Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? (44869 Views)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by ednut1(m): 6:56am On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:
lol... I was advised to buy within an estate. Didn't you? Abi estate too no pure ni?
na estate pple dey run d scam na. Once u see excision in progress flee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by pomide(m): 7:28am On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:

Disadvantages:
1. Underground water is a salty, rusty mess. You cant drink from your borehole or bath with it, you must treat it. So, to have clean water, you need to prepare to install RO machine. It set me back over 5m to install the system to have clean water to drink, bath and cook with. Cant even wash my expensive cars with the borehole water. So, the water plant installation is not enough, you have to backwash and service the machine every 3 months, at least for mine. So it is expensive to even have water.

Hi how are you Capensis, trust you had a great night smiley . Can I make a bid on insuring your Reverse Osmosis Machine against Machinery Breakdown at 35k Per Annum Premium?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:

When making such requests, try to be specific, list your skills, what you can do and many more.

Bless you bro
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Abudu2000(m): 7:45am On Feb 18, 2019
t2luv1:

Wow, Just imagine if a white person had written exactly the same thing you wrote. The word Caliber how do you define that. I don't live in that country but I do visit occasionally. Your so call Island that I happened to see during the raining season, in my opinion is the most expensive piece of slum land I have ever seen.
listen. an environment with wealthy ones doesn't really mean there are no natural disasters happening there. for Christ sake even the USA and UK isn't free from tornadoe,earthquakes and all that. if you know you want to live a lifestyle where no one will envy you and try to bring you down to their proverty level just go to Island. even in mainland using a 2000 corolla your neighborhood will so much envy you and you will be a walking target but there are ppl with rolls Royce in banana island and they drive even at 2am at night. my brother ppl in mainland are wicked oo. infact I wish Lagos could be split into 2. even at this age there are very few ppl using a smartphone in the mainland, something that even kids see are a norm. in the mainland you will still find someone that will say they have no use for smartphone, they prefer their Nokia touch.

bottom line is this, if you live a higher lifestyle, don't just stay on an environment with poor population. it isn't about wether there's flooding or overhead bridges. the mentality of the ppl in mainland is just too low to tolerate rich ppl.

one last on, whenever you see a topic about expensive cars on fp, watch for those envy comments and you will know the ones in mainland. they are the "vanity upon vanity" crew. that's how the envy begins. I have a friend in diaspora too. he's almost done with is mansion so he can move his wife and kids that are in lekki phase 1. the amount he's spent already would have built him twice that Mansion @ ikorodu but he himself said it that mainland will kill his wife for him. he would rather remain on rent on the island than build on the mainland.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 7:48am On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:

Will confirm with my HR team.

In addition, my qualifications are;
ND in banking and finance (upper credit )
Hnd in banking and finance (to be completed later later )
BSc in banking and finance (currently in my finals, currently first class but may end up in 2nd class Cox I didn't start my degree with a first class )

Diploma in desktop publishing

Teaching experience
Computer operator and instructor
Graphics design

God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 7:49am On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:

When making such requests, try to be specific, list your skills, what you can do and many more.

I just did

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by erifeoluwasimi(f): 8:04am On Feb 18, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Bro, what is the average cost of a decent room and parlour self-contained apartment?
Total package 200
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Quorax: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2019
Abudu2000:
listen. an environment with wealthy ones doesn't really mean there are no natural disasters happening there. for Christ sake even the USA and UK isn't free from tornadoe,earthquakes and all that. if you know you want to live a lifestyle where no one will envy you and try to bring you down to their proverty level just go to Island. even in mainland using a 2000 corolla your neighborhood will so much envy you and you will be a walking target but there are ppl with rolls Royce in banana island and they drive even at 2am at night. my brother ppl in mainland are wicked oo. infact I wish Lagos could be split into 2. even at this age there are very few ppl using a smartphone in the mainland, something that even kids see are a norm. in the mainland you will still find someone that will say they have no use for smartphone, they prefer their Nokia touch.

bottom line is this, if you live a higher lifestyle, don't just stay on an environment with poor population. it isn't about wether there's flooding or overhead bridges. the mentality of the ppl in mainland is just too low to tolerate rich ppl.

one last on, whenever you see a topic about expensive cars on fp, watch for those envy comments and you will know the ones in mainland. they are the "vanity upon vanity" crew. that's how the envy begins. I have a friend in diaspora too. he's almost done with is mansion so he can move his wife and kids that are in lekki phase 1. the amount he's spent already would have built him twice that Mansion @ ikorodu but he himself said it that mainland will kill his wife for him. he would rather remain on rent on the island than build on the mainland.

