Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. (634 Views)

Can Wike And PDP Really Remove APC From Power In 2023? / Has Pdp Really Wasted 16 Years Achieving Nothing? Nigerian Unemployment Today / APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by WonderManly(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2019
If economy is bad everything will be expensive. But when economy is good things will be cheap. In those days when PDP destroyed the economy for 16yrs.
A bag of rice was #7,500
A littre of petrol was #87
A dollar was #170
A bajaj motorcycle was #82,000
A 10kg bag of semovita was #1,100
A 10kg bag of wheat meal was #700
The Lagos-Abuja transport fare was #2,500
A tin of peak milk was #80
Infact those guy destroyed the economy totally. Wicked people!
Thank God for our APC messiahs that have come to revive the economy.
A bag of rice is now #16,000
A littre of petrol is now #145
A bajaj motorcycle is now #280,000
A 10kg of semovita is now #3,000
A10kg of wheat meal is now #2,800
The Lagos-Abuja transport fare is now #15,500
A tin of peak milk is now #220

The most intresting fact about this in just 2-3yrs. We have to give them 16yrs to do more.
Nigeria should be happy to have such APC. Yet some Nigerians are still wanted APC to remain power for more hardship. Hmmm, God have mercy on us. Amen!
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by PMBuhariGCFR: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2019
I dont understand what you are trying to say. Are you mad?
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2019
Minions

Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by naijapips04: 11:40am On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:

he's hailing you for saving our economy

1 Like

Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by PMBuhariGCFR: 11:43am On Feb 17, 2019
naijapips04:

he's hailing you for saving our economy

Okay. Thankyou. But remember the money i borrowed from West China. All of you in Nigeria is owing them 30thousand naira
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by WonderManly(m): 11:44am On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:
Why will you understand. Birds of a fether...

1 Like

Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by naijapips04: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:

Okay. Thankyou. But remember the money i borrowed from West China. All of you in Nigeria is owing them 30thousand naira
30k cha! is that note the salary you pay your BMC defenders? you want them to use their entire salary to repay your debt? I know you are a tyrant, but easy on BMC na.
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by mycar: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2019
To help you out, Sometimes, too much money in circulation can cause inflation, this type of inflation is usually caused by the increased in the wages but when there is no increase in the minimum wage and price of goods are high then the standard of living is very poor and that is what is happening under APC. Under PDP, the minimum wage was increased, hence all the inflation recorded.

1 Like

Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by PMBuhariGCFR: 11:49am On Feb 17, 2019
naijapips04:

30k cha! is that note the salary you pay your BMC defenders? you want them to use their entire salary to repay your debt? I know you are a tyrant, but easy on BMC na.

Ooh. BMC. I take them as my sons. If they can play 10sure odd in 9jabet with their salary, at least they can afford one of those fancy powerbikes
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by naijapips04: 11:50am On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:

Ooh. BMC. I take them as my sons. If they can play 10sure odd in 9jabet with their salary, at least they can afford one of those fancy powerbikes

you mean the type your son bought that almost killed him?
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by Moferere: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2019
PMBuhariGCFR:

Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by Bizibi(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2019
Too late,just too late
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by PMBuhariGCFR: 11:54am On Feb 17, 2019
naijapips04:

you mean the type your son bought that almost killed him?

Imagine the hospital in Nigeria giving my son vitamin c and panadol. Alladumilah for that hospital in West Germany
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by rottennaija(m): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2019
WonderManly:
If economy is bad everything will be expensive. But when economy is good things will be cheap. In those days when PDP destroyed the economy for 16yrs.
A bag of rice was #750
A littre of petrol was #87
A dollar was #170
A bajaj motorcycle was #82,000
A 10kg bag of semovita was #1,100
A 10kg bag of wheat meal was #700
The Lagos-Abuja transport fare was #2,500
A tin of peak milk was #80

Infact those guy destroyed the economy totally. Wicked people!
Thank God for our APC messiahs that have come to revive the economy.
A bag of rice is now #16,000
A littre of petrol is now #145
A bajaj motorcycle is now #280,000
A 10kg of semovita is now #3,000
A10kg of wheat meal is now #2,800
The Lagos-Abuja transport fare is now #15,500
A tin of peak milk is now #220

The most intresting fact about this in just 2-3yrs. We have to give them 16yrs to do more.
Nigeria should be happy to have such APC. Yet some Nigerians are still wanted APC to remain power for more hardship. Hmmm, God have mercy on us. Amen!

