Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857796 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mimikoko: 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
Congratulations to those who got PPR @tojued and @canadasGOAT. May Canada be favourable to you and yours.

My spouse and I are post ITA and we were expecting our biometrics request. Instead, we noticed that our profile changed showing different UCI numbers, with our old biometrics numbers(issued for previous Canadian tourist visa) with the biometrics date and expiration (10yrs). Has anyone experienced this before? I'm a bit surprised.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
After all my hustling and scrambling, I could only come up with 2.5M. Been so depressed after my ITA. In fact, I just declined the yeye ITA, because the more I was seeing the ITA, the more I was getting depressed. My CRS score of 465 affords me the luxury of declining ITAs sha.

I think of selling my car but that will only give me 700k at most. This thing just tire me. Make I dey look sha. If I nor see money, I may just end up chilling in Nigeria with Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
Wow!!! What an experience!

That was a great read.

I was so engulfed in the emotions encapsulated in those words.

You are truly the real MVP. To think that you had waited this long, especially with the dreaded AVO baffles me much.

I am sure you must have worried, bothered, lots of thoughts could have crept through your mind and so on.

...But thank God it has all ended in praise.

Thank you so much for sharing your PPR script with us. This would definitiely encourage someone out there.

I will rate you 9.9/10 for such a beautifully crafted PPR script.

You deserve all the accolades.

Go and prosper.

God bless you!

Bukzie:

OUR PPR JOURNEY……………So Sorry it’s a very long post. Please bear with me. I hope this encourages one or more people to keep pushing…….

I wish everyone who's still in the race, about starting or already a PR, God’s very best. Keep on moving…….

God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
Wow!!!!

Congratulations. This is great news.... and its worth celebrating.

Indeed its always a great relief when you surmount a limitation and achieve a new milestone.

People that get it once most times do not understand, value or appreciate how much blessings they have gotten.

Thank God that this phase has ended in praise.

I wish you a speedy PPR. Amen

DadR:
Jesus you are so good to me, in all circumstances (2ce), oh oh ohhhhhhhh

It’s…………………………………….not PPR yet, LOL, IT’S IELTS BREAKTHROUGH!!!

Started this journey since 2016 and joined the thread in Part 2 but with a different moniker though.

Please no mind my poor writing skills, na why I no score pass 7 in IELTS, LOL. shocked

Hakuna Matata

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by godG: 12:10am On Feb 28, 2019
Hi, good people. I have two questions please: can I apply for Nigeria's PCC by proxy (not currently in Nigeria)? If yes, could you please explain how to go about that? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Vancouver4(f): 12:12am On Feb 28, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
After all my hustling and scrambling, I could only come up with 2.5M. Been so depressed after my ITA. In fact, I just declined the yeye ITA, because the more I was seeing the ITA, the more I was getting depressed. My CRS score of 465 affords me the luxury of declining ITAs sha.

I think of selling my car but that will only give me 700k at most. This thing just tire me. Make I dey look sha. If I nor see money, I may just end up chilling in Nigeria with Buhari.

Ur last sentence got me laughing but I know it's a serious issue. In fact, in this journey IELTS and POF are the most difficult hurdle to cross... May u find help at this point of need!

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 12:15am On Feb 28, 2019
Take IELTS again..take your time to prepare very well for the exam. Dont rush it...All the best.
jargo192:
Hello Guys

Been reading for so long.

Just saw my IELTS first attempt. Result was bad. 7.5,6.5,6.5,6 . After inputting my data in the crs calculator, i got an ineligible message.

Now my moms cousin who is a citizen advised i can use her to claim family points as my aunty. Immediately i put that i was eligible because of the family tie. My CRS then boosted to 395, which is till very low from the trend.

Now my question is do i rewrite IELTS or go ahead and pray for a PNP nomination. ALso those who were PNP nominated how did you go about it because i see people writing this Exam so many times and it seems a stumbling block. Thou i would rewrite much later, what are my best chances. Please i would appreciate an experienced person to advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 12:25am On Feb 28, 2019
Topsmamen:

The problem is your listening in IELTS. You got a score of 7.5. You need at least an 8.

