Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,625 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook (2867 Views)

Gandollar: Maryam Shetty's Social Media Post About Ganduje (Throwback Photo) / Speakership: Yoruba Group Endorses Nwajiuba Ahead Of Gbajabiamila / Yoruba Group Backs Agbaje, Kicks Against Tinubu’s Dominance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Modphase: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2019
Just say your wretched tribe is suffering because you are not allowed access to the federal coffers. I made my first 20 million under this same Buhari and three of my friend who could only manage teaching job under Ebele now work with banks n looking to consolidate with 300K paying job.
dedollarman:
All Nigerian's are suffering under this ur osibanjo
Government
Under 4 years of ur osibanjo
Fuel that we all are enjoying from 97 naira to 87 naira is now 145 naira

Dollar from 190 to 365

Rice from 8000 to 18,000

Car Golf wagon 600 000 to 1 ,300,000

Etc
The government has no direction or even any economic blue print because majority of the
Ministers are politician

Government full with lies and propaganda
And u still want us CONTINUE BECAUSE OF OSIBANJO MY BROTHER
What guarantee do u have that after all this sacrifice buhari will hand over power to him

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
Modphase:
What is there to be jealous from a tribe filled with fools n bigots.
No wonder tonnes of destitute struggle to make it into Yoruba land to save this wretched plagued souls.
The they do that by Azikwe imposing a foolish Igbo as the VC of UI ? Tell me a bigger bigot than your fathers in Nigeria ?

. The same card your father in the person of Azikwe Ojukwu n all others have been playing long before election.

Fools will always brag even when they will be beaten blue black every step of the way.
Lol. Who is being beaten black and blue? cheesy. I'm afraid that will be you.

The tribal card remains the last card and it has always been a card of clear desperation. Even PDP hasn't used that card.

Fact is, it is really bad for you APC guys right now. You had all the chance in the world and you blew it.

5 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by yuvisan: 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
It is becoming obvious day by day that Igbo people

are the least politically astute if not naive. The South South threw

a bait at you and you swallowed it line, hook and sinker.

Probably because Igbos depend on their businesses for economic survival

and not on Govt money. Their very poor political calculation is simply amazing.

Meanwhile,let the name of Nnamdi Kanu be erased from Igboland.

Kanu is the ANTITHESIS

OF RT, HON. NNAMDI AZIKIWE, THE FATHER AND DEFENDER OF NIGERIAN UNITY.
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
Modphase:
Just say your wretched tribe is suffering because you are not allowed access to the federal coffers. I made my first 20 million under this same Buhari and three of my friend who could only manage teaching job under Ebele now work with banks n looking to consolidate with 300K paying job.
That things are good for you doesnt mean it's good for others across board. Say I had $1000 which was roughly equal to N216,000. Now that same amount is equal to N360,000.

Should I now thank Buhari for this? Wasn't there a corresponding rise in cost?

Saying that you now have N20m is worthless to the man in the street impoverished by Buhari's dumb Economic policies.

2 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by ejimatic: 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
Naajjii:

Is Igbo the only tribe in Nigeria that has not ruled since the return to democracy? We have about 400 tribes in Nigeria. Why are you trying to force things, you have to earn the trust of other Nigerians to get elected not by saying 2023 it must be Igbo presidency.
I have had a lot of reactions to what I posted about the need for south west to join hands together to vote APC.Some ignorant some cynical Some myopic some aberrant and some from furious. and frustrated online political gangsters and hooligans who are educated fools and illiterates who lack mannerism in the way the respond to matters online. I have earlier decided to reserve my comment on the copied write up till after the presidential election.However I deem it fit to make some clarifications. with high sense of constructivism.First the write up is not an attack on any tribe but to awaken the south west to the need to harness their efforts together. Anybody can do so if you think is necessary without apology to anybody..You are entitled to your opinion anytime..Second If south west is working together to ensure their son is VP whose business is that? Hausa's Igbo's and Yourubas can decide on what they want.That is politics. Youruba may want presidency in 2023 Igbo's may not need it.Whose business is that? Since 1999 Yoruba ruled for 8 years of two terms Hausa will have their second term now from 2019 to 2023 .Igbos may not want it .It is their choice .whose business? The essence of the write up is for Yourubas to work together in the interest of the southwest and for the future. Every other region can decide what they want.Nigeria has more than 450 tribes but with different interests. Yorubas should work together for the interest of the region and unity of the country. Finally I advise political gangsters online to respond to write up with maturity not abusing people for it will never make or mar the reelection of PBM on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Modphase: 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
Foolish people always reasoning like idiots what about the 3 friends that cold only get teaching job under Jonathan Ebele but now work in banks with beta pay and are even seeking 300K paying jobs.

