Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? (958 Views)

"Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever"- Sowore (Throwback) / Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters / Lauretta Onochie: "Bayelsa Produced The Worst President In History Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by labusinessguide: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
There are key indices in evaluating the performance and quality of leadership of any president.

As we approach another presidential election in the history of our country, it is pertinent to take a retrospect of his performance in the past three and half years in office.

Insecurity:
The sovereignty of a nation is dependent on the safety of human life and properties.
Buhari's government sadly experienced the most horrific, careless, and avoidable deaths with little or nothing done to prevent such from happening.
Benue, Borno, Enugu, Delta, Lagos, Anambra, Abia, Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, and Kaduna witnessed untold bloodshed, from herdsmen crisis to farmers battle, from Boko Haram to the show of power against the unarmed Biafran agitators.
We wailed and at a point consoled ourselves with the fact that another election will come around.
We were all united in one thing, irrespective of the party line, that the human life is worth more than any good intention of the government.
We buried humans like rats and promised them that we will not allow their blood to waste in vain.

Economy:

We were told that the previous government looted the country dry.
We believed and entrusted the leadership with our economy.
They introduced policies that made the low and middle income earner unable to buy a bag of rice.
They didn't stop there, over eight million Nigerians were forcefully retrenched from work, thereby leaving them and their dependents helpless and hungry.
Depression, suicide, and begging daily bread became the order of the day.
Looking back, it seems as though we went backward as we attracted little or no investors to Nigeria.
Some of us who have digital businesses have no means of receiving our income as a result of harsh policies.

Infrastructural Development
This government remains the only government that has a visible roadmap for infrastructural development.
From the west to the south, there are projects littered all over the nation.
Indeed, our road, rail, flight, and light got a face-lift in this government.

Nepotism.
No matter how useless a child might be, he has a role in the family, and any form of visible or subtle discrimination or disregard will most definitely hurt him or her.
For the first time in our history, we witnessed a government that ran a family and tribal government affair.
It was so overwhelming that for every single appointment or nomination, Name Checkers Association of Nairaland/Nigeria (NCAN), were always on standby to verify the tribe of the individual.
As expected, those who offered 5% weren't given preference in the running of the affairs and the government.
Everybody was afraid of everybody, the West was afraid of the East, the East was afraid of the North, and the North afraid of the South.
Even in business and entrepreneurship, the division was visible, but our common enemy was the unfavorable government policies and leadership.

Innovations
We had trademomi, N-power, Home grown school feeding programme. As much as these tend to reach out to the grassroot, the fact remains that these innovation couldn't alleviate the suffering of the masses.
Education suffered a heavy blow, the health sector crashed with lassa fever claiming lives of doctors and other citizens. We saw our military personnel die like chicken and we couldn't measure the statistics.
The political space was not left out, as there were too many witch-hunting in the name of fighting corruption.

Corruption Fight
I stand against corruption, any day, any time. But what I saw in this government was short of what corruption fight ought to be.
We saw a government that convert sinners to saints, and criminalize the innocent before they're tried in the court of law.
We saw witch-hunting of the 'political enemies' and we wondered if this was the corruption crusade that Mr Integrity promised.

The Rule of Law.
Democracy is a government of the people for the people under the rule of law.
I have to say that while I may absolve this government of their glaring shortcomings, it is both painful and difficult to ignore the reckless abuse of the law and our sacred constitution.
When the executive handpicks judges and selects orders to obey, it is the end of democracy.
No matter how morally good an intention may be, if it does not align with the provisions of the law, it is against the good of the common man.
From ordering shoot at sight for ballot box snatchers to suspending the chief justice of the Federation, we have seen a president who cares less about the tenets of our democracy.

In the end, I am aware that every single individual is entitled to a choice of who to vote for, but I am compelled to remind you of our journey for the past three years, so you can make a better decision devoid of sentiments, if any.

Our collective interest and responsibility is for a better Nigeria.

... We can only get better!