I understand. I think it has to do with people who don't desire to be rich or don't know how riches work that will envy. I have never met someone who desires to be rich on the mainland use the word "vanity upon vanity".. They are often from poverty stricken homes.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Quorax: 8:42am On Feb 18, 2019
Timekeeper:

BSc in banking and finance (currently in my finals, currently first class but may end up in 2nd class Cox I didn't start my degree with a first class )

Teaching experience
Graphics design

God bless you sir

Now that is how to make things happen. Generally, everyone wants to know what they will gain from relating with you... Nobody wants a liability.

Nobody takes you serious until your prove your worth, even your relatives.

I spent 7 months chasing an idea. Nobody took me serious until I yielded results... Even now, due to the slight set back, I see some doubts but I know what I am seeing as the visionary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Jaysleeves(m): 8:59am On Feb 18, 2019
bro please stop confusing people , ELEKO is an under developed area in ibeju lekki , though it has great potential in the future due to the massive industrial activities going on there, but for now its a no no no, ELEKO is a village with poor electricity, No single commercial bank and others, i once stay there during my time at the dangote refinery project
erifeoluwasimi:

Yes you can

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by erifeoluwasimi(f): 9:16am On Feb 18, 2019
Jaysleeves:
bro please stop confusing people , ELEKO is an under developed area in ibeju lekki , though it has great potential in the future due to the massive industrial activities going on there, but for now its a no no no, ELEKO is a village with poor electricity, No single commercial bank and others, i once stay there during my time at the dangote refinery project
Come the op talked about ibeju lekki.. abeg where eleko dy? N moreover there is good elwctrictel. Ask any one still there
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2019
Timekeeper:

Teaching experience
Graphics design

God bless you sir

Noted.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:

Now that is how to make things happen. Generally, everyone wants to know what they will gain from relating with you... Nobody wants a liability.

Nobody takes you serious until your prove your worth, even your relatives.

I spent 7 months chasing an idea. Nobody took me serious until I yielded results... Even now, due to the slight set back, I see some doubts but I know what I am seeing as the visionary.

Thanks bruh
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:

Noted.
Thanks sir.. ICAN or CFA in view by God's grace...
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:

Noted.
Thanks sir.. ICAN or CFA in view by God's grace...
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 18, 2019
pomide:

Hi how are you Capensis, trust you had a great night smiley . Can I make a bid on insuring your Reverse Osmosis Machine against Machinery Breakdown at 35k Per Annum Premium?

The quote is too good to be true.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 9:40am On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:

Noted.

In case u gat any job that doesn't fit my qualifications, I can adjust too, I learn things easily... Diversification is one of my talents.... God bless you sir
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Jaysleeves(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:

Come the op talked about ibeju lekki.. abeg where eleko dy? N moreover there is good elwctrictel. Ask any one still there
´please be truthful, Nobody go flog you grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Abudu2000(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:

I understand. I think it has to do with people who don't desire to be rich or don't know how riches work that will envy. I have never met someone who desires to be rich on the mainland use the word "vanity upon vanity".. They are often from poverty stricken homes.
there's no one who doesn't desire to be rich. it is when their goals doesn't work for them they pretend to settle for less. education is underated on d mainland but then they see a rich lifestyle as intimidating. you can't be using a 43" led TV on the mainland and live without envy. 90% of the population still use box TV, the ones that don't have probably theirs is at the repairers shop. you can't take the village out of a person. GRA Ikeja parts might come close but that low life still manifest in them. bottom line is if you are poor mainland is for you but when your life finally turns around and you still remain there? it's only a matter of time before you return back to that proverty coz you can't live in Rome and not behave like the Romans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Abudu2000(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2019
Hedonini:

You that live in Olokonla after Ajah, heading towards Epe, shebi you're also part of the snooty 'Island' crowd? How many parts of the Island (Apart from Banana, Old Ikoyi, Parkview, and some parts of VI) are better than GRA Ikeja, Shonibare Estate Ikeja and even Amuwo/Festac Extension or Magodo?

Even in terms of high streets, I don't know any street on Lekki 1 that is as 'high' as Isaac John in GRA Ikeja. It ranks right up there with any high street in the most upscale parts of anywhere in Lagos.

