Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (862687 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
Jasmine17:

Amen bro. Long time

Hope ICES don surrender?
No oo, those guys are a waste of time. I regret using them aswear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
Mummychichi:

So you'll continue declining ITA until POF is complete? You shouldn't have been in the pool from the get go.

What you should have done is, since your CRS is high enough to fetch ITA at anytime, wait till your POF is complete.

This might just be one of many reasons why the CRS cut off is high.
His case is even better. Some people just enter pool with high score when they have not completed ECA, to me its unfair and unecessary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
ontarioissauga:

Someone is missing out on ITA each time he declines. Talking about inconsideration.
Very Inconsiderate

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
connectgt:
Only one WAEC result is enough. It doesn't matter the grades and you can only use one unscratch card for a single result and not two. So, process one result and one card.

Hope this help.

Thanks for this. Please I need to PM you for guidance on how to sent your WAEC result to WES. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
You should.

It is part of your situation. Also, what happens if a work verification call is made to your former place of work?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

It is not a material fact under FSW unlike some occupation based PNPs and so will not affect your application.

cc: Ifeoma77.

harry41:
Dear House,

Please I need your opinion on this.

I am almost 4 months Post AOR and I just started a new job. Do i inform CIC? Will informing them delay my application?

Your kind responses especially from the elders will be appreciated

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
That's rough. Naija university wahala.

If it doesn't affect your 3yrs work experience points, you can go with the certificate's dates.

Else use the 2011, also include the statement of results and add a LOE.

Yureyes:

Actual degree states " this degree was given on this day November 2012". Even though I graduated in the 2010/2011 academic session.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
Millalorinzzz:
Congratulations to all PPR clinchers
I have issue with paying through Western Union for Wes, the other available options are Credit card which we don't use in Nigeria and cheque/ money order
Anytime I click on western union it brings out the error message, pls is there any way out or other payment option I could opt for??

We use credit card in Nigeria please.
Na you no get grin.
You can use your naira debit card.
Gtb, stanbic etc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
jjohndoe83:

I concede your point. However, I believe punishment must be proportionate to offence. A two year delay and flagging a person's file for terrorism surely cannot be the consequence of repeated denial of ITA. Such measure is too grave and reeks of vindictiveness and vendetta.
There is no known or stated punishment for now. We all need to be Considerate, though.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zinnyk: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
Happy Sunday house, please am about to register for WES and I don't know which name to use. Hubby is telling me to use my marriage name because it's what is on my international passport . I feel its not okay because my school certificates are bearing my maiden names,please someone should guard me on this. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
kfrosh:
I'm wondering why most people here feel declining ITA several times is cool. I believe ITA should be declined only on extreme cases and this should be done a week to the expiry date of ITA.

If a lot of our predecessors have been declining ITAs like this, only God knows what the CRS cut off would be by now. We need to know that for one person that declines ITA, you deprived another person of getting ITA in that round of invitation. When more people do this, it creates a ripple effect.

ITA should only be declined when all available means have been exhausted and you can't meet up with the deadline not when you feel like.

If your score is above 460, there's no need to rush, get all necessary things you need before entering the pool.

Let's learn to make things easy for each other not hard.

Spot on. Your point is valid and I strongly agree with you.

Though I think you're misconstruing stuff here in your opening statement. Obviously, declining ITA several times is not "cool". But is an application extra scrutinized because the applicant declined ITA several times? No. Is it possible to decline ITA several times and not be penalized for it? Yes. That was the basis of the argument.

Also people, let's not forget that some people are oblivious that declining ITA affects others in the pool. It would be overly insensitive for someone who despite knowing this, proceeds to decline their ITA without regard or consideration for others. Last year, I declined my sister's ITA over a trivial reason that a one-page LOE could have fixed. I wasn't well informed then, but now I know better. This might just be the case with @johnnybravo1990.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
Please is ICES still reliable for evaluation, or we should go for WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
joo2018:
That's rough. Naija university wahala.

If it doesn't affect your 3yrs work experience points, you can go with the certificate's dates.

Else use the 2011, also include the statement of results and add a LOE.

It affects my work experience because of the primary NOC I am using. I started working in the NOC in March 2012, so using the date on the certificate will mean I started working fulltime before I graduated. I intend to use the 2011 and include my statement of results and add a LOE as you stated but my worry is the application I filled for the US non immigrant Visa last year.

I applied for the US non-immigrant Visa last year and I used 2012 as my year of graduation on the US online application, would choosing 2011 in the Express entry form be a problem? I heard both countries have access to each other's database, will choosing 2011 now count as misrepresentation?

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Topsmamen:

Spot on. Your point is valid and I strongly agree with you.

Though I think you're misconstruing stuff here in your opening statement. Obviously, declining ITA several times is not "cool". But is an application extra scrutinized because the applicant declined ITA several times? No. Is it possible to decline ITA several times and not be penalized for it? Yes. That was the basis of the argument.

