Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? (27760 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / Job Prospects For A Bsc Microbiologist In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by rapmike(m): 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
hi, i am ugochukwu, a microbiology student in OAU. please i crossed over to microbiology but i dont know the job opportunities in microbiology in nigeria, can someone please educate me on such?
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by AjanleKoko: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2011
Outside teaching, and to a limited extent, research, there is really not much for microbiologists in Nigeria.
How did you happen to 'cross over' to microbiology? Is that really what you want to do, or you just 'wanna be in school'? Not being sarcastic here.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by rapmike(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
well. i crossed from medicine and my parents were sort of disappointed, so in order to cool them down i moved to microbiology. besides i dont have any idea of want i really want to do at the moment, but am thinking of starting a bizness either after school or while in school. cuz i am not confident abt microbiology and am not doing that well there,
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by daisy28: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2011
There re job opportunities 4 microbiologist:
work in hospitals
work has quality analyst in a food industry like cadbury, uac, nestle,etc
also carry out some lab controls @ nafdac, ndlea, customs n so on. There re stil lot more opportunities for ur dept. Dont worry God wil c u thru.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by rapmike(m): 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
thanks daisy u just encouraged me alot
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by ednut1(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2011
Most science studnt dnt work in their field cos its dulling, wit fc or 2.1 u cud end up in a bank or consultin firm
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by ednut1(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2011
Most science studnt dnt work in their field cos its dulling, wit fc or 2.1 u cud end up in a bank or consultin firm
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by Donakosi: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Industry: Logistic/Transportation
Specialization: Sales/Marketing/ Bus. Dev
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Application Deadline: 15th Oct. 2011.

Donakosi Motors, a subsidiary of Donakosi International, is an authorized dealer of Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (IVM). Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co. Ltd is the first indigenous vehicles manufacturing company in Nigeria. IVM plant in Nnewi, Anambra State, was commissioned by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in 2010. Its product line includes heavy duty vehicles, middle and high level buses, special environmental friendly vehicles.

Job Description:
Donakosi Motors requires the services of young, energetic and experienced Nigerian Professionals to fill in our vacant position.

Job Title: Marketing Executive
Job Lagos: Lagos

Job Summary

 Prospect, establish and maintain new and old clients.
 Achieve sales target, and much be go-getter able to open and close sales.
 Introducing sales activities and achieving results.
 Must be able to work with minimal supervision.

Qualifications:
 Must have a degree/diploma in any discipline
 Must be young and energetic (not more than 35years of age).
 Must have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
 Must be confident, outgoing and have a sociable character
 Experience in sales of auto-mobile will be an added advantage
 Flexible approach to working hours to meet deadlines
Candidates who are interested should have their Curriculum Vitae in MS Word Format and send to donakosi.motors@yahoo.com.

Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by Ajiigaa: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
No matter the course you did in school just 've intrest in it and love it very much and try to developed your discipline any where. Don't study a course becos of money just 've intrest in it. Money will surely come.
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by Fokativ: 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
Don't worry, with God on your side you will succeed in everything you do. Afterall, GEJ was a Zoology teacher but see where he is today.
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by ifeoraekene80(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2016
Just develop a good attitude towards the course God will help you
Re: What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? by ExamInfo(f): 7:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Well, there is not plenty of career options for microbiology Students.

you can go for Teaching, professorship career,
Research Field, Food analyst, Lab assistant etc.

Best of Luck smiley

(1) (Reply)

Starting Project Management Training/certification / I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss / Lady Narrates How Okada Man Saved Her From Embarrassment In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.