Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! (3915 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Sportsguard: ‘mikel Obi Was Africa’s Best In 2013' / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2010
i am just curious, just wanna know if he would make the english team !!! please i would love you all to be professional and not to be sentimental ! thanks ;d
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by chidichris(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
@poster,
what is ur opinion or don't u have any?
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by Kinezeala(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2010
Of course,i really think so. lol
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by MeGaStReEt: 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
yes
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by medjai(m): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2010
Mikel plays for Chelsea so he'll definitely get a nod to play in the NT. Whether he'll get to start, i'm not so sure. If I'm the coach, i'll pick Mikel ahead of Gareth Barry and Tom Huddlestone. Infact, Barry wont make my bench
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by calyx: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2010
I feel so strongly positive about it. Yes
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
He will be making the 23-man list but will hardly make first 11. Maybe substitute appearance.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by vivienall(f): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2010
I think that if he was from England, He would definitely make the first 11.
He is a good player but lacks discipline.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by chidichris(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2010
I think that if he was from England, He would definitely make the first 11.
He is a good player but lacks discipline.

@vivien_all,
did u say discipline? pls if this the correct word u wanted to use, pls explain it for our understanding.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by 12large: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2010
england plays 442 mikel is not better than gerard,lampard or even baryy so i say he would not make it
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by Kinezeala(m): 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2010
@12large
remember that sometimes the formation is changed in such a way that gerrard is given a free role or made to operate from the right hand side of the midfield.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by 12large: 3:07am On Aug 27, 2010
even if formation is changed mikel is not better than gerard,lampard or barry, even thier bench players carrick and hergraves is better than mikel. carick good passer of the ball, scores goals and his a dm, hergraves also scores goal. mikel could make their 3team though
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by chidichris(m): 7:41am On Aug 27, 2010
above the law

Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by chidichris(m): 7:49am On Aug 27, 2010

JOHN MIKEL OBI: PART TWO
Posted on: Fri 27 Aug 2010

John Mikel Obi is expecting another big battle against Stoke on Saturday, but is feeling the benefit of having good friend Michael Essien back alongside him,

The Potters, now in their third season in the Barclays Premier League, have long been regarded as the division's most physical side, and while it is a reputation they have tried to play down, the Chelsea man insists this is the toughest examination he can think of.

After two games against passing sides West Brom and Wigan, we face TonyPulis's men at Stamford Bridge as we aim to extend our 100 percent record.

'This is the most difficult one, against physical, tall guys, tall defenders, all huge, strong and athletic,' says the Nigerian.

'It's going to be very hard, but all we have to do is keep the ball, play as one and create chances. We don't have to play the ball long like they do, we have to try and find spaces in behind their defence, pass the ball around and pick our moments.'

It is not as though our squad is incapable of mixing it when necessary either, before April's 7-0 thrashing of a Stoke side with little to play for, we had met them four times in the previous two seasons, narrowly coming out on top each time.

'We played very physically against Arsenal last year and they don't like it, but Stoke relish it, so we have to make our extra quality on the ball count again this time,' says Mikel.

'It will be a very difficult game, trust me, with the long throws and the ball in the air, someone like Ricardo Fuller up front, they are the toughest opponents.

'They kick the ball up, you think you are going to win it and then they are there and you're beaten, you have to be aware all the time.'

Mikel meets Fuller in March

In such games, Mikel notes that it helps to have a specimen of Michael Essien's type alongside you in the midfield, the Ghanaian having made a welcome return to first team action this season following injury.

'He is always strong! He is a great guy to have back in the team and a great player, powerful going forward and at holding people off in the middle,' says the 23-year-old, ' I do that as well, but to see him do that is good, it is good to have him back.

'We have strong guys too, we have a lot of six-footers, even someone like Lamps, you don't realise how strong he is, and Essien is shorter but is very, very strong. Our physical presence through the middle with Didier up front and JT and Alex at the back really works well for Chelsea. Even Ashley Cole who is smaller, you think he is a pushover, but he is strong.'

