Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video (52255 Views)

NDLEA Reacts To Shooting Incident At Okpanam, Delta State / Nigerian Man Admits To Shooting The Judge About To Send Him To Prison In US / Female Thief Caught And Disgraced In Ijebu Ode, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by invinzzzzzble5: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
see response! he just giving a node to jungle justice. of all nations, why did I find myself in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Uwem2009(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
Accidental Discharge and i heard the corking of gun. Nigeria..
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Trybes(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Terrible!!! Lord be with us
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Skoopy(m): 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
jerseyboy:
Hopeless Country run by Mallams.

Point of correction, Buhari cannot be a mallam, what does he know that he can teach others. He and his cohorts are nothing more violent herdsmen.
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Kposkila: 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Dearlord:
Chai !!!
I have traveled round many countries but understood that our executive arm of government are the worst liars in the world.

Something I witnessed with my korokoro eyes just suddenly twisted angry
Let's ve ur story pls.
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by jnoz23(m): 12:17am On Feb 18, 2019
pesty100:
another maad man has escaped. 1diot

na madness blow some pple to fame today, so thanks for the compliment wink
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Colelee: 12:33am On Feb 18, 2019
TarOrfeek:
I have said this before.

Every body In the SE SW and SS is a walking human target.

You're only alive because you have not been shot and killed yet. Don't worry, your time will come.

You cannot expect your enemy to protect you. How?
true talk... all this force personnel and officers, I have seen so many rubbish that I don't argue with them... they are so trigger happy,any small thing person don join him ancestors... they were lucky they left there alive
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Therealev: 1:27am On Feb 18, 2019
Chukwurah003:

How is it Buhari’s fault. Wasn’t Atiku a customs officer? Wasn’t he one of the people who destroyed the service. Keep your ignorance to yourself next time.

Please send me a link to when a custom officer accidentally killed an unharmed civilian during his regime. You people disgust me, you have to equate everything while sane Nigerians are looking for what's better. I wish you the same thing you wish this country.
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by kolima1067(m): 1:40am On Feb 18, 2019
seriously? Did d bastard dat composed these lies watch d video at all? it shall not be well with the person dat composed this letter. from the video, the guy cocked d gun wc was heard clearly before shooting. I hope his family will get justice or else death will locate d shooter and d composer of d letter Asap
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by dapachez: 1:49am On Feb 18, 2019
Qsscruz:
I was deeply saddened when i watched the video today..It shows the extent of our barbarism..It has eaten deep into the fabrics of this failed state..The appalling thing is that it cuts across all category of persons..From the leaders to the security agents and to the masses..Imagine a Gov telling a colossal lie about killings that never happened..Inciting one group against another..And then some persons still root for the reinforcement of this failed administration..Now these vultures have taken side already..Playing down the grave offence by the devil incarnate...Believe me, this will be swept under the carpet because the ogas got to that position by climbing on dead bodies..This is indeed a zoo..No a jungle because a zoo is organized..Honestly, the guy that killed the innocent man should have been lynched..Yes..An eye for an eye..Too bad the men at the scene were lily livered..
How does this your writeup concern the topic? You have concluded the governor lied from what source? Let's try and get facts right and not follow the bandwagon of concluding without investigation. Read this They said 66 people were killed, we contemplated it at first following some genuine narratives. We challenged the governor and called for substantiation. The governor accepted the challenge by visiting Kajuru alongside the reps of The Army, The Police and press in a bid to proving his claim.

The statement released by the Army earlier today substantiates the governors claim, the words from one of the community leaders even suggested more as far as the magnitude of the killing is concerned!

Hence we call on relevant security agencies to as a matter of expediency investigate the killings and bring the perpetrators to book while employing tight security measures on the area inflamed by the menace.

We also call on them to effect investigation on PROF CHIDI ODINKALU, NEMA boss, CAN and SOKAPU for supplying the public space with information antonymous to that which have been confirmed by the Army, Police and other relevant security today and should bring them to book if they can not substantiate their claims.

While condemning the incidence in its totality, we call on the governor and his media aids to be more accurate in disseminating information of this sensitivity. There have been discrepancies on the dates attributed to the incidence which unarguably saddles alot of implications especially as elections is near!
The reports suggested that the attack was carried out on Monday 11th February but the governor through his publicists broke the news on Friday, the eve of the supposed 2019 general elections. Of course, that particular moment was prone to inflammations owing to the easy ignitable nature of Kaduna State! We call for more professionalism!

Allah Ya jiqan duk wanda aka kashe, Allah Ya bi musu haqqin su.

