Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help (22559 Views)

Unilorin Bsc. Certificate Misplaced, Please Help! / Reps Pass Bill To Scrab Hnd-bsc Certificate – See Why / Help: University Of Ibadan Bsc Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Chazzyboy: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2019
Shibaraba:
Sorry oooo
Chai.

I never take eye see my certificate since I graduate..
Wetin I wan use am do?
Maybe make I go collect am sef frame and come hang am for my living room
how u take go nysc
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by stanliwise(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2019
lazinny:
that's a strong statement you made "Any institution that offers you certificate twice is sh*t" I mean, universities have records , it's even better in today's digital age. If the records to back it up exists, what's the big deal in issuing another certificate Englighten me
Two same Original documents in circulation has caused so many trouble. Do you know the pratical implication?
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Ishilove: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2019
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Ishilove: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2019
myboy2111:
Does UNILAG gives certificate immediately after graduation?
Nope. At least two years after graduation
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by koyeni(m): 11:16am On Feb 18, 2019
Go to ur school and complain
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by lazinny(m): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2019
aywhy93:

In today's digital age, like you said... It should be easier to replace certificate and all that. I must say, in most universities in UK and some other western countries, you can now get one replacement for stolen/lost certificate even though you'll have to present so many different docs and they'll verify the present status of the lost certificate issued and so many protocols involved. Don't forget how competent and high their record keeping is, digitally.

In Nigeria, where students' results get missing and they'll have to write another exam just because the previous exam record disappeared on the database. Do you think issuing certificate twice will make sense and work its purpose..? And don't forget Only one true certificate of its type must be in circulation at every and any point in time. So in present day Nigeria, Certificates are only issued once. If you lost your certificate, there are many ways your institution can help you but not by issuing you another one.
I see the sense in it now, especially the bolded. Thanks for the clarification cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by lazinny(m): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2019
stanliwise:
Two same Original documents in circulation has caused so many trouble. Do you know the pratical implication?
you have a point. I didn't see it from that angle. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by madgoat(m): 11:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Eyeness:
Good morning all,I am a medical graduate who is about to go for NYSC but three months prior to that in december, i collected my Bsc certificate and kept it in the bottom cupboard in my bedroom and after the new year, i travelled to benin for personal issues. Now NYSC batch A mobilisation is up and my certificate is missing. I have combed the house twice, the only thing that happened significance is that on my dads birthday, a party was thrown and some people came to my room, to put their children to sleep. This is because the door is bad.

I have combed the entire house twice and still cant find it. I asked people in the party and called tgem. No one knows anything. I am at my wits end and dont know what to do. My family members said they havent seen it. All i have is a photocopy. Please help me.

grin grin grin start selling pepper in the market. Thats the job best for you. grin
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by petroldollar: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2019
Eyeness:
Good morning all,I am a medical graduate who is about to go for NYSC but three months prior to that in december, i collected my Bsc certificate and kept it in the bottom cupboard in my bedroom and after the new year, i travelled to benin for personal issues. Now NYSC batch A mobilisation is up and my certificate is missing. I have combed the house twice, the only thing that happened significance is that on my dads birthday, a party was thrown and some people came to my room, to put their children to sleep. This is because the door is bad.

I have combed the entire house twice and still cant find it. I asked people in the party and called tgem. No one knows anything. I am at my wits end and dont know what to do. My family members said they havent seen it. All i have is a photocopy. Please help me.

That is sad. u will need a police report and a court affidavit. Are u based in Lagos?
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Hahjascho(m): 11:46am On Feb 18, 2019
Tofax:

I don't seems to understand why God gave us brain and IQ. Everything about Nigeria is fast and pray. When the children of Israel was to depart Egypt they journey through it. Assume its in Nigeria we'll have waited, fast and pray to God to catapult us straight to Israel.
The reason God seems far from Nigeria is these:
Matthew 15:8 -
"These people (Nigerians) draw near unto me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."
You really don't need to stress out the word "FAST AND PRAY" ....the comment he gave was however complete ....and he didn't only give fasting and prayer as the only suggestion but also emphasized follow up....

That you have not seen it work does not mean it ain't working for other people
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2019
aywhy93:
Any institution that offers you certificate twice is sh*t. This type of Certificates are only issued once..!

What I do is i scan ALL my important documents and certificates as soon as I obtain them and upload in my mail and cloud storage. It's very important !!! and you'll only know the importance when things like this happen.

Stop being ignorant. The University of Manchester, among the top 40 schools world wide replaces certificates if lost.

