Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,345 members, 7,822,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK (42285 Views)

26-Year-Old Rukayat Shittu Wins Owode/Onire Assembly Seat In Kwara / LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye / Micheal Akinleye Declares Ajimobi’s Appointment Illegal, Threatens Lawsuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
candlewax:
He is still innocent until proven guilty! I understand they said he was granted bail then came to Nigeria, first,
the British authorities should accept the fact that they were incompetent for the man to pass through their airport and fly to Nigeria, for them to grant him bail without seizing his passport shows the case is civil and not what bloggers magnified it to be. If UK "suspects" him of commiting a crime, you don't expect the Nigeria government to disenfranchise him because he is suspected to have committed a crime in the uk

Rubbish. Stop trying to crawl out of the hole you dug for yourself with mago mago. First of all, it is not all criminal cases that involve the seizure of Passport. In any case how can you assume they did not seize his passport with this character then still able to travel with false documents? Secondly, the onus is on the suspect to prove his innocence in Court rather than take flight leaving many to believe he is guilty as charged for fleeing. Thirdly don't mention the Nigerian Government. Nothing to do with them. This is a PDP affair and the Party should ask him to clear his name first before representing them if they are about empowering men and women of integrity who genuinely wish to serve. Really fascinating to see some Nigerians still defending criminal conduct in an open and shut case of jumping bail while awaiting trial.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by BluntBoy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sirpaul:
Are you missing your ancestors and would like to join them?
SNATCH BALLOT BOX ON SATURDAY

grin cheesy
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by humberjade: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
The guy is a PDP member now... grin
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by pawesome(m): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oshigun:

Stay away fool. You can't appreciate what is going on here because of moral bankruptcy. We Afonjas deal with our miscreants. We expose the bad eggs so society can continue to be purified and be led by genuine Omoluabis.PDP always wants to stand against this principle because it is full of the dregs of society in Yorubaland. That is the point of this thread. In your region, you lot give them Chieftancy titles and offer them your daughters. This one pass your level IPOBian so swerve abeg.
Afonja and Igbos are the ones leading in crimes and other awkward related offences in Naija.. We are hailing u guys
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
You are wrong, the burden of proof lies with whoever alleges or in this case the trial team, it's called (onus probandi) if a foreigner is charged with a criminal case in a foreign country and the foreign authorities and prosecutors doesn't seem it fit to to convince the authorities to seize the travel documents of the foreigner, then it could be safe to assume that the matter is a civil case and can never warrant the issuance of an international arrest warrant

Oshigun:

Rubbish. Stop trying to crawl out of the hole you dug for yourself with mago mago. First of all, it is not all criminal cases that involve the seizure of Passport. Secondly, the onus is on the suspect to prove his innocence in Court rather than take flight leaving many to believe he is guilty as charged for fleeing. Thirdly don't mention the Nigerian Government. Nothing to do with them. This is a PDP affair and the Party should ask him to clear his name first before representing them if they are about empowering men and women of integrity who genuinely wish to serve.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Siralgebra04(m): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
#SnatchBoxAtYourOwnRisk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by AngelicBeing: 2:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
SAMBARRY:
one of the reasons I hate Nigerian politicians is that they're one selfish, inconsiderate and shrewd folks which is one of the reasons I don't take them seriously.

When our street lacked borehole.the community members complained taya.roads in terrible conditions, borehole, dilapidated. For years this was how the community was living.when rain falls,the road is impassable

Can you believe that now because they're looking for votes,they started fixing boreholes and disfiguring our walls with their ugly looking faces and a heart made of granite

The female politicians will wear big gele with lousy makeup while the male politicians will wear big agbada displaying their evil infested teeth breeding lies,deceit and wickedness

What kind of hypocrisy and eye service is that.when aisha by wasn't
I agree with you, don't even let me rant about what I have personally contributed towards fixing of culvert, providing Phcn poles before they connected light to my property in lagos and the various community levies I pay that is solely the responsibility of the government, Nigeria is indeed a shithole jungle, what a shame angry
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Awon eyan buruji angry grin grin
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by lagdmark(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Pamtoye:
Party pls??
Apc of course , their Chicago Papa said he don't need to go Alausa to get money he has good money to spend.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by officialkempes: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
APC member

1 Like

Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Benosky1(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
dipopooo:
He's a PDP guy......we all know PDP consists of thieves and criminals

Consist of thieves. where were you when monkeys, snakes and lions were looting money from different Institutions in the country? what do you call that?
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
Awon eyan buruji grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Benosky1(m): 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
This election is a big joke. When you introduce military(Army) in an election ground, do you expect people to vote or scare them away from voting? what's the work of the police? I know and it's obvious this deployment of military will be paramount in the east to the north, just to deprive people's franchise..
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
12345baba:
So person no fit repent?

