Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military (11303 Views)

Tinubu Rigged His Way Into Power To Kill Nigerians – Aisha Yesufu / Video Of Soldiers Killing Policemen In Taraba: Don’t Kill Me, Policeman Begged / Invest In Education Not Just Anti-corruption - Ben Bruce Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by PresidoAtikuGcf: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajericho:
you mean the highly corrupted government back then?,are you okay at all?

So he overthrew a Government(treason) because of "corruption"?. You are a dunce.
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by sunbilor(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajericho:
How old were you in 1983?
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by sunbilor(m): 12:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
PresidoAtikuGcf:

So he overthrew a Government(treason) because of "corruption"?. You are a dunce.

grin
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by sunbilor(m): 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajericho:
What does the law say about coup plotters?
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Baawaa(m): 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
rawfact:

Crime Scene can be more complex than you think.

Imagine a scenario where a thug from PDP, APC or any other party throws a snatched ballot box at you who was innocently standing by, while trying to escape from being gunned down by the army. Unfortunately, one of the soldiers didn't see through the situation and suddenly opens fire on you (God forbid), can your corpse defend your innocence?

So they should kill the crime and not the life.
That statement is just to threaten them,do you know that PMB had meeting with all security's chiefs after he made the statement
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Lush100(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
oga ben, don't u think we are too many in nigeria haba!!

laughs in spiritual powers runs outta thread

1 Like

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by uthlaw: 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
sunbilor:
So what happens to Buhari who overthrew Nigeria first democratic government?
then it was military regime, buhari also was overthrew.
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by uthlaw: 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
okenwa101:

if they misfire may it hit ur own!!! Foolish bloodsuckers.
they can't misfire here in North because we ain't snatching ballot box,we moving to the next level already....
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by cococandy(f): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
Unfortunately for the people who support this, they will be the ones who end up dead. By then they can’t even see how they were wrong by championing extrajudicial killings. Because they will already be dead. Killed by the very lawlessness they encourage
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by uthlaw: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
frosbel2:

And it is people like you with a primitive mentality that are taking the country back.
at your age if you are still thinking is PDP or APC that will move this country forward,you are at your own risk.....if you plan to snatch ballot box baba you go die because of 20000,be humble you no get two life!
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by uthlaw: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
frosbel2:

And it is people like you with a primitive mentality that are taking the country back.
if you still believe is pdp or APC that will move this country forward,you are at your own risk..... snatch ballot box because of 10k make them kill you werey.....
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by ajericho(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
sunbilor:
How old were you in 1983?
I was your fathers age oponu
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by ajericho(m): 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
PresidoAtikuGcf:

na your papa be dunce, so you prefer the money looting government?, no wonder you supporting atiku
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Acidosis(m): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
It is well, we should expect more news with this title alleged ballot snatcher.

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Corperadams: 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
Do u knw how many people will b killed and tag them as ballot box snatchers. ?
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
uthlaw:
if you snatch ballot box you will be killed.... foolish bastard!

1 Like

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Lovetoglory(m): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
nairafame:
Ahead of the 2019 presidential election, Ben Murray-Bruce, the Senator representing Bayelsa East has warned politicians against shedding blood of Nigerians.

Bruce on Tuesday urged the military and other security agencies to protect Nigerians and prosecute offenders rather than shed blood.

The Bayelsa lawmaker, on his Twitter page, said this in reference to statement by President Muhammadu Buhari ordering the military to ‘kill’ any ballot box snatcher.

According to him, the Armed forces must realize that “they are protectors of Nigerians.”

Bruce wrote: “Nobody’s political ambition is worth the blood of any citizen. Nobody at all. We must direct the armed forces to realize that they are the protectors of the Nigerian people.

“Under no circumstances must they kill, maim, or injure the Nigerian people. Prosecute instead of killing.”
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/02/nigerias-election-prosecute-dont-kill.html

oga u are very stupid. They should prosecute so that afterwards, you will now go and bribe your charge and bail lawyer to release them abi. Ewu. Snatch first and see what will happen to you are ur boys. Oga military kill them all snatchers jare

1 Like

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by GoldHorse(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
PreciousJuice:
Nigerians!
We need 2 things
(1) critical mental assessment
(2) new constitution that enforce rule of law and order
Crazy individuals coming out to say " no don't kill ballot thiefs, prosecute them" and tons of bigoted and hatred driven Nigerians agree with it
Following due process doesn't work in Nigeria, at least not in all cases,
According to the weak and controversial constitution, a ballot thief is to be sentenced to 24months in jail, and I can boldly say thousands of miscreants in this country are ready to do the time in return for stealing ballot boxes for a saddening price as low as #20000,
But one thing I've learned about my beloved country people is if you want a desired and effective change , you must enforce it which is why the President's directive is what we need to check ballot theft
Again, steal a ballot and pay with your miserable life

Dont mind the thiefs. PMB position is even supported by law....

This is the position of the Constitution.