2 Likes

Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by mechanics(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
Schools don't give certificate twice, you should have taken the certificate along with you when you travelled.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by BrokenCock: 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
Eyeness:

get affidavits, go to ur sch n let dem print another. If dem no gree, go cyber cafe n design another but let ur serial nos correspond, if u dont hv a scanned copy saved somewhere then u are doomed! START SCHOOL AFRESH!!!
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by BrokenCock: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
DanXplore:

Stop being ignorant. The University of Manchester, among the top 40 schools world wide replaces certificates if lost.
Gbam!its a very simple thing but this useless country will just want to suffer person,imagine me working in such office. I will kindly help the guy off records but if e cast I will deny him, thats my condition.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by bumzylongs: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
Eyeness:

WhatsApp me: 08035916659... I will do a replica for u....A trial will convince u
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by bumzylongs: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
U don't need to go to school to complain.... WhatsApp me:08035916659....I will do another one for and it will be exactly lyk the original.... A Trial will convince u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by dominion001(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
Eyeness:
Thank you. My school is unilag. I was told they dont issue certificate twice in unilag
u were told or u have tried? Why listen to pple when you can easily go and try.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Analysiscorner: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Reprinting a new one may save you, especially when some firms won't hire you with a mere confirmation from your school.
If you have faith do it.
Please don't mix printing a new one with police report and court affidavit.. If you opt for printing a new one then, forget police report and court affidavit.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
contact me or better still give me your WhatsApp N0 08060303280
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by denitro(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
Get a police report, take the copy to Unilag and request a certified copy.
After going through all the hurdles, They will stamp the copy, thereby attesting that it is a true copy of the original document.

The University provides you with one original degree certificate upon graduation. Duplicate originals are not permitted but you can obtain certified copies or order a True Copy. You can obtain ONE true copy of your degree certificate.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by ghettochild4u(m): 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
When I hear no school issues certificate twice... I wonder if the paper was made in heaven n can only be given to graduates once...
Nonsense talk!!
So if na vc or senate dem pikin certificate lost.. Dem no go issue....
All of u should gerrarahere esp those fast n pray idiots....
My Guy do d needful... Get d police report n court affidavit n go to ur school
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by erenax: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
bumzylongs:
U don't need to go to school to complain.... WhatsApp me:08035916659....I will do another one for and it will be exactly lyk the original.... A Trial will convince u

Police is coming for you for forgery..
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by bumzylongs: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2019
erenax:

Police is coming for you for forgery..
I dey wait 4 dem...even ur president forge waec result
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by aywhy93(m): 5:01am On Feb 19, 2019
DanXplore:

And the OP that lost his certificate graduated from The University of Manchester, Right..? undecided

Here is my explanation to someone's question, even before you dropped your comment.

aywhy93:

In today's digital age, like you said... It should be easier to replace certificate and all that. I must say, in most universities in UK and some other western countries, you can now get one replacement for stolen/lost certificate even though you'll have to present so many different docs and they'll verify the present status of the lost certificate issued and so many protocols involved. Don't forget how competent and high their record keeping is, digitally.

In Nigeria, where students' results get missing and they'll have to write another exam just because the previous exam record disappeared on the database. Do you think issuing certificate twice will make sense and work its purpose..? And don't forget Only one true certificate of its type must be in circulation at every and any point in time. So in present day Nigeria, Certificates are only issued once. If you lost your certificate, there are many ways your institution can help you but not by issuing you another one.

So who's more ignorant Man..?
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by aywhy93(m): 5:05am On Feb 19, 2019
lazinny:
I see the sense in it now, especially the bolded. Thanks for the clarification cheesy

Welcome Brother cool
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 19, 2019
aywhy93:

And the OP that lost his certificate graduated from The University of Manchester, Right..? undecided

Here is my explanation to someone's question, even before you dropped your comment.

So who's more ignorant Man..?

Another asinine response. My question was not in response to what the OP said. It was to yours, where you mentioned that any school that issues any certificate replacement is sh*t.

By that logic, since the Univerisity of Manchester issues replacement, then it is sh*t.

The Univerisity Manchester issues replacement, but it is not sh*t as evidenced in it being among the top schools in UK.

Your premise is predicated upon a flawed assumption and hence your conclusion is not true.

Always look before you leap.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by aywhy93(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2019
DanXplore:

Another asinine response. My question was not in response to what the OP said. It was to yours, where you mentioned that any school that issues any certificate replacement is sh*t.

By that logic, since the Univerisity of Manchester issues replacement, then it is sh*t.

The Univerisity Manchester issues replacement, but it is not sh*t as evidenced in it being among the top schools in UK.

Your premise is predicated upon a flawed assumption and hence your conclusion is not true.

Always look before you leap.

If you had taken your own advice... You won't need to quote me again because It is clearly evident in my first post that I'm talking about Nigerian Universities which is applicable to the OP's Uni... The OP didn't school in UK, did he..?

Your logic is illogical. I even quoted my response to the other guy, where I explained to him that most UK universities offer one replacement for lost/stolen certificates and I stated clearly there that this isn't applicable to Nigeria Unis at the moment with reasons (all before you even dropped your aimless response) and you still read all that and can't comprehend... You need to do more listening n comprehending instead of your less comprehension and more talking. Peace!!!
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2019
aywhy93:

If you had taken your own advice... You won't need to quote me again because It is clearly evident in my first post that I'm talking about Nigerian Universities which is applicable to the OP's Uni... The OP didn't school in UK, did he..?

