Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Nigeria Job Opportunities And Age Cheat - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Job Opportunities And Age Cheat (1094 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Job Opportunities And Age Cheat by folafola(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2010
MRI became a very popular word during the last under 20 world cup held in Nigeria last year.
It is a technology used to detect the real age of players by testing the wrist bone and many Ngeria players were found guilty not excluding their captain Chukwudi
Now employment is so scarce in Nigeria and many companies has age limit on job advertisements placed in the daillies( check out FRSC offer in the guardian of 24th of August 2010) the age limit is 30 and here are many Nigerian that managed to pass their SSCE in their late 20s and managed to go for thier youth service corps after manipulating thier true age under oath and now the promising jobs around are placing age limit on them and you see an old man with grey hair with a birth certificate of 1980. The interview venue has turned to a place of 'day of 1000 laughter' hefty men and women, married with 3children, grown up with heavy beards claiming to be qualified for the placement. I wonder are we into games here? Dont they see the handwriting on the wall? Why must we continue to deceive ourselves? Do we really need an MRI test here?
What could be done to save our face from this rubbish?
Do we really need to place age limit on the lucrative jobs?
What can the government do to save our face?
The fact still remains that any establishment that need maximum production must make do with youths and how do they really detect these reall youths? I think we need an MRI machine at every screening ground. Dont crucify me that is my candid advice.
Age cheat everywhere from football to politics. Something must be done and I think MRI test will make the difference and that means the people handlimg the machine themselves must not be economical with the truth but if we fail we will continue to produce useless footballers and useless politicians that keep us stagnant. What do you think?
Re: Nigeria Job Opportunities And Age Cheat by Don1Dee(m): 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2010
Humpppppp!
Re: Nigeria Job Opportunities And Age Cheat by OnyeBabe1(f): 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2010
@poster

I think it is a shame there is age discrimination at all.
Re: Nigeria Job Opportunities And Age Cheat by folafola(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
what do you think

(1) (Reply)

Do U Need A Contract P/a Or Driver Around Lekki Axis? / Project Management Professional Training, Makurdi, Benue State / Nigerian Army Recruitment Shortlist Slot,assistance And Help.  .  08135887110

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.