Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class (34311 Views)

I Was Forced To Retake Medical Course Because I Wore A Mini Skirt To Class / Fredrick Mensah: Ghana Teacher's Method Of Welcoming Pupils To Class Causes Stir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by DamnnNiggarr: 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ogun: Smoking schoolgirls asked to return to class
After weeks of suspension, some school girls caught smoking shisha in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, have been told to return to school.

The girls, who are all students of Abeokuta Girls’ Grammar School, Onikolobo, Ogun State, were caught smoking shisha while filming themselves at the residence of one of them.

After the video went viral, the management of the school was said to have suspended the students indefinitely.

The Ogun Ministry of Education, Science and Technology had taken up the matter, with efforts put in place to rehabilitate the school girls.

As of Tuesday, the teenagers were said to have undergone a series of counselling before they were returned to class.

The Commissioner for Education, Prof. Abayomi Arigbagbu, during a visit to the school, said the students would be put under manual labour as a form of punishment in the school to serve as a deterrent to others.

In her words, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Mrs Abosede Ogunleye, charged students in the state to shun acts that would jeopardise their future.

Ogunleye pleaded that the reinstated students should not be stigmatised, saying, “The learners have been counselled and made to undergo some punishment and I want to believe they have changed for the better. So, I want to encourage you not to abuse, stigmatize or call them names, instead advise them and be their friends.”
Sources
Daily Post
Punch

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Kriss216: 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
So, I want to encourage you not to abuse, stigmatize or call them names, instead advise them and be their friends.”
This commissioner na JJC.

Who will stigmatize them? The girls are already role models to some of the students. They will soon start smoking competition for classroom sef.

Secondary school students are now worse than university students.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by habsydiamond(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
When dem graduate Na dem type dry stand for hotel and club house front dey charge 5k from guys. I pity their future.. That's even if they have one. Peer group influence is a big disease to our youths nowadays... What my friend do me self must do.. Na trouble e dey put pesin ooo

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by DamnnNiggarr: 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
shocked

Nice one!

I hope they changed for good...
Though, it may look impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by NwaNimo1(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Kiddinpoh(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Omo, this one loud oo

2 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Chiefecho(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
I don't really find it fun for young girls who 1.smoke
2. Make multiple piercing especially nose piercing
3. Wear chain leg abi na leg chain

31 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by NaijaMutant(f): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
They are now celebs grin

Some of their mates will be wishing they were part of the smoking gang grin

No penitence

No apologies

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by adekanmbi1986(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
It is well
Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
Really

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by areaboyjoe: 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
;DThe school name sound's funny to me Onikolobo

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Chijeep(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
I'm not surprised

Wait... is there any difference between those girls that smoke shisha and those that don't?
Seriously, in Nigeria of today you hardly find a who's still innocent

5 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by AustineE1: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ogun youths always in the news for bad reasons....it is time for cultural reorientation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by YorubaIsCursed1: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yoruba schoolgirls and weed self angry cry

13 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by IboHausaYoruba: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hmm...go and sin no more? I don't know what Ogun is turning to these days, youth delinquencies everywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by GboyegaD(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
How did we get to this point? This should be a wake up call to both parents and school authorities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Martinola(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Most of Nigerian parents are failure.
Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by April4th(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
It is well
Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by marshalcarter: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Wetin young ppl dey do now eeeeehn...mouth no fit talk am again...it is well...

Una happy new month

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by chriskosherbal(m): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
NaijaMutant:
They are now celebs grin

Some of their mates will be wishing they were part of the smoking gang grin

No penitence

No apologies
� sincerely it will be very hard for these girls to stop smoking it....is just like virginity..after you disvirgin, you feel you have broken the barrier therefore na to dey knacl dey go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Whiteways: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Easy oga
Kriss216:

This commissioner na JJC.

Who will stigmatize them? The girls are already role models to some of the students. They will soon start smoking competition for classroom sef.

Secondary school students are now worse than university students.
Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Legendoo: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
I'm still waiting for the woke mob to say something Stupid.

Oya rationalise this nonesense. Woke wereys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
areaboyjoe:
;DThe school name sound's funny to me Onikolobo

That’s not the school name Oga... onikolobo is just a place where the school is situated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Sonnobax15(m): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
lipsrsealed
The future is female and as well disastrous shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ogun is in ruins...

What is Obasanjo doing shebi na em state?

If not skull mining is girls smoking shisha or one thing or the other

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by lexy2014: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
Ogun: Smoking schoolgirls asked to return to class

Sources
Daily Post
Punch

is this commissioner in his right senses at all?
Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by SportsHD: 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
Legendoo:
I'm still waiting for the woke mob to say something Stupid.

Oya rationalise this nonesense. Woke wereys
does this suspension and punishment guarantee that they won't smoke again?
Re: Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class by schoolboymatt(m): 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
Chiefecho:
I don't really find it fun for young girls who 1.smoke
2. Make multiple piercing especially nose piercing
3. Wear chain leg abi na leg chain
one man's food they say...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October / 5 Type Of Food That Nigerian Student Eat More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.