So things are looking good as we search for a sixth successive league victory, and in the midfield there is the prospect of added competition following the arrival of Ramires to the club.

'I haven't seen much of him, I didn't know him until he came here,' Mikel admits. 'He's obviously a good player for Chelsea to pay money for him, and hopefully he will settle in quickly and play some games.

'You don't expect to play every game when you have 60 games a season, you will miss some. I have been here five years now and I'm used to it.'

Hospitality packages are still available for Saturday's game. Click here for details.

direct from source.

Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2010
chidichris:

direct from source.

how does this explain the topic tsk !
chidichris:

@poster,
what is your opinion or don't u have any?
i'm really confused that's why i brought the topic to you shocked
medjai:

Mikel plays for Chelsea so he'll definitely get a nod to play in the NT. Whether he'll get to start, i'm not so sure. If I'm the coach, i'll pick Mikel ahead of Gareth Barry and Tom Huddlestone. Infact, Barry wont make my bench
i see sentiments grin
chidichris:

@vivien_all,
did u say discipline? pls if this the correct word u wanted to use, pls explain it for our understanding.

may be she is seeing him in the times of the under 23 when samson siasia called him and he failed to show undecided
12large:

even if formation is changed mikel is not better than gerard,lampard or barry, even thier bench players carrick and hergraves is better than mikel. carick good passer of the ball, scores goals and his a dm, hergraves also scores goal. mikel could make their 3team though
mikel is playing better than lampard and carrick at the moment !!
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by yousouph(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
Another Mikel Obi thread!!!
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by orangemen: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
@poster,
what is your opinion or don't u have any?

i'm really confused that's why i brought the topic to you

@poster,
is mikel obi the reason for ur confused life? why must u hang urself on the neck of mikel obi? why are u telling the whole world that u are a confused man? do u think nairaland is a rehablitation home?

@moderator,
i was banned for insulting somebody's parents(chidichris) which according to u is against the law. what did the same law say about multiplication of topics?
why are there over 200 mikel obi's topic on this forum? can i call this negligence of duty or selective justice which is a legal way of life in nigeria?
pls if u are ready to do ur duties as a moderator, do it well but if not, swallow ur pride and unban my id as i am not that comfortable with this new one or are u banning this one too for open truth.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by honeric01(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2010
orangemen:

@moderator,
i was banned for insulting somebody's parents(chidichris) which according to u is against the law. what did the same law say about multiplication of topics?
why are there over 200 mikel obi's topic on this forum? can i call this negligence of duty or selective justice which is a legal way of life in nigeria?
pls if u are ready to do your duties as a moderator, do it well but if not, swallow your pride and unban my id as i am not that comfortable with this new one or are u banning this one too for open truth.

Mods don't ban, so please if anyone insults you and you feel it's not civil, you can report the person, the button the right there, if it's worth a ban, a warning is going to be forwarded to the offender to desist, that how it works bro.
once more, mods don't ban

Thanks!
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2010
honeric01:

Mods don't ban, so please if anyone insults you and you feel it's not civil, you can report the person, the button the right there, if it's worth a ban, a warning is going to be forwarded to the offender to desist, that how it works bro.
once more, mods don't ban

Thanks!
atleast you can see what the dummie was sayin, if he is frustrated about nairaland, he should get the mess of . by the way henry why don't u visit kobra again, hope u can remember me !! i can see u r a moderator . keep it up. buh always act wisely .peace
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by honeric01(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^^^

Like i said, if anyone attacks you personally, you have the option of reporting him to the mods and the mods' ll look into it and then recommend such person to the appropriate person who's to act on the evidence.

Thanks (I am not Henry, either do i recall who you are, you can as well introduce yourself, maybe i might be able to remember who you are).

Be good.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

Like i said, if anyone attacks you personally, you have the option of reporting him to the mods and the mods' ll look into it and then recommend such person to the appropriate person who's to act on the evidence.

Thanks (I am not Henry, either do i recall who you are, you can as well introduce yourself, maybe i might be able to remember who you are).

