Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye (10394 Views)

Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC / Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK / Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by naptu2: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
LASTMA @followlastma

UPDATE ON VIRAL EXTORTION VIDEO

A few weeks back, a video of an officer collecting money from a traffic offender went viral across most social media platforms. The Agency promised to track down the officer and make the disciplinary process public.
1/7

We tasked our Monitoring and Surveillance Unit to investigate the matter and this has since been completed. In our findings, the officer, Monsurat Akinleye, was tracked through the Zonal Head and invited for questioning.
2/7

We were also able to get in touch with the motorist/complainant, Mr. Meshach Orolugbagbe, involved in the incident who also provided details that clarified exactly what happened.
3/7

Our findings revealed that: - Mr. Orolugbagbe was trying to merge into a lane when he was accosted. He was not driving against traffic as the officer initially claimed with pictorial evidence that could not justify the claim.
4/7

The officer actually induced the complainant to part with the money offered contrary to her claim that it was given voluntarily.
5/7

The investigating team further recommended that, having found it incontrovertible that the officer acted in a manner that portrays the Agency, and indeed the State, in a bad light, she should be sanctioned in line with the provisions of the Public Service Rules (PSR).
6/7

In accordance with the recommendation, disciplinary measures will be taken against the officer as the PSR dictates.
Management.
7/7

https://mobile.twitter.com/followlastma/status/1299638687169474561

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBXjEi7DbqA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by naptu2: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
smiley
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by CANDYDADDY(m): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2020

Can anything good come out of a zoo than living and nonliving animals

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Amspecial: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
angry
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Babadee1900(m): 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
I hate LASTMA officials with passion sad

7 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Kendumazy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hmm. And that officer will get home and not tell his family the real reason why he was sacked. His children will grow up hating the country too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by AishaSHEHU: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ok
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by kingphilip(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
So women don join de collect bribe?

Na really end time we de.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by incogni2o: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Woman for that Matter.

I actually was thinking dismissal is the appropriate purnishment.

But as I saw it's a Lady I kinda calmed a bit.

But I'm might be her Oga that pushed her to it.
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Others will take Caution before collecting Bribes..

The Times we are in are Really Wonderful times.

Human beings can Secretly or Stylish Record Fellow Humans and use such as Records to bring them to Judgement

I Begin to Imagine that if we mere Humans can Conviently do this, Then the Almighty One Who Never Slumbers or Sleep has adequate and Complete Records of all our Hidden, Secret and Open Sins.

Folks, Don't Think He didn't see that Secret Wickedness that you Did and no one Knows..

Don't Feel that the Fact that you told lies and you are Free man is the End.

Calm down, Humble yourself and Repent From All Sins so they don't Play it out on the other Side..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Tywo2018: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Anything under uniform.
Babadee1900:
I hate LASTMA officials with passion sad

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by highdon(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nice move
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Onlinealaba(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
It's a serious something, and it's even a lady.. corruption knows no gender

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by softeeg: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
A welcome development
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Racoon(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Good! However, extortion by LASMA as well as other agencies didnt start today on Lagos roads.This fella don enter one chance.
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Buffalo2(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
One down, more to go!
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by TheSERAPH: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
okay
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Openbusiness: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
grin scapegoat loading
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Kekekenny(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
They did the same thing to me .I also have video evidence.My car inbuilt camera did the whole job. Where do I post it?

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Midadeola(f): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
incogni2o:
Woman for that Matter.

I actually was thinking dismissal is the appropriate purnishment.

But as I saw it's a Lady I kinda calmed a bit.

But I'm might be her Oga that pushed her to it.
All these Stereotypes sha.
it's almost impossible for some people to tackle any situation without attaching Stereotypes!
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by chiiraq802(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
kingphilip:
So women don join de collect bribe?

Na really end time we de.
Women chop bribe pass men especially those claiming to be Feminist, dem no dey cari eye see money.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Niceman4u(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Let them first puniish Demola/Ademola, the fat thief and crook, who is in charge of their OSHODI/Anthony office.
Ademola/Demola has turned lastma office to his personal property.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Babadee1900(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Tywo2018:
Anything under uniform.
True... Once they put on the uniform it seems their senses leave them.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by Lablover01: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nice one, if it is not audio punishment.
Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by AssistantJesus1: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Non...sense

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by RingRoadMafia: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: LASTMA To Punish Bribe Taking Officer, Monsurat Akinleye by armadeo(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Na so.

She should be fired immediately not investigation.

She is a criminal.

Most of the offences from lastma deserve warnings and education not ridiculous fines.

All they know is how to entrap people and ask for bribe.

God don catch am

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodimma, Okorocha Feud: Senator Kalu Sues For Calm, Calls For Unity / Emefiele: We’ll Toll Roads To Repay Infrastructure Debts / Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.