Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859920 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:49am On Feb 22, 2019
bellville:
Decision to write ielts - January 2019 (Never gave a thought to leaving Nigeria before this time).

Registered with mod (with my big belly- pregnant) on 12th Jan. Wrote Ielts on 9th Feb. Just checked result now:
Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.0

Overall: 8.5
Ps. The speaking test was the most challenging. I still can't believe I passed it.

Congrats dear, may the rest of your path be smooth

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by magd: 7:01am On Feb 22, 2019
Goodmorning, Please for those who sent UI transcript to WES did you include any filled form from WES to the transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by oneah(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2019
Woke up ds morning to d mail of COPR.... the wait was whao... 32days countdown on the bar. Glory be to God.

39 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amandacanny: 7:02am On Feb 22, 2019
Thanks darling.
MsJanez01:

Yes i got mine delivered by regular mail for free but to an address in CAD. If ure doing Naija its not adviseable though. If u ve someone in the states thats a better deal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DexterousOne(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2019
CheesyTee:
Yours won’t be so by God’s grace

Amen o

I was at waec office yesterday to do that confirmation of reslt thing

And I have also mailed a photocopy of my degree as well.

Then applied for the transcript via the portal.

I really hope this thing gets over and done with soonest!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellville: 7:06am On Feb 22, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Congrats dear, may the rest of your path be smooth
amen thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 7:14am On Feb 22, 2019
happyme31:

I have a penchant for ICES.
WES requires Waec just so you know.

Please exactly how long does this ICES evaluation take? Do they also verify transcripts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 7:17am On Feb 22, 2019
toyinana:

Just rechecked now and it still says no result found. Please could you share with me the link with which you checked yours. Thanks

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josefuadjr: 7:18am On Feb 22, 2019
oneah:
Woke up ds morning to d mail of COPR.... the wait was whao... 32days countdown on the bar. Glory be to God.

Wait o. Did you give us your PPR gist

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amandacanny: 7:24am On Feb 22, 2019
For where.
Josefuadjr:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2019
bellville:
Decision to write ielts - January 2019 (Never gave a thought to leaving Nigeria before this time).

Registered with mod (with my big belly- pregnant) on 12th Jan. Wrote Ielts on 9th Feb. Just checked result now:
Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.0

Ps. The speaking test was the most challenging. I still can't believe I passed it.

Congratulations, guessed u wrote in abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:37am On Feb 22, 2019
Doctorfitz:

I don't think so, I just checked their site and found this..

I don't know why people can't just understand what's written on their website..Secondary education is different from post secondary education evaluation..read and understand people come on!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Saintee2009:

Hello.. please I need you to clarify some things...
"Documents received and being checked by ICES" Was this on ICES dashboard?
They already confirmed receiving my transcript from my institution and status changed to "Application received" but now I'm confused about this one you talked about.
That's the stage before status changes to completed, and yes it's on the dashboard. At the stage of Docs received...it means ICES has gotten all the required docs and are preparing your report I think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:43am On Feb 22, 2019
bellville:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.0

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2019
happyme31:
Hosanna to God most High.
Ielts MOD - Feb 9
L9, R7, W7.5, S7.5

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Queencyco:
Good morning house,

Thank you all for your continued support, we shall all testify.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:48am On Feb 22, 2019
Queencyco:

Please exactly how long does this ICES evaluation take? Do they also verify transcripts?
12 weeks, and sometimes they ask for verification from schools

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 7:57am On Feb 22, 2019
happyme31:
Hosanna to God most High.
Ielts MOD - Feb 9
L9, R7, W7.5, S7.5

I practised using Cambridge books 1-12 over and over again.
At some point, I could finish all the questions in a particular book in one day.

For listening parts 2 and 3, someone posted a very useful tip about writing quickly all you here while the passage is being read. Then at the end of the test, you go back and crosscheck your answers based on what you have scribbled down. It worked!!

Writing: I used Ielts Liz. I printed transcribed texts from her lesson on basic writing tips for Task 1 and 2 as well as free sample essays and letters she had on her website.
I also used Jay's writing video on the use of variety of sentences: complex, passive, question etc.

I would seriously not advise this. The listening test requires concentration and minimal distraction. In trying to scribble down the audio you may miss the answers. This was my experience when I tried this method during my practice.

To do this in the exam, I counsel that you must have perfected this strategy and be comfortable with it during practice.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellville: 7:58am On Feb 22, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Congratulations, guessed u wrote in abuja
thanks. Wrote in lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toocute4uall(f): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2019
Pls my seniors in the house help a sister
I took computer based ielts on the 7th of Feb and till date i have not been able view my result online even though we were told result would be out in 7days i have sent emails and no response till date.
Any advice on what to do would be helpfu
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oben209(f): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2019
Hello house , please can i apply for remark for speaking, I didn’t get my score in speaking and writing , so I wanna remark both .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Orlarshaynee: 8:23am On Feb 22, 2019
Did you fill a form to adjust your name if it was different from what was on your passport?
Queencyco:

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by oneah(m): 8:37am On Feb 22, 2019
Josefuadjr:

Will upload details later. I asked few question here in d process.
Thanks to you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josefuadjr: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2019
oneah:

Will upload details later. I asked few question here in d process.
Thanks to you all

We dey wait
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by happyme31: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2019
jjohndoe83:

I would seriously not advise this. The listening test requires concentration and minimal distraction. In trying to scribble down the audio you may miss the answers. This was my experience when I tried this method during my practice.

To do this in the exam, I counsel that you must have perfected this strategy and be comfortable with it during practice.

You aren't scribbling down everything you hear, more like keywords, and this is mostly for part 3.
Lots of concentration and multi tasking is needed to achieve this.

Then again, that's the point of practice, before writing Ielts.

While studying, you simply see what works or doesn't. I wouldn't dismiss any technique without first trying it out.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2019
When are u writing.??.i booked for march 23rd. Please i ll like to join any whatsapp group available too. Thanks
AdetonaDami:

Please is there whatsApp group for IELTS for those preparing cos I'm writing soon or prolly materials you used. Please help!! thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by slydog(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2019
Orlarshaynee:
Did you fill a form to adjust your name if it was different from what was on your passport?

I wrote in PH, BC on the 9th, still can't check my result. Am I doing something wrong?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by happyme31: 8:47am On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=wasseynewest post=75982311]We have been doing this by the side and God has been working wonders for our students.

Kudos Wasseynewest
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gtessy: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2019
rchilee:

I applied to their province and included my EE profile number(expired now).
Of course, I am comfortable,I have been waiting for an invitation since. Just wanted someone who has gone through PEI to guide me. Thank you

Please can you let me know the process of applying to their province. I don't mind going for PEI PNP. Do they have specific NOC they pick? Can you assist in guiding me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.