Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Study And Work In Ireland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study And Work In Ireland (1902 Views)

Meet 3 Female Nigerian Mechanics Who Shuttle Between School And Work(photos) / "OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland / How To Study And Make Good Grades – Tips For Average Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2019
Over the past years, there has been an increasing number of students from countries worldwide who have chosen Ireland as a study destination. This is because Ireland as a leading study abroad destination in the world is committed to excellence at every level of education.
International students are not left out of these benefits as Ireland is well known for its welcoming visa and work policies for international students.

SOME QUICK FACTS ABOUT IRELAND
The Republic of Ireland makes up five-sixths of the island (70,282 square kilometers). The northern part of the island - and the Republic of Ireland's only land border - consists of Northern Ireland, which is officially part of the United Kingdom.
The official languages are English and Irish. They have a population of 4.7 million people and 50% of that are under the age of 35.
The main cities are Dublin (the capital), Cork, Limerick, and Galway.
The Irish government invests heavily in its open economy, well-functioning, business infrastructure, and education system.
In 2015, Ireland's economy grew more rapidly than China's and India's, expanding by 7.85 percent over the previous year.
Ireland now ranks among the top 10 most competitive economies in the world and in 2017, it was ranked #1 by the European Commission in terms of economic growth among European Countries.
Many leading global firms - such as Google, Facebook, and eBay - have their European headquarters in Ireland, providing international students with access to exceptional networking, work, and internship opportunities.

I will be writing other details about education in Ireland in the subsequent posts.
However, my intention of creating this thread is to assist whoever after going through the information here or from his/her own research is keen about studying in Ireland. I will personally guide and apply to the school for the person for free.
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by dlw09(f): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2019
very good ,Ireland is a beautiful country!

Emmitex:
Over the past years, there has been an increasing number of students from countries worldwide who have chosen Ireland as a study destination. This is because Ireland as a leading study abroad destination in the world is committed to excellence at every level of education.
International students are not left out of these benefits as Ireland is well known for its welcoming visa and work policies for international students.

SOME QUICK FACTS ABOUT IRELAND
The Republic of Ireland makes up five-sixths of the island (70,282 square kilometers). The northern part of the island - and the Republic of Ireland's only land border - consists of Northern Ireland, which is officially part of the United Kingdom.
The official languages are English and Irish. They have a population of 4.7 million people and 50% of that are under the age of 35.
The main cities are Dublin (the capital), Cork, Limerick, and Galway.
The Irish government invests heavily in its open economy, well-functioning, business infrastructure, and education system.
In 2015, Ireland's economy grew more rapidly than China's and India's, expanding by 7.85 percent over the previous year.
Ireland now ranks among the top 10 most competitive economies in the world and in 2017, it was ranked #1 by the European Commission in terms of economic growth among European Countries.
Many leading global firms - such as Google, Facebook, and eBay - have their European headquarters in Ireland, providing international students with access to exceptional networking, work, and internship opportunities.

I will be writing other details about education in Ireland in the subsequent posts.
However, my intention of creating this thread is to assist whoever after going through the information here or from his/her own research is keen about studying in Ireland. I will personally guide and apply to the school for the person for free.
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
IRELAND QUALIFICATIONS RECOGNITION
Ireland is part of the Bologna Process(comprises of 48 countries including EU and non EU member countries) which ensures that qualifications from within the European Higher Education Area are highly recognized and accepted within the member countries and worldwide.

The Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is responsible for developing and maintaining the National Qualifications Framework (NFQ) and for quality standards (Quality Assurance and Pastoral Care) in both the higher education sector and English Language schools.

The NFQ allows international students to easily compare and contrast qualifications in order to plan their education, training and career progression. Other Features are:

