Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860414 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Vancouver4:

Ifeom.a77 biko tiyere m onu n'okwu a
As long as you have the reference letters for all of them, carry go!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ramj: 10:47am On Apr 04, 2019
JustinTrudeau:
Bros why,soup wey don done,why go through such stress. Just do small ikenujo here and vamous. Wedding is weding wherever you do it in any part of the world.

Take for instance now,mysef and Ifeoma77 just got PPR and we wont do any wedding till we get there. Take a cue from us

Your PM
grin grin

okay

Je m'appelle marryNOT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sexgoddess: 10:47am On Apr 04, 2019
Good morning,
Has anyone evaluated unilag HRDC diploma via WES ?
Is the 6 month diploma considered 2 or more certificate/diploma along with a BSC?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2019
Adunnee:

Yes o, nurse francine came to the rescue with all 5 doses compressed in one syringe.

Ifeoma is a wucked gurl tongue tongue

grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Influential101: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2019
iaatmguy:
FOR COUPLES.

I believe everyone in this pursuit, is aspiring to be a Canadian. My point is,even if your spouse's score is high enough to get you an invitation, you should ensure you both write ielts, because its one of the requirements to apply for citizenship. Though the result would be expired by then, IRCC would waive it, since it has been used previously, and it's in their database.
In order words, both spouses should write, not just for permanent residency application alone, but also for citizenship.
Goodluck
Please is there a minimum IELTS score for citizenship? Want to know if a spouse that didn't really do well in ielts even though it was enough for ITA needs to rewrite??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2019
Cannylov:

I only used my Ond then and my industrial training as work experience, which I wouldn't want to use for my express entry, now I have the ond, bsc and pgd with a different work experience. And I only evaluate the bsc and pgd.

I just want to know the format I will use to explain to them why am not using the Ond and the industrial training experience in my recent application. Thank you.

There is nothing to explain. Put the OND and Industrial Training in your personal history (since you are not claiming points with it) and the rest in your work history. Make sure you also upload the OND cert together with others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellexa22: 11:08am On Apr 04, 2019
Hi guys,
please has anyone used renmoney as POF??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Vancouver4(f): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2019
Ifeoma77:
As long as you have the reference letters for all of them, carry go!!
Thank u oooooh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 11:13am On Apr 04, 2019
Onetwo77:
Hi,

My now fiance and I applied separately and we both have our COPR, but yet to land in Canada. We are now considering getting married before we land in Canada. It's just a small wedding. If we do proceed with the wedding, do we need to inform IRCC? How would this affect our COPR? We are trying to avoid having to come back for the wedding lol.

Any suggestions please?

Both of you already have COPR before the wedding, so i dont see the point informing IRCC? Assuming one has COPR while the other is still waiting before the wedding, then it is mandatory to inform IRCC.

My point is that, you can inform them or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2019
Jennypharb1:

No he/she is being realistic, IELTS has humbled the proud and raised the lowly. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, if your expectations are not met would you rather cough out 45k or 15k? Everyone should weigh options and decide which is better for them anyway

Correct, we have seen fantastic results with just a need for 0.5 in one of the modules. It's better to prepare for such.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Hello,
I guess the documents to upload in education section are ECA, Ielts certificate, degree certificate in no particular order. However, I am writing an LOE for my education and I intend to attach some other documents like statement of result, transcript and professional registration to support my explanation. Do I add these documents to the ones i am supposed to submit to CIC under education section or i upload them under the optional file.

If I am uploading them under the education section, I understand my LOE has to come first. I hope I can upload all other documents that I am submitting in any particular order? "I.e transcript could come before ECA and ielts certificate"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:31am On Apr 04, 2019
Influential101:
Please is there a minimum IELTS score for citizenship? Want to know if a spouse that didn't really do well in ielts even though it was enough for ITA needs to rewrite??
if it is good enough for ITA, it is better for citizenship.

the minimum band score for citizenship is 4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 11:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Do I add these documents to the ones i am supposed to submit to CIC under education section or i upload them under the optional file: Either.

