Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859303 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DrMrsCK: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations to all the PPR clinchers. We patiently await ours.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
ainatutu:
Hello guys, please this is my question as i am a bit confused.

1) Since it is a digital photo, do we need to provide backpage of the photo where we are asked to put the photographer's address or stamp and also our name?

No. That requirement is for COPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ramj: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
sharon2015:

Please this one also is my NYSC job description. I can't find a NOC that fit this my JD

Job title : Nursery class assistant Teacher

organizing fun and educational activities, serving meals, supervising children during play, collaborating with staff members, and attending children in distress.

Monitor all children and infants' behavior and activities ensuring their health and safety at all times.

Change children and babies' clothes as needed to ensure their comfort and personal hygiene.

Ensure that activities are geared to each child with concerns for their special

Build and maintain effective and positive relationships with parents

organising and supervising play and work activities (for example reading, poem, dancing etc)

maintaining attendance records.

Please help me out my E-family. God bless you All.

4214 Early childhood educators and assistants

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4214&ver=16

Je m'appelle NOC

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
Vancouver4:

Awsssh.... my 7k is about to go down the drain
it is gone actually
go and meet inspector moshood bargain well with him ooo max of 5K should solve it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
Tosaned:
Gather around my people.... It's COPR!!!!!!!

I have to mention @newmum0615, she is the real MVP. God bless you immensely. She helped with NOC because I picked the wrong one, tweaked every and without knowing me from Adam. I don't know how she does it but May Grace and Favor speak for you and yours. May your seeds be great and might forever... You are one in a billion.

The wait was horrible, I would like to say I waited with Grace but that would be a lie. There was a lot of tantrums and God whys! I didn't experience any delay during the verification/IELTS process but I learnt patience after AOR. My profile didn't change till the 18th of March when I woke up to the PPR Mail. then I logged into my account and saw: We are processing your background.. I looked at my phone, called hubby and went back to bed. I woke up and saw that some other people got PPR mail that same day but the worry and anxiety have robbed me of excitement. But now, ayam excited!

For two major life projects that I have done in my life, Nairaland has helped immensely, I hope Seun Osewa is immensely proud of what he has achieved and the fact that this forum hasn't been sold yet is a testimony to the fact that the guy is a real MVP, God bless you lots..

To anyone and everyone on this journey, I wish you God's speed, Favor, Grace and Patience...

@ifeoma, @wassey @joo2018 all you guys making greatness common on this thread, I appreciate you all, God bless you loads
Congratulations ma'am, thank God for your testimonies. May it only get better from here. @newmum0615, you are a pacesetter and may God continue to bless you for us, imagine o, she has graduated to the sister thread since o but she is still being of immense help to us on here. There is hardly a ppr script without her being mentioned �. @ladymarshall, no be your week to mark PPR script be this?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rs172(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yes boss. Sure, you have sent your certificate to WES, your school will send your transcripts to WES. WES will communicate to you through your email and/or WES account.

Thanks sir..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
ainatutu:
Hello guys, please this is my question as i am a bit confused.

1) Since it is a digital photo, do we need to provide backpage of the photo where we are asked to put the photographer's address or stamp and also our name?

Not needed now. You'll submit this after you get your PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rs172(m): 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
kingspaco:

WES will update your account when they receive your documents. All you need to do is to be checking your WES account to see if there is any update.

Remember to make use of your WES Reference number when you contact your school for your transcript.

Yeah, sure..

Thanks sir..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Your NYSC JD best fits with NOC 4214 (Early childhood educators and assistants). This is skill level B, so you're fine with this.

God bless you more Boss, Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Hmm. Unfortunately, both NOCs 6521 and 6523 are in the NOC C skill type. To be eligible for the Federal Skilled Workers stream, your work experience must be in skill type 0, A or B.

That means no need for the reference letter, since I can't use it for the express entry or to claim point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Tosaned: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Birthday gift indeed. Plenty congrats Tosaned.

Thank you Topsmamen. How is Ifeoma? grin wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
DrMrsCK:

How does abandoning medicine or not concern CIC?

