Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857275 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 11, 2019
wasseynewest:
LONGEST POST ALERT...........

With Passports already at the VFS office, we have started packing to land "VERY HARD" in CANADA already.

In the end, ONLY GOD MADE IT POSSIBLE.

Congratulations brother! I wish you unlimited success in Canny land.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Newmum0615: 3:54am On Apr 11, 2019
Nice. A big congratulations to you and iyawo.
wasseynewest:
LONGEST POST ALERT...........PPR GIST PART2 grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Olaneeran: 4:18am On Apr 11, 2019
Please, I sent you an email. I'm currently processing LASU transcript.

yemblaze:
Hello e-fam,

In the spirit of giving back to this beautiful fam....anyone who needs help with processing of transcript and verification from Lagos State University should PM muah...(only LASU ooo) grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Newmum0615: 4:31am On Apr 11, 2019
@joo2018 how far? E don show?I came to check up and say congratulations to you. If you want, I can help you storm IRCC office and show them small craze. What are they holding your PPR for?

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 5:17am On Apr 11, 2019
Industrialist:
I worked for 2 years with a start-up at the time as a pioneer staff. We were paid in cash. What to do with regards to reference letter?
When you're collecting your Reference letter from the start up, ask them to include in the letter that you were paid in cash. If you have the pay slips, add them buttress your claim.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by slydog(m): 5:39am On Apr 11, 2019
[quote author=Yakay post=77438501][/quote]

Hi, how long does it take medicals & police report to expire?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 5:56am On Apr 11, 2019
slydog:

Hi, how long does it take medicals & police report to expire?
Medicals expires in one year, Police report from any other country is valid as long as you haven't stepped into the said country again.
Nigerian Police report shouldn't be more than 3 months before AOR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DboyizGood(m): 5:58am On Apr 11, 2019
What could be the reason for someone who submitted a single application being charged biometrics for two persons.

Anyone with inputs. Just mention me in your response.

Thankyou
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DeeHoney123: 6:37am On Apr 11, 2019
Good morning everyone. I’m very new to nairaland but I was asked to join so as to get the right information about Canada express entry application process. I’m glad to be here in the midst of great minds.

I submitted my documents in Oct 2018, my passport validity at the time was 9months, when I didn’t hear from them in April which would make it 6months, I raised a CSE. In the CSE, I uploaded my new passport showing validity till 2024. Then I got an email saying I should send the famous 5, (pay slips, POF, schedule A, additional family info and statement of account). I’m working on getting these already.

My concern now is this- I’m a medical doctor, As at the time I applied in October, I was working at a private hospital but I quit the job in February 2019 so I could have time to study for Exams. In order to make money and feed myself, I work as a realtor part time, I’m asking if I should include this in the letter of explanation that I plan to attach to these famous 5 documents. Especially because working as a doctor and being a realtor are different. I have 2years and 5months full time work experience as a doctor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Industrialist: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2019
kingspaco:

When you're collecting your Reference letter from the start up, ask them to include in the letter that you were paid in cash. If you have the pay slips, add them buttress your claim.

Thank you kingspaco
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:02am On Apr 11, 2019
DboyizGood:
What could be the reason for someone who submitted a single application being charged biometrics for two persons.

Anyone with inputs. Just mention me in your response.

Thankyou
The other one is for your spirit wife report it to technical support

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2019
DeeHoney123:
Good morning everyone. I’m very new to nairaland but I was asked to join so as to get the right information about Canada express entry application process. I’m glad to be here in the midst of great minds.

I submitted my documents in Oct 2018, my passport validity at the time was 9months, when I didn’t hear from them in April which would make it 6months, I raised a CSE. In the CSE, I uploaded my new passport showing validity till 2024. Then I got an email saying I should send the famous 5, (pay slips, POF, schedule A, additional family info and statement of account). I’m working on getting these already.