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Buharimustgo16F: 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Yes 100percent worst both past and present

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
No

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Now, I know why they postponed elections. grin . They've been busy arresting ariku allies since yesterday. They arrested them on top of their money meant for electioneering campaign nationwide ...not apc's or stolen money.They think they could cripple or intimidate atiku? Even if the pdp doesn't campaign till Saturday, dem dey kampe. My people planning to vote on sentiment lines, I hail oo. South west go suffer wella, as did when obj was elected president for the first time in 1999 as he didn't get much voted from our region. Make una continue. Tinubu and others who are pushing you have atiku and obi's mobile numbers. They dont need noise to enter aso villa. Na una go suffer am pass. same tinubu lashed out at Buhari when he picked pastor bakare as his running mate a few years ago. Suddenly, he's seen Buhari as a food man. Abo oro lanso fun omoluabi oo

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
No, that would be Jonathan, followed by Obasanjo, followed by Shehu Shagari
Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by labusinessguide: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
5thElement:
No, that would be Jonathan, followed by Obasanjo, followed by Shehu Shagari

Would you mind giving us your reason and reference for your point.
Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Deprofessional(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
Buhari remains the all time worst president of Nigeria.

That man carries ill luck anywhere he goes.

An unprecedented religious and ethnic bigot.

A slowpoke of no comparison and as useless as the left hand.

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by rexchazy(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
worst is an understatment...Buhari government is a disaster. When I was in school, I used to student leader in the SUG. One thing that helped me was that I should and must be better than my predecessors. That alone made me achieve alot. Buhari is not a good leader if he can't achieve more than Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
labusinessguide:

Would you mind giving us your reason and reference for your point.

You want me to synthesize Nigeria's political terrain from the 80s up until present moment?

I'm not sure I have the strength for that this cool night bro.

But you can rely on my impartiality because technically, I support Sowore and not any of the big wigs.

Jonathan is the worst so far. A president that uttered a statement that he wasn't a general so he shouldn't be expected to win Boko Haram.

A president who told newsmen that other countries were having terrorist attacks so maybe it's our time too.

A president that couldn't stand on the podium to address his fellow human beings unless he was inebriated(drunk).

A president that left the reigns of power to the females surrounding him, Mama piss, Diezani Alison Maduekwe, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Stella the aviation minister and some others whose names elude me now.

The same president that told Obasanjo that he purposely allowed Boko Haram to fester in the Northeast of Nigeria because he was weak electorally in that region.

A president that dollarised the economy a couple of weeks to 2015 elections, flooding the economy with dollars, distributing dollars to royal fathers of all stripes, council of witches in Nigeria etc.

The same president that allowed military service chiefs to help themselves to the funds meant to buy better quality arms and ammunitions for our armed forces who were being sent to battle boko haram with rusted guns and counted bullet pellets.

The same president who denied the abduction of the Chibok girls. Till today, their fates are unknown because the bastard refused to acknowledge that anyone was kidnapped despite intelligence report from the international agencies to the contrary. Many of those girls, teenagers, are currently mothers, serving in the household of their captors, never seeing their families again. Put your sister in their shoes.

The same president who caused diplomatic row between Nigeria and the King of Morocco, and the South African government, nearly leading Nigeria back to the era of Abacha when we were a pariah nation nobody wanted to associate with.

The same president who couldn't facilitate the cleanup of Ogoni land and the Niger-Delta region where he hails from that has been devastated and bastardized by oil spillage from oil companies.

The same president who told us stealing wasn't corruption.

The same president whose chief of staff became the ATM machine for the PDP, distributing hundreds of billions of naira to various party members shortly before the elections.

The same president who facilitated the subversion of the will of Ekiti voters through rigging as caught on tape.

The same president...(should I continue, cos the foregoing are just the tip of the iceberg)

He is the worst this country has ever produced.

If Atiku wins, then I can say without mincing words that Atiku will beat this record hands down.

