Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (858411 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zutlin: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2019
Jasmine17:

My only prayer for you is that your final application is not affected by your many ITAs decline.

Sometimes, just because you have a chance or loophole to do something doesn't mean you should do it out of control.

Each time you are issued ITA, parts of your profile is locked and i want to believe your details are stored somewhere not necessarily in the GCMS.

If i were to be the case analyst that will check you initial application and i notice you declined more than once, i will flag your application for all the necessary checks including security and terrorism.

By the time it takes 2years to process, others will learn from you.

This is uncalled for. Each person's journey is different. He clearly entered the pool believing POF will go according to his plan and so he kept getting ITA. I also had to decline an ITA and others have done so too. Luckily, you're not a case analysts and applications are not flagged for having declined ITAs.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2019
Akpasomething:
Long Post Alert!!!

I want to give God all the glory for his goodness and mercies.

Decision to migrate: 29th July, 2018. I have always known about express entry but I was never keen on it until 29th July, 2018. I got into an argument with a friend turned brother (Rijo) about it. He feels I'm not taking this opportunity now that I have the chance. As Luck will have it, I visited my big bro on the day and he inquired on why we were shouting over the phone. My brother encouraged me to give it a shot. And that was all the push I needed.

ECA Registered with WES on the same 29th July, applied for Unilag transcript on the same 29th July, 2018. ECA came back on October, 21st.

IELTS Registered with BC on 30th July, 2018. Sat for the exam on 8th September, 2018. Scores came back as LRWS: 8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5. I couldn't sleep that night.

Medicals Had my medicals on 24th September, 2018 at IOM Lagos.

PCC Inspector Moshood to the rescue. He sent it through courier.

ITA ITA finally came on the 29th of October, 2018. I was ready. Had all my documentations ready. I claimed points with my 1 year NYSC. POF was gift deed from my brother.

AOR Submitted my application on the 31st of October. But the AOR letter was dated 1st of November.

Then the wait started.

MEP came on the 29th November, gave my biometrics on the 30th.

Got married and informed CIC on the 3rd of January. I got ADR on the 7th. I submitted the ADR on 10th January. I need to point out here that my ADR was labelled Application Transferred. I paid little attention to that label until I raised CSE to submit updated POF.

The reply to the CSE confirmed that my application is in ACCRA!!!! I was shocked, Mad, Crazy, angry, surprised, devastated. Accra had a reputation. But my wife kept reassuring me that our case will be different. And that became our prayer point.

On the 6th of February, I got a. Notification that there's a message in my CIC account. I logged in to see an interview invite. I was invited to Accra for interview with my wife on the 19th February.

We started preparing with the help of the amazing people in my Accra WhatsApp group and November AOR group.

The interview went well, we spent less than 20 minutes in the interview. The interviewer ended the interview saying she'll send a request for wifey to do Biometrics.

The request came on the 20th. Wifey did the biometrics on the 20th. Then silence. I got worried. What if the interview didn't go well. What if there's something wrong?

On the 28th of February, 2019. The last day of the gracious month of February. I got a notification of a message in my account.. I got scared again.. PPR comes through email. What notification are they sending me in my CIC Account. Only to log in and see the PPR letter as a message in my CIC account.

My life just paused. I started feeling warm and cold at the same time. It was pure joy. Undisputed happiness.

I want to thank everyone especially @newmum, Dumprep, every member of the November AOR group, AVO group and the Interview Group. You guys are the Bomb.

To the people at different stages of the process, Keep faith, Trust the process and more importantly, Trust God.

Congratulations bro. Please what was the start date you filled on your Express entry form? The day camp started or the day you were accepted by your PPA?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mikedimeji(m): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2019
hipstar2:

Not them but these agents now use the same format.
You guys should go to the issuing office and demand to see the PCO let him tell you guys the state of your application. If truly there’s no booklet you will know.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MayoDebz(f): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2019
Please nairalanders I need help o.
cc Newmum0615 please I need your help
MayoDebz:
Hello everyone.
Please for those who done ECA or MCC verification from UNIZIK, how was the process? Did you have any issues. Is there a contact for MCC verification, share if you have.
Thank you people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2019
Jasmine17:
My only prayer for you is that your final application is not affected by your many ITAs decline.