May peace reign in our state Kaduna and our country Nigeria at large!

*Abdulhaleem Ishaq Ringim*
Political analyst | Activist | Advocate for Youth Development
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by melotech(m): 3:46am On Feb 18, 2019
Vote sowore to stop all this nonsense
Don't vote government that will kill you or the government that will steal your money stop saying there is no better option there is better option now is only left for Nigerian to decide
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by peachesandcream: 7:15am On Feb 18, 2019
Dearlord:
Chai !!!
I have traveled round many countries but understood that our executive arm of government are the worst liars in the world.

Something I witnessed with my korokoro eyes just suddenly twisted angry
pls what really happened?
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by kuuljay(m): 7:22am On Feb 18, 2019
I've said it that our security operatives are armed robbers in uniform.don't dare try to challenge them,they will kill you and go scot free,highest he will be dismissed and jailed I headed somebody in the video shouting I can pay your salary, those are what triggers their anger,they are poorly trained, highly currupt like every other Nigerian and do not value your life,they are given daily financial targets by their superiors that must be met else they are substituted.
Whether I commit crime or not I obey their instructions quietly, if I have the money I give them if I don't have I beg like hell.if not they will kill you and disappear

1 Like

Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by veesion: 7:59am On Feb 18, 2019
dιd тнey noт нear тнe ѕoυnd wнen тнaт ιdιoт cocĸd d rιғle
тнey now ѕayιng ιт accιdenтally dιѕcнarged
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Kingagber: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2019
We are in real shit. How do you deny what we have seen clearly?
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

PoliticsNGR has been furnished with a statement from the Nigerian Customs signed by its Public Relations Officer, Joseph Attah on a viral video showing a customs officer shooting an unarmed civilian in Ijebu-Ode.

The Statement read;

"The attention of Nigeria Customs Service has been drawn to a disturbing video going viral with conflicting narratives.While it is painful and totally unnecessary to lose life in anti-smuggling operations, today at Shagamu interchange along Ijebu Ode, attempt to obstruct lawful performance of duty by passengers of a commercial bus (a white Toyota Hiace) suspected to be carrying bales of used clothing led to the death of a young man (Godwin) and serious injury of a Customs Officer, ASC1, Destiny Onebamho.

Contrary to some narratives, the young man was not a passenger of the bus but a good citizen who always come to fetch water for Customs Patrol men anytime they return to the base.

Preliminary finding indicate that it was during the skirmishes and struggle to disarm the Officer that the rifle discharged and hit the friend of the Customs (Godwin) who lost his life. The Service is already in touch with the bereaved family.

Sadly, it should be noted that while attention shifted to the dead and the wounded, the passengers who filmed with inciting commentaries boarded their vehicle and left, leaving the wrong impression that it was one of them that was killed.

While the wounded Officer is under intensive care at the hospital, the patrol team has been recalled to the office for further investigation."

https://politicsngr.com/customs-reacts-shooting-civilian-viral-video/
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by NWgraphics(m): 8:49am On Feb 18, 2019
jerseyboy:
Hopeless Country run by Mallams.
nyamiri baban doya
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Amankalizer(m): 11:54am On Feb 18, 2019
Quick to deny. Difficult to accept
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Eroms4life17(m): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
Who ever wrote the nonsense Up there will be murdered in the same way that innocent man was murdered. See as them twist the incident
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
I cant explain how depressed i felt after watching d video... And to think dey are now twisting the story... This is why jungle justice prevail in Nigeria. Until we have a more transparent judicial/ security system... Jungle justice will remain. I feel so pained right now. The cry of that woman broke my heart.
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by Discovery4today: 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by KillTheZombies: 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2019
This is more reason why dumbohari should be sent packing. He loves blood so much and I'm sure he'll ready to promote the killer.

Anyday does not hear about the death of Nigerians he does not sleep well at night. That man is a terrorist vampire who should be kicked out at all cost.

When President Atiku comes onboard he should find that custom officer and hang him by neck in public view to serve as detterent to uniformed men that Nigerians lives are sacrosant if Atiku can't do that, we'll be kicking him out 2023.
Re: Customs Reacts To Shooting Of Civilian In Ijebu-Ode In Viral Video by yacub: 11:58am On Feb 21, 2019
I don't understand this statement!!!!...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abubakar Umar: How Kidnapper Made N120 Million From Kidnapping In 6 Months / Woman Buries Her Baby Alive In Kaduna / Camila Marodin Orders Fatal Gang Hit On Her Husband In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.