Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer (1504 Views)

How Many Days Does Your Phone Battery Last? / 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly / How To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Naijakatakata: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
The relatively short life of most smartphone batteries have remained a major headache for many iPhone and Android smartphone users. The ever increasing innovations in the power capacity of smartphone batteries has kept the appetite for better ones distracted, but still hasn't made it something worth calling an issue of the past.

Here are ten steps you should follow to keep your smartphone working for longer hours and at the same time minimize those little wastages that add up.

Turn Wi-Fi Off
This is widely known to be one of the top causes of battery drainage. Whenever you leave your smartphone searching for available Wi-Fi networks, keep in mind that it will utilize a lot of resources which consumes battery power at a much faster pace. You can ultimately work around this by switching off your Wi-Fi at any time you do not require making use of wireless internet.

Lower Your Screen Brightness
It's certain that lowering the brightness of your screen will reduce the rate of depletion of battery life because the brighter your phone screen, the faster your battery runs down.

Make Use Of Airplane Mode
Your smartphone will often attempt to connect to a cellular network by default but by turning on the airplane feature in areas with poor network reception, you'll be saving your battery life. This can be done by switching on airplane mode in settings however, you won't be able to make or receive calls with this mode enabled.

Other battery-saving tips at:

https://www.starklytech.com/2019/02/ten-ways-to-make-your-smartphone-battery-last-longer.html?m=1

Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2019
Rubbish, if u want extreme battery on ur phone, quote me and I'll send u a mod to flash on ur phone, (rooted phones only) thank me later...
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
If you want a good battery life on your phone, first buy a phone that has large battery capacity say 4000 to 5000mah (as electricity is a major problem in niaja).

secondly, get a power bank (original power bank) avoid road side power bank sellers that carry one's with unrealstic capacity like 30,000mah, if you see one with 10,000mah that is sizable buy it.. Or even 6000mah..

Thirdly, avoid draining your battery to 0% all the time as most of these cheap ass phones come with limited recharge cycles so they can sell newer devices, recharge cycles is simply the maximum number of times your phone can go from 100-0% and from 0-100% again before the battery life starts dropping, so when your battery is at 15% ensure you charge it or stop using it..

And lastly keep in mind that almost all smart phones of today (especially ones with inbuilt battery) are not built to last a lifetime (as it's per marketing strategy), along the span of two years of use, you should be thinking of getting a new/current device as many manufacturers don't even provide updates after the phone is phased out..

You bought a smartphone, be smart enough to deal with the problems associated with owning one cheers

3 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
Debramaye:
If you want a good battery life on your phone, first buy a phone that has large battery capacity say 4000 to 5000mah (as electricity is a major problem in niaja).

secondly, get a power bank (original power bank) avoid road side power bank sellers that carry one's with unrealstic capacity like 30,000mah, if you see one with 10,000mah that is sizable buy it.. Or even 6000mah..

Thirdly, avoid draining your battery to 0% all the time as most of these cheap ass phones come with limited recharge cycles so they can sell newer devices, recharge cycles is simply the maximum number of times your phone can go from 100-0% and from 0-100% again before the battery life starts dropping, so when your battery is at 15% ensure you charge it or stop using it..

And lastly keep in mind that almost all smart phones of today (especially ones with inbuilt battery) are not built to last a lifetime (as it's per marketing strategy), along the span of two years of use, you should be thinking of getting a new/current device as many manufacturers don't even provide updates after the phone is phased out..

You bought a smartphone, be smart enough to deal with the problems associated with owning one cheers
Quite impressive! grin
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 20, 2019
questechie:

Quite impressive! grin
kiss
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Realboygenius(m): 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
driand:
Rubbish, if u want extreme battery on ur phone, quote me and I'll send u a mod to flash on ur phone, (rooted phones only) thank me later...

Anything to use on Camon 11 Pro?
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
Realboygenius:

is it rooted?
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 1:05am On Mar 06, 2019
Realboygenius:

root with magisk(latest) then in magisk flash NFS injector

1 Like

Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by dukeo(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2019
driand:

Which phone you using?
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
dukeo:

Which phone you using?
htc one m9
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
driand:

If I root my infinix hot 6.. Would i have the chance of tweaking the navigation bar key ? Perhaps hide it.. Or turn it to gesture ...

Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by dukeo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
driand:
htc one m9

Which version of NFS
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
Abuheekmat:

If I root my infinix hot 6.. Would i have the chance of tweaking the navigation bar key ? Perhaps hide it.. Or turn it to gesture ...

yes, with xposed and gravity box
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
dukeo:

Which version of NFS
NFS godspeed 4.5 stable
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
driand:
yes, with xposed and gravity box

Thanks
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by investigator007: 12:31am On Mar 07, 2019
nice tips,though you wouldn't be needing this if you were using a strong power device like the pouvoir 2.
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by saxby(f): 12:42am On Mar 07, 2019
nice tips,will have to try it out on my tecno device.
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by saxby(f): 12:43am On Mar 07, 2019
yeah the 5000 mah on this pouvoir 2 is a very good one.
investigator007:
nice tips,though you wouldn't be needing this if you were using a strong power device like the pouvoir 2.
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 07, 2019
driand:
htc one m9

Rooting on 8.0 seems done only with PC
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 7:14am On Mar 07, 2019
Abuheekmat:

Rooting on 8.0 seems done only with PC
all htc have to be unlocked via pc first then you can root with or without pc..
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 07, 2019
driand:
all htc have to be unlocked via pc first then you can root with or without pc..

Am using infinix hot 6.. Really wish to root it but no PC
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 7:26am On Mar 07, 2019
Abuheekmat:

Am using infinix hot 6.. If you know the procedure, Really wish to root it but no PC
go to a cyber cafe
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 07, 2019
driand:
go to a cyber cafe

Abeg tell me how I fit do am for cafe
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by driand(m): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
Abuheekmat:

Abeg tell me how I fit do am for cafe
you can find the procedure with Google
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Freelancerx: 11:19pm On Mar 15, 2019
tecno battery is good thoo, you will surily enjoy it.
saxby:
nice tips,will have to try it out on my tecno device.
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by Rubiesangel: 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
My Tecno camon 11 pro battery lasts long enough
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by bravesoul247(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2019
Debramaye:

sharp! Nice input.
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by bravesoul247(m): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2019
Don't allow your device charge up to 100%. Remove it at 99%
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by tafat: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
nice tips,very informative.
Re: Ten Ways To Make Your Smartphone Battery Last Longer by tafat: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
true sha, its advisable to go for phones with good batteries like the pouvoir 2 pro.
Debramaye:

(1) (Reply)

How To Add To,delete Numbers From Airtel Family And Friends / 80k Budget Advice Needed Asap / Buy 1gb For Just ₦160, 5gb ₦800 10gb ₦1600 20gb ₦3200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.