Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. (7930 Views)

I Fear Not The Programmer Who Has Studied 10 Programming Languages In 10yrs, But / Altschoolafrica Review / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2021
I came across this platform online and it is claiming that I wouldn't need to pay tuition fees until employed.
But it is asking I pay $19.99 enrolment fee for any of the specialties chosen.

My questions are,
1. Do they have hidden fees after this payment?
2. How do they get the tuition fee after being employed?

Please, if you are currently studying with them, please share your experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2021
They are new. Their first cohort will start in April next year.

They will get a lot of money from the registrations and screen out a lot of people in January. They will take in just few people.

If you scale through the screening, you will sign an income sharing agreement with them before they admit you. It means you will be paying them when you get job after graduation.

Gee64:
I came across this platform online and it is claiming that I wouldn't need to pay tuition fees until employed.

My questions are,

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Ayo081(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2021
ThankYouGod:

They will get a lot of money from the registrations and screen out a lot of people in January. They will take in just few people.

∆∆∆ How did you know this?

Shouldn't it be that the test will be easy?
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2021
They make the offer attractive by saying:

1. You don't need any tech experience to join
2. You can attend the school anywhere in the world because it's online.
3. You can apply even if you don't have a laptop. They promise to provide laptop.
4. You will be employable in a year.
5. Your age does not matter.
6. It's tuition free
7. They will get you job after the training
8. You only pay back when you're employed.
9. They are affiliated with a recognised university to issue you a certificate.
10. You don't need degree to join.

Who wouldn't apply seeing the above and the only barrier is paying #10k or $20?

Thousands of people will pay that amount to register. It's not limited to only Nigerians.

Can they get job for everyone if they admit everyone? No! They will just take in few people. So, bulk of their income will come from the registration fees.

Ayo081:

∆∆∆ God did you know this?

Shouldn't it be that the will be easy?

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2021
I believe you.
ThankYouGod:

3. You can apply even if you don't have a laptop. They promise to provide laptop.
6. It's tuition free

Thousands of people will pay that amount to register. It's not limited to only Nigerians.

Can they get job for everyone if they admit everyone? No! They will just take in few people. So, bulk of their income will come from the registration fees.

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Ayo081(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2021
ThankYouGod:

6. It's tuition free

Getting everyone that registered a job is different from screening many out at the early stage.

That many would give up or wouldn't make it to the final stage is a better statement. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2021
Twist it any way you want.

There will be screening (including technical assessment) in January. A lot of people will be screened out and their registration fees not refundable.

Giving up or not making it to the end is applicants' choice.

Ayo081:

Getting everyone that registered a job is different from screening many out at the early stage.

That many would give up or wouldn't make it to the final stage is a better statement. undecided
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by NairaHunter: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
Are you inferring that this is legit and not a fraud?
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Ayo081(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
ThankYouGod:
Twist it any way you want.

There will be screening (including technical assessment) in January. A lot of people will be screened out and their registration fees not refundable.

Giving up or not making it to the end is applicants' choice.

Oh well, you know better.
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Ayo081(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
NairaHunter:

It's legit, you'll have to put in the effort.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
I am all for self learning and forgetting about these shitty bootcamps lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
How do you do this online please?
tensazangetsu20:
I am all for self learning and forgetting about these shitty bootcamps lipsrsealed
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
Gee64:
How do you do this online please?
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by kkins25(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
Gee64:

My questions are,

i saw this here too, and have gotten my $20 ready. Im just not too sure about the program.

if not I'd pay for a skillshare premium account.
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by kkins25(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
ThankYouGod:
They are new. Their first cohort will start in April next year.

If you scale through the screening, you will sign an income sharing agreement with them before they admit you. It means you will be paying them when you get job after graduation.

For how long? any ideas what tje actual tuition fees cost (assuming i was selected).
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
According to them, the duration is one year (9 months for training, 3 months for internship). It's tuition free. You will only pay them when you get job. They say it's $500 you will pay back.

kkins25:
For how long? any ideas what tje actual tuition fees cost (assuming i was selected).