NothingDoMe:
That things are good for you doesnt mean it's good for others across board. Say I had $1000 which was roughly equal to N216,000. Now that same amount is equal to N360,000.

Should I now thank Buhari for this? Wasn't there a corresponding rise in cost?

Saying that you now have N20m is worthless to the man in the street impoverished by Buhari's dumb Economic policies.

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by MajesticIgbo(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2019
Modphase:
Why not go do what Obasanjo did to earn it instead of wailing foolishly on NL

He should go and get shot in the butt while, running away from the battlefront, looool?

2 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Iamgrey5(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2019
zurich1010:

Yorubas are naturally tribalistic. They were the ones that brought tribalism into Nigerian politics when they chased Azikiwe from SW and you see it today in 3D. Yoruba leaders are the only people calling for their people to vote on tribal sentiments.
and ohanze or whatever they call themselves are doing otherwise, right ?
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:
I have had a lot of reactions to what I posted about the need for south west to join hands together to vote APC.Some ignorant some cynical Some myopic some aberrant and some from furious. and frustrated online political gangsters and hooligans who are educated fools and illiterates who lack mannerism in the way the respond to matters online. I have earlier decided to reserve my comment on the copied write up till after the presidential election.However I deem it fit to make some clarifications. with high sense of constructivism.First the write up is not an attack on any tribe but to awaken the south west to the need to harness their efforts together. Anybody can do so if you think is necessary without apology to anybody..You are entitled to your opinion anytime..Second If south west is working together to ensure their son is VP whose business is that? Hausa's Igbo's and Yourubas can decide on what they want.That is politics. Youruba may want presidency in 2023 Igbo's may not need it.Whose business is that? Since 1999 Yoruba ruled for 8 years of two terms Hausa will have their second term now from 2019 to 2023 .Igbos may not want it .It is their choice .whose business? The essence of the write up is for Yourubas to work together in the interest of the southwest and for the future. Every other region can decide what they want.Nigeria has more than 450 tribes but with different interests. Yorubas should work together for the interest of the region and unity of the country. Finally I advise political gangsters online to respond to write up with maturity not abusing people for it will never make or mar the reelection of PBM on Saturday.
I would gladly support Osinbajo. Many other non yorubas would. The problem most Yoruba's and Non-Yorubas have is BUHARI. You can't sell that ticket and that's a fact.

What I and others said is the 2023 Yoruba presidency is not set on stone. There's no agreement written or unwritten. PMB can say whatever he likes but will that agreement hold? PMB sidelined Tinubu and has so far denied the promises made during campaigns.

If he can do this in first tenure what stops him from removing Osinbajo because of that 2023 presidential dream? El-Rufia and other Cabals have tasted power and they want more. El-Rufia has no plans to return to the shadows.

Wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Iamgrey5(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
freedomforall30:
As has been said many times, Yorubas are worst off than Hausa-Fulani in terms of poverty. I'm not joking. These people hide under one Nigeria to deceive you they are doing well. If this country should divide, other tribes will be shock to see Yorubas begging in the streets like Alamajiris. Go to Ibadan and see people begging. Even here in Lagos. The funny thing is they beg Igbos because they know they are the ones with disposable income from doing business!
Who is this nincompoop ?

There are close to five mega malls in Ibadan of which two belongs to ShopRite, that shows a sign of an healthy middle class economy or do you think the malls where built for beggars?

There are estates, Factories, strong Educational institutions in Ibadan of which some of your ungrateful tribesmen benefited from in the past.

FYI, only Hausas beg in large numbers in Ibadan not Yoruba people.

Don't even get me started about Lagos, I bet you have never left your dirty village all your life.

3 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Modphase:
Foolish people always reasoning like idiots what about the 3 friends that cold only get teaching job under Jonathan Ebele but now work in banks with beta pay and are even seeking 300K paying jobs.

Fact is I can't take your word for it. Una too lie.

2 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Iamgrey5(m): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
NothingDoMe:
I would gladly support Osinbajo. Many other non yorubas would. The problem most Yoruba's and Non-Yorubas have is BUHARI. You can't sell that ticket and that's a fact.

What I and others said is the 2023 Yoruba presidency is not set on stone. There's no agreement written or unwritten. PMB can say whatever he likes but will that agreement hold? PMB sidelined Tinubu and has so far denied the promises made during campaigns.

If he can do this in first tenure what stops him from removing Osinbajo because of that 2023 presidential dream? El-Rufia and other Cabals have tasted power and they want more. El-Rufia has no plans to return to the shadows.

Wake up.
Please stop all these 2023 mumbo-jumbo.

The Nigerian political scene is as unpredictable as an English premier league football match. e.g the likes of Atiku, Saraki were not even in PDP as at 2016. Yet, here they are leading the campaign of the opposition today, even Mr Peter on was not always a member of the PDP.

