Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) (29077 Views)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 15 Persons, Kidnap 32 Others In Southern Kaduna / 27 Mourners And Traders Killed In Agatu, Benue As Herdsmen Storm Burial Ceremony / #BenueUnderAttack: 36 Persons Killed In Benue State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by treesun: 9:42am On Feb 01
At least 15 bodies have been recovered after an attack by armed invaders on Ugboju community in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State.

Locals said many people were still missing after the invasion of the village on Wednesday evening by the assailants who had continued attacks on the area for two weeks.

A villager, who spoke to our correspondent on telephone, said the bodies were recovered Thursday morning, adding that the people were helpless over the situation.

He stated that before noon, more bodies might be discovered as search parties continued to comb bushes for missing persons.

Prince Inalegwu Adagole Simon, who hails from the affected village, narrated to our correspondent in Makurdi that the attackers besieged the community around 3pm on Wednesday.

[b]“It was around 3pm yesterday (Wednesday) those attackers came to my village and killed 15 persons. Some persons have been displaced from home. Before now, we had no issue with them (attackers),” [/b]Simon said.

The member representing Agatu constituency in the State House of Assembly, Godwin Edoh, also decried the fresh killings which he said happened on Wednesday.

Edoh said, “I’m frustrated as a representative of my people by their cries. I have forwarded all the gory photos of the bodies recovered to the WhatsApp lines of both the governor and his deputy.”

Spokeswoman of the police in Benue, Catherine Anene, said she was yet to receive information about the incident from the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Agatu.

“Let’s wait for the DPO, I will confirm from him. As we speak, there are so many police teams deployed to Agatu,” Anene said.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-15-killed-in-fresh-attack-on-benue-community/

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by vanbonattel: 9:46am On Feb 01
Nigeria has just happened to them. We all knew that the certificate forgerr will spend more time in a French hospital than in Aso Rock.

It was all arranged to damage the country beyond redemption since 2015.

Rest in peace, till more are slaughtered. The country is on autopilot now, even as its heading into the Atlantic ocean.

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by God1000(m): 9:47am On Feb 01
Not again, where are the vigilante group formed by former governor Ortom? Are they sleeping or what, Amotekun is doing great in south west

Sometimes you feel like being a Nigerian is a curse

The federal government will not help anyone in Benue, so my people should defend themselves.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thank God these people slept with at least boxers on.
Imagine the embarrassment they would have felt if they slept naked and were killed by Fulani herdsmen.

Not only will they be dead but their nakedneşs will be all over the internet; in which case will be a proper scenario of the term "double wahala for dead body".

Stop talking nonsense and respect the dead.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Codepain: 9:55am On Feb 01
God rest their souls. We hope the Police will fish out the attackers and make them pay

2 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by vanbonattel: 9:57am On Feb 01
God1000:
Not again, where are the vigilante group formed by the former governor Ortom? Are they sleeping or what

The federal government will not help anyone in Benue, so my people should defend themselves.

Raise a finger and the army will shoot you and tag you a cultist.

40 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by treesun: 9:58am On Feb 01
And one Deluded Bayo Onanuga is telling us, press is hyping the killings!

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by vanbonattel: 10:01am On Feb 01
treesun:
And one Deluded Bayo Onanuga is telling us, press is hyping the killings!

Do you mind the olodo

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Goodmarlian: 10:03am On Feb 01
nigeria is being ruled by occultic people,they derive pleasure in seeinh people cry and suffer nothing will be done about this insecurities,they all know whats going on.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by God1000(m): 10:03am On Feb 01
vanbonattel:

Raise a finger and the army will shoot you and tag you a cultist.

That's the problem in Nigeria.

the governor should just give the order, but I don't think he will do it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by dangermouse(m): 10:13am On Feb 01
The killings over there in Agatu is real.

My colleague over here who happens to be from one of the villages in Agatu LGA was inundated with calls and videos of the killings this night and I was privileged to see them and get first hand information.

The security agencies in Nigeria needs to up their game with immediate effect to forestall all these brutal killings by rampaging herdsmen hell bent on taking other peoples lands.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by FourQu: 10:39am On Feb 01
So sad cry may their souls RIP

Machinegun91:
I was expecting this comment from a mother fucker bastards immediately I saw that post

The stupid useless idiot didn't fail me

Tswar fetee

See this benue state man above, he won't ever come to commiserate with the death of these his people but if its to abuse someone wishing his people well you will see him there. Shameless man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Seunpapa65: 10:41am On Feb 01
We are still getting there make nobody complain that's what we voted for
But on a serious note person no feel kill me like this ooo we go wound ourselves than for person to kill me like a fowl

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by rayvelez(m): 10:45am On Feb 01
The earlier you people stand up and defend yourself the better…
Y’all go just die like chicken

12 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by iwaeda: 11:03am On Feb 01
treesun:
At least 15 bodies have been recovered after an attack by armed invaders on Ugboju community in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State.