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Scholar212(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
If you are active on twitter, you will know Alt_school has gained massive popularity and support from senior tech founders in Africa. Some people sponsored over 200 women to register, another did same for Ghanaians and someone else did for another African country. They have Angel Investors funds and massive support from many tech founders. If you are truly an interested, apply for it. You will be sent learning material for the screening test, I am in the health sector and transitioning to tech with their training.

3 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2021
Scholar212:
If you are active on twitter, you will know Alt_school has gained massive popularity and support from senior tech founders in Africa. Some people sponsored over 200 women to register, another did same for Ghanaians and someone else did for another African country. They have Angel Investors funds and massive support from many tech founders. If you are truly an interested, apply for it. You will be sent learning material for the screening test, I am in the health sector and transitioning to tech with their training.
I will also pay too
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Scholar212:
I just sent you a mail boss..
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Gee64:

My questions are,

have you paid ?
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by kkins25(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
classes begin april according to their website.
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 7:59am On Nov 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
No.
Looks like scam to me.
have you paid ?
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Gee64:
No.
Looks like scam to me.

Even if it isn't a scam, that maths doesn't make sense. It's like lottery/betting.

People are paying 10k to register, which they are painting to be cheap, but it isn't if you don't get picked at the end. It is only cheap if you get picked.

Imagine 1000 people paying to 10k to register and only 50 gets picked for the session/year(they obviously can't pick everybody). That's 950 people that wasted 10k totalling 9.5m. (even if they pick more people, bottom line is that those who don't get picked are the ones that are going to be funding the program for those that do)

If you get picked, trained and a job is secured for you, you still get to pay $500 (this will deducted on a monthly basis over several months) which is basically the average price of most coding bootcamps.

IMO, You're better off paying the whole fee somewhere else, learn what you want and get a job yourself. If you think you're gonna get lucky, you can still go ahead and give it a shot. smiley

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Gee64: 5:53am On Nov 21, 2021
Hmm.
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Beejeoms(f): 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
It is not a fraud and nobody is trying to defraud anyone. They are infact taking the bulk of the risk by allowing people pay when they get a job. The mission is to increase the number of tech talents in Africa as they are now in high demand. So people get trained and can begin to access these job opportunities.
NairaHunter:
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Beejeoms(f): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
Lol. You obviously think everyone is out to get you. Let me give you a little secret from the grapevine. I hear that some companies are already booking the graduates ahead of time. I won’t say much � But please go ahead and keep thinking it is scam �

Psychodavidovic:

Even if it isn't a scam, that maths doesn't make sense. It's like lottery/betting.

People are paying 10k to register, which they are painting to be cheap, but it isn't if you don't get picked at the end. It is only cheap if you get picked.

Imagine 1000 people paying to 10k to register and only 50 gets picked for the session/year(they obviously can't pick everybody). That's 950 people that wasted 10k totalling 9.5m. (even if they pick more people, bottom line is that those who don't get picked are the ones that are going to be funding the program for those that do)

If you get picked, trained and a job is secured for you, you still get to pay $500 (this will deducted on a monthly basis over several months) which is basically the average price of most coding bootcamps.

IMO, You're better off paying the whole fee somewhere else, learn what you want and get a job yourself. If you think you're gonna get lucky, you can still go ahead and give it a shot. smiley
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
Beejeoms:
Lol. You obviously think everyone is out to get you. Let me give you a little secret from the grapevine. I hear that some companies are already booking the graduates ahead of time. I won’t say much � But please go ahead and keep thinking it is scam �

Never said it was a scam. Read to understand.
Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by SirVamo(m): 2:36am On Mar 02, 2022
Wrong Information

6. It's tuition free

Re: Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. by adaperry25: 1:26pm On Apr 08
Scholar212:
are u done with the program..how was the experience

(1) (Reply)

Learn Programming, Graphics & Animation Free!!: Nairaland Group Project / Top 5 Website To Access Or Download The Best Online Courses For Free / Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.