Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859348 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2019
bouqounmie:
VERY VERY LONG POST ALERT

I had been feeling down for a week and actually decided to type this on Monday as a therapy and put my PPR date as 10/04/2019 but hey what is one day? grin
I was jejely taking lunch this afternoon and my second son was fighting me for it, then i got an email alert, saw it was a "do not reply mail", omo, i no know when i drop the food o.
All in all, i am very grateful to God. 9months 18day wait was no joke but hey, the joy of PPR has overriden that. For everyone still expectant, may your joy be full and your expectation will not be cut off.

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry".

Wow Congrats. The 9 months wait has ended beautifully.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adunnee:
Chief linker! I hail o.

Haha! Adunnee. Congrats on your AOR sis.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please has anyone evaluated CIBN with WES or any other evaluation body? What was the report like?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
hipstar2:

Ye! I chose noc 6314. I hope I’m eligible? There are other noc I could hav chosen oh.... my chest

Lol. You're fine jor. NOC 6314 is skill type B.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
Another wonderful Sis from theGivingBirthIntheUSA thread!!!God is indeed opening our eyes to greater accomplishments! Congratulations darl! May Canada favour you and your family! We are right behind you!
bouqounmie:

I had been feeling down for a week and actually decided to type this on Monday as a therapy and put my PPR date as 10/04/2019 but hey what is one day? grin
I was jejely taking lunch this afternoon and my second son was fighting me for it, then i got an email alert, saw it was a "do not reply mail", omo, i no know when i drop the food o.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lmao!

@majamisile (don't leave me behindgrin), @Vancouver4, @Xclusivemaama: grin it's right there on page 1 o. Thanks to @joo2018.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rs172(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
Worldcitizen1:
Big congrats to the PPR clinchers. I am new here and I need some advice on the best ECA to use for my BSC. I had used WES, the ECA report recognized my degree but states that it is from an unrecognized institution. I obtained this degree from a university in Benin Republic. Anyone have any advice on which I should go with? Someone suggested ICES. Who has used ICES? Do anyone know if they rejects schools too? Also, I am worried about using IQAS, though they don't reject schools as WES, their processing time is long. My IELTS expires this August and I really hope i can sort this out soonest

Good evening Worldcitizen1, i just sent you a pm, I'll be happy if we can have a chat.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adunnee:

Chief linker! I hail o.
shhhhh!! Don't let smslive2 know that you have given his title to someone else

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by exquisef: 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
elfman is that u
majamisile:

I also can't but @joo2018 has updated the hall of fame on page one so I guess you should be able to get her moniker from there.

Edited: Apparently @Topsmamen has come through up there. Baba I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chrisdada16(f): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
topiredo:
The venue was Sunview hotel in Alagbaka.

Wow good to know did u use headset for the listening and how was it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
bouqounmie:

All in all, i am very grateful to God. 9months 18day wait was no will not tarry".
Congratulations Ma. May Canada favour you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by exquisef: 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hi

I don't know if you've gotten a response.

Did u update this information on your CIC Account

For you to get 600 points u need to update the part of the form asking if u have nomination... i might b wrong but that's what i think.. i doubt its instant...

i hope this made sense

bimmie85:
Hello everyone, please I need your help on what to do after nomination by SINP.

I got ITA for Express Entry Category on Nov 23, 2018, I submitted on Jan 14, 2019. My status changed to in process on Feb 27, 2019, and I was nominated on Mar 25, 2019.

Since then I have been checking my CIC account to see the 600 points or to accept the nomination, but nothing yet. Does anyone know what to do at this point? Or how long I need to wait or who to contact. I will appreciate your kind response. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stephanie09: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
bouqounmie:

All in all, i am very grateful to God. 9months 18day wait was no joke but hey, the joy of PPR has overriden that. For everyone still expectant, may your joy be full and your expectation will not be cut off.

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry".

Congratulations sis. It has ended in praise kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jenolyfavour: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello FAM, please is ICES evaluating WAEC now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Dannyko: 11:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Wow finally caught up with the thread after about 2 weeks hiatus.Reading about 90 pages since morning wasn't easy at all smiley.I congratulate all the PPR recipients in no particular order, our honorable PM @JustinTrudeau(it's been such a tenacious wait); @wasseynewest and wifey (xplorezee) you both are hilarious characters cheesy,what a comic relief!@Adeyemi24,@Livy2018, @Liz019,@babs9,@popsicle,@selzsky,@mmade,@Iamcoming,@bouqoumie and @Tosaned(COPR).Your stories were wonderful.May you all find favour in the maple land.
To all the ITA recipients and those who got their IELTS breakthroughs in the last 2 weeks,I rejoice with you all.