Locals said many people were still missing after the invasion of the village on Wednesday evening by the assailants who had continued attacks on the area for two weeks.

Video Player is loading.This is a modal window.The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.
A villager, who spoke to our correspondent on telephone, said the bodies were recovered Thursday morning, adding that the people were helpless over the situation.

He stated that before noon, more bodies might be discovered as search parties continued to comb bushes for missing persons.

Prince Inalegwu Adagole Simon, who hails from the affected village, narrated to our correspondent in Makurdi that the attackers besieged the community around 3pm on Wednesday.

“It was around 3pm yesterday (Wednesday) those attackers came to my village and killed 15 persons. Some persons have been displaced from home. Before now, we had no issue with them (attackers),” Simon said.

The member representing Agatu constituency in the State House of Assembly, Godwin Edoh, also decried the fresh killings which he said happened on Wednesday.

Edoh said, “I’m frustrated as a representative of my people by their cries. I have forwarded all the gory photos of the bodies recovered to the WhatsApp lines of both the governor and his deputy.”

Spokeswoman of the police in Benue, Catherine Anene, said she was yet to receive information about the incident from the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Agatu.

“Let’s wait for the DPO, I will confirm from him. As we speak, there are so many police teams deployed to Agatu,” Anene said.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-15-killed-in-fresh-attack-on-benue-community/

In Bayo Onanuga's voice just Only 15, when hundreds die in South Africa and USA. grin grin grin grin angry

20 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by treesun: 11:07am On Feb 01
iwaeda:

In Bayo Onanuga's voice just Only 15, when hundreds die in South Africa and USA. grin grin grin grin angry

Nlfpmod, how many will die before
we wake up!

1 Like

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:22am On Feb 01
D
Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by fearlessfang: 11:24am On Feb 01
Nigerians need to wake up and mobilize 25% of the country and hit the streets of Nigeria. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Eriokanmi: 11:24am On Feb 01
Let's chase the evil party away, but they refused.

How people forget things so soon. Benue, Kaduna and Plateau were worst casualties of the APC rule.

RIP to the departed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by money121(m): 11:24am On Feb 01
Why?
Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Rebuker(m): 11:24am On Feb 01
Gosh
Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Dpharisee: 11:24am On Feb 01
The way invading Fulani militia are decimating communities across the middle belt shows their high mobility which cannot be achieved without the collusion of our compromised security agencies

19 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by sslcrypt: 11:24am On Feb 01
Ssd
Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by 9japride(m): 11:25am On Feb 01
dangermouse:
The killings over there in Agatu is real.

My colleague over here who happens to be from one of the villages in Agatu LGA was inundated with calls and videos of the killings this night and I was privileged to see them and get first hand information.

The security agencies in Nigeria needs to up their game with immediate effect to forestall all these brutal killings by rampaging herdsmen hell bent on taking other peoples lands.
[color=#006600][/color]

It's not about security upping their game, its all about having the political will to do the right thing.
Our security forces are very powerful and up to the task.
I don't believe someone like late Sani Abacha will tolerate such nonsense of barbarians killing defenceless people.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by DemirelU: 11:25am On Feb 01
Goodmarlian:
nigeria is being ruled by occultic people,they derive pleasure in seeinh people cry and suffer nothing will be done about this insecurities,they all know whats going on.
I agree here

2 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Feb 01
Defend yourself oo. Tilimbu is in France for his private business.

7 Likes

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by tefund(m): 11:26am On Feb 01
So sad!
Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Rebuker(m): 11:26am On Feb 01
Gosh! When is all these killings be over ?

The Nigerian army fighting hard to rescue kindapped victims here:

https://www.nairaland.com/7986793/nigerian-army-filmed-fierce-gun#128216106

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUCzRgStJ_4
Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Anguldi(m): 11:26am On Feb 01
Advantage of ESN tongue

Woto woto seasoning

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 11:27am On Feb 01
shocked

Thank God these people slept with at least boxers on.
Imagine the embarrassment they would have felt if they were naked before being killed by Fulani herdsmen.

That's the type of embarrassment that can make someone wish they were dead.

Because not only will they be dead but their nakedneşs will also be all over the internet; a proper scenario of the term "double wahala for dead body" which nobody wants.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by composure: 11:27am On Feb 01
I'm. Waiting for someone who will type is getting out of hand so I will know what to tell that person

1 Like

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by sslcrypt: 11:27am On Feb 01
For those idiots insulting the Nigerian army, why don't you pick arms and go fight? The current projection is 2 herdsmen militant to one soldier. Let that sink into all you nonsense useless skull filled with hate for the army.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Persons Killed In Ugboju, Agatu, Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Dre555: 11:27am On Feb 01
People of Benue need to form a local vigilante group for their own security since government can't help them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Mdxi Data Centre In Lagos (Pictures) / Halliburton: Four Ex-heads Of State, 89 Others Indicted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.