Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? (4191 Views)

Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I have this issue I have been battling with and have decided to table it before you all and seek for an advice.

I got a job recently through an agent to work for a company in Dubai. The pay is N200k per month with free accommodation and transportation. Meanwhile, I'm self-employed in Nigeria, I'm a freelancer earning below N100k. My question now is should I take the offer or leave it? Is it worth leaving Nigeria over N200k?

Lalasticlala please help me move this to the FP.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by PMBuhariGCFR: 10:21am On Feb 17, 2019
You are not going anywhere. After voting for me, you want to run away.

3 Likes

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by crestedaguiyi: 10:25am On Feb 17, 2019
The ₦200k, is it net of taxes or it's gross.

For me sha, ₦100k in a country that functions is better than ₦300k is a dysfunctional country.

Their are too many fake products in Nigeria that will reduce your life span:

Fake phone with heavy radiation
Fake bear
Fake drugs
Fake doctors
Fake nurses
Fake cars( the number of airbags in Nigeria cars are less than those in Europe and America)
Fake car parts
Fake govt.

If the job is sure and the papers legit, my dear ball.

$1000 used to be ₦150k 4 yrs ago but today it's ₦ 360k and might be ₦1m in 4 years time if bubu wins again

9 Likes

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by ifyalways(f): 10:31am On Feb 17, 2019
Longushomo:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this issue I have been battling with and have decided to table it before you all and seek for an advice.

I got a job recently through an agent to work for a company in Dubai. The pay is N200k per month. Meanwhile, I'm self-employed in Nigeria, I'm a freelancer. My question now is should I take the offer or leave it? Is it worth leaving Nigeria over N200k?

Lalasticlala please help me move this to the FP.
Accomodation a nd transportation nko?

200K monthly in Dubai,it's obviously a blue collar job.

You didn't state what you get monthly from your freelancing job, that would help to analyse your situation better.

1 Like

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 10:31am On Feb 17, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

For me sha, ₦100k in a country that functions is better than ₦300k is a dysfunctional country.

Fake bear
Fake drugs
Fake doctors
Fake nurses
Fake cars( the number of airbags in Nigeria cars are less than those in Europe and America)
Fake car parts
Fake govt.

$1000 used to be ₦150k 4 yrs ago but today it's ₦ 360k and might be ₦1m in 4 years time if bubu wins again

It's tax exempted
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by loodba: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2019
You mentioned that you are a freelancer which means it does not stop you while in dubai....this is killing two birds with one stone

4 Likes

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2019
ifyalways:

Accomodation a nd transportation nko?

200K monthly in Dubai,it's obviously a blue collar job.

You didn't state what you get monthly from your freelancing job, that would help to analyse your situation better.
I'm offered free accommodation and transportation.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by crestedaguiyi: 10:37am On Feb 17, 2019
Longushomo:

It's tax exempted

For the simple fact that you can use your hard earned money to easily buy a fake or expired product that can harm you or your loved one, I advise you take the job and live the country until standard organisation of Nigeria is ready to do their job by visiting the market and shopping malls for proper actions

2 Likes

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Feb 17, 2019
Longushomo:

I'm offered free accommodation and transportation.
I hope you know you'd be sharing accomodation with atleast 3 people in a room, could be as many as 10.

What do you make from your freelancing monthly here, on a bad and good month?

If you have a degree and skill set, this job CAN be a stepping stone for you on your UAE ladder. You do It,get the much I needed Gulf experience and move on to better jobs. 200K monthly is not such a great job for UAE standard but it's better than 250K gross Naija pay.

Downside: no career growth as it's a blue collar job. Dunno if you'd find job satisfaction as that is relative. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2019
ifyalways:

I hope you know you'd be sharing accomodation with atleast 3 people in a room, could be as many as 10.

What do you make from your freelancing monthly here, on a bad and good month?

If you have a degree and skill set, this job CAN be a stepping stone for you on your UAE ladder. You do It,get the much I needed Gulf experience and move on to better jobs. 200K monthly is not such a great job for UAE standard but it's better than 250K gross Naija pay.

Downside: no career growth as it's a blue collar job. Dunno if you'd find job satisfaction as that is relative. undecided

On a bad day I make N40k. I never knew I would have to share the accommodation with anyone. I will look into it.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Asquare84(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2019
I will advice you to take that offer. My official driver got a job in Dubai through an agent last two years ago now he is earning 300 k as a driver now, I was shocked when he just bought a 2016 Camry through auction in dubai for 700 k, That car worth almost 4.5 million in Nigerian. His wife and kid just travel to visit him last two week in Dubai. Meanwhile me that I am his boss in office is still earning less than 100 k in Nigeria. Even a I can't even afford a good car yet. Just grab the opportunity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
Asquare84:
I will advice you to take that offer. My official driver got a job in Dubai through an agent last two years ago now he is earning 300 k as a driver now, I was shocked when he just bought a 2016 Camry through auction in dubai for 700 k, That car worth almost 4.5 million in Nigerian. His wife and kid just travel to visit him last two week in Dubai. Meanwhile me that I am his boss in office is still earning less than 100 k in Nigeria. Even a I can't even afford a good car yet. Just grab the opportunity
The thing is the accommodation given isn't suitable in a way for me. 4 people are to stay in a room. The pay also isn't encouraging; N200k per month for two years.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by ifyalways(f): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
Longushomo:

On a bad day I make N40k. I never knew I would have to share the accommodation with anyone. I will look into it.
Lol

You will definitely share accomodation and maybe bed( bunk bed style) accomodation is very expensive in UAE, Dubai emirate especially but I heard the shared room thingy it's not so bad.

