Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting (4011 Views)

Vomiting After Deworming Dog / My German Shepherd Has Been Vomiting Thick Spit (foam) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by agboedeh: 12:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
agboedeh:
dats d problem. Pls stop giving them bones, they may like it but its very very dangerous. When my local dog was around six or seven months old, I gave him a lot of cooked chicken with bones still intact.He couldn't eat for 3 days,he just kept vomiting and passed out very hard and scanty stools. There was no good vet in my area to perform the surgery (remove the bones that are causing the obstruction) so I just prayed and put him on IV fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated. All the bones passed out with time and he became better again.
if u can't find a good hospital dat will perform the x-ray to be sure there is an obstruction, and will be able to perform the surgery, just put her on IV fluids and hopes the bones passes out without any damage to the intestines. Gud luck bro
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by agboedeh: 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by IamAnderson(m): 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Her poop is okay, hard and not frequent. The last time she poo was midnight.
that's a good sign, it most likely not parvo
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by IamAnderson(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Yes I've been giving them chicken bones for sometime. I thought dogs like bones.
And I have been bathing them with tick treatment shampoo so tick is not the problem. I've never spotted any tick on them.
Maybe it's the chicken bones.
never give your dogs chicken bones, that's like the worst kind of bone for a dog.
it just splinters everywhere and it's harmful to their intestines.
if you are worried about their calcium intake, buy calcium tablets or give them soft biscuit bones instead.
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by IamAnderson(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
agbogeh has already said it all, there is nothing left to say.
good luck on your dog's recovery, just be careful with what you feed your dogs next time
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by ultrazone(m): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2019
First, confirm if it's vomition or regurgitation. The latter is passive, while the former is active.

Vomition is a clinical sign. A lot of situations may present this sign. These include parasites of the intestines, poisoning, viral infections like distemper, GIT obstruction as a result of ingesting bones, etc.

Check. Are there other signs present with the emesis, such as traces of blood (coffee brown tinge), refusal to eat, diarrhea, etc?

Please see a veterinarian and update us on the situation.

It's safe to watch your puppy even after the first appointment. Puppies do not tolerate electrolyte loss.

Dr Abe.
abe.oluwasegun@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kobosmart(m): 3:30am On Feb 20, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

You will die in place of my dog, yes, your life is worthless to me, Infact you will die before my dog dies.
My dog's lifespan is only 13 - 14 years, you will die before then. And if my dog doesn't live that long, you will still die before she dies. You can bet it with me.
You don't know who you're dealing with, just watch and see.

lol

1 Share

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by ojialo(m): 1:39am On Feb 21, 2019
IamAnderson:

that is a symptom of parvo, I suggest you keep her hydrated, separate her from the other dog and get her to another vet asap.
it may not be parvo but just to be on the safe side, do that now, parvo kills puppies fast.
I don't think it's parvo he should go deworm his dog this thing happened to my own dog. mine is okay after deworming, but make sure you feed her
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kobosmart(m): 7:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Kelvin30286063
how is your walking corpse of a dog doing this morning? Tell it to hurry up i don already plan wetin I go use e funeral money buy

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2019
kobosmart:
Kelvin30286063
how is your walking corpse of a dog doing this morning? Tell it to hurry up i don already plan wetin I go use e funeral money buy
She's fine now. Thank your stars cuz you would have died too

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kobosmart(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

She's fine now. Thank your stars cuz you would have died too
grin story! tell her "God is awaiting" wink she will understand

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by sonsonny: 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Thank you. What can I do to save her?
I don't exactly have access to a lot of vets where I live.

You had to find a vet as soon as possible! You can contact vets from the nearest cities.
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:52am On Feb 23, 2019
oluomoadebayo:

It might be a tick fever. Majority of our vets have no clue and every ailment is a parvo to them. No blood sample, no nothing but they will be shouting parvo parvo.

Exactly how Shirlekeen missed on saving my pup. He perceived the pup's faeces and concluded it's parvo. At death, the dog showed jaundice, and this points to leptospirosis.
I wish vet hospitals can value animals as human clinics do.
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:54am On Feb 23, 2019
IamAnderson:

it's very sad, I know only one good vet that I can trust here in pH, the rest I just go to them
for minor things.
some that I will meet for basic things I already know the answer to will be giving me stupid advise that I know is obviously wrong.
their is one guy I went to when my dog was stooling because I changed his multivitamins, he told me that multivitamins were not good for dogs and I should give my dog only 1 tablet per week.
another one was asking me if I'd be interested in entering my dog into a dog fight he was planning.