My concern now is this- I’m a medical doctor, As at the time I applied in October, I was working at a private hospital but I quit the job in February 2019 so I could have time to study for Exams. In order to make money and feed myself, I work as a realtor part time, I’m asking if I should include this in the letter of explanation that I plan to attach to these famous 5 documents. Especially because working as a doctor and being a realtor are different. I have 2years and 5months full time work experience as a doctor
Did you start the realtor work after AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wasseynewest: 7:05am On Apr 11, 2019
I "dobale(prostrate)" & say thank you ma. Saying you've been a source of help & motivation will be an understatement. You are a LEGEND grin
Newmum0615:
Nice. A big congratulations to you and iyawo.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DeeHoney123: 7:09am On Apr 11, 2019
Yes. After I submitted PR application. Submitted in Oct 2018. Realtor In Feb

Ifeoma77:

Did you start the realtor work after AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2019
Good morning everyone
I just registered for my ielts exam slated to hold 27th of this month.
I am confused with the payment type, am I supposed to go to bank for the payment and also, which bank??
I thought I could just pay online but seems it isn't possible
Also what are the required documents to bring with me for the exam?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DrMrsCK: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2019
Millalorinzzz:
Good morning everyone
I just registered for my ielts exam slated to hold 27th of this month.
I am confused with the payment type, am I supposed to go to bank for the payment and also, which bank??
I thought I could just pay online but seems it isn't possible
Also what are the required documents to bring with me for the exam?
Thanks

It depends on whether it is BC or IDP.
For BC, you could do online transfer or raise a draft from any bank. But note that their online transfer may give issues.

For IDP, it is online transfer to a zenith bank account

Your passport is the document required for the exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MMADE(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2019
It's PPR, guys!!!

TIMELINE
IELTS 08-09-18
ITA 03-10-18
AOR 26-11-18
BIOM 04-01-19
ADR(IMM 5669). 04-01-19
BIOM Completed 07-01-19
MEP 07-01-19
GCMS REQUESTED 31-03-19
ADR(ADDRESS HIST) 04-04-19
PPR 11-04-19
VO: Ottawa
Family of 3

Full story coming soon.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Vancouver4(f): 7:45am On Apr 11, 2019
Someone wrote up there that PCC from Nigerian police must not be more than 3 months earlier. Is this true? I used to think it's 6 months?

Does anyone know anything about one visa agent known as VCAA? My friend seems to be under their spell.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2019
Good morning Fam.
hope we all woke up to a beautiful day.

congrats to all ppr clinchers . may canada favour you.

please, while getting reference letter, how do i go about the anual salary.

should i use the anual salary as at when employed or should i use the current anual salary.

employment letter carried my monthly salary. since then, i have been promoted once, and i have had an increament more than 7times,sometimes with very little difference.
should i state the anual salary as at when employed and and state current anual salary as well.

or will only current anual salary suffice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2019
DrMrsCK:

It depends on whether it is BC or IDP.
For BC, you could do online transfer or raise a draft from any bank. But note that their online transfer may give issues.

For IDP, it is online transfer to a zenith bank account

Your passport is the document required for the exam

Thank you, it is actually BC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadianjjc: 8:27am On Apr 11, 2019
kiari:
aww
send me a PM, i will would share my library with you.
let's work together so we can achieve your desired score.
Don't give up...

Please share with me too, thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2019
Sis,

E don reach to do that o. I don't know for dem. I will be much grateful. grin

This wait is.....killing.....me......softly...... cry. Doing my MAP only takes the edge off slightly.

How's Milton, newdad and the newkids? Looking forward to visiting you. When I come home.

Newmum0615:
@joo2018 how far? E don show?I came to check up and say congratulations to you. If you want, I can help you storm IRCC office and show them small craze. What are they holding your PPR for?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2019
Nigerian PCC is only valid for 3 months.

According to IRCC rules, the certicate must not be issued earlier than 6 months to your AOR for the country you are living in.

