Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll (8281 Views)

CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost / Kogi Poll: Former Governor Idris, Ogbeha Boost PDP Campaign / Bauchi Guber Poll:Dogara Blows Hot Over Inconclusive Elections, Warns INEC Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by sophsia62: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused Kogi State governor Yahaya Bello of breeding fake police men and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Prof. James Apam, of plans to compromise the forthcoming Presidential and National Assembly elections by substituting trained ad hoc staff for preferred APC candidates.

PDP also said it has lost confidence in Commissioner of Police Hakeem Buhari of being neutral in the election and asked for his immediate transfer and that of the REC from Kogi State.

In a statement signed by Idris Abubakar Lokoja, Chairman of the PDP in Lokoja LGA, it also accused the REC of giving out the unclaimed PVC of the local government area to the ruling APC to enable them manipulate the election to their favour.

But in a swift reaction, the REC, Proof James Apam, said INEC under his leadership will never compromise, saying the PDP’s fear was unfounded.

He said all the sensitive materials, including the card readers, were immediately retrieved after the postponement and were moved to the CBN for safe keeping, stressing that there was no way the PVC could be substituted as it contains thump prints identities of individuals

Meanwhile, at a stakeholders meeting the State NYSC coordinator, Ahile Oludolapo, expressed fear
that NYSC kits will be made available to fake corps members during the election, saying they could be kidnapped and replaced.

She said the parents of the corps members do not want them to participate in the elections following its postponement.

However, the REC said there should be no fear of fake corps members being used to conduct the elections.

Also reacting, the governor’s media aide, Kingsley Fanwo, said the PDP has reduced itself to peddling allegations instead of campaigning as hard as the APC.

He said the APC state leadership under Governor Yahaya Bello has campaigned hard across the state “and we are confident of winning the elections convincingly.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/02/pdp-warns-inec-not-to-compromise-in.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by Abdulhakeem78(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
But in a swift reaction, the REC, Proof James Apam, said INEC under his leadership will never compromise, saying the PDP’s fear was unfounded.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by BOOMnaija(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR ON SATURDAY?

Like for atiku, share for buhari.

56 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by ainas247: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
smiley Prof JAGA. We need you again for this election..

Put your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results
Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by salbis(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Follow them bumper to bumper, no hiding place for the wicked. Let us make Nigeria work again.

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Wailers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by yomi961: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
wink
Lalasticlala do something about this fixed game scammers spamming every thread

2 Likes

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by ogbonti: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
Buhari is an illiterate even in Arabic and his native language Fulfude. So how can he be intelligent in western logic and articulate in Queen's english?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
[[s]quote author=ogbonti post=75932981]Buhari is an illiterate even in Arabic and his native language Fulfude. So how can he be intelligent in western logic and articulate in Queen's english?[/quote][/s]

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by jeftalene(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
For Supply of Cement || Asphalt || Granite || Sharp Sand || Plaster Sand || Filling Sand (Laterite) || Iron Rods || Doors || Tiles || to your site.

Call/WhatsApp SupplyQuick 09064174444

Thank you.
Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by Koralords: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Counter accusations from both side self don tire person make the election Kuku come and go self
Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by fredoooooo: 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
Shameless party all they know is loot and rig ... na only one bullet go end everything
Sai Baba Buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
i'm in Kogi state at the moment precisely Lokoja and i can boldly say that APC in connive plan with INEC are planning to ring the election in favour of Buhari money is being set aside accross different numerous places to buy votes for APC and it's Yahaya bello the Governor that's masterminding all these all becos of his 2019 ambition to clinch his reelection bid using Buhari influence so he is so desperate and tasty for Buhari's victory.

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by concordetz: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
*SOME OF US WORK WITH FACTS AND NOT EMOTIONS!*
*Between Presidents Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari.*
*Record has it that president Obasanjo sacked his IGP Tafa Balogun for corruption.* *He sacked the then Senate President Adolfus Wabara for corruption. He also sacked his own ministers, Fabian Osuji, S.M Afolabi, Hussein Akwanga, Tim Menakaya, etc for corruption. He also sacked Mrs Mobolaji Osomo for administrative infraction. The same way late president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sacked Mrs Adenike Grange as Minister of Health for administrative infraction.*
*It's on records that president Jonathan also sacked Stella Odua for corruption. Stella Odua was one of the most powerful ministers in president Jonathan's administration. But when she erred, President Jonathan sacked her.* *President Jonathan also sacked Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina as the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform for corruption.*
*Now, tell me who president Buhari has sacked for the reported cases of corruption in his government?*
*Mind you, If you tell me that president Buhari sacked Babachir, I will happily remind you that the same president Buhari wrote the Senate, defended and exonerated Babachir of all wrong doings leveled against him. It was the cry of people like you and me and some other good Nigerians that forced him to sack Babachir and have him replaced with his own brother, Boss Mustapha. In other words, Mr. Babachir brought his own replacement.*
*Yet, some hero worshipping obsessive dim-wits will still want me to believe that president Buhari is Mr. Integrity and that he is fighting corruption.*
*Let me also remind you that president Buhari also reappointed the following guys who were all sacked for corruption and violation of their oaths of offices:*
*Abdulrasheed Maina:*
*Maina was the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform. He was secretly recalled and reinstated by president Buhari.* *He was even promoted to the position of director in charge of human resources in the ministry of interior. Maina was dismissed by president Jonathan in 2013 following* *recommendations by the Office of the Head of Service. He was said to have stolen about 100billion naira from the pension fund.*
*CP Zakari Biu:*
*CP Biu was dismissed following his complicity in the escape from police detention of notorious Boko Haram suspect, Kabiru Sokoto.* *He was reinstated and promoted to the rank of AIG by president Buhari before he was gloriously retired from active service.*
*NHIS Boss, Prof Usman Yusuf:*
*Prof Yusuf was said to have squandered over 997 million naira from the schemes intervention fund. Investigation was carried out and he was dully sacked by the minister of health.* *But because he is president Buhari's brother, he was recently reinstated.*
*Mallam Ahmed Saleh.*
*Saleh was the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court. He connived with two others (Mohammed Abdulrahaman Sharif and Rilwanu Lawal) and stole 2.2 billion naira belonging to the apex court. They were also said to have received gratifications totaling 74.4 million naira from private contractors who were providing services to the apex court.* *Mallam Saleh was sacked but president Buhari reinstated him and promoted him as the Secretary of Legal Council of Nigeria.*
*Don't ever tell me that president Buhari is fighting corruption. Facts on ground are showing otherwise. Some of us work with facts not emotions.*