Your logic is illogical. I even quoted my response to the other guy, where I explained to him that most UK universities offer one replacement for lost/stolen certificates and I stated clearly there that this isn't applicable to Nigeria Unis at the moment with reasons (all before you even dropped your aimless response) and you still read all that and can't comprehend... You need to do more listening n comprehending instead of your less comprehension and more talking. Peace!!!

aywhy93:
Any institution that offers you certificate twice is sh*t. This type of Certificates are only issued once..!

I will continue to reply you until you realise how silly your logic is.

You said any institution, not restricting it to universities now, which implies that be it a health or medical institution, so far it replaces a certificate, it is sh*t. This in my opinion is spurious and very silly.

Yes, your preceding comments mentioned something about foreign universities issuing replacement or so but that only contradicts your first comment. You probably made those comments after you realised you where hasty in your generalisation.

I still think it was silly of you nevertheless.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by aywhy93(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2019
DanXplore:

I will continue to reply you until you realise how silly your logic is.

You said any institution, not restricting it to universities now, which implies that be it a health or medical institution, so far it replaces a certificate, it is sh*t. This in my opinion is spurious and very silly.

Yes, your preceding comments mentioned something about foreign universities issuing replacement or so but that only contradicts your first comment. You probably made those comments after you realised you where hasty in your generalisation.

I still think it was silly of you nevertheless.

In the post you quoted,

A sensible human will understand that the statement is based on the point of discussion and emphasis which is Op's university (Unilag) or maybe Nigerian Universities as a whole, especially a sensible human who has seen my other response to the other guy. The bolded, this type of certificate, also shows that my first sentence in that quote is referring to the type of certificate in question, which is a Bsc certificate.

The part where you sounded really dumbb is when you mentioned health/medical. Have you seen an official death certificate in a standard hospital issued twice.? well, maybe in the unregistered hospitals around you. People like you would probably have 2 birth certificates, I know its a norm in Nigeria to reduce age when you look for job and the likes but does that make it right.?

I understand fully well why you're the only one who has issue with my first comment. There are books for Dummy and books for Advanced learner, even on the same topic. Why? Some people think very fast and accumulate better but some people don't. It's not my fault you're a dummy or everything sounds silly to you. A simple logic or explanation will always look silly to a silly person... So no matter how much I make it clear, the silly you will view it in a silly way, so like I always do to people like you, I'll just watch you drown in your phantom pool of knowledge. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
aywhy93:

In the post you quoted,

A sensible human will understand that the statement is based on the point of discussion and emphasis which is Op's university (Unilag) or maybe Nigerian Universities as a whole, especially a sensible human who has seen my other response to the other guy. The bolded, this type of certificate, also shows that my first sentence in that quote is referring to the type of certificate in question, which is a Bsc certificate.

The part where you sounded really dumbb is when you mentioned health/medical. Have you seen an official death certificate in a standard hospital issued twice.? well, maybe in the unregistered hospitals around you. People like you would probably have 2 birth certificates, I know its a norm in Nigeria to reduce age when you look for job and the likes but does that make it right.?

I understand fully well why you're the only one who has issue with my first comment. There are books for Dummy and books for Advanced learner, even on the same topic. Why? Some people think very fast and accumulate better but some people don't. It's not my fault you're a dummy or everything sounds silly to you. A simple logic or explanation will always look silly to a silly person... So no matter how much I make it clear, the silly you will view it in a silly way, so like I always do to people like you, I'll just watch you drown in your phantom pool of knowledge. tongue tongue tongue

Beautiful garbage.
A sensible human does not give room for assumptions because such a person is well aware of the cost. You are still very stubborn to see your error and I will keep nailing it to you until you miraculously see it.

You said 'any institution', without the adjective 'educational'. Except you do not consider health or religious bodies as institutions, then you might want to re-visit your basic social studies. This incomplete qualification of institution is what I consider the dumbest of your comments.

Secondly, you brought a very st*pid analogy of death certificates. You forgot that the bearers of the death certificates are usually the bereaved and not the dead. In the event that the certificate is lost and for some reasons, maybe some legal reasons a new one is needed, only a dumb institution will issue another by your own logic.

But notwithstanding, the only way your subsequent comments might sound sane is if you edit out your first comment. This will compel the coherence of the rest of your comments.

Finally, please don't bring up any more f**lish essays to support your spurious logic. Do the needful by first of all apologising to everyone for your errors then crop out your very first comment.
Re: Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help by aywhy93(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2019
DanXplore:

Beautiful garbage.

I did not bother to read all that... Cuz you already titled it BEAUTIFUL GARBAGE. Use a better title maybe I'll read it... Dummy tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Experience / Abubakar Umar Awarded Scholarship In Cyprus After Graduating With First Class / Daughter’s Expulsion: Niran Malaolu Battles Trinity International College Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.