Dog fight organised by a vet? grin grin grin
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2019
This is an update on this...
I want to thank everyone for your concern and support. It was hard to imagine losing my dog to any disease but to God be the glory.
I'm glad to tell you that both dogs are fine. The sick one has fully recovered and she has stopped vomiting. She even eats better than before.
Turns out it's probably some bones she ate that caused the problem. She was treated and everything is okay.
I'm amazed by how much you guys came up to support and suggest ways to cure her. God bless you all.
IamAnderson
agboedeh
oluomoadebayo
ultrazone
ojialo
sonsonny
ayobamiakinrind

As for you kobosmart, may you die young...

Please meet Holly and Ivy

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by agboedeh: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by agboedeh: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
that's really good news bro. pls stay away from bones and find another better vet
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kobosmart(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I want to thank everyone for your concern and support. It was hard to imagine losing my dog to any disease but to God be the glory.
I'm glad to tell you that both dogs are fine. The sick one has fully recovered and she has stopped vomiting. She even eats better than before.
Turns out it's probably some bones she ate that caused the problem. She was treated and everything is okay.
I'm amazed by how much you guys came up to support and suggest ways to cure her. God bless you all.
IamAnderson
agboedeh
oluomoadebayo
ultrazone
ojialo
sonsonny
ayobamiakinrind

We thank God for the borrowed time given to your sick dog,
grin don't forget to holla at me when it dies
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by IamAnderson(m): 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
IamAnderson
agboedeh
oluomoadebayo
ultrazone
ojialo
sonsonny
ayobamiakinrind

you're welcome smiley
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by abbeg(m): 4:57am On Feb 28, 2019
kobosmart:

lol
Do you think you're funny? or your insults are memorable? it's like you don't know how dry you are .Yes
You are dry!
you are boring
YOU ARE NOT FUNNY!!!!
Ah! coming to suffocate is with your dry jokes.
We wont hear word again because of your dry stupid jokes.
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kobosmart(m): 6:30am On Feb 28, 2019
abbeg:
Do you think you're funny? or your insults are memorable? it's like you don't know how dry you are .Yes
You are dry!
you are boring
YOU ARE NOT FUNNY!!!!
Ah! coming to suffocate is with your dry jokes.
We wont hear word again because of your dry stupid jokes.
lol
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:34am On Mar 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
IamAnderson
agboedeh
oluomoadebayo
ultrazone
ojialo
sonsonny
ayobamiakinrind

Thank God for their lives. They're so cute.
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by Jungpablo: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
kobosmart:
Kelvin30286063
this SIMP grin
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kmaxx(m): 3:02am On Dec 18, 2022
agboedeh:
if u can't find a good hospital dat will perform the x-ray to be sure there is an obstruction, and will be able to perform the surgery, just put her on IV fluids and hopes the bones passes out without any damage to the intestines. Gud luck bro

My local dog suddenly stopped eating since morning.

He has been vomiting & stooling watery, please how do I keep him on IV fluid I have no vet around me.

I don't even know what's wrong.

They were okay when I brought them out for play this morning. Time for feeding - started noticing the male one not eating & behaving strange.

I became afraid thinking maybe he had eaten rat poison or something while I wasn't looking.

Pls, any help?

He is not eating, vomiting whatever I gives it, stooling is watery...

IamAnderson
agboedeh
oluomoadebayo
ultrazone
ojialo
sonsonny
ayobamiakinrind
Kelvin30286063
Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by TheLoanGuy: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
kmaxx:

My local dog suddenly stopped eating since morning.

He has been vomiting & stooling watery, please how do I keep him on IV fluid I have no vet around me.

I don't even know what's wrong.

They were okay when I brought them out for play this morning. Time for feeding - started noticing the male one not eating & behaving strange.

I became afraid thinking maybe he had eaten rat poison or something while I wasn't looking.

Pls, any help?

He is not eating, vomiting whatever I gives it, stooling is watery...

IamAnderson
agboedeh
oluomoadebayo
ultrazone
ojialo
sonsonny
ayobamiakinrind
Kelvin30286063
if it hasn't stopped yet, get Diastop from the pharmacy. It may be diarrhea.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting by kmaxx(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
TheLoanGuy:
if it hasn't stopped yet, get Diastop from the pharmacy. It may be diarrhea.

I finally got a self acclaimed vet to administer treatment.

He says it's Pavo.

Well, it's over now.

Thanks for the response anyways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 months Female Caucasian For Sale / I Lost My Dog Today (PICTURES) / Meet my GSD, Roger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.