Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859699 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
EyimofeFA:
I have been missing in action, which one is new price ?

Also House please I have medicals for 14th of march and I dont know if we will make it as my husbands passport is still stucked at passport office, to capture is a problem not to talk of passport being issued. Any idea what I can do, i got march in December.

I think you should state the office where you are processing the passport, someone might have a contact that can help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CheesyTee(f): 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
Yours won’t be so by God’s grace

DexterousOne:

Sixth week :I
Mogbe!

And I just sumitted my application this week for transcript
Uni lag sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
Doctorfitz:

I don't think so, I just checked their site and found this..

I checked too and didn't see what she claimed she saw....we never really can tell, she could be right. That was why I asked her to share the link where she saw it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Tega4B: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2019
Didi19:
I am just about to start my process. I just paid for IQAs, Please is there any part of my IQAs form that I have to send my school to sign and attach with my transcript?

Yes, when you make payment they will send you the form n a checklist. Print the form n sign it then scan it to whoever is processing your transcript for you it MUST be attached, else your documents will be incomplete.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Doctorfitz: 10:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
DonTee07:

I checked too and didn't see what she claimed she saw....we never really can tell, she could be right. That was why I asked her to share the link where she saw it.

True words. But I think it's just a case of understanding between the secondary and post secondary requirements.. I await clarifications if any though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Wumi93: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please house i need a quick help regarding submitting my form IMM 5669 upfront without ADR for it, please how do you submit, it . is it electronically or I have to print, sign and scan back? anybody with experience in this... please help me urgently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by NubianQueen87: 11:47pm On Feb 21, 2019
You are right. It only applies if you're getting your secondary school certificate evaluated.

We used ICES last week for hubby's degee. No hassle. No request for WAEC.

It's just a guide to the requirements for each credential evaluation.

Good luck.

Doctorfitz:

True words. But I think it's just a case of understanding between the secondary and post secondary requirements.. I await clarifications if any though.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rchilee: 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Hello, I hear those with job offers or relatives are prioritised. Is this true?

Don't have any

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ramj: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
Page 29 deja

Bon

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TemiGee: 12:30am On Feb 22, 2019
Rchilee congratulations. Please what is your NOC? I have a friend with NOC 0114 who applied directly to PEI PNP since December and has not received any feedback

rchilee:

Don't have any
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 22, 2019
bunmioluwa:
I will suggest you continue practicing till you are consistently on 7.5 or 8 before your next IELTS. That will help your confidence in the real exam.

I didn’t get any score during my practice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nollywoodlove(f): 1:45am On Feb 22, 2019
danianne:
The registration and exam cost is 297 pounds. You don't need to pay for their materials and study cost. Visit astranti.com or open tuition.com to get access to free study materials. I don't think ICES evaluates professional certificates. WES evaluates it as one year college level certificate.

Issyman:

Free materials available on astranti. Wes evaluates the cert positively. Two people got positive outcome as one year college certificate. As an ACA, it will be a walkover for you. Good luck

Thank you both so much.

Please if anyone here has any reservations or bad experience from CIMA and express entry, please don't keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 2:29am On Feb 22, 2019
Good morning house,
I've been following this thread silently for a while now.

I made the decision to give ee a try this year. I wrote my ielts test on the 9th of February and these are the scores I saw when I checked online (yet to pick up the hard copy) :
L-8.5, R-9, S-8, W-7
I got all my practice materials just by following some parts of this thread.

I want to get my ECA done within the next two months, is this possible with WES? The universities are ABSU and Uniport.

Please can someone share a contact number for Uniport transcript verification (masters).

Thank you all for your continued support, we shall all testify.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by otunbanimi: 2:41am On Feb 22, 2019
you did the exam with BC or MOD?

Queencyco:
Good morning house,

I made the decision to give ee a try this year. I wrote my ielts test on the 9th of February and these are the scores I saw when I checked online (yet to pick up the hard copy) :
L-8.5, R-9, S-8, W-7

I want to get my ECA done within the next two months, is this possible with WES? The universities are ABSU and Uniport.

