Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,319 members, 7,826,274 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji (6160 Views)

Photo: The New PDP National HQ... An Abandoned Project? / Check Out Photos Of Ex Abia Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu Living In Opulence! / Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Solemntee: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2012
UMUAHIA—Abia State Governor, Chief Theodore Orji, yesterday, said that Abia was an abandoned project because it had existed without a proper secretariat, government house, conference centre, sustainable water, electricity, good road network and reputable hospitals since after its creation.

In a statement by Mr. Ben Onyechere, Special Adviser to the Governor on Public Communication, the governor said his administration is saddled with enormous task of building a state from the scratch which is the reason “we are in a hurry to meet expectations of our people.”

He said: “My determination to rebuild Aba derives not only in the fact that it is the commercial nerve centre of the South East, but also to realise the dream of Mr. Sam Mbakwe, a former governor of the old Imo State, who shed tears at the state of the dilapidation of infrastructure in Aba at the inception of his tenure, which was the only real last effort to upgrade Aba before I came to power.

“The reconstruction of Aba which is presently hindered by the rainy season is the centre of my administration’s policy thrust and as such cannot be toyed with not only because it is the commercial nerve centre of the South East but as well as a unifying factor among the Igbo, particular when we remember the Aba women’s riot of 1929 which was a protestation against the taxation of women.

“The insinuation that government is not meeting its target in the city can only be made by people without the requisite experience both in pubic and private endevours.”

He urged Aba residents to brace up with the impending construction work that will commence after the rains.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/abia-was-an-abandoned-project-gov-orji/
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 05, 2012
[size=15pt]Was he not a trusted aide of the former governor? S.m.h for all these corrupt leader blaming others for their ineptitude [/size]sad
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by XFive: 9:56am On Sep 05, 2012
No Mind that our Governor, na so so promise and no fulfilment
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Billygene: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2012
chai!!!!!!....God will see us through and send a messiah to us one day as He remembered Imo State our sister.Amen!!
what else would i have said again

2 Likes

Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by trix1: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2012
Solemn tee: “The reconstruction of Aba which is presently hindered by the rainy season is ......"

So it has been raining since he came into power in 2007?

Solemn tee: “we are in a hurry to meet expectations of our people.”...... ....."He said: “My determination to rebuild Aba derives not only in the fact......"

Can he show me one solid project he has completed since 2007?

Solemn tee: “The insinuation that government is not meeting its target in the city can only be made by people without the requisite experience both in pubic and private endevours.”

And this Target is what?

2 Likes

Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by garridude: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2012
Why is he saying this now that he is no more in power? Hypocrite!
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by genxris: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2012
Sometimes i wonder if some of our gövernors e.g T.A Orji ever visits,reads or even hear of the developmental strides some of their counterpats in other states do for their states. As far as Abians and Aba residents are concerned,the present governor has failed them woefully.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2012
By the time he leaves, Abia will look like a war turn area. THis guy should STFU and wait till 2015 when his tenure will be over.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by RickyRoss1(m): 10:21am On Sep 05, 2012
You dont need to talk plenty if you are a good governor, just do your job and people will judge you based on your performance and things on ground.
I havent been to Abia state for sometime now so whenever there is news about Abia i usually dont comment bc i dont rush to conclusions. But just last week I was in Aba and I can confirm nothing has changed. I am Igbo but I can NEVER live in Aba or build house there even if am given free land. The place is so messed up especially that PH Road.

Some 9ja governors are doing very well while most are buncha fools and noise makers.
Rivers State governor is trying, many many standard roads with standard street lighting especially stadium road, Eliozu road, airport road, etc. Many power projects are ongoing in PHC and the governor says come December everyone should relocate their gen sets to their villages coz there will be uninterrupted power supply once they complete the Rivers IPP projects, we are waiting. Rochas is trying and doing very well so far. To me the best governor so far is the man in Akwa Ibom, he doesnt make noise at all and Uyo has so many world class projects scattered all over the place. How can i forget FASHOLA, the man has transformed Lagos, the city is now clean with good road network everywhere.

As for Orji, I think he is A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE...

6 Likes

Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by XFive: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2012
garri_dude: Why is he saying this now that he is no more in power? Hypocrite!

Is this Orji Kalu or Theodore Orji?
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by nkemKalu: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2012
This very Governor is among the people the late Ikemba of Nnewi will call 'BUNKOM'.........and I don't know if there is any other derogatory statement worst than that but I think he deserves to be called the BIGGEST BUNKOM OF THE CENTURY.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Super1759: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2012
What's this man saying? look at this
Last year nov.2011. This man gave a public show how he built several roads in aba. He mentioned a particular street that (umuojima road in aba.) I took note off.
www.abiastate.gov.ng/2012/03/theodo...
Just months back. I saw the state of this road. Very horrible.
I couldn't upload the pix via ma bb. I had to do it with ma small phone

Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by alexy147(m): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2012
T.A orji..the worst thing dat happened to Abians..

