Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* - Technology Market (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* (5288312 Views)

Dallas Picker/ Order for goods via OfferUp, letgo,eBay, amazon and other sites / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (10847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Emmanuelugo(m): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
cool
Emmanuelugo:
hp omen 15

Full HD IPS
i7 7th Gen
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB dedicated

Already in Nigeria 
https:///2347064392991
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by ACRI: 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by ayowiz(m): 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
ACRI:

Now you get the entire picture, if he appeals to wildchild properly he can still salvage the situation
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by BelieveTech(m): 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
Already in Lagos

New
Phone 11 pro
256gb grey
chip unlocked

New
iPhone XS Max
256gb white
Chip unlocked

iPhone 8 Plus red
64gb chip unlock

AirPod 1

MacBook Pro Touchbar 2017
256gb 8gb
Space grey
Box and accessories

MacBook Air 2018
Rose Gold & Grey
128gb 8gb

MacBook Pro 2017
Non Touch Bar
Space Grey
128gb 8gb
Box and accessories

MacBook Pro 2016
non Touch Bar
128gb 8gb

2 MacBook Air 13 inches 2015
128gb 8gb

MacBook Air 2017
Silver
128gb 8gb

Hp spectre 15
Core i7 7th gen
512gb 16gb, 2gb dedicated NVIDIA
Sleeve, pen and mouse

Asus Q524 X360
2TB 12gb, 2gb dedicated NVIDIA
Core i7 box and accessories

Call or WhatsApp 08136537584
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Reeefe(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Baadal(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
ayowiz:

Now you get the entire picture, if he appeals to wildchild properly he can still salvage the situation
I have been trying to ignore you...do you know what baseband issue is? Any fault that requires panel is not repairable and even if you successfully repair it, it can never be the same, it will keep re-occurring. It is the picker's duty to make sure they avoid these sort of phones and they're very easy to spot. If a phone takes longer time than usual to boot up then it's a sign. Are you blaming me now because this isn't your money? Please watch what you say next time.

22 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Rakiticbarca: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Rakiticbarca:
Deal Alert

Like New DELL Latitude E5480
i7-6th Gen
500GB SSD
16GB
Backlit keyboard
Touch screen
SimCard Tray
Nvidia GeForce 930mx 2GB graphics card

TLC 135k

4pcs available 2pcs left
still available
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Rakiticbarca: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
Rakiticbarca:
Deal alert

Like New DELL Latitude E5480
i7-7th Gen
500GB SSD
16GB
Backlit keyboard
SimCard Tray

2pcs

TLC 130k
still available
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by bobo65(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
ayowiz:

Let start by telling you sorry for your loss, i totally understand wildchild's angle to the issue, i had a similar encounter sometime last years but in my own case i ordered through another notable member of nairaland. when i picked up the phone it refused to come on i reached to the person who i got the deal from and he told me he didn't know about it, i then in turn reached out to daaz who was the picker over the issue and he told me that at the point of picking up he tested the phone to see if the icloud was off before he went ahead. i eventually took the phone to a phone repairer who confirmed that phone had gotten into the phone,apparently the previous owner had tested the water resistance feature of the iphone 7 plus to cut the long story short i had to pay about ₦30,000 for screen repair and other issues. the moral of the above is that most times when we order for phones from outside the country we tend to buy blind market hence that why they are cheaper than market rate,the people who have shops in ikeja have factored the risk and loss that could befall them from such items hence the reason for their high costing. My advice is that you should appeal to wildchild to bear a part of the loss and you should stop feeling entitled, but yourself in the shoes of wildchild, if you ordered the phone directly via offered and shipped through any of the shippers ?

N.B : Please nobody should come at me for my comment, i reserve the right to say whatever i want to say

If what u wrote makes sense to you, then i feel so sad for you.

I think deal hunter guys should start putting disclaimer that the items they pick up are "as is" meaning that end user or buyer bears responsibility of items condition wen it arrives, let's see if anyone will be buying from them.

I dropped a tlc for pixel 3 xl, Someone here paid for it, it came and tho it didn't have any crack, it had scratches on it, I got the phone and saw it was noticeable scratches and refunded the buyer almost immediately, funniest thing is that I sold it here higher than what the buyer paid(but that's by d way).

What I'm saying is, u can't tell the buyer to beg d deal hunter, it doesnt make any sense, iv known baadal for a while and I can tell u he isn't the one that spoilt that phone, so he paying for an item that wasn't described accordingly is so wrong.

At this juncture, I think we should summon the picker and wildchild, this has to be settled in a right way.

55k for a locked iPhone 7 plus isn't too much a sweet deal for we to say buyer is greedy, but even at that, he bought the item cos the deal hunter is reputable.

