Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch (19526 Views)

Cattle Traders Chase Police, Enugu Officials With AK- 47 - Punch / 2,000 Pvcs Seized From Expatriates In Lagos / Three INEC Staff In Prison For Collecting N179.8m Bribe From Diezani (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Nbote(m): 7:22am On Feb 18, 2019
I thought INEC claimed uncollected PVCs can't b used in d elections? Why didn't dey jus go ahead and destroy d uncollected ones before d elections
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by netflicks(m): 7:22am On Feb 18, 2019
Tomjazzy2:
This explains why I couldn't find my PVC, having so registered over a year ago

Ur PVC dey abia state go check am... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 18, 2019
vecman22:
Awon okoro's and crimes...

Awon okoro's will always fail..

Awon okoro's will always wail..

Awon okoro's will always cry...

Awon okoro's will always lose..

grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You be agbaya
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Hector09(m): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2019
Tell me how d country we move forward when every one is corrupt and selfish

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by johnaruson(m): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2019
No pictures no stories, all this is a lie
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by kasheemawo(m): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2019
Okoros wanted to rig Atiku in
God pass una

3 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by maasoap(m): 7:24am On Feb 18, 2019
Bossontop:
Ayam telling you......na God really save us to open awa eyes to the plan of massive rigging...... No wonder inec oga and his own oga made d process of collecting PVCs very difficult for pipu

Abia state, hope your eyes no dey pain u? What was difficult in collecting PVCs? Those who wanted to vote already have their PVCs with them for weeks, months and years

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Hallenjay: 7:27am On Feb 18, 2019
Nbote:
I thought INEC claimed uncollected PVCs can't b used in d elections? Why didn't dey jus go ahead and destroy d uncollected ones before d elections
haba election has not stoppped na...de can come for it next year
More over i see no crime here ds police r just trying to justify nothing..they were inec official d duo and returning uncollected pvc to there headquarters..whats crime here..many of us can't read only caption and many people jump to. Conclusion.
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Eroms4life17(m): 7:29am On Feb 18, 2019
You will be amazed how politicians will come out and deny this woman flat now that she has been caught. There are very many other INEC staff doing worse than what this woman attempted.
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by ninofreesty(m): 7:31am On Feb 18, 2019
Just watch PDP and APC go start to accuse theirself say them send the woman o...
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Ayajmaster01: 7:32am On Feb 18, 2019
Haha, this one loud o. Does it mean this Mahmood guy helped us by postponing this election or what am i seeing? With all this PVC in one local government, how will the opponent be able to pay all this debt if they uses all this PVC to vote? And mind you the company that configured the card reader for inec was owned by an aspirant in this so called election. So if the PVC is not even genuine, don't you think the card reader will read this PVC even more faster than original ones?
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by TopHand: 7:32am On Feb 18, 2019
What the country wants to know is which party is she working for? PDP? APC? I suspect PDP this is a golden gift to APC its PR unit should run this story full front page, full coverage on every media outlet, every media form digital, physical, what am I even saying? I will do a PDP shout! and go to the UN, US EU AU and expose the rigger to the world

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by bluefilm: 7:33am On Feb 18, 2019
These people can never change.

Criminality upon criminality.

Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Racoon(m): 7:33am On Feb 18, 2019
shocked
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Mrjo(m): 7:34am On Feb 18, 2019
netflicks:
I believed by now they must have released her coz she is actually working for the oga at the top so weather the police like it or not they can't stop the rigging.... grin
my brother for me I think the case is settled she said she was returning uncollected pvc and oga said they were not notify

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by jeff1607(m): 7:43am On Feb 18, 2019
anytime such people are caught,the police never exposes who they intend rigging the election for ,why?
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by baysol: 7:43am On Feb 18, 2019
phyllosilicate:

Abia police arrest three INEC officials with 10,000 PVCs

NEWS
Published February 18, 2019
Ogbonnaya Ikokwu, Umuahia

POLICE operatives in Abia State have arrested three officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission for allegedly being in possession of over 10,000 Permanent Voter Cards.

It was gathered that one of the suspects, simply identified as Stella, was arrested at a checkpoint at INEC head office in Umuahia, the state capital.

Stella was said to have stuffed the PVCs in the booth of her Honda Accord saloon car with Registration No.AKD 953 FN.

It was gathered that the suspect was arrested while trying to move the PVCs illegally to a location where they were to be used to rig elections in favour of some politicians in the last Saturday’s postponed presidential and National Assembly elections.

The Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Prof. Joseph Iroh, confirmed that the suspects were employees of INEC.

He said they were on an official assignment in Ikwuano Local Government Area before they were arrested.

Iroh added that the INEC office in the state was not contacted to properly clear them before they were taken to the police station to make statement.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Geoffrey Ogbonna, also confirmed that the suspects were arrested by the police.

He said one of the suspects claimed that she was reportedly returning the uncollected PVCs to the INEC head office before she was arrested by the police.

Copyright PUNCH.

https://punchng.com/abia-police-arrest-three-inec-officials-with-10000-pvcs/
The flat headed monsters who will not let everybody rest are at their game again, Crime and more crime.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2019
PDP and rigging are genetically intertwined. Imagine

2 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Oluwo1: 7:47am On Feb 18, 2019
Bossontop:

Ayam telling you......na God really save us to open awa eyes to the plan of massive rigging...... No wonder inec oga and his own oga made d process of collecting PVCs very difficult for pipu
Really? You dont think the postponement is an Avenue for them to thumbprint ballot papers before election day? If they arrest 1 person with 10k pvcs, do you know how many Pvc's that is circulating in the remaining 35 states ? I just think they postponed the election to be able to perfect their rigging

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Ayoefa: 7:51am On Feb 18, 2019
PDP rigging machine has to be dismantled one way or the other. PDP and APGA are conniving to rig the election in favor of their son in the SE.
NOT GOING TO WORK.

WE are on to the NEXT LEVEL

2 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 18, 2019
Tomjazzy2:
This explains why I couldn't find my PVC, having so registered over a year ago

Go back there and collect your PVC.

INEC should know that it is not ethically right for INEC unofficial vehicles to be used in carrying sensitive materials.

Kudos to Police. Keep catching them.

This is how they disenfranchised Igbos from voting.
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by omatech: 8:04am On Feb 18, 2019
cool
Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by omatech: 8:04am On Feb 18, 2019
embarassed

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by omatech: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2019
grin

Re: Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch by michoim(m): 8:06am On Feb 18, 2019
PDP and its crookedness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Makinde Withdrawal Of Support From PDP A Win For Tinubu? / 2023 Presidency: Northern Leaders Optimistic Kwankwaso Will Step Down For Atiku / Habeeb Bama Captured Mastermind Of UN Building Bombing Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.