If I am uploading them under the education section, I understand my LOE has to come first. I hope I can upload all other documents that I am submitting in any particular order?: Include a table of contents to help the agent/officer.

nelronaldo:
Hello,
I guess the documents to upload in education section are ECA, Ielts certificate, degree certificate in no particular order. However, I am writing an LOE for my education and I intend to attach some other documents like statement of result, transcript and professional registration to support my explanation. Do I add these documents to the ones i am supposed to submit to CIC under education section or i upload them under the optional file.

If I am uploading them under the education section, I understand my LOE has to come first. I hope I can upload all other documents that I am submitting in any particular order? "I.e transcript could come before ECA and ielts certificate"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by omidan21: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2019
Hello house I ve someone whose international passport is gonna expire April 19th though she has put in for another at immigration but they ain't even sure when it will be ready. She wants to sithe for Ielts by April ending can she register with MOD or British council with a expired passport.please ase hellp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by msmodi: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2019
The Eagle has Landed guys!!!!!!!!
AVO. Coming back with details. It's PPR.....

65 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by deTimo: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=Kods1900 post=77057742]

Timeline:

IELTS: 21 Apr 2018 LRWS 8.5/8/7.5/8
ECA: 14 Aug 2018
Spouse IELTS: 21 Apr 2018 LRWS 6/4.5/5.5/6
Spouse WES: 28 Jun 2018
EE Profile Created: 14 Aug 2018 CRS 443
ITA: 22 Aug 2018
AOR: 19 Oct 2018
MEP/BIL: 21 Nov 2018
Ghost Update: 24 Mar 2019
PPR: 27 Mar 2019
VO: Ottawa
No ADR’s
Family of 4

Congrats man, may the remaining part of the waY be smooth for you. I remembered when you jumped into the pool without any gears and came out dripping wet with ITA.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by opella(f): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2019
msmodi:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2019
joo2018:
Do I add these documents to the ones i am supposed to submit to CIC under education section or i upload them under the optional file: Either.

If I am uploading them under the education section, I understand my LOE has to come first. I hope I can upload all other documents that I am submitting in any particular order?: Include a table of contents to help the agent/officer.

Okay thanks a lot.
One more thing, I had planned to upload just my work reference letter because that's what CIC actually needs.
Just for clarification purpose, I was paid cash at the first place I worked( so I don't have any proof of payment) but I have my bank statement showing i received salary from the other place I declared. Is there any need adding bank statement to one reference letter, while I upload just the reference letter for the other? Or do you advise I just stay consistent with reference letters only?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cmaamaa: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=msmodi post=77255255]

[/quoete]

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cmaamaa: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2019
nelronaldo:

Okay thanks a lot.
One more thing, I had planned to upload just my work reference letter because that's what CIC actually needs.
Just for clarification purpose, I was paid cash at the first place I worked( so I don't have any proof of payment) but I have my bank statement showing i received salary from the other place I declared. Is there any need adding bank statement to one reference letter, while I upload just the reference letter for the other? Or do you advise I just stay consistent with reference letters only?

Stay consistent if your letter is in CIC format
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2019
Henrywest76:
Good evening house,
please I have been trying to create an account with physiciansapply.ca for evaluation of my medical degree, but I noticed that my institution (Chukwuemeka Odumegwu ojukwu university teaching hospital) is not on their list of medical schools, being one of the latest medical schools in Nigeria, thus I have been stuck at that stage of registration, please I really need help on how to proceed. Thank you

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu university was formerly called what? The former name must be on the list.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mimi1999: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
joo2018:
Hi. I don't understand this last post.

The funds being in USD doesn't change anything. Just top it up as soon as possible. You might not increase it back to the original amount...maybe like $200 above what you currently have. As an insurance.

Thank you.
Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
cmaamaa:

Stay consistent if your letter is in CIC format

Depends on what the cic format is.

One letter has the same template as the one posted on page 1

The second one is from a military establishment so it didn't bullet my job duties like the template we have on page one and the paragraphs are numbered. I was told for the military style of writing, paragraphs must be numbered and bulleting points isn't allowed. However, it contains the important details like duration, work hours per week, responsibilities/duties(written in two paragraphs), contact of supervisor etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Akeemilori(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
Kods1900:

I don’t know how to do all the bolded things you people do so please just take my write-up the way it comes, Secondly I’m going to be typing on my phone so please ignore any typos you see.