They both valid rules and in our case, the first supersedes the second.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Vancouver4:
Someone wrote up there that PCC from Nigerian police must not be more than 3 months earlier. Is this true? I used to think it's 6 months?

Does anyone know anything about one visa agent known as VCAA? My friend seems to be under their spell.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2019
Current annual salary.

chrisebsy:
Good morning Fam.
hope we all woke up to a beautiful day.

congrats to all ppr clinchers . may canada favour you.

please, while getting reference letter, how do i go about the anual salary.

should i use the anual salary as at when employed or should i use the current anual salary.

employment letter carried my monthly salary. since then, i have been promoted once, and i have had an increament more than 7times,sometimes with very little difference.
should i state the anual salary as at when employed and and state current anual salary as well.

or will only current anual salary suffice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2019
Congrats again. May you receive favour in your new home.

MMADE:
It's PPR, guys!!!

AOR 26-11-18
PPR 11-04-19
Full story coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by samsonedos: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2019
samsonedos:

God is faithful.....
I applied for EOR as advised and I did a rewrite on the 23rd march.
EOR: Not yet out
Rewrite: L-8.5 R-8.5 W-7 S-7.5.

IELTS cleared.
WES: Awaiting verification from university
ITA coming soon....

Finally, EOR is out...
Never give up.......
Old result: L-8.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7
Remarked Writing and Speaking
EOR: L-8.5 R-8.5 W-7 S-8

Am definitely going to use this result.

54 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by xcaper(m): 8:45am On Apr 11, 2019
Good morning all, please i need to get transcript from Kogi State University . Please anybody with link should indicate. I will do much appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 8:46am On Apr 11, 2019
joo2018:
Current annual salary.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 11, 2019
samsonedos:

Finally, EOR is out... Never give up....... Old result: L-8.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7 Remarked Writing and Speaking EOR: L-8.5 R-8.5 W-7 S-8
Am definitely going to use this result.
Dash me one result na
Double congratulations btw

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 8:50am On Apr 11, 2019
another quick one,

can a director from a different department sign the reference letter. for example ,

presently in admin department

signed by director training deprtment
with his number/company card.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2019
DeeHoney123:
Yes. After I submitted PR application. Submitted in Oct 2018. Realtor In Feb

Then yes, you should mention it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Pegzzyg(f): 8:53am On Apr 11, 2019
cry cry cry cry wink Its actually tears of Joy! Go & Prosper......... You'll make a fine friend 4 my Hubby (doesn't keep friends), I hope to connect with you & family someday for that Canny. Greetings to Madam from your serious Student grin
wasseynewest:
LONGEST POST ALERT...........PPR GIST PART2 grin

Thanks my "DESTINAMBARI" for the Part1 of our story. Am glad i finally convinced you to come out of that shell.
Boss Ifeoma, if you looking for your number one fan, it's xplorezee i tell youuuuuu! grin

Ok my people, this is the REMIX..........

Decision to travel has been since after my OND days. Actually delayed HND for few years as man had to hustle. This was born out of the advise from one of my lecturers back in 2005 at MAPOLY, that as a prospective Engineer, it's really important one go in search of core practical experience. And today, i thank God i followed the beautiful and life saving advise. More so, I have always learnt from my DAD that a man needs to be self sufficient.The support of the wifey should only be an added point cheesy.
This two reasons really made me work hard to gain experience and at the same time gather some funds.
Fast forward to 2009 while i was contemplating on going for my HND, i actually calculated how much i have been able to save and decided to give YANKEE a try. I contacted some folks i believed could help but they all turned me down one by one.
Without wasting much time, i enrolled for my HND and continued working by the side. After completion of my HND+NYSC in 2012, I decided to reawaken the Yankee dream in me once again. With more links to the Creme de la Creme people, surprisingly, they all turned me down one after another despite having my fund to finance myself o! #WinkedWorld
It was here i forgo the dream and face naija hustling reloaded. With much experience in the bags already, i was changing one job for another in the Engineering/Telecomm Sector, not even the B.sc/M.sc holders could compete with me at interviews. But sincerely, i kept on thinking and reevaluating my OBODOYIBO dream because i saw a lot in the line of duty. Toured all the states in the entire Naija since 2009 but the merciful God has really protected me from some horrible accidents. Talk of Bike, Buses, Luxirous(Ezenwata, Agborfure and co.) etc, the nature of my job is one that exposed me to all this things. Likewise, the struggle for survival never seem to END.
2014 came and this boy decided to get married to Ma'am xplorezee wink.
My Golden Son arrived in 2015 and from the moment I saw him at the hospital, I just knew my boy & family doesn't deserve a life in Naija. The thing wey my wife eye see for labour room na him dey go for front so grin.
Codedly & Calculatively, I began to restrategise again. Found out about YANKEE Visa interview and noticed that we were gonna be qualified with luck on our side. Talk of the conditions such as home ties, savings etc, I have got it all. But one thing lead to another, the urge never materialise.

