Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China (25922 Views)

Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? / The Impact Of Benny Hinn’s Rejection Of The Prosperity Gospel In Africa / Prepare For Revolution, Archbishop Of Enugu Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by uvie66: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
Aaronsrod:

When we die we go to Heaven.

When they die they go to Hell!

The earth maybe theirs.

But Heaven is for us!
what did they do that they deserve hell and you my friend that come from the country that is involve in rituals, kidnapping, robbery, corruption, child abduction, etc etc will go to heaven. Think.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
Heavance:

Please, read what you wrote slowly, I mean slowly.

Talking about oyibo nations who taught you everything, I mean everything, even taught you about tithe ...... And you are here with the gadget they made and connected with their Network and tall mast, telling them they will go to hell.

Some times I don't understand us.

Bro you are wrong oo...white churches do not emphasize tithes and offering like Nigerian churches

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by sacx: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

No offence to you OP, but your argument is flawed. I would point it out here that God does not tempt his son with evil. The chastisement of God spoken of in scriptures brings peace and not suffering. You waved aside the fact that China was economically more advanced than Nigeria, but still went ahead to draw comparison with nations like Somalia Nigeria seemed to fare better than. You contradicted yourself.

There is a reason in spite of the proliferation of churches in Nigeria and the attendant profession to the faith, Nigeria seems to fare far worse than nations like China, with widespread corruption at it's core.

The reason is simple. Most professing believers don't understand the faith to which they are inclined, nor to the power of it. OP, I'm afraid you don't understand it fully too.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Heavance(m): 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
1Sharon:

Bro you are wrong oo...white churches do not emphasize tithes and offering like Nigerian churches
So they will go to hell because of tithe, right?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Not only China but this wicked world filled with men like you who see the truth but chose to brace the lie.

angry I have warned you to go to a psychology hospital to have your useless brain checked angry that useless smartphone you used to type this nonsense was made by who..... Chinese you dumb chimpanzee angry I have told you that the day I will see you I will end your existence angry brainless backwards deluded chimpanzee

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by alBHAGDADI: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
sacx:

No offence to you OP, but your argument is flawed. I would point it out here that God does not tempt his son with evil. The chastisement of God spoken of in scriptures brings peace and not suffering. You waved aside the fact that China was economically more advanced than Nigeria, but still went ahead to draw comparison with nations like Somalia Nigeria seemed to fare better than. You contradicted yourself.

There is a reason in spite of the proliferation of churches in Nigeria and the attendant profession to the faith, Nigeria seems to fare far worse than nations like China, with widespread corruption at it's core.

The reason is simple. Most professing believers don't understand the faith to which they are inclined, nor to the power of it. OP, I'm afraid you don't understand it fully too.

God doesn't tempt?

What about what he did with Job?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by sacx: 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

God doesn't tempt?

What about what he did with Job?

God doesn't tempt with evil. Job's predicament was the orchestration of Satan. Job, however how pious, was a man with a dead spirit of which Satan had authority over. Believers are not like that. Mark the difference.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Aceed: 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
Nukilia:

Go play in the sand kid undecided
As I suspected speechless
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by alBHAGDADI: 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
sacx:

God doesn't tempt with evil. Job's predicament was the orchestration of Satan. Job, however how pious, was a man with a dead spirit of which Satan had authority over. Believers are not like that. Mark the difference.
Don't you get it? Temptations are a test. God tested Job just as he tested Abraham whom he ordered to slaughter Isaac his son in sacrifice. The difference between God's temptation and that of Satan is that God stops and doesn't allow you carry out the deed like he stopped Abraham from sacrificing isaax, but Satan will see that you do it.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Favor99(m): 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
1Sharon:
Hallelujah.

It may appear funny that Nigerians are very religious with poor development and suffering all around, but we will be rewarded In heaven.

Other nations that think they are smarter than god so turned their back on him will experience death in this life and the next
Nigerians May be God’s children, that’s why he punishes us more. That verse the OP stated is very correct. Oyinbo honestly are not children of God

The oyinbo do a lot of severely cruel things to us without any cause. They have such severe hatred for us even though we have not laid a hand on them. Imagine what kind of person wants to enslave and oppress someone that has done no wrong to them? It’s not natural to hate someone with so much passion that hasn’t done any evil to them. We Africans on the other hand can do a lot of foolish things, but not that wicked.

So yes the sufferings of us Africans/Nigerians means we’re his children and he holds us to a higher standard and expects more. We don’t do some of the wicked stuff oyinbo do. However we are not perfect and some of us are evil.