Sometimes, just because you have a chance or loophole to do something doesn't mean you should do it out of control.

Each time you are issued ITA, parts of your profile is locked and i want to believe your details are stored somewhere not necessarily in the GCMS.

If i were to be the case analyst that will check you initial application and i notice you declined more than once, i will flag your application for all the necessary checks including security and terrorism.

Actually, declining ITA several times does not cause applications to be flagged. There can be changes in personal situations and even IRCC understands that.

In the ITA letter, it says - "If you decline this invitation, and you still meet the Express Entry criteria, your Express Entry profile will become active again. Your profile will remain valid until the original expiry date (i.e., the rest of the 365 days from that date of your original Express Entry submission) and will be considered for future rounds of invitation until that time.". Hell, I could decline as many times as I want to, if my situation warrants it. It doesn't say, "if you decline this invitation several times, your application will be flagged as a likely case of terrorism".

It also says "If, at the 60-day deadline, any of the supporting documentation and information is missing and you do not have a valid reason, your application will be rejected".. Wouldn't you rather decline the ITA than have your application rejected?

Edited:

@JohnnyBravo1990: I hope you'd be able to gather your POF in time. If you get ITA on March 6, hopefully, you'd have till May 5/6 to submit. I reckon that should give you ample time to complete it seeing as you're almost there. All the best.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 11:52am On Mar 03, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Use the credit card option. Then use your Nigerian debit MasterCard or Visa.

thanks so much
I just paid, but seems wes hasn't confirmed my payment after the initial "Payment Successful "
anytime I log in, it keeps saying payment pending
like am so confused right now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 11:54am On Mar 03, 2019
Olorunwasimi:
We use credit cards in Nigeria, many people have them. If you don’t have one, use your debit card (i.e ATM card). It will work just as well.

Funnily, I don't even know
how long does it take for Wes to confirm payment
I just paid but still saying payment pending
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Tojued: 11:55am On Mar 03, 2019
scorpio1:

Thanks @tojued
grin cheesy
Ipiakaziam gwogwo!

Lol you remind me of etrange. Very good sense of humour, thick skin, and ability to ask questions. All the best bro.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
Millalorinzzz:

thanks so much
I just paid, but seems wes hasn't confirmed my payment after the initial "Payment Successful "
anytime I log in, it keeps saying payment pending
like am so confused right now
Give it time. They'll update it tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mummychichi: 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

I declined because I am sure to get another ITA. Also, I wasn't sure of when I was going to complete my POF; even now, I am not 100% sure. From my knowledge, it is better you decline ITA than let the ITA expire; if your ITA expires, your profile will be scrapped, and you can run into trouble when you later apply.
I know myself; I may become nonchalant and forget the exact day my ITA would expire. I didn't want to take that chance, and so I declined quickly.
What I have resolved to do is this: for any ITA I get, I'll wait for 2-3 weeks, and if there is no hope of completing my POF soonest, I will decline. If my CRS was 450 or below I wouldn't decline so fast, but with CRS 465, I strongly believe I would always get the next ITA(so far I decline 24-48 hours before the next draw; that is the time, I think, it takes to get back into the pool whenever you decline an ITA.
Lastly, after I apply, if the visa officer requests for an explanation for my previous ITA declinations(which I doubt they would ask), I will gladly explain why I declined as thus: 'I was not sure of when I would complete my POF'.

So you'll continue declining ITA until POF is complete? You shouldn't have been in the pool from the get go.

What you should have done is, since your CRS is high enough to fetch ITA at anytime, wait till your POF is complete.