Also people, let's not forget that some people are oblivious that declining ITA affects others in the pool. It would be overly insensitive for someone who despite knowing this, proceeds to decline their ITA without regard or consideration for others. Last year, I declined my sister's ITA over a trivial reason that a one-page LOE could have fixed. I wasn't well informed then, but now I know better. This might just be the case with @johnnybravo1990.
Bros the argument is that people who know that they have high score, should enter the pool when they are ready, not just entering and getting several ITAs, then declining as they like...thats not fair or considerate at all..thank you!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
AdetonaDami:
Please is ICES still reliable for evaluation, or we should go for WES
Abort I repeat Abort ICES, except you have the patience to wait for over 12 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
Yureyes:

Unfortunately, I used WES

It's not an issue. If you want to be at rest just LOE and attach your transcript or statement of result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
Debsify:
Bros the argument is that people who know that they have high score, should enter the pool when they are ready, not just entering and getting several ITAs, then declining as they like...thats not fair or considerate at all..thank you!

Alrighty then.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
Debsify:
Abort I repeat Abort ICES, except you have the patience to wait for over 12 weeks.

Roger that!!!

Thought ICES is good for evaluating MSc UI to be precise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
Zinnyk:
Happy Sunday house, please am about to register for WES and I don't know which name to use. Hubby is telling me to use my marriage name because it's what is on my international passport . I feel its not okay because my school certificates are bearing my maiden names,please someone should guard me on this. Thank you.

Your husband is right...you should use the name on your passport for sake of consistency. And since you changed your name, you should also submit marriage certificate, sworn affidavit and newspaper paper article

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by paintadvice: 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ifeoma77:

In my opinion o, it doesn't matter. A simple LOE can be added to explain the BC issue as well as the ECA issue.
However, to give yourself peace, she should do an affidavit stating that Priscilla, Priscillia and Prisclla are one and the same person and that's it's just a spelling error.
It doesn't nullify her ECA, even they know that it's a spelling error. If the discrepancy was significant, they won't issue any ECA, her application would have been cancelled and money refunded.
Like I always say, these visa officers are not robots, they are human beings who understand that missing a letter in one out of three names is more likely a mistake than the possibility of it being another individual.
Please go ahead and submit your application and stop giving yourself HBP

Thank you so much, God bless you for your help.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cmoney22222: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
some have head and no cap... Some with cap but no head...

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by harry41: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Many thanks Ifeoma. I got a contrary opninon from JOO so maybe I have to make a decision by myself

Ifeoma77:

No need informing them. But even if you choose to, it won't delay your application. It has no bearing on your application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
pyruvateluv:

It's not an issue. If you want to be at rest just LOE and attach your transcript or statement of result

As it stands my profile is like this.

Date first licensed to practice profession : February 2012
Work experience started: March 2012
Year of graduation: December 2011 based on statement of result or November 2012 based on degree certificate

My issue now is the fact that I filled the year on my certificate (2012) in a US Visa application last year. I don't know if Canda will have access to that application because I heard they share the same database. If they do and I use a different date (2011) for the Express entry, won't it be a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by harry41: 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
Many thanks Joo. I got a contrary opinion from ifeoma so I guess I have to take a decision myself

joo2018:
You should.

It is part of your situation. Also, what happens if a work verification call is made to your former place of work?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

It is not a material fact under FSW unlike some occupation based PNPs and so will not affect your application.

cc: Ifeoma77.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
pyruvateluv:

As it stands my profile is like this.

Date first licensed to practice profession : February 2012
Work experience started: March 2012
Year of graduation: either December 2011 based on statement of result or November 2012 based on degree certificate

My issue now is the fact that I filled the year on my certificate (2012) in a US Visa application last year. I don't know if Canada will have access to that application because I heard they share the same database. If they do and I use a different date (2011) for the Express entry, won't it be seen as misrepresentation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
Good afternoon everyone. I just calculated my CRS score i got 447. Do u tink i stand a chance for a ITA. I am a lawyer who is 23 years old and currently serving.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kfrosh: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
Have you taken IELTS? Have you completed your ECA? How did you arrive at your score? That being said, you need minimum of one year experience to qualify and that is a good score for future ITA. Your NYSC experience is sufficient when you're done with it.

Check page one for better understanding.
Amicusacuriae:
Good afternoon everyone. I just calculated my CRS score i got 447. Do u tink i stand a chance for a ITA. I am a lawyer who is 23 years old and currently serving.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ologunsunny: 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
If am a common law applicant and my spouse is not going with me, must I show proof of funds for her as well?
Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
kfrosh:
Have you taken IELTS? Have you completed your ECA? How did you arrive at your score? That being said, you need minimum of one year experience to qualify and that is a good score for future ITA. Your NYSC experience is sufficient when you're done with it.

Check page one for better understanding.
yes bro i hve done dat. I used d crs calculator
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mummychichi: 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
joo2018:
Benin

Joo2018 you've got mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
Yes, you must.

Ologunsunny:
If am a common law applicant and my spouse is not going with me, must I show proof of funds for her as well?
Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Saintimakuh: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Work experience needs to be a minimum of one year... Food processing might not count...

Gopulence:

Hello house,

Please I need clarification on NOC, I have had two full-time jobs at two different sectors.
1. Food safety manager at a food processing industry for 10 months
2. Lecturer at a University, still counting months of experience. But working on Food Safety as major aspect of my teaching and research

How can I merge the two into a suitable NOC. House please assist and Newmum0615 your input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.