Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? (337 Views)

Mahmood Yakubu Speaking On No Election Postponement Vs The Postponement (videos) / Election Postponement: Buhari Campaign Blames PDP / 2019 Election Postponement: INEC Official Statement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by Rikze: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
I got up as early as 5:13 am this morning, decided to use the restroom.

As usual I went in with my tablet to source for news on Nairaland, Lo and behold the

shocker, "Fayose Reacts To Election Postponement"

I searched more curiously and saw another, "INEC Postpones Elections"

Honestly, I was so so sad... Having calculated the amount of sleep I would have had before going

on to the business of the day...

All arrangements canceled and I had torearrange things for good.

Started with calling a few family members and friends to inform them as many were not yet

aware of the development that early....

So friends, how did you get to know of the Election Postponement?
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by haywire07(m): 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
I was sleeping but left the TV on.

I guess due to the rumours of possibilities that the election would be postponed, my brain was very active. So when I continued to hear Yakubu's voice... Shît I ran out of bed... Lo and behold!!!!
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by ikay00406(m): 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
My phone alarm woke me up at 4:45am. Was about having my morning exercise then take a shower before driving off to my polling unit by 5:30am (was anticipating a queue so I wanted to be at the front). Then I checked nairaland. Was shocked. Thought it was a lie. Then I googled "Election Postponed". Read the new from other credible sources such as vanguard,etc. Called my brother to inform him then dived on my bed in anger and returned back to sleep. Thats about it.
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by Rikze: 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2019
Lo and behold what? Please finish the story...

I like the "my brain was very active" part of it...

Perhaps it wasn't sleeping with you or what?

haywire07:
I was sleeping but left the TV on.

I guess due to the rumours of possibilities that the election would be postponed, my brain was very active. So when I continued to hear Yakubu's voice... Shît I ran out of bed... Lo and behold!!!!
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by Rikze: 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2019
ikay00406:
My phone alarm woke me up at 4:45am. Was about having my morning exercise then take a shower before driving off to my polling unit by 5:30am (was anticipating a queue so I wanted to be at the front). Then I checked nairaland. Was shocked. Thought it was a lie. Then I googled "Election Postponed". Read the new from other credible sources such as vanguard,etc. Called my brother to inform him then dived on my bed in anger and returned back to sleep. Thats about it.

It must have been a very disappointing experience for you

I can attest to that
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by ikay00406(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Rikze:

It must have been a very disappointing experience for you

I can attest to that

Yes it was. Next week I must vote. Hopefully no more postponing. angry
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by CreepyBlackpool: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
Woke up by 10:40am and opened Facebook to remind a friend that we were suposed to go to the polling unit together.
News of the postponement just filled my news feed.
I opened nairaland for confirmation.

Las las, INEC has disenfranchised me cause there's no way I'll stay home till next saturday and I can't waste money and time coming back home again
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by DrGoodman: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
My babe woke me up after calling her mum, I doubted the news at first sha
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by Neduzze5(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
I woke up around 5AM and logged onto my WhatsApp. Checking some of the status from friends after going through previous messages, I saw the breaking news.

I quickly rushed to Naira land to confirm and lo and behold, Yakubu had once again reminded us of a certain Yakubu that disappointed us in one of the past World Cup matches.

CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: When And How Did You Hear Of The Election Postponement? by mine85(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
I woke up by 5am.... prepared garri,packed it in cooler, cut some bread,took a sachet milk and Milo....and a malt... packed all in my laptop bag..

Send text to my boss to that I am ready as we have discussed that I will follow him out by 5:30am... So he can drop me near my polling unit while he goes to his in the other part of Town.

I waited till 7am, didn't hear from him, I decided to call...oga just de wake up from sleep, he asked me,. 'where did you say you are going again...' lol,I was surprised... then he announced to me that elections have been postponed.

I was dumbfounded ...weak, open my phone, Saw the news..went back to bed

(1) (Reply)

INEC Admits Its Contractor Is An APC Senatorial Candidate / APC Dares INEC To Re-Open Campaign, Reveal What Will Happen If INEC Stop Them / I Don’t Need To Rig, Before Defeating Atiku —buhari Slams PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.