Hence, allow the Yorubas, Ibos or Hausas or whatever vote for the political parties that thet feel will protect their immediate interest.

For now, most Yorubas believe our interest as a tribe is well protected within the ranks of the APC, just like ibos felt APC doesn't represent their interest in the last election.

2 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by ejimatic: 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
NothingDoMe:

Wake up.
. A lot of factors will come to play in 2023..An d as we are having build up for Saturday's election many more will come .1999 has brought a new down into political system of Nigeria.The need for rotational presidency came after Abiola died.The north cane to south west to choose OBJ .He had 8 years.Objasanjo handed power to Yardua .it was meant for 8 years but the death of Yardua made Jonathan become president.Jonathan was given a tenure for the power to return to the north.That made Buhari come in.The North knew ihe would rule for 8years for power to shift in 2023.Nigeria before 1999 is not Nigeria now ElRufai and others know the South west will rule as from 2023.It is non negotiable. I agree that it is the turn of the south East in 2023.But is the south east ready?If Buhari wins on Saturday without the support of the south east will he find it easy to give power o them in 2023? Okorocha and others are fighting for south east relevance in 2023 but is the south east ready? The south west is supporting Osinbajo because apart from being their son by 2023 there will be power shift to the South .Is this not wisdom? Anybody who contests in the north in 2023 is just a political comedian because PMB know it is the turn of the South.
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Iamgrey5(m): 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
limeta:
Yoruba are jealous of igbo people
Do you know the meaning of the word jealous

Since when has mobilizing a particular set of people to vote a particular political party termed jealousy?

I think it is called Politics

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:
. A lot of factors will come to play in 2023..An d as we are having build up for Saturday's election many more will come .1999 has brought a new down into political system of Nigeria.The need for rotational presidency came after Abiola died.The north cane to south west to choose OBJ .He had 8 years.Objasanjo handed power to Yardua .it was meant for 8 years but the death of Yardua made Jonathan become president.Jonathan was given a tenure for the power to return to the north.That made Buhari come in.The North knew ihe would rule for 8years for power to shift in 2023.Nigeria before 1999 is not Nigeria now ElRufai and others know the South west will rule as from 2023.It is non negotiable. I agree that it is the turn of the south East in 2023.But is the south east ready?If Buhari wins on Saturday without the support of the south east will he find it easy to give power o them in 2023? Okorocha and others are fighting for south east relevance in 2023 but is the south east ready? The south west is supporting Osinbajo because apart from being their son by 2023 there will be power shift to the South .Is this not wisdom? Anybody who contests in the north in 2023 is just a political comedian because PMB know it is the turn of the South.
PMB doesn't have a say. We both know this. The only reason he is currently respected is because he is president. Remove presidency and see where they will throw him into. He is not a serial loser for nothing. He was the best person to use to capitalize on the Anti-Jonathan sentiments.

He doesn't have the power to enforce any personal agreement once he leaves office. That agreement of rotational presidency no longer exists. Take it to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Please stop all these 2023 mumbo-jumbo.

The Nigerian political scene is as unpredictable as an English premier league football match. e.g the likes of Atiku, Saraki were not even in PDP as at 2016. Yet, here they are leading the campaign of the opposition today, even Mr Peter on was not always a member of the PDP.

Hence, allow the Yorubas, Ibos or Hausas or whatever vote for the political parties that thet feel will protect their immediate interest.

For now, most Yorubas believe our interest as a tribe is well protected within the ranks of the APC, just like ibos felt APC doesn't represent their interest in the last election.
I disagree. You cannot force the Igbos to say that we are voting for our son. That's rubbish. Everyone has a different stand concerning Peter Obi.

Which is stronger? Party politics or tribal politics? A lot of Yoruba's are in PDP. Will they leave their party and vote their brother? Was this not the same mistake you guys castigated the Igbos for that you are now trying to make?

Anyways saturday is here already. INEC may still not be ready but then again let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by ejimatic: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
NothingDoMe:
PMB doesn't have a say. We both know this. The only reason he is currently respected is because he is president. Remove presidency and see where they will throw him into. He is not a serial loser for nothing. He was the best person to use to capitalize on the Anti-Jonathan sentiments.

He doesn't have the power to enforce any personal agreement once he leaves office. That agreement of rotational presidency no longer exists. Take it to the bank.
Rotational presidency does not belong to PMB.It is among the kingmakers in Nigeria.It is a bitter truth.PMB will not stop it at all...It is the choice of the kingmakers' to decide where president will come in the south in 2023.Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Yoshy: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:
Rotational presidency does not belong to PMB.It is among the kingmakers in Nigeria.It is a bitter truth.PMB will not stop it at all...It is the choice of the kingmakers' to decide where president will come in the south in 2023.Your guess is as good as mine.
Don't you think the king makers have already accepted Atiku as president this year?
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by limeta(f): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Do you know the meaning of the word jealous

Since when as mobilizing a particular set of people to vote a particular political party termed jealousy?

