Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada (5633 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Fummiee(f): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hello nairalanders, m planning on giving birth in canada n want to apply 4 d canadian visa,pls can u enlighten me on documents I will need to support my visa application,m I going to b subjected to do a pregnancy test?? Thank u as I await ur reply nd any useful info u can render
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Fogman(m): 6:59am On Aug 26, 2010
MrPrsdent:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

Get details from this site. Good luck!
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by butter(m): 8:14am On Dec 15, 2011
hi fummiee, i was going through nairaland and i saw your post on this.
we're thinking of doing the same ie giving birth in Canada. i want to know from your experience how everything turned out. your help in this would be highly appreciated. looking forward to your reply.

thanks
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Awahid: 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
– You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport).
– Two recent passport photos are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs.
– Enclose the application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
– You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
– You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.

South African Airways UK
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by obaseki11: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
Awahid:

– You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport).
– Two recent passport photos are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs.
– Enclose the application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
– You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
– You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.
@Awahid pls i just applied for a canadian visit visa (though) i am married to a canadian just last month
then i came back here to submit ma application pls can you/anyone here let me know how long visiting visa takes to be processed?
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Awahid: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
Many factors affect Immigration application processing times, including the following:
-The particular Canadian Immigration Visa Office processing your application;
-The category of Canadian Immigration under which you apply;
-Whether you can find work in Canada;
-The way in which your application and supporting documents have been prepared;
-Whether or not you are required to attend a personal interview; and,
-Events beyond your control.
It is difficult to find a reliable source to provide you with an accurate indication of just how long it will take for you to receive your Canada Immigration Visa. Citizenship and Immigration Canada publishes all Canadian Immigration Visa Offices' application processing times for Skilled Workers, Business Applicants, Provincial Nominees and Family Sponsorships. However, those published times are not always current and are also vague.

South African Airways UK
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by butter(m): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hi awahid

Thanks for the reply. What I wanted to know is if a pregnant woman (6months gone)  will be allowed to give birth in canada and whether the baby will be a citizen. I ask because I've heard divergent opinions on this:
Some say yes the child will be a citizen
Some say the child won't be a citizen until 18 when the child can apply for citizenship
There's yet another one saying that the child won't be a citizen except he's born to parents who are canadian citizens or have PR status.

Also I wanted to ask how does the whole process go, these are what I'm hoping fummiee who I assume went through it all.
But I appreciate ur response and will appreciate any further information u can give especially with regards to the questions I raised.

Expecting your reply and thanks again.
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by GBASKY: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
it should be noted that giving birth in canada does not give you an automatic canadian citizen i mean your unborn and you so think about it
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Kx: 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
GBASKY:

it should be noted that giving birth in canada does not give you an automatic canadian citizen i mean your unborn and you so think about it
What then is the use going there to give birth?
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by overloved(m): 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
***In general, everyone born in Canada from 1947 or later acquires Canadian citizenship at birth. The only exceptions concern children born to diplomats, where additional requirements apply.
Children born to residents holding temporary work or study permits are not citizens at birth. Most persons born in Canada before 1947 acquired Canadian citizenship on 1 January 1947 if still living at that date.
Section 3(2) of the Current Act states that Canadian citizenship is not granted to a child born in Canada if, at the time of his/her birth, neither of his/her parents was a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident and either parent was a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative or employee of a foreign government in Canada or an employee of such a person.
However, should the immigration status of the parents of such persons change to permanent resident, they may be granted citizenship immediately, or when the parents acquire citizenship through naturalization, at the discretion of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.***

BOTTTOMLINE. anyone born in canada is a citizen of Canada by birth. regardless of the parent citizenship status, unless they are diplomats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_nationality_law#Birth_in_Canada
Re: Requirements Toget A Visiting Visa To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
did any of u succeed in giving birth in Canada?

(1) (Reply)

An Aerial View Of The Nearly Completed Fly-over Bridge At In Kano State. / Kano Businessman, AA Rano, Launches Airline / Travelling With Black Magic Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.