Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! (866 Views)

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / INEC Card Reader Fails To Clear Soludo (Video) / 31 Stolen Inec’s Card Readers Recovered From Rivers’ Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by miccoy(m): 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
Information is key!

I was Assistant Polling Officer(APO/VP) Voting Point during 2015 elections and i can say with all confidence and best of my knowledge that INEC card readers do not collate nor send election results to INEC database.

Election results are manually entered into the result sheets at the collation centres.

This is a counter thread to https://www.nairaland.com/5029629/pdp-rigging-machinery-exposed-twitter
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by iluvdonjazzy: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
u can LIE
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by handie(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
Olodo Op. The SCR has a transmit feature that enables the results to be transmitted to a central server in the INEC HQ
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by SarkinYarki: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
handie:
Olodo Op. The SCR has a transmit feature that enables the results to be transmitted to a central server in the INEC HQ

that enabled what result exactly? results of the election?
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by miccoy(m): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
handie:

Oga, you only upload number of accredited voters, etc and not election results.

There is no provision for election results upload on the card reader

3 Likes

Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
I have this to add.. I have someone who did multiple registration in two locations and he both PVCs for the PU.. he told me he did vote in 2 places last general elections and gonna do same this time around? if the card readers are functioning as it may.. why couldn't it detect multiple voting if it captures the data and send to INEC database...
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by handie(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
SarkinYarki:

that enabled what result exactly? results of the election?
Yes. It's a new feature that was absent in 2015..... How do I know? I attended d Ad-hoc staff training
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by handie(m): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
miccoy:

There's a provision for it.... On the User interface of The SCR, there's a space for transmission..... This is where u input result.... Before arguing, why not try to look at d 2019 adhoc staff training manual?

1 Like

Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by otokx(m): 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
emmanuelpopson:
I have this to add.. I have someone who did multiple registration in two locations and he both PVCs for the PU.. he told me he did vote in 2 places last general elections and gonna do same this time around? if the card readers are functioning as it may.. why couldn't it detect multiple voting if it captures the data and send to INEC database...

unfortunately there are limitations.
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by otokx(m): 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
handie:
There's a provision for it.... On the User interface of The SCR, there's a space for transmission..... This is where u input result.... Before arguing, why not try to look at d 2019 adhoc staff training manual?

provision for upload of accredited voters to a central server.
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
miccoy:

Number of accredited voters automatically translates to results once you match it with already thumb printed ballots that match that specific card reader.

Its a simple tech auditing.

It gives an impression that real people skimmed their cards through the card reader when it was just a preprogrammed move.

Rigging complete
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by haladadon: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
what if you do not send reports, then the APO 2 just signs that card reader malfunctioned.
everyone votes manual
Re: INEC Card Readers Do Not Collate Results! by dhuthraki: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
handie:
If true, then this calls for serious concern

(1) (Reply)

Suswam About Going To Abuja, Akume Is On His Way Back / I Once Withdrew $10m Cash Just To Look At —aliko Dangote / Buhari You Have Failed Nigeria, I Regret Supporting You" - Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.