You make 40K on a bad day here? If so then Dubai blue collar job is not for you. What job sef are we talking of? Cleaner? I hope it's not construction sha cos sun go nearly kill you. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Taofeekdboy(m): 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
Longushomo:

The thing is the accommodation given isn't suitable in a way for me. 4 people are to stay in a room. The pay also isn't encouraging; N200k per month for two years.
200k job is not encouraging in dubai? If you know how much some people earn here, you will understand that everything is not glitter as they used to show it on social media. 200k without paying for acomodation and transportation, list both private and government organizations that pay that unless getting it through corruption and bribe means. Also don't trust your agent much cos most of them do tell lies and when you get there, the salary might not be what he said.

3 Likes

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Taofeekdboy:
Also don't trust your agent much cos most of them do tell lies and when you get there, the salary might not be what he said.
This is what I'm most especially weary of. The agent never told me about sharing a room with three others until I asked him. There could be other unfavorable conditions he is yet to disclose to me.

I'm having premonition that this country is more propitious for me to succeed in life than going over to Dubai. Unless I find a more paying job there with far better perks.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Taofeekdboy(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
Longushomo:

This is what I'm most especially weary of. The agent never told me about sharing a room with three others until I asked him. There could be other unfavorable conditions he is yet to disclose to me.

I'm having premonition that this country is more propitious for me to succeed in life than going over to Dubai. Unless I find a more paying job there with far better perks.
If you have UAE experience or rather a skill/professional. Doctors, nurses, engineers and graphic designers have better chances here than other skills. I will implore you if you have something good doing over in Nigeria, don't come here to start all over again.. Many have come, some are lucky, some are unlucky, Alhamdulilah for mine. About the acomodation, my company gave me a good acomodation, three in a room with good facilities, it depends on your company.

1 Like

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Longushomo: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Taofeekdboy:
If you have UAE experience or rather a skill/professional. Doctors, nurses, engineers and graphic designers have better chances here than other skills. I will implore you if you have something good doing over in Nigeria, don't come here to start all over again.. Many have come, some are lucky, some are unlucky, Alhamdulilah for mine. About the acomodation, my company gave me a good acomodation, three in a room with good facilities, it depends on your company.
Please what work do you do over there?
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by NONNYG: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
@OP, be careful. If the agent can’t tell you it’s a sharing accommodation at the beginning, he must be hiding a lot of things to you. Hope he’s not the type that will process visit visa and tell you someone from the company will come pick u from the airport. Well if he’s genuine about the employment visa, just be sure of you job offer, to avoid signing devil’s contract.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by ashawopikin(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
My advice is u should go, as a freelancer if the condition is not favourable to u, u can always come back
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by TheStrongest: 1:55am On Feb 20, 2019
Taofeekdboy:
could u share more insight on this please?
Like what kinda job and how did u secure it
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2019
I smell some scammers on this thread.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by crestedaguiyi: 4:33am On Feb 21, 2019
Longushomo:

I can't share a room with one guy let alone 3, I will not take the job on that ground.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 21, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

I can't share a room with one guy let alone 3, I will not take the job on that ground.

Imagine one of those guys or two of them being Gay as MF. You're done for.

They can be dirty as fvck too. I can't stand dirty people.
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by davidguitar20: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2019
are you sure the monthly pay is up to that 200k? cos all this our naija agent are scammers I just return from the uae January this year,I went there for a job of 1500dirham but getting there a later discover the pay is 1000dirhram.I will advice u to think well before leaving naija Dubai is though for naija for now and life ain't easy there and things are cost compare to naija,as for accommodation stuffs you gonna share bed space with at least four people no company can give you a room and be ready to battle bed bugs they full everywhere.Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by cutieme(m): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2019
davidguitar20:
are you sure the monthly pay is up to that 200k? cos all this our naija agent are scammers I just return from the uae January this year,I went there for a job of 1500dirham but getting there a later discover the pay is 1000dirhram.I will advice u to think well before leaving naija Dubai is though for naija for now and life ain't easy there and things are cost compare to naija,as for accommodation stuffs you gonna share bed space with at least four people no company can give you a room and be ready to battle bed bugs they full everywhere.Good luck!
hahahahaha,don't they have medicines for the bed bugs?Well,those are some of the challenges a man must face on the way to greatness.But bro,how long did you stay there?
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by TheStrongest: 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
cutieme:
hahahahaha,don't they have medicines for the bed bugs?Well,those are some of the challenges a man must face on the way to greatness.But bro,how long did you stay there?
True bro, good things don't come easy
Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by adebisola(f): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
Reality setting as if this Boss see the future....chaiii...Naija which way

crestedaguiyi:

Fake bear
Fake drugs
Fake doctors
Fake nurses
Fake car parts
Fake govt.

Re: Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It? by adebisola(f): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
crestedaguiyi:

Fake bear
Fake drugs
Fake doctors
Fake nurses
Fake car parts
Fake govt.

(1) (Reply)

For Those That Vowed That They Must Go To Dubai. See How Nigerians Are Suffering / How Is Life In Cotonou? / Boat Cruise To An Island In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.