Hmmm planning after COPR is a big work o,God help me smiley.Don't know where to start packing from.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
exquisef:
elfman is that u

Not at all Sir. This is a silent reader just trying to find his voice grin . Don't we all miss elfman, he just went incognito on us and he was a great member of the thread prior to his Silence.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 12:05am On Apr 12, 2019
WaleCanada:
Hello Friends,

Been a little bit active via my other account, but I'll be very active with this one going forward. Big congratulations to the PPR clinchers. I can imagine how you feel. I pray i feel that way too soonest grin grin.

I'm here for this Journey. No going back. No retreat. It will definitely end in praise. Lots of unaswered questions - POF one of the. But i serve a Miracle working God; and He will miraculously raise it for me. I will refer to this post SOON and say "God finally did it".

Today i sent my Transcript to WES via DHL. Felt good about it. I'm making progress.

WAEC stuffs were sent yesterday through DHL, via a lady i met on this platform. She made the whole waec request and stuffs on my behalf as i am based far away from Lagos. I was a bit scared (Trust - as i've never met her) but it turned out good. God bless you dear.

I had earlier wrote my IELTS but was unlucky. scored:

Speaking......7.5
Reading........7.0
Writing.........7.0
Listening.......7.0 cry cry

Was a big blow as i understand i needed "8" in Listening. That was my first attempt, but i'll go for it again. God go do am.

In any case, wanted to announce my official arrival to this family. Wish me well, welcome me and take me as one of yours. Our story shall eventually end in Praise.

Welcome officially.

And thank you for trusting her. grin smiley

Your next Ielts will favour you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by babiechic: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2019
Dear All,

Please can I use French language as my first official language if I pass TEF exams(French language exams) more than IELTS. cos i'm thinking that will fetch me more points. i'm actually good in French

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:20am On Apr 12, 2019
Yes it has. Thank you so much kiss

Stephanie09:

Congratulations sis. It has ended in praise kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:21am On Apr 12, 2019
Amen. Thank you so much

kingspaco:

Congratulations Ma. May Canada favour you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:24am On Apr 12, 2019
Yes He is. Amen. Thank you so much. You're next to be celebrated. kiss

AzariahYaa:
Another wonderful Sis from theGivingBirthIntheUSA thread!!!God is indeed opening our eyes to greater accomplishments! Congratulations darl! May Canada favour you and your family! We are right behind you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:25am On Apr 12, 2019
So glad this phase is over. You're next in line. Thank you so much.

Topsmamen:

Wow Congrats. The 9 months wait has ended beautifully.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:28am On Apr 12, 2019
Yesso, bye bye to Halfusal but make dem pay our arrears sha. Thank you so much sis.
But wait first, where is my shekere now? embarassed cry

Ifeoma77:

Congratulations to your family!! No more Aregbe halfusal grin you are heading to a sane country!!!
Big big congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:29am On Apr 12, 2019
Thank you so much. I'm so grateful. May the Lord reward your labour of love.

joo2018:
Congrats to you. May your new home yield its increase to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 12:30am On Apr 12, 2019
Congrats on your ppr

bouqounmie:
So glad this phase is over. You're next in line. Thank you so much.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2019
WaleCanada:
Hello Friends,

Been a little bit active via my other account, but I'll be very active with this one going forward. Big congratulations to the PPR clinchers. I can imagine how you feel. I pray i feel that way too soonest grin grin.

I'm here for this Journey. No going back. No retreat. It will definitely end in praise. Lots of unaswered questions - POF one of the. But i serve a Miracle working God; and He will miraculously raise it for me. I will refer to this post SOON and say "God finally did it".

Today i sent my Transcript to WES via DHL. Felt good about it. I'm making progress.

WAEC stuffs were sent yesterday through DHL, via a lady i met on this platform. She made the whole waec request and stuffs on my behalf as i am based far away from Lagos. I was a bit scared (Trust - as i've never met her) but it turned out good. God bless you dear.

I had earlier wrote my IELTS but was unlucky. scored:

Speaking......7.5
Reading........7.0
Writing.........7.0
Listening.......7.0 cry cry
Kindly mention this person, so that others may patronize her. A trustworthy person on an online forum is gold o.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 12:54am On Apr 12, 2019
Thank you so much

Canadaforsure:
Congrats on your ppr

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ricoco: 1:02am On Apr 12, 2019
Good day fam,
I am a follower of this wonderful thread. I actually decided to focus on US for now.
I got admit and a full tuition waiver at the Northern Illinois University. I need to show a statement of account of 7m to get my I20.

Please pardon me if I derailed the thread ..
I need help .

Please my email is benz3n@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bimmie85: 1:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Hello,

No, I haven't updated the CIC Account. The instruction sent as part of the nomination says "The SINP will notify CIC that you and your accompanying family members have been nominated, and CIC will contact you through your CIC account." That's why I'm holding on, I have emailed SINP for clarification too.

