Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,993 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Message From An Angry American Soldier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message From An Angry American Soldier (6165 Views)

Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / An Angry Nigerian Nearly Killed Buhari Through A Photoshop (PICTURE) / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2007
tayoD

If the future of Iraq is in their hand why then did Bush went to war with them. he could have left them to determine their fure and destiny. Let us be reasonable in what we vomit. Who will all these Iraq children grow to be after seeing date every minute of the childhood.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2007
@Mamajama

If you take your talking points from Rosie O'Donell,God help us!Rosie is a purveyor of lurid jokes,nothing more.
fromuk:

tayoD

If the future of Iraq is in their hand why then did Bush went to war with them. he could have left them to determine their fure and destiny. Let us be reasonable in what we vomit. Who will all these Iraq children grow to be after seeing date every minute of the childhood.

I suppose their destiny was in their hands under the "democratic" regime of Saddam Hussein?For the first time,they have gotten to elect their leaders.For the first time,the Shias ,who constitue the majority of Iraqis,are now in a postion of power.The Iraqis have a better grasp of their destiny than under Saddam.

You may prefer the status quo,I doubt if you will say that if you were a Shia or Kurd,but I think most Iraqis are glad to see the back of Saddam.Not much handwringing was occuring when Saddam was massacring Shias and Kurds in Iraq.I bet you Rosie O'Donell had nothing to say then
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 10:08pm On May 25, 2007
According to most polls conducted in Iraq, majority wants the USA out, I wonder why.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2007
I-Man

they will want to see saddam out but not US in.

Saddam was massacring Shias and Kurds in Iraq just like Churchill did in 1920.

let us stop fulling ourselves broda.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2007
Tornadoz:

According to most  polls conducted in Iraq, majority wants the USA out, I wonder why.

Those same polls say they are happy to see the back of Saddam.Nobody is arguing that the Americans are loved in Iraq but that from the Iraqi perspective,they remain for now,a neccessary evil 

fromuk:

I-Man
they will want to see saddam out but not US in.
Saddam was massacring Shias and Kurds in Iraq just like Churchill did in 1920.
Was it Rosie O'Donell who would have removed Saddam?How else could you remove him?

The Iraqi people voted for a Government and that Govt insists that it does not have the wherewithall to police Iraq on its own.I wish they did but since they can't ,the Americans must help .Without a doubt,everyone wants America out.The question is,when they can leave
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2007
Saddam was massacring Shias and Kurds in Iraq just like Churchill did in 1920. U did not coment on this why,Pro US and UK i think.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by TayoD(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2007
@fromuk,

If the future of Iraq is in their hand why then did Bush went to war with them. he could have left them to determine their fure and destiny.

If we follow this same logic, the people of Sudan had better prepare for total annihilation via genocide. We can all bury our heads in our hands and declare: "their future and destiny is in their hands."

Let us be reasonable in what we vomit. Who will all these Iraq children grow to be after seeing date every minute of the childhood.

I will overlook your insult about vomiting for the first and last time. Please keep to the topic and present your points without recourse to insults. I believe you are capable of doing just that. The Iraq children will likely grow up with the same Shia-Sunni hatred that has been enshrined in thier culture since the civil war that broke out in Prophet Mohammed's Household.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2007
-man what plannet are you on? they elect their leader in deed or the one that the USA forced on them. press and Bush will continue to brain wash some people. in a country where people can not go out for fear of kill.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 10:47pm On May 25, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

-man what plannet are you on? they elect their leader in deed or the one that the USA forced on them. press and Bush will continue to brain wash some people. in a country where people can not go out for fear of kill.
The USA forced on Iraqis the Ruling Shia Coalition? Did Rosie tell you that?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 10:59pm On May 25, 2007
Sudan is just another example of western hatered to the Uncivilised world churchill refered to before Poising the kurds in Iraq. Can u tell me now that sudan problem was made in sudan. British govet resolved the problem of Northern ireland today cos britain carried Ireland alond in donig that, if Bush want to solve the problem in Iraq i beleive Iran and syria must be part of the peace process as recommended by the panel set by the bushman of Us himself.

I-Man
You have not still commented on my post.
Saddam was massacring Shias and Kurds in Iraq just like Churchill did in 1920
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2007
fromuk:

I-Man
You have not still commented on my post.
Saddam was massacring Shias and Kurds in Iraq just like Churchill did in 1920
I suppose,in your mind, the British bombing of Iraq 80 years ago  excuses Saddam's Sunni dominated regime slaughtering Kurds and Shias in the 90s.I cannot fathom your logic.

Perhaps,your point is that since the Brits bombed Iraq in the 20s,they have no biz removing the Saddam regime who did a similar thing.That might look logical to you but it looks like a load of horse hockey to me.

If anything,British actions in the 20s oblige them to step in on behalf of the majority populace-Shias.Having put the minority Sunnis in power in the 20s,it is applaudable that they have helped bring an end to this quasi-apartheid minority rule
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 11:42pm On May 25, 2007
A picture of the Great man.

Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 11:52pm On May 25, 2007
@Tornadoz

Knowing your antecedents in the "Isreal does not want peace" thread,it seems rational debate eludes you.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 11:57pm On May 25, 2007
@I-man
Does the picture make you want to puke? I thought I should remind you of the cretin you so loyally defend.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 12:30pm On May 26, 2007
is applaudable that they have helped bring an end to this quasi-apartheid minority rule [b][/b] The apartheid continues till today with the imperialistic nature of America and Britian. This time it will fail as it has started let give it some few years we all shall come to terms.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by omoge(f): 12:44pm On May 26, 2007
i hate the war going on in Iraq. still, am supporting the troops cool
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2007
@omoge
How can you hate the war and support the troops. I hope you're not being spoon fed "news" by O'Reilly?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2007
@Tornadoz,

You still dey here?

I find it difficult to understand how narrow minded and wrong some people can be on this US illegal invasion of Iraq based on lies manufactured by Bush.

Even close aides of Bush have all failed to defend Bush yet on this fourm you read from people that don't know their left from their right turning logic on its head and vomiting rubbish all in the name of discussing issues.

Good luck and I guess quite a number of them are already brainwashed beyond redemption.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 4:23pm On May 26, 2007
@Afam
Lol! I still dey here o!
I come here just to read the latest comic from Nairaland comedians.
Hahaha!
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 5:44pm On May 27, 2007
Almost all the respected people in Bush Administration at one point or the order have resigned. This war is a lie and BUSH has killed more American ARMY more than the terrorist. How can a president come out and publicly says he expect more deaths and American casualties in month to come. How do you motivate young aspiring kids to go kill himself? How many people here that are supporting this war will enter a car if told that will be your last ride? I am disappointed in the democrats so to speak, they should be calling for Bush impeachment. DO the math, id Amicans and the collition Army have lost Over 4000 troops, imagine the magnitude or the numbers of IRAQIS that have been killed?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by fromuk(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2007
Tell them my brother, I-Man hope you are still on.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Has(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2007
The initial intelligence report before the war indicated that going for war in Iraq will be disastrous and Mr. Bush never mind.Actually what is happening in Iraq now is beyond human comprehension.Indeed imagine the pains from the woman, it just one out of countless number of families both to Iraqis and Americans.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 27, 2007
Has:

The initial intelligence report before the war indicated that going for war in Iraq will be disastrous and Mr. Bush never mind.Actually what is happening in Iraq now is beyond human comprehension.Indeed imagine the pains from the woman, it just one out of countless number of families both to Iraqis and Americans.

all these people screaming more than the bereaved. Is the Iraq situation any worse than the genocide that everyone is trying so hard to ignore in Darfur?
Would we have raised an eyebrow if the US were also involved? Last we checked, the insurgents in Iraq have done most of the killing we so desperately want to hang on the necks of George Bush.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Afam(m): 6:35pm On May 27, 2007
Can someone advice this Davidylan to face his studies? It is becoming too glaring that he lacks basic understanding of crystal clear issues.

Even American senators are holding Bush responsible for this nonsense and here you have a Nigerian student writing rubbish all in the name of using a discussion forum.

This is a tragedy.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Mamajama(m): 6:40pm On May 27, 2007
davidylan and your point is? so if your father or son was sent to serve in Ir aq and comes back with no leg or arm will you still support this useless war? the point we are raising is we have a COWBOY who does not understand the damage or intrusion of war and yet he wants to continue t kill innocent people. Imagine $500.000 Billion Dollars tax payers money has been exhausted in this useless war. if that money was spend on the economy or to provide aids for AFRICA. we will all be praising BUSH as the best president.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 6:45pm On May 27, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Almost all the respected people in Bush Administration at one point or the order have resigned.  This war is a lie and BUSH has killed more American ARMY more than the terrorist.  How can a president come out and publicly says he expect more deaths and American casualties in month to come.  How do you motivate young aspiring kids to go kill himself?  How many people here that are supporting this war will enter a car if told that will be your last ride?  I am disappointed in the democrats so to speak, they should be calling for Bush impeachment.  DO the math, id Amicans and the collition Army have lost Over 4000 troops, imagine the magnitude or the numbers of IRAQIS that have been killed?

Given that 2 million people(1million Iraqis and 1 million Iranians) died throughout Saddam's reign,why should we presume that if the US did not invade,lives will not be lost? The death toll during his regime works out at about  85,000 per annum.

You make it sound like as if the Saddam era was a peaceful era untill the Americans came along.I have asked you before,do you think the Shias and the Kurds(80% of the populace) want Saddam back?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 27, 2007
Afam:

Can someone advice this Davidylan to face his studies? It is becoming too glaring that he lacks basic understanding of crystal clear issues.
Even American senators are holding Bush responsible for this nonsense and here you have a Nigerian student writing rubbish all in the name of using a discussion forum.

This is a tragedy.

and they would be the first to scream about discussing issues!  grin hypocrites!

Dear, whether Bush was at fault in Iraq or not Darfur remains an open wound that the world is pretending not to see. But since the US is not involved we prefer to keep quiet and bury our heads in the sands of denial. More than 300,000 people have been killed in Darfur so far, famine, drought, poverty is going to kill many more, millions are refugees in their own country and all we can cry about is US senators holding Bush responsible for the war in Iraq!