4 Likes

Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by vanbonattel: 10:49am On Sep 05, 2012
This is the worstest governor in naija. As clueless as the fuuls who stood around as this imp was re elected.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2012
If i was to b God for just a sec, t.a orji will a closed chapter...the fact he is still spewing this trash and yet alive amazes me...nigeria is really a failed state...go to aba, i can bet my laptop charger dat that there is no single gud road...wheneva i visit aba, i feel so sad...
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 05, 2012
The road between Umuahia and Aba witnesses the highest number of accidented trailers in Nigeria. Trailers laden with goods fall on that strip on a daily basis. Transporters have virtually abandoned Aba-Umuahia expressway and returned to plying the old Aba road that stretches from Olokoro, Umuahia to Ogborhill, Aba. Make this man go sit down.

There can be no development without good roads. We all studied commerce sometime in secondary school days. I wonder why our leaders shy away from road construction. Aba is a quagmire. Only a rubber slippas is fit for pedestrain trekking in Aba on a rainy day.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by ujukala: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2012
Is that the meaning of Abia?
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 05, 2012
Failed Governor looking for someone to blame for his failure....
Who abandoned the project? Me or you?
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by maigaskiya1: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2012
trix!:

And this Target is what?
ask hm 4me oo
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Chimezie198(m): 11:37am On Sep 05, 2012
XFive: Is this Orji Kalu or Theodore Orji?
All of 'em na Orji. cheesy

who knows the next Orji dat would come up after 2015.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Babaken(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2012
alexy147: T.A orji..the worst thing dat happened to Abians..
abia people should take heart and hope 4 change in de next election.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Chimezie198(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2012
trix!:

And its gonna be raining till he leaves power in 2015. cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Bobbystanley(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2012
No be una vote for am??
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by DANILSA(m): 11:57am On Sep 05, 2012
trix!:

And this Target is what?
how can u ask what the idiot has achieved when he was able to destroy people's house and plant flower, destroy Aba/portharcourt road and replaced it with an elephant gutter project, chased marketers out without new place to relocate them, destroyed the manageable motor park in Osisioma and relocated the park inside dustbin, since this guy came to power the only achievement visible is planting flower. After going to Uyo, edo, Imo, I came back home and wept bitterly for my state. My state now has the worst infrastructure in Africa, even Mogadishu is now better than Abia. This man has won the award for the worst governor since the formation of Nigeria.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by Bobbystanley(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2012
Ma state(imo) would hav been worst if ohakim had gone for a second tenure in office..but God sent a messiah(rochas) to deliever us and i pray he will do same for abia state come 2015
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by obicentlis: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2012
Before it was the former Governor that held him not doing the job, he de camped from PPA to PDP through AGPA. Last month, he was blaming the Commissioners for his clueless governance. During every raining season, he will start to blame the raining season for not allowing him to work, during the dry season, he will mobilize faulty construction machines to sites with the sincere intention to delay time till another raining season. CHEIII!!!!!
What a stupid fool!!!
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by ujchief(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
garri_dude: Why is he saying this now that he is no more in power? Hypocrite!
i wanted to correct u until i saw ur username. Keep displayin ur ignorance in a public forum, next, u'll start shouting for freedom of speech.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by DANILSA(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Bobbystanley: No be una vote for am??

My friend shut up, u told u he was voted in? You should be asking why he was rigged in? His a course. cry cry. Why can't we have Fashola, Rochas, oshiomole, Akpabio, Amaechi for jus one tenure? I weep cry
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by DANILSA(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
okpara ugo: The road between Umuahia and Aba witnesses the highest number of accidented trailers in Nigeria. Trailers laden with goods fall on that strip on a daily basis. Transporters have virtually abandoned Aba-Umuahia expressway and returned to plying the old Aba road that stretches from Olokoro, Umuahia to Ogborhill, Aba. Make this man go sit down.

There can be no development without good roads. We all studied commerce sometime in secondary school days. I wonder why our leaders shy away from road construction. Aba is a quagmire. Only a rubber slippas is fit for pedestrain trekking in Aba on a rainy day.
Point of correction RUBBER boot or SHOE not slippers.
Re: Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji by ujchief(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
okpara ugo: The road between Umuahia and Aba witnesses the highest number of accidented trailers in Nigeria. Trailers laden with goods fall on that strip on a daily basis. Transporters have virtually abandoned Aba-Umuahia expressway
sorry, but that road u're quoting is a federal govt road, thats the Enugu/Ph express road.
@topic, i'm happy he realises that people are not satisfied wit his mediocre performance. He needs to step up, big time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Say Hello To The Man Of The Moment (pictures) / These 27 Famous Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Quotes Will Make You Laugh Till You Cry / Beautiful Owerri Imo State- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.