Be good.
buh you are a kobrite right? if u are , off which i know, i might have forgotten ur name buh i still recorg ur id, am emeka and you?
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by oisehumen(m): 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
But is Mikel worth all these efforts?
I think this poster is probably idle; please find something doing and post better topics.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by orangemen: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
atleast you can see what the dummie was sayin, if he is frustrated about nairaland, he should get the mess of . by the way henry why don't u visit kobra again, hope u can remember me !! i can see u r a moderator . keep it up. buh always act wisely .peace

@emibros,
with this type of name, u shld be running things in alaba. u must have found urself at the wrong place.
for not for imbecility, how on earth do u think u can suggest for me when to quit or when to stay. informed ppl know that in a democratic setting like nig, i have freedom of association and speech among other things.
how on earth will a person post this type of useless topic and expect reasonable responses.

i have asked on several occassions, multiplication of thread topics are not allowed on nairaland so why is mikel more than 200 places on nairaland?
big topics and clubs like chelsea, arsenal, man u and liverpool have been restricted to just one thread so why mikel all over the place. can't haters be restricted to one thread rather than allowing this polution.
i hope this suggestion will not warrant another ban but in case it does, i will open another id with chrisbaba for ur information so that if possible u can ban that in advance.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
oisehumen:

But is Mikel worth all these efforts?
I think this poster is probably idle; please find something doing and post better topics.
BUH WHY THE HATE , CAN'T YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION AND DON'T BE A LUNATIC ! THANKS
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by orangemen: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2010
mikel on D&G suit. have a look.

Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 2:54am On Sep 18, 2010
M0re opini0n plz
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by orangemen: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2010
M0re opini0n plz

@emibros,
instead of begging for more opinion, why not start another thread topic with mikel since he is the hottest guy arround and u will get more attention.
there are still topics like wat if mikel is from south africa, mozambique, paruguay, chile, brazil and thousands of countries yet unmentioned.
u can get another one for urself especially now we are working towards changing this forum to mikel's forum.
i was thinking of asking nairalanders, how does mikel look when he is in the toilet?
or if mikel eats rice and beans?
do not be discouraged brother, u must be popular by force as long as u specialize on mikel.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by Kgdavid(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2010
i think england definately needs a player like mikel in the middle of the park cuz the way they play lacks balance and direction, mikel is definitely better than barry but im not so sure england would pick him seeing as they how a couple of players in his mould whom they do not use i.e carrick and huddlestone. i think huddlestone in particular is very similar to mikel both in structure, age and style of play and im really surprised he has not been given a shot yet
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by Vic2k3(m): 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2010
No, Mikel wont make the cut list. Why? Because english football's tradition/philosophy is hinged on moving the ball quick and fast. And Mikel been relatively very slow and a back passer wont appeal to the english fans and will definitely disrupt the cohesion of the english team.

Moreover the question is like asking if Gabriel Imuetinyan Agbonlahor was English will he make the 'A' list? Which is obvious he can't make.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by emibros: 11:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
@vick3 hmm i w0n't really agree with u,so what do u say abt his team,cos the same style is involved with his team as well as england,i mean pacy,strength,and a c0unter team which the 2 teams adopts.@david nicely said @ orangemen u r so 4ked that i can't see ur 4ked p0st,go get a brand new pimped life tsk
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by Vic2k3(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2010
@Emibros. Chelsea does not play typical english football cos the 1st team is made of 72% core foreigners and the influx of them(foreigners) changed their football approach/pattern thereby slowing their football a little bit. If u want to watch real english football go and watch liverpool's matches(especially the sect that conquered europe).

And please don't be sentimental with this topic cos i know Mikel is your hero.
Re: If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List ! by orangemen: 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
pls, can the moderators help us put all mikel's thread on the front page?
pls we need to have things well organised here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nariabet Bonus / See How Much Mayweather Is Making Tonight! What A Wicked World! (very Bloody) / Ronaldo officially becomes Madrid's all time highest goalscorer (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.