I think it is called Politics

Lef me hand pls
Afonso

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Ozibe: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:

If the yorubas think they are smart and feel they can contest 2023 election without considering that the igbos have not had a shot at the presidency, it also means the north can contest and God will burn any Yoruba that will scream in the name of northern greed or north trying to dominate the south. Don’t worry, 2023 is fast coming and we all shall be alive to see as event unfold.

1 Like

Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Iamgrey5(m): 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
NothingDoMe:
I disagree. You cannot force the Igbos to say that we are voting for our son. That's rubbish. Everyone has a different stand concerning Peter Obi.

Which is stronger? Party politics or tribal politics? A lot of Yoruba's are in PDP. Will they leave their party and vote their brother? Was this not the same mistake you guys castigated the Igbos for that you are now trying to make?

Anyways saturday is here already. INEC may still not be ready but then again let's see how it goes.
No one is forcing you to accept anything.

In the American general elections of 2008, many blacks and people of color took part in elections for the very first time and voted for Obama because he is a black man, i am sure many might have voted for him for other reasons. Just like Trump played on the fears of white America to get elected.

People vote in elections for different reasons.

I will vote for APC because their policies have benefited my Yoruba people more than the years we voted for PDP at the national level. where as in 2015 Ibos rejected APC in large numbers because they believe it doesn't represent their region.

The remarks of ibo leaders during the 2015 general elections were well documented

I tell you what, why don't you vote for your preferred candidate and leave the Yorubas to choose whoever they prefer for whatever reason they deem fit.

In the end, that is what democracy is all about.

May the best man win
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Iamgrey5(m): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
limeta:

Lef me hand pls
Afonso
You threw the first insult unprovoked, but started acting diplomatic when countered

Typical!

Who is fooling who grin
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by ejimatic: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Don't you think the king makers have already accepted Atiku as president this year?
I don't think so.Most of them are on the fence as long as it is still the north that will present the president.However Obj alone is supporting the Atiku come back.... Other ex presidents with military background appear to be on the fence on the matter. whoever wins the election will not have effects on the north .In 2023 any president from the south will be a. person that the north can rely on who will return the power as arranged..This is the dynamics of Nigerian politics.
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Sirjamo: 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
zurich1010:

Yorubas are naturally tribalistic. They were the ones that brought tribalism into Nigerian politics when they chased Azikiwe from SW and you see it today in 3D. Yoruba leaders are the only people calling for their people to vote on tribal sentiments.
If Atiku had chosen Gbenga Daniel as his running mate instead of Obi, would you be supporting him?
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by theenchanter: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
I saw that sh1t on FB too.... I didn't hesitate to blast the dumbas*
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by NothingDoMe: 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
@modphase. Oh the good old days when I get all ratchet on fools real quick. grin

I guess life is in phases and men are in sizes. We grow everyday.

It is unfortunate that a 30k stipend has leaked the brains of so many resulting in stunted growth.
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by KunleyY19(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
MajesticIgbo:

Mooron, indirect rule failed to achieve much success in the East cos Igbos are egalitarian by nature.

Igbos don't have one person wielding all the political powers and, subjugating the rest of the people like the Fulanis.

All times you need a General when fighting a war...
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by MajesticIgbo(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
KunleyY19:

All times you need a General when fighting a war...

Not a General that gets shot in the butt while, escaping from the battlefront.
Re: Response To A Post About Igbo People On Proudly Yoruba Group Page On Facebook by Naajjii: 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ozibe:

Did Yoruba earned the trust of other Nigerians before all political parties were told by the military to field in yorubas as their presidential candidates on 1999? Or did OBJ earned the trust of the igbos before he was voted for in 1999 and 2003? Did yaradu and Jonathan earned the trust of the igbos before they voted for? Some of you guys can be so irritating with the way you reason.
Ok come and force Nigerians to vote for Igbo. You people don't have the skills and patience to govern multi ethnic country like Nigeria especially with core northerners Involved. You are only good in Business and making money. You can only govern yourselves but if it comes to governing a multi ethnic people you lack what it takes. Am not saying you are bad people or sometbing but i think its how nature made you people. I think its also due to the waY you were structured and your mentality before the colonialist came.This is just the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Cuts Cake Together With Ojukwu At Ojukwu's Birthday Party (Throwback Pic) / Ugwuanyi: Security Provision Is Our Major Administration Plan / Grand Plan To Return Most Of The Oil Wells From SS Back To SE But With Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.