I stand against buyer carrying the cross alone.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by wildchild1: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by chidekings(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
With most cases I see here,most of you deal hunters can't successfully run a shop

11 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Akinlekan(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2019
Deal Alert!!!
Brand New Samsung Galaxy Note 10 256GB open box with full accessories.
AIN: 250k

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by bobo65(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
wildchild1:
So this guy messaged me about the phone not charging, and I told him to try another charger and he should keep me updated.

About an hour later, he sent some messages and called me, but I couldn't reply or take the call cos I was in church. He then said I should read when I can that his client is asking for a refund. So I decided to quickly read his messages where he mentioned that the phone freezes, immediately I told him I would message the picker because at the point of pick up, he's supposed to confirm touch and all.

Next thing, this guy started saying, what's his business with picker, that he paid to me that I should settle him and face picker blah blah. Then I asked him, does he expect me to swallow everything he just told me hook line and sinker? It's not as if we've done transactions before, so why should I just believe you.

Lemme digress a bit.. The phone wasn't just a random offer up deal, I got the phone from my regular supplier which Lionlee and QDLVY can testify to his honesty, if there's any problem with a phone, this guy would definitely tell me. On this particular deal, the supplier told me the phone was T-Mobile, when picker got to his place, the supplier told him he just confirmed that the phone is Sprint and they had to call me if I still want it or not. That's to tell you how sincere the supplier is.

Moving on, I asked Bode (the person in charge of items) if this guy checked the phone in his presence when he came to pick up and he said no. Note that I had already sent message to picker to ask if he noticed anything about the phone at pick up. We all know there's time difference, yet this guy started ranting saying it's 4 hours already and I'm yet to get back to him, the screenshot attached here shows the time I sent message to picker and when he responded... 5 solid hours and 9 mins. Anyways after speaking with picker on the phone, he said he didn't notice anything absurd at the point of pick up.

Facts of the case:

1. Picker said he didn't notice any problem with phone during pick up in Chicago.
2. This guy didn't check phone at the point of pick up in Lagos.
3. My supplier is an honest person whom I've been transacting with for more than 6 months.
4. This is the first time this guy is buying TLC deal from me.

The question I would ask is, if anyone were to be in my shoes, who would you trust or believe more?

Buyers first fault - - he didn't inspect the phone before leaving the delivery pickup location.
Baadal why didn't u inspect your phone before leaving the location?

Wildchild, how long did it take Baadal to tell you about the faults after picking up the phone?

1 Like

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by wesley80(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
bobo65:

I think deal hunter guys should start putting disclaimer that the items they pick up are "as is" meaning that end user or buyer bears responsibility of items condition wen it arrives, let's see if anyone will be buying from them.

I dropped a tlc for pixel 3 xl, Someone here paid for it, it came and tho it didn't have any crack, it had scratches on it, I got the phone and saw it was noticeable scratches and refunded the buyer almost immediately, funniest thing is that I sold it here higher than what the buyer paid(but that's by d way).

What I'm saying is, u can't tell the buyer to beg d deal hunter, it doesnt make any sense, iv known baadal for a while and I can tell u he isn't the one that spoilt that phone, so he paying for an item that wasn't described accordingly is so wrong.

At this juncture, I think we should summon the picker and wildchild, this has to be settled in a right way.

55k for a locked iPhone 7 plus isn't too much a sweet deal for we to say buyer is greedy, but even at that, he bought the item cos the deal hunter is reputable.

Your suggestion is fine but I think we should put sentiments aside and call a spade a spade lest we set an unpleasant precedence others might take advantage of. Whether you know buyer or not is immaterial to this issue. The name of the game is "cover your ass" and on this occasion, Wildchild had his ass covered. Once you fail to carry out your own due diligence - for whatever reason, you've set your ass to get screwed and you're at the mercy of the other party.
Buyer failed to inspect the item on pick up else this would have been a non issue. But under this circumstance with conflicting accounts from both the Picker and the Buyer, the deal hunter is at liberty to choose who to believe and he's made his choice.
So do I think the buyer is lying? Probably not given that the issues he listed couldn't have been made up with the short time span between receipt and complaint. However, this posturing and tossing the entire blame on the seller won't resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by zevous: 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by bobo65(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
wesley80:

Your suggestion is fine but I think we should put sentiments aside and call a spade a spade lest we set an unpleasant precedence others might take advantage of. The name of the game is "cover your ass" and on this occasion, Wildchild had his ass covered. Once you fail to carry out your own due diligence - for whatever reason, you've set your ass to get screwed and you're at the mercy of the other party.
Buyer failed to inspect the item on pick up else this would have been a non issue. But under this circumstance with conflicting accounts from both the Picker and the Buyer, the deal hunter is at liberty to choose who to believe and he's made his choice.
So do I think the buyer is lying? Probably not given that the issues he listed couldn't have been made up with the short time span between receipt and complaint. However, this posturing and tossing the entire blame on the seller won't resolve the issue.