Timeline:

IELTS: 21 Apr 2018 LRWS 8.5/8/7.5/8
ECA: 14 Aug 2018
Spouse IELTS: 21 Apr 2018 LRWS 6/4.5/5.5/6
Spouse WES: 28 Jun 2018
EE Profile Created: 14 Aug 2018 CRS 443
ITA: 22 Aug 2018
AOR: 19 Oct 2018
MEP/BIL: 21 Nov 2018
Ghost Update: 24 Mar 2019
PPR: 27 Mar 2019
VO: Ottawa
No ADR’s
Family of 4

Decision to Travel:
This was late January 2018 when a colleague and friend told me he was dropping his resignation and relocating with his family, I started thinking of my daughter and unborn child and started pondering if Nigeria was the right place to raise them.

I heard about EE for the first time then and decided to try the CRS simulator and found out I’d get 443 because I had two B.Sc’s, This was in February 2018. Decided to pay for IELTS for my spouse and I and wrote the test in April.

IELTS
In as much as I appreciate this thread I’m actually glad I did not know about it until after my IELTS because as at the time of writing I didn’t know I had to max out the scores and if I had known about this thread I’d have been really worried.

I only practiced listening all through, practiced one test for reading and didn’t bother with writing and speaking. I was lucky enough to max out. It was after the test I realized the amount of Favour I had with the test. This was done with BC.

Wifey was heavily pregnant during the test and didn’t even bother practicing at all, it was a difficult pregnancy and she barely made it to the exam and taking it.

ECA
Used WES, didn’t know at the time that there were other evaluation bodies, only knew about BC for IELTS and WESfor ECA.

I was an unserious club boy during my university days so I graduated with a 3rd class after 7 years (A disappointment that later became a blessing) 2 years later I went back for another degree and graduated with a better grade. So with this I had 2 certificates. WES took 4 months because I had to evaluate my diploma, first bsc and second bsc.

Wifey’s bsc was out in about 3 months.

POF
I had some challenges with this because I’m one of those people who earn a lot and spends as much too. I work in an organization where you work hard and play harder.

Wifey had our second child 2 weeks post ITA so POF became higher. Eventually I used my savings, 85% gift deed from my dad, pension and gratuity.

I literally just lumped them all, didn’t put the exchange rate of the day, no breakdown tables nothing. Just loaded them all and decided to let them figure it out. Lol.

I had a scare with my POF because i submitted my 6 months payslip and a few months before, I took a 3m car loan from the office and I had it showing in my payslips, I’m not sure how this was calculated eventually.

JOB REFERENCE
Used the last 3 years in my latest job, Others were in personal history. Didn’t want any complications on this.

It was in CIC format and Newmum0615 helped also with confirming this. (Thank You). I also added my payslips, employment letter and work ID card to this. Pretty straightforward I might say.

MEDICALS
I had my medicals at Children’s practice. Had to take my newborn at 2 weeks old for his passport. This also was eventless. Booked ahead, I was really scared because I didn’t want anything to go wrong. I’m one of those people that gets really worried when I fall sick and start checking google which almost ends up giving myself an unnecessary heartattack.

Well thank God there weee no issues.

PCC
Used one inspector like that, paid 10k for my spouse and I and we were done with this in about an hour.

POST AOR
Shortly after AOR I got promoted at work, hmm I was just looking at them because whether they liked it or not I was going to leave eventually but it was all good though. So I settled into my new role which is pretty tasking and took a whole lot of my time.

I ordered GCMS in February and got it in 11 days, this was a big surprise and when I checked the only thing that was completed was information sharing, criminality was in progress while eligibility and security had not started. I was also shocked to see that the last time my file was touched was in November.

After biometrics I also found out that it never became completed like other, it continued showing my biometrics was nit received bla bla bla even though there was a biometrics number assigned. I raised a CSE and got a confirmation that it had been received so I relaxed.

I also raised a CSE on wifey’s passport because when we submitted she used the one that had her maiden name and we realized it was going to expire sometime in July and we wanted to have enough time to plan after PPR so we got a new passport with my surname and sent a LOE and affidavit with the new passport. This was acknowledged received although it never changed in my profile.