This might just be one of many reasons why the CRS cut off is high.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lol. I have not yet been deemed worthy to walk in @smslive2's path. grin
iaatmguy:
the baton has been passed to you grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by paintadvice: 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
Good morning e fam,

I appreciate the work that is being done here on a daily basis.may God bless us all and give us our heart desires

Please I need clarification.

My wife is the PA and we are post ITA. We claimed points for sibling relationship( My wife's brothers live in Canada). However whilst uploading the birth certificate of my wife for the first time in her life we discovered a name discrepancy. I.e. Priscillia instead if Priscilla (The difference is the "i" after the L). Do you think this will pose an issue and what steps can we take to resolve this. Please note that every other information including date of birth, first and second name as well s name of parents are correct.

Secondly, also on my wife's ECA. There was a comment "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above" and upon careful scrutinization of her waec result, we noticed that Priscilla was spelt as "Prisclla" (ommission of "i" after C) please what can we do.

All my wife's documents carry the name Priscilla. She Also has the GCE and Neco result that bears the accurate name. Can we update the waec result given to wes to ensure a change of name on the ECA. Also will this cause the present ECA to become null.

Our deadline for submission of ITA is in about 2 weeks

Dear house, your input/advice will be appreciated

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Give it time. They'll update it tomorrow
Oh really, thank you so so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
That is some absolute confidence you have. You know so much you can invalidate others' personal experiences. I've also been waiting for passport for my kid for a while.

If you have powerful contacts, maybe you can help those of waiting for passports.

mikedimeji:

That’s not true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Jasmine17:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Thank God you're not! I pray you're not ever in a position to decide people's fate, you'll be so mean and inconsiderate.
Someone is missing out on ITA each time he declines. Talking about inconsideration.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Swtibogirl88: 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
Congrats to all the ppr clinchers..... Tojued, Ramj and others.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by harry41: 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dear House,

Please I need your opinion on this.

I am almost 4 months Post AOR and I just started a new job. Do i inform CIC? Will informing them delay my application?

Your kind responses especially from the elders will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
Make sure it is notarized.

Adding an LOE or not and the contents is at your discretion.

shinefelicity:

Thank u... mgmt staff are but the problem is if I go through hrm, it will be documented & u know bureaucracy in government offices. So I ll use plain paper and attached employment contract etc... but what explanation do I give in my loe?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
paintadvice:
Good morning e fam,

I appreciate the work that is being done here on a daily basis.may God bless us all and give us our heart desires

My wife is the PA and we are post ITA. We claimed points for sibling relationship( My wife's brothers live in Canada). However whilst uploading the birth certificate of my wife for the first time in her life we discovered a name discrepancy. I.e. Priscillia instead if Priscilla (The difference is the "i" after the L). Do you think this will pose an issue and what steps can we take to resolve this. Please note that every other information including date of birth, first and second name as well s name of parents are correct.

Secondly, also on my wife's ECA. There was a comment "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above" and upon careful scrutinization of her waec result, we noticed that Priscilla was spelt as "Prisclla" (ommission of "i" after C) please what can we do.

All my wife's documents carry the name Priscilla. She Also has the GCE and Neco result that bears the accurate name. Can we update the waec result given to wes to ensure a change of name on the ECA. Also will this cause the present ECA to become null.

Thank you
In my opinion o, it doesn't matter. A simple LOE can be added to explain the BC issue as well as the ECA issue.
However, to give yourself peace, she should do an affidavit stating that Priscilla, Priscillia and Prisclla are one and the same person and that's it's just a spelling error.
It doesn't nullify her ECA, even they know that it's a spelling error. If the discrepancy was significant, they won't issue any ECA, her application would have been cancelled and money refunded.
Like I always say, these visa officers are not robots, they are human beings who understand that missing a letter in one out of three names is more likely a mistake than the possibility of it being another individual.
Please go ahead and submit your application and stop giving yourself HBP

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
I really don't get you.
Your statement of results states 2011. WES ECA states 2012. What does your actual degree certificate state?