Please can someone share a contact number for Uniport transcript verification (masters).

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 2:55am On Feb 22, 2019
I think you are in line. NOC 1111 looks good.

lemmydap:
Good evening good people,

Kindly assist review the Tax analyst responsibilities below if it tallies with NOC 1111 requirements.

Your kind assistance will be appreciated.

Tax Analyst

• Ensure timely remittance and filing of the Bank’s monthly transaction taxes (VAT and WHT) and PAYE.
• Conduct a monthly adequacy review of all transaction taxes to avoid penalties arising from non-remittance of accurate taxes.
• Ensure timely filling of the Bank’s Company Income Tax Self-Assessment.
• Participate in the review of the Bank’s income tax computation and provide schedules required by the Bank’s tax consultants.
• Review of response to inquiries on tax matters by various tax authorities and staff.
• Participate in the review of tax liability computations issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and State Board of Internal Revenue (SBIR) during tax audits.
• Ensure timely provision of documents and other requests made by state tax authorities and the Bank’s tax consultants in order to achieve a seamless tax audit.
• Respond to enquiries from the branches and other head office departments
• Ensure timely issuance of tax clearance certificate for both staff and the bank.
• Review Stamp duty collections to ensure there are no gaps in the weekly returns rendered to the CBN
• Contribute to the automation of processes for efficiency and effectiveness

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 3:02am On Feb 22, 2019
otunbanimi:
you did the exam with BC or MOD?

BC

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 3:07am On Feb 22, 2019
Difference of opinion. Glad you have gotten an answer.
Stencil:

smh. I reposted my question almost 6 hours later and that's considered spamming the thread?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 3:08am On Feb 22, 2019
Hi. Searching for the thread on nairaland is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If you are following the thread, post the link.

OlumisiI:

Well done joo2018. Maybe add IELTS thread here too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 3:24am On Feb 22, 2019
What a wawu!

Congratulations!
Queencyco:
Good morning house,

L-8.5, R-9, S-8, W-7

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 4:30am On Feb 22, 2019
RUBYRUBY:

Thanks soo much, do you know anyone who uses unilag diploma to get 2 or more certificates

Does Unilag Diploma issue Certificate after completion?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MsJanez01: 4:55am On Feb 22, 2019
Amandacanny:
Hello guys, has anyone gotten his ECA result from ices delivered through regular mail before?. This courier expense of 75 CAD dey pain me. I don't have anyone in Canada either. Please any suggestions?

Yes i got mine delivered by regular mail for free but to an address in CAD. If ure doing Naija its not adviseable though. If u ve someone in the states thats a better deal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 5:15am On Feb 22, 2019
ans123:

Yes you can claim 0124 .In so far as your JD align with those specified on IRCC Webksite

Thank you so much. Am grateful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 5:22am On Feb 22, 2019
Queencyco:

BC

I wrote same day with you, I checked yesterday but it wasn't ready. When and where did you che k yours? Congratulations!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by happyme31: 5:27am On Feb 22, 2019
Hosanna to God most High.
Ielts MOD - Feb 9
L9, R7, W7.5, S7.5

I practised using Cambridge books 1-12 over and over again.
At some point, I could finish all the questions in a particular book in one day.

For listening parts 2 and 3, someone posted a very useful tip about writing quickly all you here while the passage is being read. Then at the end of the test, you go back and crosscheck your answers based on what you have scribbled down. It worked!! �

Writing: I used Ielts Liz. I printed transcribed texts from her lesson on basic writing tips for Task 1 and 2 as well as free sample essays and letters she had on her website.
I also used Jay's writing video on the use of variety of sentences: complex, passive, question etc.

Speaking and Reading: I used Jay videos.
I didn't finish my 2 minutes for speaking which made me fret after the exam. Apparently, it's not about using up all the time allotted.

All materials stated were gotten from Part 6. I actually got Ryan's materials and a few others from this thread which were overwhelming, so I decided to stick to a few.

I prepared for 3 months, dedicating at least 3 hours every day. Practice using the right materials is what you require in my opinion.