This Mainland/Island distinction is really needless. The big ballers, the fakers and the empty church rats in Lagos are like air. They are everywhere.
all those parts you mention even still better at least it's a few minutes distance. let's face it, you can't compare Ogun to Ibadan. even if Ibadan is the largest city but Ogun people are more civilized and they get high end stuffs coz they are few hours away from lag. so my guy I lived at mainland for 11years, there's no where this argument can enter that I can't follow it to. I used to say the same thing too until I finally moved out.
this is not related to the argument however how many ppl have moved out from a face me I slap you house into a mansion?? I know say them dey but how many have you seen?? bru your environment go hold your blessing, that's why most Ibo guys would rather join cash and rent in a good environment than to rent in one local environment in the name of saving. I would rather 4 graduates join cash and a room on island than 1 flat on the mainland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Quorax: 11:29am On Feb 18, 2019
Timekeeper:

In case u gat any job that doesn't fit my qualifications, I can adjust too, I learn things easily... Diversification is one of my talents.... God bless you sir
easy don't sound to desperate. Calm down and I believe something will come up for you. Don't forget my thread when it happens.

And when it comes, make sure you make a good name and impression of yourself.

God bless...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Hotfreeze: 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:

What about people who buy from real estate companies?

Real Estate Companies are worse scammers than Omoniles.

A lot of them sell government committed land.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Timekeeper: 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Quorax:
easy don't sound to desperate. Calm down and I believe something will come up for you. Don't forget my thread when it happens.

And when it comes, make sure you make a good name and impression of yourself.

God bless...

Aiit. Thanks
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Quorax: 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Real Estate Companies are worse scammers than Omoniles.

A lot of them sell government committed land.

Chai.... Mogbe
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2019
Abudu2000:
there's no one who doesn't desire to be rich. it is when their goals doesn't work for them they pretend to settle for less. education is underated on d mainland but then they see a rich lifestyle as intimidating. you can't be using a 43" led TV on the mainland and live without envy. 90% of the population still use box TV, the ones that don't have probably theirs is at the repairers shop. you can't take the village out of a person. GRA Ikeja parts might come close but that low life still manifest in them. bottom line is if you are poor mainland is for you but when your life finally turns around and you still remain there? it's only a matter of time before you return back to that proverty coz you can't live in Rome and not behave like the Romans
How old are you?you must be a kid

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by pomide(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
Capensis:

The quote is too good to be true.

Lool,

Alright so Machinery BreakDown Insurance is a product typically designed for high end industrial companies against break down in equipments. In retail markets, it is applied to high-end household expensive engineering equipments like your Reverse Osmosis machine for example. Other equipments applies as well.

So Standard rate for Machinery BreakDown Insurance (For Retail) is 0.70 of value of the equipment which is 5 million as stated above.

Quick maths puts premium at 35,000 per annum.

That's how I simply arrived at that quote.

I'd still like to make formal a bid on insuring your RO Machine sir

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Quorax: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
Abudu2000:
all those parts you mention even still better at least it's a few minutes distance. let's face it, you can't compare Ogun to Ibadan. even if Ibadan is the largest city but Ogun people are more civilized and they get high end stuffs coz they are few hours away from lag. so my guy I lived at mainland for 11years, there's no where this argument can enter that I can't follow it to. I used to say the same thing too until I finally moved out.
this is not related to the argument however how many ppl have moved out from a face me I slap you house into a mansion?? I know say them dey but how many have you seen?? bru your environment go hold your blessing, that's why most Ibo guys would rather join cash and rent in a good environment than to rent in one local environment in the name of saving. I would rather 4 graduates join cash and a room on island than 1 flat on the mainland

I understand. My friend said same thing when I told him why he spends millions on rent. I will make the move.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Quorax: 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
olas24u:

lol. Why are u attacking him like that?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2019
miketayo:

Are u kidding me, Lekki is just an overrated slum, dirty gutters, bad water, endless flood .. falomo is the only part that makes sense on d island, and some parts in VI

Falomo is one of the down graded places on Island. I don't know why people claim to know things when they don't sad on the Island you live a sane life, you mingle with reasonable people, you mix with them, jobs are more, opportunities are more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by jackyraw09: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
olas24u:

how old are you too? only in nigeria do people justify their thoughts and actions with their age. you could be older than that guy but
countering what he wrote up their actually shows how primitive you are.

and your only focal point is his age. Typical nigerian. mshtcheeeew!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
jackyraw09:

how old are you too? only in nigeria do people justify their thoughts and actions with their age. you could be older than that guy but

You are always quick to say rubbish about you country,the write-up is childish and stupid.stop talking shit about your country.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
jackyraw09:

Some men sandfilled the whole of lekki 1 many years ago,they are investors and still live on the mainland.You rat with low intelligence coming to type poo like a 12 year old.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Task Force Intercepts Trucks Carrying Almajiri At Cross River Borders / Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics / Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.