@DrMrs, all I am saying is that if he will be writing an LOE stating his resignation from his job, he could give them more detail that his need to concentrate on the exams is the core reason and he will get back to practicing afterwards. I am just stating the above because as I am come to learn on this thread that it do be better to leave no stones unturned when passing any message across to the V.O. I stated it the way I did because I was trying to summarise. Apologies is you misconstrued the statement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Snillous(m): 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
Tosaned:
Gather around my people.... It's COPR!!!!!!!

I know, I know, I should have announced PPR but when I got the golden mail, I wasn't as excited as I thought I would be because of the 'long wait'. But I am thankful and grateful that it is ending in praise!!!

Novel alert, please skip and then skip some more to the timeline:

My Canadian journey started way back in 2011 when Canada application was still via the paper route. I wanted to relocate but my then fiancée wasn't interested and my father wasn't going to finance my Canadian dream if my fiancée wasn't on board with the relocation plan. I was heartbroken but I guess my dad wanted me to get married less I become an old maid **insert eye roll here** So while Canadian dream kaput, The then fiancee wanted us to both register for a Masters degree. We both did, wrote the exams, I passed, he failed. I started the Masters programme, started planning the wedding and I opted out of the whole thing two months before the wedding.... This will be a sequel.. Moving on...

While running the Masters, I got married, loving my career, got pregnant and I saw the inadequacy of the Nigerian health care system. My 7 weeks old baby was almost aborted at L****n hospital because I was spotting and the doctor concluded it was a miscarriage without a scan. Using Just a speculum, he said he saw the baby hence evacuation straight! We had paid for the evacuation, waiting for an available operating room when my husband randomly asked if they did a scan. I said No, he asked why, we were told the hospital doesn't do scans on that particular day, my husband was livid. He insisted we had to do a scan before the surgery and the hospital gave us a scan centre like 35 minutes drive away. Hubby didn't mind, I was bundled into the car with drips and all to go do a scan and lo and behold, It was the baby's heart beat.. It was just a threatened abortion.. We went back to the hospital and give them the results and strangely enough none of the doctors were available, even the medical director that told me to accept God's plan that my baby was dead! So give us our money back, na lie o, we had to wait for weeks to get a refund! My people shine your eyes o!

So I though L*****n was rubbish, moved to R********n, I loved the service until delivery when everything started turningoninown and it led to emergency CS. I had to wait for like an hour to get epidural while they look for a particular size of needle to give me epidural meanwhile after 24 hours of Labor, baby's heart beat was already failing.. My people, my eyes have seen!!!! Lol!

After all these, I told hubby we needed to leave, that was 2012 but he believed in the dream that was Nigeria. Our friends, colleagues and neighbors were leaving but still, he believed. 4 years later to second baby, I told him I am not going through all the Nigerian hospital drama again, he agreed and we decided to go have the baby in the US. I started my research and stumbled on Nairaland. The givingbirthintheusa thread. By the way, I was TLKMama on that thread. Before then US wasn't even a country I was interested in as I was a 'UK Person'. US was too far and I hate flying. Siblings and friends were all in the UK but I wanted citizenship if we were going to spend all that money, Nairaland came through... I got back and decided I have had it with Naija. But then promotions came for hubby and I, things got better and we fell for it so the idea to relocate was shelved again.

January 2018, I just got tired of Nigeria, everything was still going on well but I saw the handwriting on the wall. Before things would get better, it's likely to get much worse and I don't want to be around to witness that. I discussed with hubby and we decided the kids and I go while he will be visiting and maintain his PR.

WES
Hubby and I started in March. His UI, mine Unilag and God used people for us. Divine favor from transcript to verification. I used statement of result with Wes and by June we were done.

IELTS
Eh, yours truly was principal applicant. First result was village people things LRSW was 8,8,8,6 in May. EOR with BC, writing was upgraded to 7 after 2-3weeks. Registered for another IELTS before the result of the first EOR was due. Second IELTS was 9, 9, 8, 6.5. with BC in June. Another EOR upgraded my writing to 7. Hubby gave me max points for IELTS and degree. For speaking, I practiced questions from Liz ielts, writing was Jay the first time, LIZ paid classes the second time. Reading, didn't practice at all. Listening, IELTS page on YouTube and minieilts.com

I didn't wait for the 2nd EOR as I wanted to enter the pool before the 2nd July 2018 draw so used the first IELTS result. Entered the pool July 23rd and got ITA July 24th.