That's because you don't actually understand national building and how an economy works. It's easy to write all these. If pdp did well in the economy, prices of goods and services would not be increasing, but would reduce or remain stable.

Throughout PDP rule, prices of goods and services kept increasing. Petrol rose from 26 to 87 naira. Cement increase from 300 to 900 to 1200. Same with other things like garri, beans, rice.

The truth is, these prices kept increasing because the economy was not doing well. We were not producing, we were not exporting, we were a consuming economy, heavily dependent on oil. The high oil prices assisted in absorbing the short. But when prices became low, it became difficult to maintain these prices.

The only the cbn could do was to keep defending the dollars daily. What that mean was that they were subsiding for the difference between the real price of dollars and the price they peg it. Just to allow prices or goods and services to remain where they were. On the other side of it, it had a bad effect because, it depleted out foreign reserves to a very low position where investors couldn't have confidence in the economy and so, they withdrew their money and left. These where happening around 2013,2014.

When PMB'l came in, foreign reserve was so low. He couldn't continue paying for the dollar subsidy. He tried but saw that it wouldn't work. So, the cbn allow the dollars to fall to where it is today. Prices of goods rose to what we see today.

1 Like

Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by rottennaija(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
On manufacturing, Nigeria had been largely a consuming and import dependent country. Our manufacturing companies fell and stopped working under PDP. ALSCON, Ceramics industries, Refineries, steel factories, Nepa, Nitel. Millions of jobs lost in the process and became import dependents. All these were under PDP.

So why would inflation not keep rising? It was solely because Nigerians inflation was on the rise and corruption was endemic that they introduced 100 naira bill, 200, 500 and 1000. These were clear signs the economy was not doing well.

In secondary schools economic, we were told that one of the measures for govt to increase its manufacturing sector is to introduce tariff on import or stop importation. The reason is, local manufacturer cannot compete with import products. So govt need sto assist them through limiting what is imported into the country or not allowing them access to forex for import.

This govt, the administration is the first real attempt at building a base rock for a better growing economy. That's why I support them. I also understood that it would be difficult for them, that a lot of people would suffer. But I see real moves in the building of a good economy for the country.
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by SanusiGworo: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
Abeg tell them
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by sunnymix: 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
Atikuobi2019 cool
I cordially invite you to scooper news...
To earn cool cash from reading news
Follow the link below
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by AtikuMeansJobs: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
Atiku is gaining momentum. What happened in Kano and what happened in Ogun State is pivotal as to what will happen in the general election.
Buhari cannot thump his chest of getting beyond 55% in Lagos State meanwhile Atiku is gaining prominence in every other state in the country.

Buhari cannot win fair and square in this contest, hence his reliance on manipulated results. Come 23RD he will be thoroughly disgraced.Tinubu was convicted in America for Coccaine related crime.PDP all the Way
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by Modphase: 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
Deluded Igbo analysis [s]
AtikuMeansJobs:
Atiku is gaining momentum. What happened in Kano and what happened in Ogun State is pivotal as to what will happen in the general election.
Buhari cannot thump his chest of getting beyond 55% in Lagos State meanwhile Atiku is gaining prominence in every other state in the country.

Buhari cannot win fair and square in this contest, hence his reliance on manipulated results. Come 23RD he will be thoroughly disgraced.Tinubu was convicted in America for Coccaine related crime.PDP all the Way
[/s]
Re: PDP Really Destroyed Nigeria Economy. by AtikuMeansJobs: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Modphase:
Deluded Igbo analysis [s][/s]
ZOMBIE,GET OUTTA MY MENTION!

(1) (Reply)

ELECTION: Results Presented By AOC In Anambra Doesn't Tally With Excel Result / β€˜Is It Because He Patronises UK Hospitals?’ β€” Group Knocks May / As Seen On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.