“Section 33(2)(a) and (c) of the 1999 constitution says:
(1)Every person has a right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life, save in execution of the sentence of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty in Nigeria.
(2) A person shall not be regarded as having been deprived of his life in contravention of this section, if he dies as a result of the use, to such extent and in such circumstances as are permitted by law, of such force as is reasonably necessary -
(a) for the defense of any person from unlawful violence or
(b) for the defense of property:
(c) for the purpose of suppressing a riot, insurrection or mutiny."
“If a person armed with dangerous weapons like bombs, guns, knives and machetes wants to snatch a ballot box or electoral materials he can be shot dead for the defense of the ballot box and election materials which is the foundation upon which our democracy is built and which is a property of the Nigerian people.
He can be shot dead for unleashing violence and death on INEC officials and innocent voters.
He can be shot dead because he has engaged in a riot against democracy.
He can be shot dead because he has engaged in mutiny and insurrection against democracy and the will of the people to elect people of their choice into public office.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by PresidoAtikuGcf: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajericho:
na your papa be dunce, so you prefer the money looting government?, no wonder you supporting atiku

Na your mama's puna be the main dunce for conceiving and bringing forth a truant like you.
Yes I will forever prefer a thief to a terrorist and mass death syndicate, this is why i can never support Buhari cos i have safety concerns.
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by ajericho(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
PresidoAtikuGcf:

Na your mama's puna be the main dunce for conceiving and bringing forth a truant like you.
Yes I will forever prefer a thief to a terrorist and mass death syndicate, this is why i can never support Buhari cos i have safety concerns.
but why are you meaningless being so hypocrite like this?,weren't people killed under Gej?y'all are talking like atiku would really stop the killing in this country,let's wait and see what a thief has to offer
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Kingjames(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
GOV. WIKE: If you rig election or snatch ballot boxes in Rivers State you'll die.

WAILERS: Yes, I hail you, my Governor. Kill everyone of them. Anyone that manipulates the electoral process must die. He won’t leave this our PH alive.

GOV. FAYOSE: Anyone who brings his rigging madness to Ekiti State will not go home alive. He will die on the spot. In fact, Ado Ekiti will be on fire

WAILERS: That's my hero. The brave man of Ekiti. Yes, kill anyone you see snatching ballot box. Oloshi !

PRESIDENT BUHARI: Anyone who snatches ballot box is risking his life. He could be killed.

WAILERS: Arrhhh! Why? Is that what the law says? Buhari is a tyrant. We reject this recourse to impunity. Say no to dictatorship.
Yeye man! Dictator ! Killer!
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by lifedynamics: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
rusher14:
Why is PDP taking this ballot box snatching matter personally?

Same thing I've been wondering ooo grin grin
Group of theives are wailing...they want to rig freely na grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by RTSC: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Larryndelaw:

The intellectual gap btw us is that you support Ballot Box snatching while I don't support it.
So what I wrote there means I supporting ballot snatching?
Which unfortunate university or polytechnic did you graduate from again?
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by PresidoAtikuGcf: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajericho:
but why are you meaningless being so hypocrite like this?,weren't people killed under Gej?y'all are talking like atiku would really stop the killing in this country,let's wait and see what a thief has to offer
See idiotic zombie.
Yes people were killed and we all know who orchestrated the killings during GEJ's Government, the same person is now the president yet he can't stop what he started. Now a deadlier group which happens to be same man's kinsmen have swept the entire country with massive slaughter yet no arrest has been made. What is really the plan of you and Buhari? Is there any hidden agenda you want to complete this second term that has made you to still want same people you have killed to still vote for you, please tell us let's take cover..
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by mrfreemind: 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
nairafame:
Ahead of the 2019 presidential election, Ben Murray-Bruce, the Senator representing Bayelsa East has warned politicians against shedding blood of Nigerians.

Bruce on Tuesday urged the military and other security agencies to protect Nigerians and prosecute offenders rather than shed blood.

The Bayelsa lawmaker, on his Twitter page, said this in reference to statement by President Muhammadu Buhari ordering the military to ‘kill’ any ballot box snatcher.

According to him, the Armed forces must realize that “they are protectors of Nigerians.”

Bruce wrote: “Nobody’s political ambition is worth the blood of any citizen. Nobody at all. We must direct the armed forces to realize that they are the protectors of the Nigerian people.

“Under no circumstances must they kill, maim, or injure the Nigerian people. Prosecute instead of killing.”
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/02/nigerias-election-prosecute-dont-kill.html

Na Buharis's own ina see abi
GOV. WIKE: If you rig election or snatch ballot boxes in Rivers State you'll die.

WAILERS: Yes, I hail you, my Governor. Kill everyone of them. Anyone that manipulates the electoral process must die. He won’t leave this our PH alive.

GOV. FAYOSE: Anyone who brings his rigging madness to Ekiti State will not go home alive. He will die on the spot. In fact, Ado Ekiti will be on fire

WAILERS: That's my hero. The brave man of Ekiti. Yes, kill anyone you see snatching ballot box. Oloshi !

PRESIDENT BUHARI: Anyone who snatches ballot box is risking his life. He could be killed.

WAILERS: Arrhhh! Why? Is that what the law says? Buhari is a tyrant. We reject this recourse to impunity. Say no to dictatorship.
Yeye man! Dictator ! Killer !

1 Like

Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by orisa37: 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
The Military are kept for External Security Defence. Whenever and Wherever they are mistakenly seen with The Police, in a Democracy, they can never prosecute civilian offenders, but can arrest as part of their Security Responsibility and immediately handover the offenders to the Police to prosecute.
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Psoul(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2019
In as much as I don't support ballot box snatching, I think the directive of shooting will make it more violent. The ballot snatchers, knowing that they may be shot, will come more prepared and may even shoot the police first. What if it becomes a shootout between them and the security agents, what will happen to people around the polling booth?
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2019
[quote author=magoo10 post=75922495][/quote]

Who wants to argue with a minor or a toddler? I found one
Re: Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military by jude79(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...Buhari...a hypocrite...

yes now..... A person who claims he fights corruption, yet wine and dine with corrupt individuals like maina and lawal etc.. is called what.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cement Transporters And Dealers In Lagos Endorse Tinubu And Sanwo-olu (video) / Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa / We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.