Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State (660 Views)

15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) / 27 Mourners And Traders Killed In Agatu, Benue As Herdsmen Storm Burial Ceremony / Sadique Abubakar Commissions New Accommodation For Troops In Agatu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons in Agatu.

Fulani herdsmen at the early hour of today, Wednesday 20th February 2019 killed Sixteen persons in Ebete, under Usha ward in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State.
The unprovoked attack on Agatu people started at exactly 1am when people were deeply asleep.

According to an eye witness, Daddy Seni whose father was also killed alongside his siblings, he left his father at Ebete while heading to Aloko for fishing when he received call from his father asking him to turn back, that he has been shot by Fulani herdsmen. On reaching where his father was lying down at the pool of blood about giving up, he sighted his father and was going to take him to the hospital when he heard a voice from his father saying, "my son, don't bother about me and your siblings again, ours have finished, we can't survive this gunshots, run for your dear life to tell others about this", then he gave up.
The deceased son who narrated the incidence to Agatu Council Chairman Hon Alhaji Oyigocho who rushed to Ebete with some Council members alongside security men, said he heard the killers speaking Fulani language while trying to run from the scene as he (Seni the deceased son) hid himself in the bush.

He said, among the sixteen persons that were murdered by herdsmen, three were Jukum hunters who were hunting animal before they met their untimely death while two of the Jukum hunters who couldn't die immediately but sustained bullet wounds were rushed to nearby hospital.
Reacting to the unfortunate incidents, the Acting Chairman Agatu Local Government Council, Hon Alhaji Oyigocho appealed to the government to quickly come to their aids, saying, this is happening at a time Nigerians are preparing to elect their new leaders in this Saturday elections, adding that, if the situation continues, it will disorganize so many things.

He said his people have never taken laws into their hands despite provocations from herdsmen whom he said had taken over farm lands in most parts of Agatu land which he spoke about recently on the radio.
Hon Alhaji Oyigocho urged Agatu sons and daughters to remain calm to allow the law enforcement agencies to carry out their duties effectively.

He was accompanied to the scene by the council Secretary Hon Abdul Abdullahi, His Special Adviser on Security and political matters, Hon Edwin Eheda among other Council members alongside the security men in the area.
Below are the pictures of those killed by herdsmen this morning at Ebete in Agatu, Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State.

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by helinues: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
This senseless killings looked like vote reductions or.... Cos I am not understanding

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Gucciboss: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
Agatu again? Those people have really suffered in the hands of these fulani herdsmen.
R. I. P to the dead

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by gidgiddy: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
The Herdsmen slaughtering people, are just common criminals. The real terrorists are unarmed IPOB who have never killed anyone~ Federal Government

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
gidgiddy:
The Herdsmen slaughtering people, are just common criminals. The real terrorists are unarmed IPOB who have never killed anyone ~ Federal Government

Mr be quiet for once.

We have real issues here, u are talking of IPOB a terrorist organisation.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Salvador1: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
Again

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
Seems like all these killings going on in Nigeria is politically motivated.
Heartless humans.

I can't even boldly say I'm a Nigerian here.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Jman06(m): 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
This is what we have been saying!

Buhari's government is an evil one on a vendetta to finish the people of the in north central! Yet some unscrupulous foools still want to foist Buhari on us to continue the killing!

Their downfall is on Saturday!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by izaray(f): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
Jman06:
This is what we have been saying!

Buhari's government is an evil one on a vendetta to finish the people of the in north central! [b]Yet some unscrupulous foools still want to foist Buhari on us to continue the killing!

[/b]Their downfall is on Saturday!
That is what you see when their family members are no involve my dear. Rest in peace to the death

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by victordaimond: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
Killing is wrong............Why? This present Government took Negligence of Human Life's to a whole new level ....if dis is a tip of their promised next level........May Thunder Strike Dem Outa Existence......
Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by gidgiddy: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Mr be quiet for once.

We have real issues here, u are talking of IPOB a terrorist organisation.
What issues do you have here? This is just the Fulani killing people. We should be talking about about terrorist organisations like IPOB who are unarmed and don't kill people. We are busy talking about a peace loving people like Fulani Herdsmen who slaughter thousands of Nigerians every year with AK47.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by Jman06(m): 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2019
izaray:
That is what you see when their family members are no involve my dear. Rest in peace to the death
Honestly! This is so painful!

Some people here think that I'm paid by PDP to campaign for them online, but the truth is that I'm not paid a dime by anybody!

I'm just angry with this Buhari's government for all the sufferings and hardship Nigerians are going through!

All those supporting Buhari are simply people without conscience who don't care what others are going through just because of their selfish political gains. It's quite unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by gidgiddy: 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
In this sort of situation, you will never hear Buhari tell the security forces to be "ruthless" against the killer Herdsman because they are his kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 16 Persons In Agatu, Benue State by slivertongue: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
muric, elrufia, sultan and GMB will pretend it never happened,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Decides: It’s Your Choice To Remain Poor, Aisha Buhari Tells Nigerians / BMO Hails Nigerians For Ejecting A Return To Profligacy / BREAKING; Election Result: Nigeria Stock Market Loses N85bn In Six Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.