Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,191 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects (572 Views)

FG Kicks Off Agriculture For Food And Job Plan / The School feeding Programme Of FG Kicks Of In Lagos Today / Yahaya Bello Flags Off Road In Kabba By 3 Am - Dino Melaye (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by statisticianmusa(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
The Federal Government has flagged-off its roads for tax-refund initiative with Dangote Construction handling a 16-kilometre Ofeme Community road network in Ohuhu in Umuahia North local Government, Abia State.

The community road project which is expected to be delivered under the FG’s Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme enables private sector like Dangote, Unilever, NLBG and others to invest in road construction, making it possible to upgrade access roads to industrial and manufacturing clusters and reduce cost of transportation which results into reduction in the cost of food and other services, thereby curbing inflation.

Speaking during the flag-off ceremony in Ofeme Abia state, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Okechukwu Enelemah, called on the people to give the contractor the needed cooperation to enable it complete the road project in record time of one year stated in the contractual agreement.

Also speaking, the Federal Controller of Works, Abia State, Engr. Nwankwo Chuwudike, who represented the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Raji Fashola, said “the road would not only enhance the standard of living of the Ofeme community, it would also lead to reduction in the cost of transportation and ultimately help in poverty reduction.”

He called on the people of Ofeme to own the project while also “appealing to all road users, and the youths of this community to be supportive, patient and mindful of road diversions during construction, while we hold the contractors to their bond of timely and quality delivery of this service.”

Federal Government recently resolved to continue with massive infrastructural development across the country under Executive Order #007 signed by President Muhammadu Buhari in January. Six private sector players will execute 19 road projects under the Executive Order 7. They are Dangote Industries Limited; Lafarge Africa Plc; Unilever Nigeria Plc; Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc; Nigeria LNG Limited; and China Road and Bridge Corporation Nigeria Limited.

These Investors will be investing in 19 Eligible Road Pilot scheme projects, totalling 794.4km which have been prioritised in 11 States across each of the 6 Geo-Political Zones.

The Minister of Finance Mrs Zainab Ahmed who chairs the Scheme’s management committee said that “Executive Order #007 of 2019 on the Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme will incentivise private sector investment in Nigerian roads across key economic corridors and industrial clusters, relieving the Government of the burden of funding the initial outlays for these investments.”

source:http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-kicks-off-road-for-tax-refund-projects/

Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by bongo2011: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
Good development! FG is putting lots of effort on infrastructural development.
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by Atiku4betaNaija: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2019
a lot of Yorubas will vote against Buhari next Saturday. In their millions.
I know of many of them. The Yorubas voters are perhaps some of the most sophisticated voters in the country. They know a bad product when they see one.
It will shock you guys
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by Atiku4betaNaija: 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2019
IF BUHARI WINS, HE WILL GIVE MORE CONTRACTS TO HIS RELATIVE
More contracts would be awarded to his relatives and he has asked them to create more account so they can store more money for him there during his last rule.
All this was revealed to me by a relative of Buhari.
Watch out Nigerians, Buhari second tenure will be hell. I voted fore Buhari in 2015 but he is a big disappointment.
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by slivertongue: 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
abandan project loading
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by Ovamboland(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
Atiku4betaNaija:
More contracts would be awarded to his relatives and he has asked them to create more account so they can store more money for him there during his last rule.
Watch out Nigerians, Buhari second tenure will be hell. I voted fore Buhari in 2015 but he is a big disappointment.

Olodo!

Even the ones you call businessmen could not think of this type of solution and implement it without corruption, court cases, cancellations. See how they wasted our time and countless lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway with the Bi-Courtney concession that was eventually cancelled.
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by olagbola45(m): 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2019
Atiku4betaNaija:

I smh for ur life

Iffa have ur location I would have come for u y cos wot u just type dia is a treason offence

You will b delt with sooner or later

Book dis down
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by MrAJQ(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2019
God bless the President Mohammadu Buhari God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by mekaboy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
Good morning APC, goodbye.
Re: FG Kicks Off Road For Tax Refund Projects by Mariory(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2019
Interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Will N Power Beneficiary Vote Buhari Or Atiku? / Poll Results: PDP Wins All 15 Central Polling Units In Mpape, Abuja - Vanguard / Buhari Wins On Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.