Fast forward to Feb. 2018, I was strolling on my FB page when I saw the status of my Surest BOSS from my former coy i had worked in 2016. He is "ebho" here on NL with the fastest PPR record ever liveth grin(i believe) The Holy Ghost just shine my eyes onto his DP & I observed that his Profile Picture no be for here. I clicked on his profile and voila, it reads Winnipeg, Manitoba. I buzz him immediately and my boss that never disappoints answered sharperly. I inquire about how he take do am and it was there he told me about Canada Express Entry.
See me see as I almost hit myself say where i dey since, but don't mind me, like have said, i was busy raking in Millions for Companys with peanuts in return as salary. Na so man begin with d mysterious & adventurous journey to Canny LAND

ECA: This was already set since July 2018. We used WES and thankfully, all this WAEC brouhaha hasn't started at the time. Transcripts processing were also easy 'cos being a popular figure Faculty Treasurer(OND) and Faculty President(HND), I was still recognised and had a breeze smiley

Oct.27th '18: Aced IELTS on the 6th attempt. Wifey too wrote 4 times. I would say two or three major factors contributed to this. One was the believe that wifey would be the suitable Pry. Applicant due to her B.sc, hence my refusal to properly read, we were also looking at the PNP route at the time. So, I was just doing it for fun. ECA outcome came in after our 4th attempts and our eyes opened when we saw that with my WES conversion as 2 or more certs, CRS would be dancing between 441-450 with me as the P.A depending on IELTS. Na so i tell Madam say it's time to rest while i take charge. I took it the 5th time after thorough preparation but my overconfidence in "READING(my favourite)" earned me 6.5. I actually finished in 45mins but was just thinking about WRITING instead of make good use of the 15minutes left to go through my answers.
I immediately Reload and Refire in the next test of Oct.27th & had LRSW 8.5,7,7,7. CRS come siddon jejely for 444 grin.

MEDICALS: This was done UPFRONT in Nov.2018 at Q-Life. It was quite smooth as we got to V.I around 5:30am. Fnished well on time around 10:30am and had our PCC on same day with Inspector Moshood.

POF: Was also a breeze, as IELTS between myself & wifey don cost me about 1M+ coupled with some other unprofitable business i had dabbled into; I reached out to my Uncle in the U.S and he gracefully sent me some solid funds with gift deed. Another jolly childhood friend of mine also supported with some substantial amount.

REFERENCE LETTER: Was from my Supervisor on a plain paper, not notarized while i only attached his ID card. 6months payslips and printed Statement of Account. My Employment and Promotion letters were also inclusive while i had 2 NOCs.
COPR passports was at the famous Studio24.

ITA: Dived into the pool with a CRS of 444 in Nov 2018. Na here another hypertension start. Draws that were dancing btw 440 & 442 before we entered pool o, na so CRS shoot to 449 & 445 in two consecutive draws. Omo! See fear!
ITA finally landed gidigba on Dec.19th with CRS cut off 439 for the day. I carry many lucky people for back on this day grin.