Don't think so. I got 7.5 too and I'm in the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TheEminentLaity: 12:29am On Feb 28, 2019
Thanks a lot grin I think the second option appears workable for me as I would be relocating later this year and likely won't be around to begin and follow through my PR from here.

Thanks again.
Jennypharb1:

This one is one chance o. She has to come back and pay groom price on your head before you can get PR now. grin I kid

In my opinion you have three options
- if you guys were to get married now, she can apply to add you to her application. A number of people have done it, some have gotten pr, others are still in the process

- However, since the application is already in progress, and a wedding is not possible for now, you may have to wait until you're legally married then she can sponsor your own application once hers is complete.

- Or you can take steps to start your own pr process from here

These are the options I can think about now, maybe more experienced peeps can weigh in
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 12:30am On Feb 28, 2019
Vancouver4:

Ur last sentence got me laughing but I know it's a serious issue. In fact, in this journey IELTS and POF are the most difficult hurdle to cross... May u find help at this point of need!

Amen o. Thanks for the encouragement. All the while, things had been going so smooth: IELTS 1st attempt (maximum CLB for all LRWS), ECA in 12 weeks, I even did PCC & medicals booked the day before. Just when I was to receive money from someone who promised to help, he declined. There is no truer saying than this: 'man proposes, God disposes.'

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kiari: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2019
And what is your current score?
princesschuks:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by tey4tobyy8005(f): 12:52am On Feb 28, 2019
Hi guys, please I want to know if 280 is okay in calculating POF conversion. Have used sites like Xe.com, Onda.com and the highest have seen is 278. Is this safe?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by godG: 1:00am On Feb 28, 2019
godG:
Hi, good people. I have two questions please: can I apply for Nigeria's PCC by proxy (not currently in Nigeria)? If yes, could you please explain how to go about that? Thank you.

Biko, help me na. �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zutlin: 1:07am On Feb 28, 2019
godG:

Yes you can apply by proxy - it's no big deal. I wanted to do for a friend once and all the police officer required was their finger prints on the form. I scanned the form to her. She was to print out, finger print and then scan back to me but she didn't need the PCC anymore. He was charging about 13k.

People are asleep now. I'm sure you'll get first-hand advice in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by godG: 1:15am On Feb 28, 2019
Zutlin:

Yes you can apply by proxy - it's no big deal. I wanted to do for a friend once and all the police officer required was their finger prints on the form. I scanned the form to her. She was to print out, finger print and then scan back to me but she didn't need the PCC anymore. He was charging about 13k.

People are asleep now. I'm sure you'll get first-hand advice in the morning.

Thanks, man! Really appreciate. True, people are sleeping. Let's hope I get more input in the morning. Thanks, again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sike(m): 1:19am On Feb 28, 2019
This year will be my year by God's grace.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 28, 2019
Vancouver4:

POF is a hurdle oh. May you be the help he needs.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 1:34am On Feb 28, 2019
Tojued:
Extremely long post alert. Please skip to the last line for a summary.

Fortunately, I typed this announcement on 30/10/2018, I’m sure the heavens were just looking at me and laughing. If na to type am now ginger no dey I for just drop timeline. But as e be I’ll simply edit what I have already.

All glory to God, all thanks to my real life family and friends, all appreciation to the elders, class prefects, onlookers, provokers, etc. on this thread. Gratitude is

Congrats o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 28, 2019
Jennypharb1:

This one is one chance o. She has to come back and pay groom price on your head before you can get PR now. grin I kid

In my opinion you have three options
- if you guys were to get married now, she can apply to add you to her application. A number of people have done it, some have gotten pr, others are still in the process

- However, since the application is already in progress, and a wedding is not possible for now, you may have to wait until you're legally married then she can sponsor your own application once hers is complete.