Who are the US senators holding Bush responsible? the very ones who backed the war and are now retracing their steps now that they need the voters?

Dear, i have seen your version of "basic understanding of clear cut issues", you have done nothing but avoid debate (Isreal doesnt want peace thread) and sidetrack issues while running after the jugular veins of posters screaming "discuss issues" at the top of your voice (70 yr old politicians thread).

Because senators in the US are holding Bush responsible does not mean we should not look at things in a broader spectrum! Senators and actors in the US too are calling for action on Darfur, unfortunately people like you prefer not to listen.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 27, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

davidylan and your point is? so if your father or son was sent to serve in Ir aq and comes back with no leg or arm will you still support this useless war? the point we are raising is we have a COWBOY who does not understand the damage or intrusion of war and yet he wants to continue t kill innocent people. Imagine $500.000 Billion Dollars tax payers money has been exhausted in this useless war. if that money was spend on the economy or to provide aids for AFRICA. we will all be praising BUSH as the best president.

I will deal with the issues highlighted above only.

1. Read posts between the line first before running of with wrong conclusions. That is the difference between those who can think deeply and those who cant. Did you see anywhere were i claimed support for the war? If you go back to my earlier contributions to this thread i clearly advocated bringing the troops home by next yr!
However my point which you prefered not to see is this: why is the Iraq war the only thing on our lenses when the Darfur crisis much closer to home is forgotten? Do we have to request US troops to go to Darfur before we can get concerted international efforts to stop the genocide?

2. And who are those shouting about the $500bn war efforts? Iran has been screaming about the amount spent on the war yet i wonder why they are more worried than the average American. Yes America has spend that much on a senseless war, what has your own Nigerian govt done with their own oil money? Is your country 1% as developed as the smallest local govt in the US? Can we blame our backwardness on the Iraq war too?

3. grin grin grin Provide aid for Africa? Are we not ashamed of ourselves? Crying about money in Iraq being wasted instead of being channeled as aid to us. How much of the aid we have recieved so far have we utillised and how much is back sitting in private bank accounts of ur leaders?
Is it the business of the US govt to provide you with aid?
So Bush becomes a great leader if he gives aid to Africa? When are we going to start feeding ourselves?
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Iman3(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Imagine $500.000 Billion Dollars tax payers money has been exhausted in this useless war. if that money was spend on the economy or to provide aids for AFRICA. we will all be praising BUSH as the best president.

I missed this aspect of your comment.Bush tripled direct aid to Africa from what it was during the Clinton era (I bet Rosie didn't tell you that)

-http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/30/AR2006123000941.html
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2119042.ece
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2995109.stm

Clinton actually cut aid during his first term but yet he is well loved by the people whose aid money he cut

As for the economy,the fastest growing economy in the G7 over the past 4 years.5 consecutive years of growth at a pace faster than France and Germany who didn't participate in the Iraq war.Growth projections for the next 2 years still outpaces those two-[url=http://www.2ontario.com/welcome/coca_303.asp ]http://www.2ontario.com/welcome/coca_303.asp [/url]
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by omoge(f): 10:27pm On May 27, 2007
the senators are all talking from both side of their mouth anyway.

my neighbor who is supposed to be back (7months already) is still not back. not matter what, i support the troops. when you have friends and family members deployed (like i do) there is nothing you can do more than pray and support them.

but then can't wait for Bush to just leave. the war is dragging on too much.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 1:10am On May 28, 2007
Couldn't resist the aching urge to correct the myriad of falsehood being told here.

I-Man wrote
Bush tripled direct aid to Africa

Yes he did but with strings attached,as long as African countries help him fight his war on terror.

Clinton actually cut aid during his first term but yet he is well loved by the people whose aid money he cut
Does this make sense to anybody?Why is this so? Maybe we ain't as stupid as he thought we were.
Are Africans so stupid that we will hate the man who tripled aid to us while loving his stingy predecessor who actually cut aid to us? We can see past the token aid he gave us.
As for the economy,the fastest growing economy in the G7 over the past 4 years.5 consecutive years of growth at a pace faster than France and Germany who didn't participate in the Iraq war.Growth projections for the next 2 years still outpaces those two-
USA Today recently said China's breakneck development affects American wages, jobs, prices and industries, determining who wins and loses in the U.S. economy.
It is now China, along with Japan, that is buying the U.S. treasury securities that enable the United States to run the largest fiscal deficit in history.
Re: Message From An Angry American Soldier by Tornadoz(m): 1:14am On May 28, 2007
Given that 2 million people(1million Iraqis and 1 million Iranians) died throughout Saddam's reign,why should we presume that if the US did not invade,lives will not be lost? The death toll during his regime works out at about 85,000 per annum.
Er who funded the Iraqi war machine of the eighties? Who sold the weapons to Iraq? Who encouraged Sadam to attack the fundamentalist regime in Iran?
You guessed it : America.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji / War! Fulani Herdsmen And Anaku People Of Anambra State. / A Look At Venezuela And Why Our Government Deserves Commendation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.