Yureyes:
Good evening house.
Please I need some clarification.
Firstly, I finished university in 2011, as my statement of result indicates but I was awarded my degree in 2012; as a result, it is 2012 that is written on my WES ECA certificate. When filling the Express entry form, am I supposed to choose i finished or the year my certificate was awarded as my university end date?
Also I started working before my degree was awarded, wont that be a red flag on my work experience if I choose what's on the degree ?

In addition, I applied for the US non-immigrant Visa last year and used the year on my certificate as my year of graduation on the US online application, would choosing the year I actually finished ( the one on my statement of result) in the Express entry form be a problem? I heard both countries have access to each other's database, will choosing a different year now count as misrepresentation?

Please help a confused person.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by NeneSisi: 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
From the previous threads, I think a 'one and same person' affidavit should help. Be sure to include all the variants of her name in the affidavit

Maybe someone else with similar case can help?

paintadvice:
Good morning e fam,

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mikedimeji(m): 1:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
joo2018:
That is some absolute confidence you have. You know so much you can invalidate others' personal experiences. I've also been waiting for passport for my kid for a while.

If you have powerful contacts, maybe you can help those of waiting for passports.

Which of the passport office are you processing it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kfrosh: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
I'm wondering why most people here feel declining ITA several times is cool. I believe ITA should be declined only on extreme cases and this should be done a week to the expiry date of ITA.

If a lot of our predecessors have been declining ITAs like this, only God knows what the CRS cut off would be by now. We need to know that for one person that declines ITA, you deprived another person of getting ITA in that round of invitation. When more people do this, it creates a ripple effect.

ITA should only be declined when all available means have been exhausted and you can't meet up with the deadline not when you feel like.

If your score is above 460, there's no need to rush, get all necessary things you need before entering the pool.

Let's learn to make things easy for each other not hard.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
ontarioissauga:

Someone is missing out on ITA each time he declines. Talking about inconsideration.
I concede your point. However, I believe punishment must be proportionate to offence. A two year delay and flagging a person's file for terrorism surely cannot be the consequence of repeated denial of ITA. Such measure is too grave and reeks of vindictiveness and vendetta.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
joo2018:
I really don't get you.
Your statement of results states 2011. WES ECA states 2012. What does your actual degree certificate state?

Actual degree states " this degree was given on this day November 2012". Even though I graduated in the 2010/2011 academic session.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
harry41:
Dear House,

Please I need your opinion on this.

I am almost 4 months Post AOR and I just started a new job. Do i inform CIC? Will informing them delay my application?

Your kind responses especially from the elders will be appreciated
No need informing them. But even if you choose to, it won't delay your application. It has no bearing on your application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dude, read this to understand POF: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html.

Count from the period you got paid for, which is camp.

nelronaldo:
Hello,
Please aside gift deed and showing the money in your account for at least 6 months, are there any other ways to show proof of funds?

And when using NYSC as your work experience. Do we start counting from the day we went to camp or the day we got accepted by our PPA?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
buchito1:
God bless you massively..! I was actually dumb founded by your last reply... I didn't know where to o start from grin

Lol, you're welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
Benin

mikedimeji:

Which of the passport office are you processing it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by paintadvice: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
NeneSisi:
From the previous threads, I think a 'one and same person' affidavit should help. Be sure to include all the variants of her name in the affidavit

Maybe someone else with similar case can help?

Thanks so much for your response. Yes please, anyone with similar experience please enlighten us. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
Both of you will provide the information.

He should provide approximate dates and add an LOE that he couldn't remember the exact dates.

sibabe25:
Hello House, Please for personal travel history, is it only the PA that needs to provide or does my spouse need to provide his? The reason being my hubby was denied US visa a couple of times but he can't remember the dates of his appointments/refusals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.