- Or you can take steps to start your own pr process from here

These are the options I can think about now, maybe more experienced peeps can weigh in
He said she go dey there get pr. With which visa? Make him find out, visiting visa wey them cut 6months give you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 1:42am On Feb 28, 2019
Erigo23:
PLS BC IELTS TAKERS IM TRYING TO VIEW MY RESULT AND THEY ARE ASKING FOR IELTS REFERNCE NUMBER PLS WHAT NUMBER IS THAT? Is that the Centre number? Or the number that has the (-) mark.

Use your passport number which usually starts with an alphabet

To Tojued & Bukzie, I say Congratulations!!! Your new home will favour you by God's grace.

My prayer goes to @ifeoma77, Wasseynewest, Ralph...., and many others that takes their time to respond to peoples questions on this thread, your success story is at the corner. Am waiting to celebrate you guys soonest.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chinnycliff2: 1:47am On Feb 28, 2019
Good morning all....I have a foreign PGD from the UK...pls can I send only the PGD for evaluation instead of adding both my bsc and waec? Somebody help pls. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 1:50am On Feb 28, 2019
chinnycliff2:
Good morning all....I have a foreign PGD from the UK...pls can I send only the PGD for evaluation instead of adding both my bsc and waec? Somebody help pls. Thanks all

Did you complete your first degree in Naija?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chinnycliff2: 1:54am On Feb 28, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]Yes I did....naija
haywhy80:

Did you complete your first degree in Naija?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 2:02am On Feb 28, 2019
Thanks so much, am grateful for the response.

Jennypharb1:

1. In this case, you only evaluate your highest degree which is the masters

2. Yes, WES now requires WAEC results to be sent to them but this only applies to degrees from Nigeria. Since yours is from the UK, it does not apply to you.

Yours should be a pretty straightforward process, that is make the payment and follow the procedure WES requires in getting your transcript from your UNI to them. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 2:34am On Feb 28, 2019
chinnycliff2:
[color=#770077][/color]Yes I did....naija

For 2 or more certificates, you will evaluate both PGD and BSc. WES would require WAEC evaluation reason being that you completed your first degree in Naija.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gabialonso(m): 2:38am On Feb 28, 2019
princesschuks:

You actually got into the pool with 7.5 in listening? I thought listening must be minimum 8 ??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gabialonso(m): 2:45am On Feb 28, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Amen o. Thanks for the encouragement. All the while, things had been going so smooth: IELTS 1st attempt (maximum CLB for all LRWS), ECA in 12 weeks, I even did PCC & medicals booked the day before. Just when I was to receive money from someone who promised to help, he declined. There is no truer saying than this: 'man proposes, God disposes.'
so pathetic.. Anyways, you still have your high CRS score as an advantage anytime

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by vcole: 5:31am On Feb 28, 2019
Congrats @Tojued! In my mind you were already in Canada oh!
Congrats @bukzie, what a ride!

@55emem55, check the answers you filled in your questionnaire. Specifically the question “how many years do you have in any of these professions” that comes after they mention and list out the trades occupations. If you filled any answer in that column, the system would assume that you should be in the federal skilled trades category and not FSW, hence rendering your profile ineligible.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by danianne: 5:32am On Feb 28, 2019
Yes. You will be able to scale through.

kfrosh:
Hi, please do you think CIMA is advisable for someone with an Engineering background. Will I be able to scale through with efficient self study and hard Work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by vcole: 5:36am On Feb 28, 2019
You can use both your housejob and nysc work experience, as long as you get a work reference letter from your employers and have additional evidence of employment such as employment letters, payslips, bank statements with salary deposits and so on. For nysc, a work reference letter from your ppa, proof of salary payments. You can opt to include a copy of your nysc posting letter if you have it. Basically, all evidence of your employment that you have would be beneficial.
nelronaldo:

How did you use your internship. With the internship, it will be more than two years.
Also, without NYC then it is 9 months. So the NYSC is important.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Temas: 5:45am On Feb 28, 2019
Its PPR...... gist coming soon!

36 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.