The system helps employers to identify 'appropriate fit' qualifications for specific roles and suitable candidates by being able to use the NFQ to suit their needs.
To find out if a course meets your needs, it is essential that you know what qualification is awarded at the end of the course.
The NFQ provides a way to compare qualifications and ensure that they are quality assured and recognised at home and abroad.
The NFQ is used to compare Irish qualifications with foreign qualifications.
International students travelling to Ireland with qualifications gained abroad can use the NFQ to get these qualifications recognised.
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR YOUR STUDY IN IRELAND
Studying in Ireland involves some steps and they are:
1) Choosing A College and programme: you need to get as much information as possible about the college and the course you're interested in. Once you've made your choices you can then apply to the school.
2) Applying For A Course: Before you apply ensure that you have the needed documents ready and that your academic and English language standards meet those required.
3) Confirming A Place: If you are offered a place, you will be required to pay the tuition fee. This is important that you do it as soon as possible so as to secure your place with the school.
4) Booking Accommodation: Upon accepting your place with the school, contemplate about the practical aspects of living in Ireland. Generally, three types of accommodation are on offer: rented apartments, student accommodation, and homestays. Most Universities and colleges have accommodation officers to help you decide which type is best based on individual preference.
5) Got Your Passport: Try to get your passport as soon as possible. If you already have one, check it is valid for a sufficient amount of time. if it's due to expire in less than twelve months, apply for a new one.
6) Check The Immigration And Visa Regulations: Apply for your student visa.
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2019
Studying Cost and living Expenses in Ireland

Before deciding to study in Ireland, you should ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover your cost of living. For students who require a visa, being able to demonstrate this will form part of your application. While you may be able to undertake part-time work during your time in Ireland, you should not have to rely on this income to meet all your expenses.

Tuition costs vary depending on the course, the institution and whether you are classified as a European student or non-European student.
Tuition fee for non-EU students at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels varies between 9000 euros and above per year.

Living expenses vary depending upon where the higher education the person chooses to study in is located; on the type of accommodation he/she prefers, and on the personal expenditure chosen.

Other costs to have in mind are medical insurance, travel cost, and registration with police in Ireland etc.
On average, expect to spend between 7500euros and 12,000euros per year on Living expenses.
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2019
NCI is offering a big opportunity and huge scholarship to graduates whose area of study is not ICT related but that would like to switch over to an information technology course at postgraduate level.

Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Smara(f): 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello

Emmitex:
IRELAND QUALIFICATIONS RECOGNITION
Ireland is part of the Bologna Process(comprises of 48 countries including EU and non EU member countries) which ensures that qualifications from within the European Higher Education Area are highly recognized and accepted within the member countries and worldwide.

The Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is responsible for developing and maintaining the National Qualifications Framework (NFQ) and for quality standards (Quality Assurance and Pastoral Care) in both the higher education sector and English Language schools.

The NFQ allows international students to easily compare and contrast qualifications in order to plan their education, training and career progression. Other Features are:

The system helps employers to identify 'appropriate fit' qualifications for specific roles and suitable candidates by being able to use the NFQ to suit their needs.
To find out if a course meets your needs, it is essential that you know what qualification is awarded at the end of the course.
The NFQ provides a way to compare qualifications and ensure that they are quality assured and recognised at home and abroad.
The NFQ is used to compare Irish qualifications with foreign qualifications.
International students travelling to Ireland with qualifications gained abroad can use the NFQ to get these qualifications recognised.

Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hi smara

Smara:

Hello

Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 28, 2019
Hi,I'm interested
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by AdimGreat(f): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
Hello OP

Nice job you are doing.

Could you also give information on employment permit application process for Ireland. I have been searching online for the requirements and I only seem to see that one would require an employment contract from an employer in Ireland before applying for the Visa.
How do I go about securing employment while still here in Nigeria to be able to apply for the Visa?
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
You can send me a WhatsApp message to the number on my signature.

Fajemz001:
Hi,I'm interested
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hi there,
You can only apply for an employment permit visa after you have gotten an employment permit from the department in charge of jobs in Ireland.
The different types of employment permits issued by this department include "Critical Skills Employment Permit" and "General Employment Permit."

Eligible occupations under these permit are those that are highly skilled and in which there is a shortage of the supply in the Irish labour market.

However, getting such jobs is easier in Ireland when the person goes there first for Education.

There masters programme is usually 1 year. After the 1 year masters programme, the individual gets an automatic 2 years work visa to stay in Ireland and work.

quote author=AdimGreat post=80717126]Hello OP

Nice job you are doing.

Could you also give information on employment permit application process for Ireland. I have been searching online for the requirements and I only seem to see that one would require an employment contract from an employer in Ireland before applying for the Visa.
How do I go about securing employment while still here in Nigeria to be able to apply for the Visa?
[/quote]
Re: Study And Work In Ireland by Emmitex(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
Application is open now for the January/February 2020 academic intake periods. Apply Now!

(1) (Reply)

Student Sleeps Non-stop For Three Weeks Due To Strange ‘sleeping Beauty’syndrome / Meet The Latest Doctor In Nigeria Who Is Also An Engineer / Stop Waiting For Jamb, Apply At National Open University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.