But God is still on his throne.... Atiku will never win, hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by SarkinYarki: 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
The very worst !!!!
Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Racoon(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
Buhari is simply the worstest of all worst president ever seen not only in Nigeria but in the histroy of humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Lanretoye(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
You need to sit down and rethink,open your eyes and you will see clearly.
Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by torino88(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
I prefer Hitler to buhari

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by labusinessguide: 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
5thElement:

You want me to synthesize Nigeria's political terrain from the 80s up until present moment?

I'm not sure I have the strength for that this cool night bro.

But you can rely on my impartiality because technically, I support Sowore and not any of the big wigs.

Jonathan is the worst so far. A president that uttered a statement that he wasn't a general so he shouldn't be expected to win Boko Haram.

A president who told newsmen that other countries were having terrorist attacks so maybe it's our time too.

A president that couldn't stand on the podium to address his fellow human beings unless he was inebriated(drunk).

A president that left the reigns of power to the females surrounding him, Mama piss, Diezani Alison Maduekwe, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Stella the aviation minister and some others whose names elude me now.

The same president that told Obasanjo that he purposely allowed Boko Haram to fester in the Northeast of Nigeria because he was weak electorally in that region.

A president that dollarised the economy a couple of weeks to 2015 elections, flooding the economy with dollars, distributing dollars to royal fathers of all stripes, council of witches in Nigeria etc.

The same president that allowed military service chiefs to help themselves to the funds meant to buy better quality arms and ammunitions for our armed forces who were being sent to battle boko haram with rusted guns and counted bullet pellets.

The same president who denied the abduction of the Chibok girls. Till today, their fates are unknown because the bastard refused to acknowledge that anyone was kidnapped despite intelligence report from the international agencies to the contrary. Many of those girls, teenagers, are currently mothers, serving in the household of their captors, never seeing their families again. Put your sister in their shoes.

The same president who caused diplomatic row between Nigeria and the King of Morocco, and the South African government, nearly leading Nigeria back to the era of Abacha when we were a pariah nation nobody wanted to associate with.

The same president who couldn't facilitate the cleanup of Ogoni land and the Niger-Delta region where he hails from that has been devastated and bastardized by oil spillage from oil companies.

The same president who told us stealing wasn't corruption.

The same president whose chief of staff became the ATM machine for the PDP, distributing hundreds of billions of naira to various party members shortly before the elections.

The same president who facilitated the subversion of the will of Ekiti voters through rigging as caught on tape.

The same president...(should I continue, cos the foregoing are just the tip of the iceberg)

He is the worst this country has ever produced.

If Atiku wins, then I can say without mincing words that Atiku will beat this record hands down.

But God is still on his throne.... Atiku will never win, hopefully.

Wonderful conjectures, no depth, little facts, and so many assumptions.

The question is, looking at the value and vision of these presidents, which do you think failed woefully, especially using the key indices of evaluating a country's growth.
Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by slivertongue: 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
the character, capacity and capability of GMB is an insult to democracy.

he is an unmitigated, horrific disaster. he is not fit to be a councillor not to talk of president

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
No

Buhari is the worst so far...

Dude is the only president in world history who spent more time away from his country while in office...

Buhari is a calamity

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by IOStanley(m): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
Yes he is actually a disaster!

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari The Worst President In Nigeria Democracy? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
labusinessguide:

Wonderful conjectures, no depth, little facts, and so many assumptions.

The question is, looking at the value and vision of these presidents, which do you think failed woefully, especially using the key indices of evaluating a country's growth.

Wait, lemme call the Chibok girls still being raped daily by their "husbands" to help you discover the depth of the post.

I know what you are looking for. Some cooked up financial figures or estimated data statistics conjured by some Newyork financial office to bamboozle the weak African mind.

Those are the real issues I've listed. Deny anyone of them. Or maybe you weren't in the country when these things happened.

(1) (Reply)

I See This Election Going Into A Rerun Btw APC And PDP / SOS. Rochas Okorocha Is Holding The Orlu Electoral Officer At Gun Point. / Again, APC May Lose Deputy Senate Presidency To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.