Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> (6433 Views)

Part-time Online Marketers, Bloggers, Website Admin Wanted! No Scam! Pay On Time / Distributors Wanted!!! No Requirement Fee Needed! / Contract Estate Officers Wanted (no Experience Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Seun(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2006
The Nairaland Forum website in it's current form is designed to be managed by one full-time administrator/moderator, and for a long time that has been me. The site has done consistently well and it now achieves a level of traffic that slightly exceeds my original (conservative) target. So I think the time has come for me to move into new projects that will also grow to become as succesful as Nairaland. Such as Naijarita News.

I want to offer a full-time position to a someone who has what it takes to be the administrator of this forum:
- Your work will start at 8am in the morning and end at 5pm on Weekdays and 2pm on Saturday.
- You will be paid based on your proven ability and at a competitive rate. You will be paid well.
- You will be expected to edit or delete anyl posts that do not conform to our standard - correcting spelling, grammar and formatting errors, correcting bad titles, responding to innapripriate posts, providing support by email to members who need help, moving threads to their correct locations, cautioning members that are being disruptive, dishonest or aggressive, etc.
- You will not be expected to participate in the forum while you are on duty. You will be expected to always work in the background.
- From time to time you will be assigned extra tasks which will be given priority over your daily duties and which you are expected to work on while you're on duty.
- You will not have to worry about electricity supply or Internet access during your tenure as administrator
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Other details will be communicated later; feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Seun.

Email me at
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by damygurl(f): 11:28pm On Jan 12, 2006
just got one question. you said u gon pay the person well, since some peeps are abroad how u gon do that?
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by ghettochyk(f): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2006
are about to quit or something? [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2006
damygurl:
It will be hard to employ someone living abroad and pay the person satisfactorily since the cost of living over there is much higher. So I think I would very much prefer someone in Nigeria. Someone abroad can be paid by bank transfer, but the money would seem small to him/her.

ghettochyk:
No, I'm not quitting but I want to focus on two new sites I am launching soon. It is hard for me to be creative after spending hours improving other people's posts. So I need to have someone 100% dedicated to making this site greater.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by c0dec(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2006
yo Seun, i think it's going to be hard to find anyone to replace you. everybody has their own perfect idea of what nairaland should be and i believe it definitely conflicts with yours. you better stay put, man.

even if someone takes over, you'll definitely still  be involved (checking around to see if the new guy deserves his pay).

maybe you should program bots or something

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by damygurl(f): 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2006
i agree with codec u sorta got diz umm donknow d word view of stuff which most peeps don't share.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by elbaron(m): 12:00am On Jan 13, 2006
Seun, you've done a good job and everybody who works this hard deserves a break. However, I suggest that when you do get a replacement, you keep him as an assistant for say 3 months, kind of grrom him. I am not a prophet of doom, however, if you do not take the neccessary precautionary measures this move could see your entire efforts fall apart. Some of us are in too deep on this site that it will be a shame to see that happen. Just my 2 cents. Take it easy now.

1 Like

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by kenflavor(m): 12:06am On Jan 13, 2006
Will the person be operating from his own personal house or your own personal designated place?
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by hotangel2(f): 12:29am On Jan 13, 2006
Even if seun hires somebody, i don't think the person will do what seun wants the person to do.

1 Like

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Seun(m): 12:34am On Jan 13, 2006
kenflavour: Will the person be operating from his own personal house or your own personal designated place?

Either option is fine by me. An administrator working from home will be able to work at night sometimes if necessary, and such a person won't have to relocate to my sleepy town.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by seeni4ever(m): 12:38am On Jan 13, 2006
this is not making sence. what do you mean by looking for administrator. this is not a company or organisation that needs everyday updates like nigeriaworld.com, this is a forum website that can be created and manage automatically without nobody looking over it. if you will like to transfer the domain name to someone else that is another issue 'cos i found out that this domain will expire in 03/08, so if you can renew it and then transfer that will be ok. and if you can renew it i can pay you $200 to transfer the domain to me or i can wait and back order it from godaddy.com.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by damygurl(f): 12:40am On Jan 13, 2006
huh? i seriouzly didn't get dat
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by WesleyanA(f): 12:41am On Jan 13, 2006
Seun, i think you should hire someone you really are close with or really trust. Because i know even without experience that this job of yours is really tough  undecided. .

GreatPeter would have been an excellent candidate or Vexxy but they both have other jobs and don't come here frequently as they used to.

It's a nice idea though . . that your other project - the naijarita one. cool stuff.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by debanjee(m): 12:56am On Jan 13, 2006
@ Seeni4ever - That is what is called opata or op. Whats the duration of his licence got to do with it and why would you have any biz with that.

Seun obviously puts in a lot of hours on this site and a times i wonder how he does it . i think what people are expressing here is a concern for how the site might change should Seun step aside.

