Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers (340 Views)

Mahmood Yakubu Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatchers / We Are Battle Ready For Ballot Box Snatchers, Army Says / Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers by olajay86(m): 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/02/nigeria-election-tinubu-defends-buhari.html

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Monday refuted the statement credited to President Muhammadu Buhari where he threatened that snatchers of ballot boxes will pay with their lives.

Tinubu, speaking with journalists in Abuja at the end of the APC caucus meeting said that the President was misinterpreted.

He said that the President at the meeting only reinforced that those involved in ballot box snatching will be doing it at the risk of their life.

According to him, “I was in that meeting; the president was just reinforcing the fact that if you are out there snatching ballot boxes, and causing destructions, you are at risk of your own life. Whatever happens to you; no president will give an order that his own citizens should be shot summarily, No! No, its okay, emotions are running high these days. Any individual including myself can be misinterpreted.

“These are not his words; he is a law abiding person and he understands categorically and clearly what rule of law is and the lives of individual citizens that he is in that office to protect. Now, let me run this; he has been fighting Book Haram, kidnappers and all these before this election, did you hear him asking them to be shot and executed summarily?”

“By law we should continue to energise our people; it depends on our resources. Because the Electoral Act allows us to do that; and ask led us to stop campaigning only 24 hours before the actual election. And once you changed the date to Feb. 23, you have given us the opening to campaign and energise.

“If you a garden and you don’t nourish with water, the grass will remain dormant; we don’t want our party to remain dormant.

“This is ability of leadership to convert adversity to opportunity and prosperity and that’s it; that’s what we must do.”

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Re: Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers by Kylekent59: 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2019
Let's see if a member of their family caught in the act will be killed cheesy

Now, what if someone is under threat to carry a ballot box or they kill him/her, how do we save such innocent victim?

A ballot box was found in a Ghana must go bag on a bus, now the police open the bag and sees ballot box. How will they handle this?

Everyone needs to be very careful this election period.

I think they have to rethink. Killing them will bury the solution, but arresting and questioning them will lead to the arrest of other who are involve including those that sent them.

I wonder who came up with such idea of killing anyone found with a ballot box.
Re: Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers by Racoon(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2019
Tinubu, speaking with journalists in Abuja at the end of the APC caucus meeting said that the President was misinterpreted.
El-Rufai made the inflammatory "body bags" statement and pronto Buhari gave him backing by stupidly & foolishly supporting the midget.

Only for him to later make a shameless volte face to do damage control.Now Tinubu is defending a statement made by a president that is suffering from a "never being aware" syndrome. undecided

Why is everyone associated with this government so annoyingly stupid like this? Nigerians pls kick out this useless APC govt.
Re: Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers by Atiku4betaNaija: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari was angry with Osibanjo for taken some important decisions when he traveled outside Nigeria for treatment and that this second tenure will be his pay back. He will be removed just like the CJF was removed by force and he will pretend not to know what is happening and would ask that a new VP be brought in immediately. But before osibanjo is removed, Tinubu's position would be given to someone else.Rochas Okorocha appointed about 2 or 3 family into his government and the whole country nearly crucified him.
Buhari has been quietly appointing lots of his relatives into positions in government, yet nobody seems to notice, let alone attack him.
Is the dullard using jazz to silent Nigerians? I can't help but remove my cap for the babalowo that did this strong jazz for him.
My only fear is that buhari might openly rig himself back to power and use this same strong jazz to silent Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Election: Tinubu Defends Buhari On Death Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers by Mynd44: 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2019

(1)

Poll Time. NORTH ONLY / Shehu Sani Identifies Tools Nigerians Can Use To Monitor Polls / Mopamuro LGA Is Under The Siege Of Yaya Bello's Induced SARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.