But no Nigerian or African can get into heaven if they are running around social media saying afonja, brown roof republic, skull miners, flat heads, Edo ashawo, baby factory, greedy ipob.
God is punishing you to change you. You are special to him and he won’t tolerate any of this

P.S I don’t hate oyinbo people, I still love them
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by urahara(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
theoldpretender:

Then you missed the ultimate point of my missive...which, while defending religion...also points out the fact that development is based on a lot of other factors.

50-80 years ago, these countries were developed...and also very religious. Infact, many of these countries were religious during the industrial revolution.

Gay rights is a recent phenonenom. (Many European countries only got gay rights when they were long developed. Heck, Japan had gay rights in the 1950's...Europe has caught up in the 1990's. UK got there in 1968 ).

Again these are recent trends. Plus...Christianity was growing too...from 5% in 1962 TO 27 percent today.

Besides, the South's development has a lot to do with lack of natural resources and defensive purposes, plus a Confucian influenced ethos regarding education.

And then there is the US which has a high proportion of religious people.In Africa , we have South Africa that is very developed...and has high proprtions of religousity even among the white people

And throughout the Industrial revolution, most European countries were religious. Many inventors of the stuff you use were religious (Faraday who made inventions that advanced electricity was religious. As was they guy who developed anesthesia)

But to me, a country's development is not based on religion or lack of it...it is based on whether a country is willing to work hard for it. Here in Nigeria, we are poor and underdeveloped because most people have a daily bread mentality which prevents long term thinking. Many European countries are developed because they lacked enough natural resources....and had harsh climates...which meant you had to adapt or not survive (That's why they developed the theory of evolution over there...heheheh...too much adapting!). IN Nigeria, we think that we have lotsa natural resources that we can sell for money, and use to import stuff we can enjoy life with...and that makes things harder for us.

If Nigeria wants to develop,we have to work hard for it. But in a country where people somehow expect us to magically have everything the developed countries have because...we has oil..which isn't even earning us enough cash anymore.....we have a long way to go. Atheism won't change much if we adopted it.

I beg u in the name of God , pls ,don't say South Africa is developed .

South Africa that 2 percent of the people control about seventy percent of the wealth.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Funkybabee(f): 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Don't mind them, they always feel like they know all, saying china is develop than us, tell me how many years china have used to build their nation to that extent while compare it to Nigeria 56years, That's one of the reason.

second: according to my gst couse I guess fundamental of peace and conflicts or maybe history of philosophy shaa I can't clearly remember unless I check it back show an evidence of their mass destructions because of their free way out of God Which leads to their unhappiness and caused alot of depression that will normally see because there is not a guide that will keep them strong or faith in whatever any battle they might found themselve in life Thanks God for the world of God which teach of about of faith and hope that keep us trying and hustle here in Nigeria through our believe that this country will be great someday..

a lots of disadvantages that I can't mention here all just because of my laziness in typing and even no much time to explain more...

Nigerian might be facing their trying times but I believe Jesus is the lord and will keep this nation till will be a gold eyes to other nation because we are still going to serve as an example to others Nation that truly there is only one God, the one who is and the one who is yet to come and the one for life forever.

shalom.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Aaronsrod: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
Offpoint:

They're aren't God sons, who created them?

Satan.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by sacx: 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Don't you get it? Temptations are a test. God tested Job just as he tested Abraham whom he ordered to slaughter Isaac his son in sacrifice. The difference between God's temptation and that of Satan is that God stops and doesn't allow you carry out the deed like he stopped Abraham from sacrificing isaax, but Satan will see that you do it.

You don't understand my point. God chastises his children, but he doesn't bring calamity upon them in the processes of doing it. I maintain Satan was the one that tempted Job, not God. Death, calamity are a product of Satan. God won't use the enemy's tool in administering discipline to his children. There may have been several places in old testament scripture that in ordinary eye could point to the fact that God indeed tempt with evil. But still I say otherwise. If you want to understand the nature of God, study Jesus while he walked the earth.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Slimpotter(m): 11:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
izzou:

So God will destroy China? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your thread should start gracing the Jokes section. You are starting to sound unserious every Sunday
As in ehn, he even had to justify the sufferings, the corruption, the cheating and greed of Nigerians as chastisement
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 2:05am On Feb 18, 2019
lexy2014:

When u say "Other nations that think they are smarter than god so turned their back on him will experience death in this life", what do u mean?