Answer for your crime and then repent. It is in that order everywhere else in the world. Only in Nigeria, because of bastardized morality and thinking, will people suggest a criminal who has not atoned for his crime has 'repented' and should then be allowed to do what he wants. You need to remember he is suspected of fraud and has jumped bail rather than clear his name. The crime he is suspected of means there is every likelyhood he will stal public funds and abuse any elective Nigerian political office he gains.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Laple0541(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sirpaul:
Are you missing your ancestors and would like to join them?
SNATCH BALLOT BOX ON SATURDAY

Atiku AND HIS ALLIES WILL NOT LIKE THIS.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by SAMBARRY: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
AngelicBeing:
I agree with you, don't even let me rant about what I have personally contributed towards fixing of culvert, providing Phcn poles before they connect light to my property in lagos and the various community levies I pay that is solely the responsibility of the government, Nigeria is indeed a shithole jungle, what a shame angry
they forcefully deduct tax from public servants directly from their salary, yet no stable light, no good roads,no wate,no security.the basic things that government ought to do for us ,we're doing everything ourselves with our own money.na we go buy gen,fuel am.provide electricity for ourselves. Na we go pay vigilante to secure us.na we go use our money buy water and pay for health services.so what then is their usefulness to us? Even education na war before them pay teachers and workers salary.na with fighting before them go gree Pay.of what value are they to us then? Education that is supposed to be affordable to all and sundry, theyve turned it to an elitist thing.na only Rich man pikin dey get quality education for private uni or abroad while the infrastructural facilities for learning and Reesearch are dilapidated in public institutions.meanwhile the only thing they're good at is sacking teachers or witch hunting.what value then are they adding to our lives that they're this desperate?
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by dipopooo(m): 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
Benosky1:

Consist of thieves. where were you when monkeys, snakes and lions were looting money from different Institutions in the country? what do you call that?

Buhari's government exposed them
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by stanliwise(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
who verified it? So na una new scheme be this abi?
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by guvna(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:
This guys disgracing Nigeria since 1914.....

May the mayhem of Thunder strike all political thieves and fraudsters.

But bros where you take learn grammar??
School of firing squad??
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Gozzzy(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
Why check for his party naa.. forget his party.. Just call him afonja...
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by fuke(m): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
The guy is a PDP member.

I know him personally and he is seeking a seat in Ekiti
state house of Assembly to represent Efon Alaye local government.

I do not understand this. This guy is on ground.
I saw him in August 2018 and have been campaining for more than a year.
I can attest that he spends money and loads of it.

I am for APC but PDP has a stong hold here.
PDP won this local government among the few they won in the Guber election.

If Lekan wins, I will not be so much surprised.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by AngelicBeing: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
SAMBARRY:
they forcefully deduct tax from public servants directly from their salary, yet no stable light, no good roads,no wate,no security.the basic things that government ought to do for us ,we're doing everything ourselves with our own money.na we go buy gen,fuel am.provide electricity for ourselves. Na we go pay vigilante to secure us.na we go use our money buy water and pay for health services.so what then is their usefulness to us? Even education na war before them pay teachers and workers salary.na with fighting before them go gree Pay.of what value are they to us then? Education that is supposed to be affordable to all and sundry, theyve turned it to an elitist thing.na only Rich man pikin dey get quality education for private uni or abroad while the infrastructural facilities for learning and Reesearch are dilapidated.what value then are they adding to our lives that they're this desperate?
What you described above is almost what you see all over Nigeria, l have lost faith in the country called Nigeria, l have reiterated what you said above several times on this platform and I was called names by some crackheads, of what use is governance / government if you can't provide / guarantee the basic necessities for your citizens?

This are the questions citizens should be asking and not dancing to PDP / APC, or whatever nonsense party that is asking for votes, if you ask me, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya.

I think that Nigeria is beyond redemption, l have advocated that the country should be auctioned off on eBay or Alibaba to richer western nations, Nigeria is not working and I doubt if Nigeria will ever work, churches have been praying for Nigeria since 1960 and yet the country is still dead, backward and is currently the headquarters of poverty in the world.

The western world(europe / North America) , Middle Eastern countries including China are making satisfactory progress without prayers but Nigeria is praying daily and yet in darkness and poverty, what a paradox shocked

Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
No doubt he will win since nigeria glorifies scammers,armed robbers and drug barons. He must be contesting under PDP.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by winj: 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
pawesome:
Afonja

I am not Yoruba - but nice try!

For every Afonja criminal there are 1000 IGBO drug dealers and criminals at home and abroad!

Many countries I have traveled and seen Nigerians and blacks treated badly (at airport and streets) the results have been that IGBOs holding Nigerian passport are responsible!
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by HimName: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
Here is a clue for the party he represents.

His party's presidential candidate is a 'world renowned Kleptomaniac' whose plan to sell off the entire country space is being propagated by his newly bought slaves mostly from the south eastern part of Nigeria.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
HimName:
Here is a clue for the party he represents.

His party's presidential candidate is a 'world renowned Kleptomaniac' whose plan to sell off the entire country space is being propagated by his newly bought slaves mostly from the south eastern part of Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by jrusky(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
Pls is this a news? We've hear of Kashamu, Sanwo olu, Tinubu who has all had foreign criminal charges on them so this guy case is not new.
Re: Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK by Laple0541(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
maj59:
This Atiku Atiku Atiku......... I have been hearing here and there ,everyday.
is he a footballer Or musician ?

He's just a THIEF.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? / Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns / Soludo's Wife, Nonye, Hits The Gym (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.