Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Share Your Scam Story - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Share Your Scam Story (837 Views)

SCAMMER TO AVOID - Post Your Scam Experience - / Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Scam Story by Deniafe: 8:46am On Feb 20, 2019
TOO EASY, TOO FLAWLESS

Scammers ride on the fact that many make money online newbies, and everyone really are looking for ways to make a lot of money with very minimal efforts, or want to learn a make money secret that only very people know. So they make luscious offers to distract people from their original intent with is to get your personal information.

If it sounds too easy, too flawless, if it sounds too good to be true, then it most probably is.!

Re: Share Your Scam Story by Deicide: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
I was on Instagram browsing through photos and videos, i was having fun laughing to all these funny video they post to Instagram grin

Then i got a direct message from someone and i decided to check it out. When i opned the message it was a female cause i saw the profile pic was that of Caucasian lady. She said hi and i replied with how may i help you? She said she just broke up with her boyfriend from an abusive relationship and thank goodness she did. I was surprised so i ask, why are you telling me this? She said she was feeling bored and wanted to have fun. I said ok, she then asked if i wanted to do something fun, i said sure grin

She told me that in the next five minute shes going to go nude online in one website like that, that i should come and watch her play with herself. hmm i was excited. I asked her how are we going to go about it she then sent me a link she told me i should register and then login and then i could watch her.

I quickly opened the link filled in my details and clicked next to go to the next part of the registration. This was when i knew it was scam! The site was asking for my credit card details the pin and everything. I just laughed and it then Dawn on me that this might be the way credit card scam are pulled of.

I went back to Instagram and told the lady that the site was asking for my credit card details she told me its no biggie that i should fill it in a hurry and come watch her nude befor its over. I told her i don't have credit card that she should give me her own credit card details to fill in if she so much want me to see her nude. Or we could just video chat on Instagram. She started making more excuses. I got bored of the chat and left.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Scam Story by Deniafe: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Wow, thanks for sharing,,,, but it really it so funny how you were so anticipating to watch her go nude brodaaaa grin.....wah manner of excitement on a high level cheesy cheesy.... but thank God you dint fall into their trap...because it might have caused you a lot, they might even frame you. Like have bin getting post of people lately that were threaten by an unknown persons on sex scandal, they say you have sex video they made of you both, and that they were going to post it online and share with your family members, if you dont give them some certain amount of money... We just need to be very careful, this jet age is really overwhelming for so many people... buh i guess you've learnt from this sha oooo. Do take care of yourself. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Django Form / Next Level Layout GUI / Are These Specs Good Enough For Python?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.