Proof of funds
Proof of funds was in my name and my account. Used naira and USD. Banks didn't give me the letters in teh CIC format so I attached 6 months statements

Reference letters
I used one reference letters for 2 job roles that have the same NOC from previous employment as I didn't want my current colleagues to know I am relocating. Thank you for this @newmum0615

OTHERS
Medicals was straightforward, we used Q-Life. Inspector Moshood for PC.

I have to mention @newmum0615, she is the real MVP. God bless you immensely. She helped with NOC because I picked the wrong one, tweaked every and without knowing me from Adam. I don't know how she does it but May Grace and Favor speak for you and yours. May your seeds be great and might forever... You are one in a billion.

TIMELINE
ITA: July 24th, 2018
AOR: 18th August, 2018
BIO: 24th September, 2018
MEP: 24th September, 2018
PPR: 18th March, 2019
SUBMITTED PASSPORTS AT VFS: 20th March, 2019
COPR: 8th April, 2019, in time for my birthday on the 12th.

The wait was horrible, I would like to say I waited with Grace but that would be a lie. There was a lot of tantrums and God whys! I didn't experience any delay during the verification/IELTS process but I learnt patience after AOR. My profile didn't change till the 18th of March when I woke up to the PPR Mail. then I logged into my account and saw: We are processing your background.. I looked at my phone, called hubby and went back to bed. I woke up and saw that some other people got PPR mail that same day but the worry and anxiety have robbed me of excitement. But now, ayam excited!

For two major life projects that I have done in my life, Nairaland has helped immensely, I hope Seun Osewa is immensely proud of what he has achieved and the fact that this forum hasn't been sold yet is a testimony to the fact that the guy is a real MVP, God bless you lots..

To anyone and everyone on this journey, I wish you God's speed, Favor, Grace and Patience...

@ifeoma, @wassey @joo2018 all you guys making greatness common on this thread, I appreciate you all, God bless you loads

Congratulation, despite mine was visiting application. Via online route. I submitted July last year and still on process till date. I pray to God to make it end in praise. I tab from ur blessing. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FaskRolce: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
Congrats to you and your family. You deserve it. I remember the ielts materials you sent to me, they really helped. May favourably of God never depart from you. Go and prosper in Canny land.

wasseynewest:
LONGEST POST ALERT...........PPR GIST PART2 grin

Thanks my "DESTINAMBARI" for the Part1 of our story. Am glad i finally convinced you to come out of that shell.
Boss Ifeoma, if you looking for your number one fan, it's xplorezee i tell youuuuuu! grin

Ok my people, this is the REMIX..........

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ramj:

- Do you have church certificate - some have used it.

- Biometrics can be done separately

Je m'appelle Ramj

Ok, thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
iaatmguy:
4214 EARLY CHILD EDUCATOR check it out

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FaskRolce: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Lmao! Worry no more my sister. I have confused them. Let them try again. They will meet Page 1 of this thread grin grin
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Hmm. Unfortunately, both NOCs 6521 and 6523 are in the NOC C skill type. To be eligible for the Federal Skilled Workers stream, your work experience must be in skill type 0, A or B.

Or can I use the NOC 4214 as my primary Noc and then Noc 6521 or 6523 to make it 3years since I have up-to 2years experience in Noc 6521. Or I should use only my NYSC experience which is 1yr.

Please help me reason the above. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ramj:

4214 Early childhood educators and assistants

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4214&ver=16

Je m'appelle NOC

Thank you Boss

Je m'appelle I appreciate grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
sharon2015:

Or can I use the NOC 4214 as my primary Noc and then Noc 6521 or 6523 to make it 3years since I have up-to 2years experience in Noc 6521. Or I should use only my NYSC experience which is 1yr.

Please help me reason the above. Thank you

No, 6521 is under skill type C so you cannot claim points with it. You are expected to have at least one-year of full-time work experience in skill type 0, A or B. This means you can only use your 1-year NYSC experience (with NOC 4214).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
grin
DrMrsCK:
Congratulations to all the PPR clinchers. We patiently await ours. E be like say CIC never remember Nigerian February AOR crew
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Worldcitizen1: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
Big congrats to the PPR clinchers. I am new here and I need some advice on the best ECA to use for my BSC. I had used WES, the ECA report recognized my degree but states that it is from an unrecognized institution. I obtained this degree from a university in Benin Republic. Anyone have any advice on which I should go with? Someone suggested ICES. Who has used ICES? Do anyone know if they rejects schools too? Also, I am worried about using IQAS, though they don't reject schools as WES, their processing time is long. My IELTS expires this August and I really hope i can sort this out soonest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sharon2015: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

No, 6521 is under skill type C so you cannot claim points with it. You are expected to have at least one-year of full-time work experience in skill type 0, A or B. This means you can only use your 1-year NYSC experience (with NOC 4214).