You are very right, I actually said buyer won't carry the cross alone, meaning that he too will share in some of the losses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by khalazi: 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
wildchild1:
So this guy messaged me about the phone not charging,

He's now 'this guy' so soon.

25 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by ChisomK9(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
khalazi:

you no go stand one side

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Lekanberry(m): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
khalazi:

Lol... dats life bro. Someone he had a transaction with has turned to dis guy

9 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by wildchild1: 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
wesley80:

Your suggestion is fine but I think we should put sentiments aside and call a spade a spade lest we set an unpleasant precedence others might take advantage of. Whether you know buyer or not is immaterial to this issue. The name of the game is "cover your ass" and on this occasion, Wildchild had his ass covered. Once you fail to carry out your own due diligence - for whatever reason, you've set your ass to get screwed and you're at the mercy of the other party.

Honestly speaking, I'm might have refunded this guy or find another solution just for the sake of peace but he threatened me saying I don't wanna start this blah blah, and the way he was hammering on refund was suspicious, it's a simple thing, you complained something to me, am I not supposed to verify? Am I fool? Hell No!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Baadal(m): 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
bobo65:

Buyers first fault - - he didn't inspect the phone before leaving the delivery pickup location.

Wildchild, how long did it take Baadal to tell you about the faults after picking up the phone?
Phone was off....i had difficulties powering it on.the person in charge was in a haste he told me to charge it

Immediately i got home when i was battling to power it ON i contacted WILDCHILD about it.pls read our conversation

1 Like

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by wildchild1: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
bobo65:

I wouldn't know the precise time he picked it up. He only messaged me he picked the phone up this morning.
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by bobo65(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
Baadal:

Phone was off....i had difficulties powering it on.the person in charge was in a haste he told me to charge it

Immediately i got home when i was battling to power it ON i contacted WILDCHILD about it.pls read our conversation

WILDCHILD, put yourself in this guy's shoes abeg
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by khalazi: 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
ChisomK9:
you no go stand one side

3 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by bobo65(m): 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
wildchild1:

Honestly speaking, I'm might have refunded this guy or find another solution just for the sake of peace but he threatened me saying I don't wanna start this blah blah, and the way he was hammering on refund was suspicious, it's a simple thing, you complained something to me, am I not supposed to verify? Am I fool? Hell No!!!

True, I must say
Badaal the way u were in a haste for WILDCHILD to settle you was really suspicious, I read your chats but you should have let him do his investigations.
The threat wasn't necessary yet, I must say they came in quite too early.

1 Like

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Baadal(m): 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
bobo65:

You are very right, I actually said buyer won't carry the cross alone, meaning that he too will share in some of the losses
What loss am i sharing here?dont let that guy brainwash you...its not his money so he can run his mouth carelessly

2 Likes

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by KulKid(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
Bills2307:
Tnx baba. But to be honest with you. My budget is 0- 85k for s8 plus.
100k is way above my budget
I have for sale! Very neat 90k dual sim S8 plus! 85k for single sim! WhatsApp on 09064824003! Don't know y people are tryna cut others neck with price! cry
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Aruos(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
Baba thanks for the reference
Toceenay:

Contact Aruos
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by Baadal(m): 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
bobo65:

True, I must say
Badaal the way u were in a haste to settle you was really suspicious, I read your chats but you should have let him do his investigations.
The threat wasn't necessary yet, I must say they came in quite too early.
Actually i got pissed off i must admit....i waited for almost 5hrs to get the outcome i dont want to hear.Picker will never admit to him its his fault... hence it will affect me.I feared the worst.I knew picker's inclusion is to counter my claim
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by WildChild00(m): 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
Customers are always right, no matter the outcome, it's brings bad ratings to the seller, if nothing is done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by ayowiz(m): 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
bobo65:

i have known and respected you for a while, if you read through my post very well i am not in support of the 'victim' bearing the loss alone, most times this approach of feeling entitled doesn't go any far, i think we can all remember the case of sinebaba and the gift card guy, we all saw the way that issue played out or the techprodigy issue, after all the hype the whole issues goes down. like i also said before that my view to the personal and i would really appreciate it if nobody insults me. At this point one of the most realist approaches to the issue is for the guy to reach out to wildchild and re discuss and they meet them self on a middle point. I think the idea of deal hunters putting up disclaimer is a very good that way they are not responsible for any loss
Re: All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* by wesley80(m): 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Baadal:

What loss am i sharing here?dont let that guy brainwash you...its not his money so he can run his mouth carelessly
Carry your fifty five thasand iPhone 7 plus wahala go o. Make me self follow go one side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (10847) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.