Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes (7299 Views)

Former NHIS Boss, Prof Usman Yusuf Calls Igbo, Yoruba And Edo People Criminals / Biafra, Oduduwa Republics Will Be Ushered In Soon Nigeria Will Break Up. / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by ProWalker: 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Amarabae:
How an ethnic group will be so obsessed with Igbos always is shocking to me.

Don’t be stupid!
Ever since Jonathan lost, you Ibos have been attacking yorubas with load of derogatory names just because you think they voted against your preferred candidate

Nigeria will not contain you Ibos and yorubas again, the earlier you start preaching that for you people to be careful in yorubaland, the better .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by dododawa1: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
jakandeola:
baby girl abeg let end dis am not happy wit dis insult I gave and d one u give to me.dat why I hate dis politics rooms it make me angry and turn to tribalist which am not. I could marry IBO but it Neva work out.one love IBO Yoruba we arecone. we chat in romance rooms dear. happy Sunday
Yoruba and peace are 5&6.
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by deomelo: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
OAUTemitayo:
How is okoro derogatory?
smh

With twitter nuisance and fraudulent clowns like omokiri, anything and everything is derogatory. This rubbish is for his ignorant ipob soldiers to consume.
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by wirinet(m): 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

You people are not getting it. Derogatory names are common across all ethnic divides. The problem is the person such words emanated from. Show me where Ekweremadu or OUK or Obi called you afonja or ofemmmanu

To me Okoro is not a derogatory name, it's a very common igbo name. Igbos generic appellations are either Okoro or Omo Igbo. My wife is always referred to Omo Igbo by neighbours who don't know her name.

Tinubu that is alleged to call Igbos Okoro had 2 Igbos in his cabinet and had many igbo people in senior positions in his party.
Peter Obi or OUK who had never been alleged to have called Yorubas Afonja or Yoruba had never had one Yoruba person in their cabinets.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by Amarabae(f): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
ProWalker:

Don’t be stupid!
Ever since Jonathan lost, you Ibos have been attacking yorubas with load of derogatory names just because you think they voted against your preferred candidate

Nigeria will not contain you Ibos and yorubas again, the earlier you start preaching that for you people to be careful in yorubaland, the better .

Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by Ojiofor: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
SanusiGworo:
Joe "Judas Iscariot" Igbokwe should hide his head in shame.

Are you sure the shameless man wasn't there when that fugitive made that silly statement?
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by ProWalker: 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Amarabae:

Foolish biatch grin
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by Emytexboy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
bkool7:

It's simply means The Okoros
thank you dear
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by LONGPREEK(m): 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
jakandeola:
am about to wed dear I date an IBO girl who turn out to be an animal and live me in pains. she took me for a fool after 2 yrs
See this fool o. You are a fool. What do u expect her to take you for na
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by kernel001: 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

Peter obi and Arthur Eze called yoruba people amala people and red oil people

Please show me any reputable newspaper or video such. As for Arthur Eze, he's just a business man, he's not Igbo leader.

Another thing, if any of them says such, it's condemnable.
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by kernel001: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
ProWalker:

But you all call them Ofe nnmanu without qualms
One Ibo baboon in vanguard once called them sophisticated slowpoke, there was jubilation among you Ibos

You Ibos are the worst crybabies in Nigeria

If you celebrate evil that's okay. It's condemnable of leaders to incite, instigate and promote bigotry, especially when the atmosphere isn't charged.
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by kernel001: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
princfred:
Behind ckosed doors tribes catch fun calling each other whatever, the problem is the little minded Fulani north that are soo barbaric that they cant handle banters but resort to violence at every whimp. The tribes can banter away and still achieve national development if not for the violence and those who take things to heart too much.

Come to think of it, If the roof are white will it be called brown? Ok they should change the roofs to yellow na.
Tinubu can throw his own shade too at igbos as long as it has shades if truth is all good if he doesnt go overboard with it..

Long time my brother, hope you're okay. Leaders are people with bridle tougues. They don't incite people with vain words, except for time of crisis. At this point, what led to such comments?
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by princfred(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
kernel001:

Long time my brother, hope you're okay. Leaders are people with bridle tougues. They don't incite people with vain words, except for time of crisis. At this point, what led to such comments?

Am cool and about and you are very right with the above assertion. But i dont think leaders are above a slip of tongue if thats what is is from Tinubu which i doubt just saying, that unlike some others, igbos are mentally, big enough to stomach shades even when condemning from high level national political heads who should know better.
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by kernel001: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
princfred:

Am cool and about and you are very right with the above assertion. But i dont think leaders are above a slip of tongue if thats what is is from Tinubu which i doubt just saying, that unlike some others, igbos are mentally, big enough to stomach shades even when condemning from high level national political heads who should know better.

You're right my brother.
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by Naijiant: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Pot Reno calling Kettle Tinubu bigot. Reno has made bigoted comments against Igbos in the past: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/reno-omokri-struggling-suppress-inner-bigot/
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by ProWalker: 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
kernel001:

If you celebrate evil that's okay. It's condemnable of leaders to incite, instigate and promote bigotry, especially when the atmosphere isn't charged.

It’s wrong at all time..if you condemn one, you shouldn’t tolerate the other.

Bigotry is always bad, but a situation whereby Ibos will be forming victim of bigotry is nothing but hypocrisy
Re: Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes by kernel001: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
ProWalker:

It’s wrong at all time..if you condemn one, you shouldn’t tolerate the other.

Bigotry is always bad, but a situation whereby Ibos will be forming victim of bigotry is nothing but hypocrisy

What's wrong is wrong, irrespective of the character.

Igbos don't play victim game, they rather attack you headlong once they perceive you as enemy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

North Central Lawmakers Endorse Yahaya Bello For President, Stand With Buni / Kano Guber: Gov Yusuf Heads To Supreme Court Over Appeal Court Verdict / Debt Weighs Down National Assembly- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.