Thank you.

exquisef:
Hi

I don't know if you've gotten a response.

Did u update this information on your CIC Account

For you to get 600 points u need to update the part of the form asking if u have nomination... i might b wrong but that's what i think.. i doubt its instant...

i hope this made sense

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by peek(f): 2:45am On Apr 12, 2019
Hi...congratulations.
Please what do you mean here:

Just as most people in AVO had thought especially PNP guys, that they couldn’t have gone through the long route (PNP...lots of IELTS etc) to have to a long wait at the

And which PNP did you apply

IAMCOMING:
It is PPR (in Nairaland slang)

My PPR Story

TIMELINE
ITA: July 25th, 2018
AOR: 30th July, 2018
MEP: 21st August, 2018
PPR: 10th April, 2019
My Birthday: 11 April

Thank you Lord …. I am so relieved and grateful to God for the release from AVO!!!!!*edited*

I wish I can write so succinctly as the likes of @newmum, @tojued et al and my hubby of course…I am grateful and relieved at last to be posting this write up that I whipped up on the 28 February 2019 after reading @tojued PPR story.

Our journey started way back in 2014 when my boss said to me ‘I think you guys (me and hubby) should try this Canada thing, I am not chasing you away o’. Incidentally someone we know in our church spoke about it with us saying his family is in Canada and he will join them soon. He sent some documents and links to read up about saying we can do the application by ourselves.

I looked through the documents and links he sent, and just thought this seems like plenty work and money o, Nigeria no chase us biko. We discarded the thought and process and went on with our lives.

Fast forward to 2016, after having my two children I thought let me pursue my masters and also give my children a better and sane living environment while hubby come visiting because we assumed that the PR process was out of our league since I no gree get my masters , I dey chase man and to born … To cut the long story short so I wouldn’t bore you guys the study route didn’t work out after using an agent and spending some cool cash that could have helped in the EE process.

By 2017 we re-visited the EE process and I took my time to study the process with the help of nairaland (see I be senior here since the part 2 **sigh**. But thanks God ‘oja sope las las’). We planned to go through Ontario PNP if the score does not come down again to 413 which our score would be if we both max out IELTS.

So I took my IELTS in May 2017 (L -8.5, R – 7.0, W – 7.0 , S -7.5)
Got my ECA in September 2017
Hubby maxed his IELTS in January 2018 – Can’t remember the exact scores
CRS score – 407 in January 2018

So we updated our EE profile to wait for Ontario that never came. By March I was already so disappointed and worried that would this Canada dream ever come true. Because I know by April our score will come to 402
I started scouting for other PNPs we could apply to and found Morden Manitoba. Applied and got invited for interview, had the interview in April while waiting for their feedback. NS opened on 28 April 2018, after almost 7 hours of trying we were able to submit our application (this was the highlight of our year)
Got nominated in July 2018 after over 2 month wait, during the wait got a positive response from Morden for an explorative visit but discarded it.

Nominated – 17 July 2018
Medicals – 23 July 2018
AOR – 30 July 2018 (made sure to submit to avoid biometrics)
MEP - 21 August 2018
THEN THE DEAFENING SILENCE!!!!

Just as most people in AVO had thought especially PNP guys, that they couldn’t have gone through the long route (PNP...lots of IELTS etc) to have to a long wait at the federal level again . I prayed for and believed for a speedy process and that by Dec 2018 everything would have be completed cool cool.

My gratitude to God is mainly on the fact that he kept us sane through the waiting period.

Thanks to this thread on Nairaland….I learnt 70% of what I know about the express entry on this thread. It wasn’t an easy journey but it has ended well.

So for those still at one stage or the other, keep faith alive, it will surely happen.

In the other news, we are selling our stuff at giveaway prices, if you are in Lagos and looking to buy something in that regards please pm.

Thank you guys for reading! (Typed on the 28th February, continued on 04 March 2019 in faith and finished 11 April 2019)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teepee4Him(m): 3:50am On Apr 12, 2019
Ricoco:
Good day fam,
I am a follower of this wonderful thread. I actually decided to focus on US for now.
I got admit and a full tuition waiver at the Northern Illinois University. I need to show a statement of account of 7m to get my I20.

Please pardon me if I derailed the thread ..
I need help .

Please my email is benz3n@gmail.com

If you got a full tuition waiver, you wouldn't need to show statement of account.. Confirm it's a full tuition waiver or an 'in-state' tuition waiver before making a decision..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 4:24am On Apr 12, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin Your sense humor does lift the spirit
Ifeoma77:

The other one is for your spirit wife report it to technical support

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.