Thanks so much.. I clearly understand well now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majjj: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
Such a hilarious story. Congrats once again,it has ended in praise.

wasseynewest:
LONGEST POST ALERT...........PPR GIST PART2 grin

Thanks my "DESTINAMBARI" for the Part1 of our story. Am glad i finally convinced you to come out of that shell.
Boss Ifeoma, if you looking for your number one fan, it's xplorezee i tell youuuuuu! grin

Ok my people, this is the REMIX..........

Decision to travel has been since after my OND days. Actually delayed HND for few years as man had to hustle. This was born out of the advise from one of my lecturers back in 2005 at MAPOLY, that as a prospective Engineer, it's really important one go in search of core practical experience. And today, i thank God i followed the beautiful and life saving advise. More so, I have always learnt from my DAD that a man needs to be self sufficient.The support of the wifey should only be an added point cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
Tosaned:

grin grin. She's leaving me for Canada soonembarassed cry sad

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Worldcitizen1:
Big congrats to the PPR clinchers. I am new here and I need some advice on the best ECA to use for my BSC. I had used WES, the ECA report recognized my degree but states that it is from an unrecognized institution. I obtained this degree from a university in Benin Republic. Anyone have any advice on which I should go with? Someone suggested ICES. Who has used ICES? Do anyone know if they rejects schools too? Also, I am worried about using IQAS, though they don't reject schools as WES, their processing time is long. My IELTS expires this August and I really hope i can sort this out soonest

Why not state the name of the school to see if you can find someone with a more specific response. Is the school accredited by the tertiary academic body in Benin Republic? If it is, is there evidence of the recognition? I am asking in case you face the same response from other ECA bodies. Maybe broaden your search to other forums as well, see if someone with a similar issue has applied or gotten PPR with this kind of ECA report. August is cutting it really close with your IELTS

Modified: see this thread from Canada visa forum

Says if it's from a 'non recognised' institution you can't use it to claim points for express entry. However there are some suggestions to try other bodies like IQAS to see if you'll get a different evaluation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fyorgyn: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
@Tosaned

Congrats ma'am and a very happy birthday to you grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fyorgyn: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Wasseynewest

Congrats my brother...

You and your wife made me smile reading your PPR story.

Waiting for our prof(s) to score you both...lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by packaging(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Senior members,

Please I need help regarding sending my b.tech and waec result to WES. I read some people talking about sending it along with there degree. Can you confirm to me if this is required. I'm at this stage now.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Congratulations ooo

We await the full PPR script... but manage this 3/10 in the meantime pending when you give us an updated script.

Go and prosper in your new land.

God bless!

Selzsky:

It’s PPR family!!!!!

IELTS April 21, 2018 (L=8.5, R=9, S=8, W=7—-BC
ECA - Ist week of May
CRS Score—-440
Entry into Pool: May 7, 2018
ITA —-Oct 15, 2018(Draw Score 440)
AOR —-Oct 20, 2018
MEP——Nov 21/22 (not too sure again)
Ghost update 1—-(2 days later)
Biometrics (Dec 3)
GCMS Order—-(March 8, 2019)—yet to receive it till date
2nd Ghost update (April 2)
RPRF request (April 3)
RPRF paid (April 6)
3rd Ghost/PPR (April cool
No ADRs
Visa Office —-Ottawa
Single Applicant

Main gist——wait for it cos it’s definitely coming !!!

Meanwhile, congrats to all PPR clinchers at this time

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Tosaned:

YOU MEAN ??....... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Genchem93: 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please I need help.. Have sent WAEC scratch card to WES twice now and after delaying my evaluation I just got a mail from them that they have not received it(after two attempts).. I would need advise on the best way to send the scratch card to WES so as to facilitate my evaluation.. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.