Seun needs to do what he has to do and can't moderate this site 24/7 for the rest of his life. Someone on another thread broached the issue of paid membership or some other way of rewarding Seun. With whats been expressed here i believe the site means a lot to quite a number of people.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by WesleyanA(f): 1:03am On Jan 13, 2006
this is just a forum it doesnt require much time.

well, not if you have over 11,000 members and about 15 times of that in the numbers of posts.
that definitely requires regulation and time.

1 Like

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by yummy(m): 1:08am On Jan 13, 2006
i don't think you really need to hand it over to anyone. most people on this website are from 16-year old up-wards. so why should you look after us to the extent of not moving on? I almost mailed you when i noticed you've filtered all the fun words / slangs which makes the whole thing a bit dry like we're in an office where we must sound totally official.

My advice to you is to take it easy and put less concentration on the forum for about two weeks and see what happens and then you'll be sure it's gona be aight without much stress.

Just my opinion!
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Seun(m): 1:52am On Jan 13, 2006
I am waiting for the job applications to start rolling in. My email address is , though it's unlikely that someone who can't figure that out will be able to run this forum.

I'm not going to be leaving the forum. I'm may even become more active on the forum - but as a contributor and not as a moderator or admin. Instead of that I will spend my time composing articles for the new blog and promoting it with all my might.

One advantage of this job is that you'll learn a lot about what it takes to run a successful website, not just forum. The admin will be a moderator and 'customer support person' and it will be a lot of fun.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by goodguy(m): 2:03am On Jan 13, 2006
I'm interested. cool
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Seun(m): 2:12am On Jan 13, 2006
Ok, goodguy, what are you skills, educational qualification, goals, ambitions? Where are you now and how do you get electricity and Internet access?
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by goodguy(m): 2:14am On Jan 13, 2006
I'm interested means I'd love to, but I haven't thought about it deeply. I'll let you know when I make up my mind.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by nicetohave(m): 3:17am On Jan 13, 2006
goodclown cheesy grin cool

1 Like

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by omogenikky(f): 3:44am On Jan 13, 2006
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
hmmmmm......i wonder who the minorities are........
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by nicetohave(m): 3:47am On Jan 13, 2006
i guess he meant to say minors Seun says, "noI mean minorities like whites or gay people".
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 13, 2006
and how much an hour are they getting payed for doing this?
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by nicetohave(m): 3:50am On Jan 13, 2006
send in your application and resume KC, id make sure you get a good recommendation, and fringe benefits wink cheesy cool
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by larger20(m): 3:51am On Jan 13, 2006
Seun dont listen to anyone trying to discourage u that this job will fall if u leave it. rather i do advise u find someone who is closer to ur home. If possible a university student studying computer science in nigeria might do his or her NYSC with u if u pay well. At the same time, u teach the person all he needs to know.

Also I do advise u talk to nigerian television for possible advertisment on their stations to improve the number of nairaland users. I am sure they might even do it for free cos u have got something going here..

If they ask u to pay, beg people in this room for advertisment money. I do be the person to pay via paypal if u have an account..it is just some sugggestion good luck

larger_20

1 Like

Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 13, 2006
no thanks i just got a job , and my mom would take away my computer if i was staying on the net for that long.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by nicetohave(m): 3:58am On Jan 13, 2006
larger_20:

Seun don't listen to anyone trying to discourage u that this job will fall if u leave it. rather i do advise u find someone who is closer to your home. If possible a university student studying computer science in nigeria might do his or her NYSC with u if u pay well. At the same time, u teach the person all he needs to know.

Also I do advise u talk to nigerian television for possible advertisment on their stations to improve the number of nairaland users. I am sure they might even do it for free because u have got something going here..

If they ask u to pay, beg people in this room for advertisment money. I do be the person to pay via paypal if u have an account..it is just some sugggestion good luck

larger_20

I agree with larger, NL will outlive us all..............search carefully seun, you will get an excellent candidate for the job.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by Scorpio(f): 5:07am On Jan 13, 2006
I only have one question here, you said ''women n minorities'' i'm a lil confused, could ya explain pls?
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by mikebuddy(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2006
Seun,
Can students apply for the job? Again is it only one person that you need for the job?.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by gbengaijot(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2006
Seun, I am very much interested.
Re: Full Time Nairaland Forum Administrator/Moderator Wanted <no more> by olyman: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2006
@Seun
U've actually done a good job. I admire your prowess especially in promoting the site. A lot of stuffs i search at google always bring up NL in its results. Thumbs up!
I still think you're d best person to manage NL. I don't think its ripe enough to hand over to someone else. I'll suggest u heed to c0dec's advise by using bots of special programs for automatic updates and filters. That'll lessen the time u spend  on NL.

@omogenniky N scopio

Its minors not minorities. Una don kill me wit laughter. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Customs Service : I Just Received Invitation For Examination/interview / Npower: If You Have Not Been Paid At Camp Please Contact NASIMS / Recruitment In A Leading Oil And Gas Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.