Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Elections: ‘I Am Not Afraid To Lose’ – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections: ‘I Am Not Afraid To Lose’ – Buhari (296 Views)

2023 Elections: I Supported Tinubu, Worked Against Atiku 100% — Fayose (Video) / Tinubu, APC Will Lose Buhari’s Home State – Katsina Rep, Ibrahim / Staggered Elections : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elections: ‘I Am Not Afraid To Lose’ – Buhari by archivengr: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
President Buhari says he is not afraid to lose the presidential election rescheduled early Saturday morning to February 23.

Mr Buhari spoke at a national caucus meeting of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) held on Monday at the party’s headquarters in Abuja over the postponement of the election.

The meeting was attended by the president, National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, party leader Bola Tinubu, 11 APC governors, and Minister of Transportation.

”I am not afraid to lose. I have gone around the 36 states and Abuja I think I have enough supporters across the country to look after me.” Mr Buhari said.

Mr Buhari said he wants Nigerians to be respected irrespective of the outcome of the election.

He also urged Nigerians to come out and vote on the rescheduled date for the candidates of their choice.

”We are not going to be blamed that we want to rig election. I want Nigerians to be respected. Let them vote whoever they want across the parties,” the president said.

Buhari Warns INEC

Speaking on the postponement of the general elections, Mr Buhari warned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to take Nigerians for granted.

https://archivengr.com/elections-i-am-not-afraid-to-lose-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala Discussing Disaster Risk Management for African countries in Accra / Nigeria Decides: A Nairaland Skit On Ballot Box Snatching / Exposed:how Kwara Lawmaker Allegedly Embezzled Over N34m Skill And Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.