AOR: Packaged all IRCC requirements and send am back to them on Dec.27th and got AOR. RPRF was also paid. No dulling at all as all documents don even ready since JUNE(lol).

MEP/BIL: Came in on Feb.7th 2019 and was done on the same day at VFS Lekki. After this, we were becoming restless awaiting PPR.

On Feb26th: My wife has been saying all day that "PPR must show today after another boss of mine in my current company got his PPR days earlier. At around 11:30pm while still busy with my second family(IELTS CLASS), na so the IRCC mail dropped o! Na him I said, "darling it's like he don show o".
We logged into our account with SPEED and unfortunately, it was an ADR(lol). The request was for why there was a difference in my name on my Boys birth certs and that of my Credentials. My people, this ADR na because of WASIU(present in all my official docs.)and ABDUL WASIU(on my Sons birth certificate o). So please, let's be careful.
Na so my wifey sprang the surprise by bringing out our Wedding Invitation of five(5) yrs ago. My God! I fear women that day 'cos i never believed she kept that single copy all along.
Low & behold! My name was written Abdul Wasiu on it and na so we scanned and write fews words join. We made it "back to sender" that same night smiley.
Adebee dear, i thank you once again for your assistance on this night too. We began to wait again, especially as people were saying don't worry, your PPR will land in three days once they have verified the ADR response. Sleepless nights come start. Will finish with my IELTS people around 11pm and still wake up like 3x in between till day break to check for the Golden Mail. No be small thing at all.

March.29th: After vivi844's comment here on NL on d 28th, wifey decided to call IRCC on d 29th and we received yet another shocking news. The lady that answered said our PPR mail has been sent since March7th and we should have received it since then. We told her we received no such mail at all. Me that i have been checking my mail in & out(Spam o, Important o, Thrash o and even inside my phone jacket to see if he dey hide for there) every blessed day since the day we submitted their ADR. She assured us that she will contact the office in charge to issue us another one.
My people, na this particular waiting period come worse pass. In fact he for better if the lady hadn't told us anything like that. I begin to make a list of the people i have told about this to reason if any Village Pelson dey among them grin. Wifey was restless, Me the hubby was sleepless. Na so so checking of Inbox every hour for our Miracle Mail. At some point, i be dey think say whether na my IELTS Students take juju hold the thing say if wasseynewest don get PPR, it's bye-bye to tutorials grin.
We sent IRCC mail, Ralph goodale no carry last and also raised CSE. Two days after, CSE replied and add salt to our injury. Their mail reads we should wait till April 28th and contact them again if we no see anything. Chai! Which kin tin be this Fada Lord!
At this stage, wifey and i have zeroed our mind to the 28th and we were really getting over it.

On April9th: It was around 4:15am when i go "weewee", na him i just said make i check if my phone dey charge as the charger too don contact the IRCC virus and do misbehave at times. I looked at it, saw it's charging and was about to drop it na him i see the google mail alert. Honestly, I wasn't thinking about PPR cos i do wake up to like 5 mails daily. Na so the Holy Spirit told me to check and see the Joy that await my FAMILY. I opened true true only to see the IRCC mail. At that moment, my breath seized for a second for fear of another ADR. Again, the PPR mail wasn't on my mind at all. I summoned the courage and opened the mail. Wawuuuuuu!!! Finally, the Eagle has landed for my domot. I couldn't scream, I was speechless, I just smiled and whispered to the heaven & said "ALHAMDULILAH, God, you finally did this". Went straight up to Madam for room and said, "No shout o. It's like the Mail has entered. She replied asking me to "Say Walahi". I showed the mail to her and the feeling was like that of the very first time i met her at IKOTUN Bus Stop. She smiled at me like it was the very first day she said "Yes" to my toasting........ grin

With Passports already at the VFS office, we have started packing to land "VERY HARD" in CANADA already.

In the end, ONLY GOD MADE IT POSSIBLE.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.