*-Faruk Adejoh-Audu*

4 Likes

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
Our selling points for our darling President MUHAMMADU BUHARI @.

My selling point for PMB is that Abuja airport terminal has been completed.

My selling for PMB is that Portharcourt International airport terminal has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Biafra Police have collected their pensions after 30 years deadlock.

My selling point for PMB is that fund has been released to complete the 2nd Niger bridge.

My selling point for PMB is that 12 super turcano fighter jets would be delivered to Nigerian Air Force by 2020 to combat further acts of terrorism.

My selling point for PMB is that Ilorin jebba road has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos/ Ibadan expressway has reached 60% completion.

My selling point for PMB is that fund has been released to revive Ajaokuta Steel.

My selling point for PMB is that Nigerian Police now witness increment in their salaries.

My selling point for PMB is that JAMB now remitts 5 billions naira annually, while PDP remitted less than that figure in the whole 16 years.

My selling point for PMB is that, he reduced JAMB fees to N3,500 and NECO to N4,000 respectively.

My selling point for PMB is that Abuja to Kaduna railway has been commissioned.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos to Abeokuta railway has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Mabila power plant is now visible.

My selling point for PMB is that electricity production has improved by 65%, the Mega Watt rises from 3000Mw to 7500Mw. The distribution companies' (sold by PDP to paddy-paddy) ability to do their business, is another matter.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos to Kano railway is under construction.

My selling point for PMB is that Kaduna to Abuja expressway has been rehabilitated.
And lots more...

I will vote for President Muhamadu Buhari, I will broadcast his strengths. I will defend him when assailed by bitter bigots.

He has fought Boko Haram with zeal.
He has kept a lid on the CBN vault.
He has boosted Agriculture.
He is transforming the rails.
He is keen to help the poorest.
He is not morally dissipated.
He is bold enough to focus on uncompleted projects rather than play to the gallery by starting news ones...

So I will retain my hopes.

I know humans can be fickle, so if his sins become disqualifying, I will speak out, but until then, I stand.

I will not make mountains out of mole hills. And I will not join the brigade of the nihilistic.

I don't need any lessons in critical analysis from those who think he is brain dead, who also declared him dead, two years ago and invented Jubril of Sudan.

I think I know enough of health and law to make the right call. I don't need charlatans and rabble rousers inviting me to their ungodly tutorials.

I am smart enough to know that the choice we have is not between black and white.

I have the mental rigor for subtle discriminations. So I don't need hewers of wood teaching me how to use a needles and scapels.

I will criticize the President when it becomes necessary. I will not be goaded by the blind, to trash around in the darkness foisted on them by grief and bigotry.

Let those who think Atiku is not a Kleptocrat hold onto their beliefs. I consider Buhari, with all his imperfections, a better Presidential material than Atiku.

VOTE PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI FOR A BETTER NIGERIA!

If you are a true Buharist share until it get to the end of the world.....

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by Bustincole(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
PDM will have my vote on saturday

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by IOStanley(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
Where will they start from? there will be no room for election rigging in Nigeria come Saturday.
Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by sogodihno: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
My vote and that of my family is for the peoples general. PMB.

NEXT LEVEL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by zicoraads: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
It's Ntasha Akpoti for Kogi Central.

Kogi Central, change has come.

Vote SDP for Kogi Central. cool

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by kaen1317: 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Operation Daura Dance is Loading

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by dante0147: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:
Wailers

E be like say this one just see this picture ..
Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by 9isguy(m): 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
Yes, your type knows APC can't win
Re: PDP Warns INEC Not To Compromise In Kogi Poll by slivertongue: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
riggers are liable to die young

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hon. Prince Nwuche Receives Humanitarian Personality Of The Year Award / Court Hears Suit Seeking Atiku’s Prosecution March 7 / Pensioners Protest At Akwa Ibom Government House Over Non-Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.