Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Joyce Meyer Fun Facts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joyce Meyer Fun Facts (387 Views)

My Father Raped Me At Least 200 Times Says Joyce Meyer / How To Deal With Depression – Joyce Meyer / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
5 Things You Might Not Know About The Evangelical Leader

World leading practical Bible teacher and New York Times best-selling author, Joyce Meyer comes from humble beginnings. Meyer has used her experiences to transform her life into a positive message of encouragement for both men and women alike.
Although Meyer's messages are uplifting and straightforward, she doesn't often dwell on her personal life.
Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Here are five facts you might not know about the evangelical leader:

1. Meyer didn't always have a million-dollar following. In her early beginnings, she preached in a cafeteria, leading an early morning Bible class in the 1970s, according to Bornrich.

2. Meyer has had a facelift and has no qualms admitting to the procedure. "God doesn't love me anymore or less because I had some work done on my face," she told ABC News.

"You know, I prayed about it a long, long, long, long, long time, because there again, I wouldn't want to do anything that I felt was going to be offensive to God. But I just felt like he finally just came to my heart, you know, it's your face, do what you want to. It was a really good thing that I did for me. It made me feel good. You know, when you're in front of millions of people every day, you want to look your best."

3. Religion is Meyer's soapbox, not politics. She never tells parishioners who to vote for, Slimply saying "vote Godly" and never expresses her own personal politics.

4. Though Meyer is popular and well liked today, that wasn't always the case. Prior to being born again, Meyer considered herself manipulative, obnoxious, and hard to get along with.

5. Meyer's current husband met her while she was washing a car. Initially she ignored him. When she finally agreed to date him it took only five dates for him to propose to her. Shortly after the proposal, the pair married.
Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2019
Bonus:

6. Joyce was abused by her father growing up and by her first husband. Through God’s Word, she was able to forgive these men. Joyce is a breast cancer survivor. She believes and teaches that regardless of a person’s background or past mistakes, God has a place for them and can help them on their path to enjoying everyday life.

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 12:11am On Feb 19, 2019
Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 12:18am On Feb 19, 2019
Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by ABCthings: 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
She had a facelift?
Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 5:45am On Mar 24, 2019
Seun
Lalasticlala.
Re: Joyce Meyer Fun Facts by TOSIN116: 10:30pm On May 09, 2019
Who do I call again it over a month I've made this thread.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Religious Answer And A Scientific Answer? / The World Is Satan's Kingdom / The End Is Nearer Than We Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.