PPR
I used to check my profile once or twice weekly max. So on Sunday I decided to check because the last time I did that was the previous week and I saw that my application/profile was updated. Ran to wifey and told her PPR was coming.

Opened my profile and saw that biometrics had changed to completed. Then, I became a bit worried because I would have preferred to see nothing change and it would then have been defined as a proper ghost update. I started overthinking things like what if the update was just for biometrics and nothing else. Anyway I was a tad hopeful.

Next morning I couldn’t sleep as I was expecting PPR mail but nothing, same with Tuesday. Woke up yesterday and saw the mail sitting pretty in my mail, it had arrived at 12:55am. Funny thing is I had my phone beep but I was of the opinion that PPR mails only came between 4:30am to 5:30am don’t know why.

Well submitted our passports yesterday and a new chapter of our lives is beginning to unfold right in front of our eyes. Lest I forget immediately I saw the mail I look at my children and I smiled and almost cried with the excitement that they wouldn’t grow up in this country.

I want to thank everyone for the selfless contributions to the thread. I gained immensely from them even though I wasn’t able to contribute a lot myself. I read all the threads from part 1 even though I joined in maybe part 3 or 4 not sure anymore.

Thanks a bunch to ARCUGO as he answered my first question on this thread.

As it has ended in praise for me so shall it be for us all.

AMEN!!!!!!

please what can I do,I have started my Canada Express Entry since 2016 30th August,so I did my biometrics on 24th July 2018,and I don't why I have received any notification to submit my intl passport,it is getting to 3yrs now, please I need your help on this stuff,here is my phone no+2348024957865
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Akeemilori(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ramj:

okay

Je m'appelle marryNOT
Akeem and toi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Livy2018: 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, PPR arrived at 11.30am today after 8 months and 8 days with AVO. Timeline coming shortly.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kfrosh: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
I know someone used Renmoney fixed deposit as POF on the last thread to get PPR. I don't know the person's moniker.

Ithink that shouldn't be a problem though.
bellexa22:
Hi guys,

I'm post ITA, please has anyone used renmoney as POF??

80% of the money is in renmoney owned by accompanying spouse and it matures in June.
My only issue with the certificate is that one of the rules states "Where you request to withdraw funds prior to the maturity date, Renmoney may, in its absolute discretion approve/reject a request for early withdrawal"
Even though this is stated in the certificate it is not entirely true because I can liquidate at any time and just lose a percentage of the interest, I have been using them for more than 2 years and I know this.
I'm just worried that CIC might interpret the statement to mean the money is not readily available.

Please has anyone used them or know someone that has used them plus is it just the certificate of investment you attached
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ologunsunny: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
If I want to book appointments with qlife, will I have to pay in advance before coming or I will pay on the day I got there thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
Below is the format. If both letters have those details, then you are safe uploading them alone.

"a reference or experience letter from the employer, which

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; "
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

However, it may also make sense to prepare for a scenario in which you get an ADR for payslips. You can ask the cash paying company for a salary certificate.
https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/142#76663649
https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/142#76663863

nelronaldo:

Depends on what the cic format is.

One letter has the same template as the one posted on page 1

The second one is from a military establishment so it didn't bullet my job duties like the template we have on page one and the paragraphs are numbered. I was told for the military style of writing, paragraphs must be numbered and bulleting points isn't allowed. However, it contains the important details like duration, work hours per week, responsibilities/duties(written in two paragraphs), contact of supervisor etc.

5 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princekins(m): 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
General Training

usenjay:
please house my NECO result got to WES since 19th of March 2018 and this is the response I got from WES since then

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 3/19/2019.

Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time. 

please what should be the next step?

and

for the IELTS which one am i to do
General training or Academics?

please i need ur help....

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
Express Entry kwa.

Kindly provide us a summary of your application.

Akeemilori:
please what can I do,I have started my Canada Express Entry since 2016 30th August,so I did my biometrics on 24th July 2018,and I don't why I have received any notification to submit my intl passport,it is getting to 3yrs now, please I need your help on this stuff,here is my phone no+2348024957865
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dezzydon(f): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
Congratulations!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.