What do you think it means
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by lexy2014: 8:40am On Feb 18, 2019
1Sharon:

What do you think it means

I don't no that's y am asking u. Or u don't no d meaning of what u wrote?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Eyeti(f): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
What most people dnt undastand is that following God and being religous are completely different things. Despite the largely xtian population in naija, aren't terrible tinz still happenin? A lot of evil being pepetrated in the average man's life involves supposed xtians. People hidin under the cloak of religion to do all sort of things yet they think going to church or believing in God automatically justifies them acting anyhow. The chinese'll continue to be prosperous cos they're very hardworking folks simple.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Favor99(m): 6:43am On Feb 19, 2019
Eyeti:
What most people dnt undastand is that following God and being religous are completely different things. Despite the largely xtian population in naija, aren't terrible tinz still happenin? A lot of evil being pepetrated in the average man's life involves supposed xtians. People hidin under the cloak of religion to do all sort of things yet they think going to church or believing in God automatically justifies them acting anyhow. The chinese'll continue to be prosperous cos they're very hardworking folks simple.
Because Nigerians although are Christians are still sinning. Our people are still committing to many sins. We are supposed to aim to be perfect like Jesus Christ. There’s punishment for sin. God disciplines the child he loves, who is his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2019
lexy2014:

I don't no that's y am asking u. Or u don't no d meaning of what u wrote?

It is pretty self explanatory, what interpretation do you want?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by lexy2014: 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2019
1Sharon:

It is pretty self explanatory, what interpretation do you want?
"
"Other nations that think they are smarter than god so turned their back on him will experience death in this life"

What u saying is that one of d punishment people will receive 4 turning their backs on God is physical death, right? I just want 2b I got u correctly
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 20, 2019
1Sharon:

Religion adds to the ridiculousness of the matter of *Nigeria*.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 3:11am On Feb 20, 2019
lexy2014:

"
"Other nations that think they are smarter than god so turned their back on him will experience death in this life"

What u saying is that one of d punishment people will receive 4 turning their backs on God is physical death, right? I just want 2b I got u correctly

Yes physical and spiritual, like it says in His word.

Are you born of the spirit?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by lexy2014: 7:05am On Feb 20, 2019
1Sharon:

Yes physical and spiritual, like it says in His word.

Are you born of the spirit?

Are u going to die physically? So everyone who has died, died because they turned their backs on God, right?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 9:54am On Feb 20, 2019
lexy2014:

Are u going to die physically? So everyone who has died, died because they turned their backs on God, right?

Christians will be resurrected from the dead
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by lexy2014: 10:34am On Feb 20, 2019
1Sharon:

Christians will be resurrected from the dead

We aren't talking about resurrection. We are discussing death. After all, b4 resurrection, there must b death. D question is, what will cause d death? And according 2u, d only time people will die physically is when they turn their backs on God. So once again, are u going to experience physical death? Are u saying that all those who have died& who will die physically, will do so because they turned their backs on God?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
lexy2014:

We aren't talking about resurrection. We are discussing death. After all, b4 resurrection, there must b death. D question is, what will cause d death? And according 2u, d only time people will die physically is when they turn their backs on God. So once again, are u going to experience physical death? Are u saying that all those who have died& who will die physically, will do so because they turned their backs on God?

No I won't experience physical death like the unbeleivers. My Lord and saviour Jebus Crust will rapture me.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by lexy2014: 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
1Sharon:

No I won't experience physical death like the unbeleivers. My Lord and saviour Jebus Crust will rapture me.
That's good 2no but that doesn't answer d question as to d cause of death 4 those who have died. Cos according 2u d only time people will die physically is when they turn their backs on God. Are u saying that all those who have died& who will die physically, will do so because they turned their backs on God?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by 1Sharon(f): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
lexy2014:

That's good 2no but that doesn't answer d question as to d cause of death 4 those who have died. Cos according 2u d only time people will die physically is when they turn their backs on God. Are u saying that all those who have died& who will die physically, will do so because they turned their backs on God?

They didn't have enough faith.
Thank you
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by lexy2014: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
1Sharon:

They didn't have enough faith.
Thank you

So u mean someone who died 50years ago at d age of 95 didn't have enough faith that's y they died? What makes u say they didn't have enough faith? What does having "enough faith" entail?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China by UyiIredia(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
1Sharon:

A definition of delusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'You Will Marry Next Year'- Adeboye Prays for Single Men Wasting Time (Video) / "Woman Vomits Lizard" During Bishop Sam Zuga Water Ministration In Minna / Ijaw Traditional Worshippers Hold End Of Year Thanksgiving In The River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.