Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,294 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities (8229 Views)

Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After / Enugu: Nkanu Indigenes Thank Ugwuanyi For Mbah's Emmergence As PDP Candidate / Excitement As Beneficiaries Of Enugu Govt’s Scholarship To India Thank Ugwuanyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by TheOluwatosin: 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2019

Jubilation as Enugu Pensioners thank Ugwuanyi for payment of gratuities

…Reiterate support for gov’s re-election

A delegation of pensioners of Enugu State, who have benefitted from the monthly N100 million approved by the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for payment of arrears of gratuities from May 2018, on Wednesday paid a Thank-you visit to the governor “for rescuing them in their time of need”.

The elated beneficiaries, who described gratuity as “the life-wire of every retiree”, in an address presented by the State Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), Comrade Damian Udeani, praised God for using Gov. Ugwuanyi to perform miracle in their lives.

They said they could not thank the governor enough for reviving the payment of gratuities in Enugu State, disclosing that “over the years, before Your Excellency came on board, pensioners have been denied this life rejuvenating benefit”.

According to them, “many pensioners have passed on without getting it. But now, Your Excellency has gladdened the hearts of pensioners in Enugu State with the revival of payment of gratuities”.

Reiterating their firm support for Gov. Ugwuanyi’s re-election, the jubilant pensioners also appreciated the governor for paying their pensions as and when due, declaring: “We, our families and our friends will pray and do our part to see that you continue in office”.

The retirees, who pointed out that they never lobbied before receiving the gratuities, applauded the governor for the success of the exercise, which they attributed to “your order of non-interference in the committee’s job of disbursement of the monthly released N100 million to the appropriate beneficiaries”.

According to the address presented by the State Chairman of Trade Union Congress (TUC) of Nigeria, Comrade Igbokwe Chukwuma Igbokwe, on behalf of the committee supervising the payment of the fund, more than 600 retirees have been paid their gratuity amounting to over N700 million, while outstanding gratuities from January 2009 to March 2010 have so far been cleared.

The committee explained that before the governor’s kind approval, “arrears of gratuities and revalidation amounted to N16,123, 841, 779.80”, adding that “this amount covers retirees from January 2009 to May 2018”.

“The beauty of this exercise is that it is devoid of manipulation from any quarters, not even from His Excellency. Most of the beneficiaries were called unexpectedly to come and pick their cheques while others on routine check saw their names published for payment on the notice board of their Sub Treasury. They could not believe that they could be paid their gratuity without lobbying anybody for it.

“Your Excellency, the beneficiaries of this your benevolence have returned like the biblical one leper to say THANK YOU for wiping their tears and bringing succor to them and their families when they least expected it”, the committee stated.

One of the beneficiaries, Chief Benjamin Ejibe, expressed joy and gratitude to Gov. Ugwuanyi for rescuing him from his suffering, saying that he was in a hospital when “I received a call that my name was among those to be paid their gratuity”.

In her speech, the Chairman of Association of Retired Permanent Secretaries, Mrs. Vivian Eze, told the governor that “it has never been so before until you came into office”, pointing out that all pressure of school fees, hospital bills, rents and others, on them had reduced since May last year.

Enugu State is truly in the Hands of God! #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/jubilation-as-enugu-pensioners-thank-ugwuanyi-for-payment-of-gratuities/

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by TheOluwatosin: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by slivertongue: 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
goodnnews . Enugu is a no go area for APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Enough of this ugwuanyi propaganda...

I went to Enugu and yet to see his blueprint

Dude is doing absolutely nothing...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by gidgiddy: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
Paying people their entitlement should not be something to be celebrated

14 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by freemanbubble: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Okay
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Buharimustgo16F: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Good One Mr Project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Slimzazzy(m): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
Great man

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Tallesty1(m): 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
This isn't propaganda bro.

4 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
ortom and bello of kogi and benue state. Are the worst governors ever.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by nenomep: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
nice one

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
slivertongue:
goodnnews . Enugu is a no go area for APC
Such a shame that the governor is paying pensioners few days to election. I pity those still supporting this insensitive act by politicians to win votes

6 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by obinnaoduduwa: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
They are still oweing Enugu State water workers pension and gratuity for the past 12 years. ..is a pity

4 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Businessnews201(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
TheOluwatosin:

https://thepunditng.com/jubilation-as-enugu-pensioners-thank-ugwuanyi-for-payment-of-gratuities/
Vote buying. If you know you know

Check my signature to migrate to canada

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Queseda: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
Where are those hypocrites to come and condemn this move and call it 'vote buying' as they usually do whenever it's done by APC
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by LisaAnne(f): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by slivertongue: 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
asuustrike1:

Such a shame that the governor is paying pensioners few days to election. I pity those still supporting this insensitive act by politicians to win votes
its called political strategy
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Dottore: 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

God bless syou. The guys is the worst Enugu State ever had. Which gratuity are they talking about why haven't my parents been paid too

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Sandycee: 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Don't mind them..All na wash

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Qsscruz(m): 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
Good one
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by mechanics(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
He's performing magic.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by ada9ja(f): 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
When buhari paid pensioners PDP was owing secondus and some idiots called it vote buying

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by SunriseW(f): 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
Pay gini,
its lies biko,i don't hate gburugburu but this one too much na.
they never pay anything

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by InvertedHammer: 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
/
I guess there is no functional "Maina" in Enugu state.

Why do people rejoice when they are paid their money be it salaries, pensions or gratuities? Do they think it is a gift?

/
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by vibbb: 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
Datz good, more grace to u gov.
Continuity matters, pls pass it into law by mandating d payment promptly.
This pensioners hav served d nation in dia own capacity, therefore deserve their entitlements.

Hope other state governors will emulate dis gesture.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by ndubueze92(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
Lies.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by Vainglory: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
gidgiddy:
Paying people their entitlement should not be something to be celebrated
Tell that to Gov.Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State. Teachers who retired since 2014 have not been paid their gratuities and are not even receiving pension.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
It's only in Nigeria governors are celebrated for building roads, schools and health care, I mean, isn't that why they were voted in undecided
Bringing many investors, industries and creating jobs should be the least they should get applauded for.
How did we get to this bloody level of mediocrity. #spits like a Hill Billy
I need to leave earth, partner

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Reforms Aided Crackdown On Drug Lords – NDLEA / Population Outgrows Economy Amid Rising Dependants, Misery / Atiku Faults Directive To CBN To Take Over NNPCL Crude Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.