Spouse ielts - L6, R6, W7.5, S7.5 - Needless to say the tips started up there were not applied, as getting my spouse who assumed it was just an English test to study at all was a herculean task� .

ECA already done with ICES.
CRS =452.

We were planning to evaluate spouse's ECA for additional 10 points. Guess we do not need it.

Thank you to everyone who gave useful tips.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by happyme31: 5:32am On Feb 22, 2019
Queencyco:
Good morning house,

L-8.5, R-9, S-8, W-7

I have a penchant for ICES.
WES requires Waec just so you know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by RUBYRUBY(f): 5:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Does Unilag Diploma issue Certificate after completion?
Yes they do. I got my statement of result sometime ago
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 5:48am On Feb 22, 2019
Queencyco:
Good morning house,

L-8.5, R-9, S-8, W-7

Just rechecked now and it still says no result found. Please could you share with me the link with which you checked yours. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 5:56am On Feb 22, 2019
Didi19:
I am just about to start my process. I just paid for IQAs, Please is there any part of my IQAs form that I have to send my school to sign and attach with my transcript?
Yes. There's a transcript request form that must be completed by an offical of your school and impressed with a seal. It MUST accompany your transcript. I suggest you read and digest the IQAS process again. The wait is too long for any delays to mess you up. My docs were delivered to them on Feb 7.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 6:19am On Feb 22, 2019
Congratulations!!!
Please can you help me with the link you used for checking your results, I checked the usual one and it keep saying result not found. Am so so anxious right now.

Thanks

quote author=happyme31 post=75978601]Hosanna to God most High.
Ielts MOD - Feb 9
L9, R7, W7.5, S7.5

I practised using Cambridge books 1-12 over and over again.
At some point, I could finish all the questions in a particular book in one day.

For listening parts 2 and 3, someone posted a very useful tip about writing quickly all you here while the passage is being read. Then at the end of the test, you go back and crosscheck your answers based on what you have scribbled down. It worked!! �

Writing: I used Ielts Liz. I printed transcribed texts from her lesson on basic writing tips for Task 1 and 2 as well as free sample essays and letters she had on her website.
I also used Jay's writing video on the use of variety of sentences: complex, passive, question etc.

Speaking and Reading: I used Jay videos.
I didn't finish my 2 minutes for speaking which made me fret after the exam. Apparently, it's not about using up all the time allotted.

All materials stated were gotten from Part 6. I actually got Ryan's materials and a few others from this thread which were overwhelming, so I decided to stick to a few.

I prepared for 3 months, dedicating at least 3 hours every day. Practice using the right materials is what you require in my opinion.

Spouse ielts - L6, R6, W7.5, S7.5 - Needless to say the tips started up there were not applied, as getting my spouse who assumed it was just an English test to study at all was a herculean task� .

ECA already done with ICES.
CRS =452.

We were planning to evaluate spouse's ECA for additional 10 points. Guess we do not need it.

Thank you to everyone who gave useful tips.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Saintee2009(m): 6:23am On Feb 22, 2019
Debsify:
As in eh today makes it exactly 12 weeks my spouse transcript was received and updated by ICES, I'm sha happy her status changed yesterday to Documents received and being checked by ICES. So hope soon it'll change to completed by God's grace.
Hello.. please I need you to clarify some things...
"Documents received and being checked by ICES" Was this on ICES dashboard?
They already confirmed receiving my transcript from my institution and status changed to "Application received" but now I'm confused about this one you talked about.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellville: 6:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Decision to write ielts - January 2019 (Never gave a thought to leaving Nigeria before this time).

Registered with mod (with my big belly- pregnant) on 12th Jan. Wrote Ielts on 9th Feb. Just checked result now:
Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.0

Overall: 8.5
Ps. The speaking test was the most challenging. I still can't believe I passed it.

69 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2019
rchilee:

Don't have any

Thanks, what's your work experience please? I have a friend in the pool, he's an engineer but has just his NYSC work experience as a teacher which is on his profile. He also submitted the expression of interest for PEI

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.