Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle (1053 Views)

2023 Teachers' Day Celebration - Win Free N2000 Airtime! / Solve This Riddle Before You Go To The Bed.(f.b.i Hard Riddle) / JAMB: Report Any Institution That Charges More Than N2000 For Post-UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by joshua09(f): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
There are five houses of different colors next to each other.
In each house lives a man.
Each man has an unique nationality,
an exclusive favorite drink,
a distinct favorite brand of cigarettes and keeps specific pets.
Use all the clues below to fill the grid and answer the question: "Who owns the fish?"

The Brit lives in the Red house.
The Swede keeps Dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks Tea.
The Green house is next to the White house, on the left.
The owner of the Green house drinks Coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears Birds.
The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the centre house drinks Milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps Cats.
The man who keeps Horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Blue Master drinks Beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house.
The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks Water.
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by dejt4u(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
joshua09:
There are five houses of different colors next to each other.
In each house lives a man.
Each man has an unique nationality,
an exclusive favorite drink,
a distinct favorite brand of cigarettes and keeps specific pets.
Use all the clues below to fill the grid and answer the question: "Who owns the fish?"

The Brit lives in the Red house.
The Swede keeps Dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks Tea.
The Green house is next to the White house, on the left.
The owner of the Green house drinks Coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears Birds.
The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the centre house drinks Milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps Cats.
The man who keeps Horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Blue Master drinks Beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house.
The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks Water.
Answer:
The German owns the fish

I solved this riddle when I was in SS2 in 2005. It took me weeks to finally arrived at the solution with the help of my kid bro. We did a lot of trial by error before the final solution

1 Like

Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by ABCthings: 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
dejt4u:

Answer:
The German owns the fish

I solved this riddle when I was in SS2 in 2005. It took me weeks to finally arrived at the solution with the help of my kid bro. We did a lot of trial by error before the final solution
Explain
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by Basildvalour(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
The Brit lives in the red house, therefore, Norwegian can't. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house, so his house isn't blue. The green house is to the left of the white house, the Norwegian can't live in the white house since there is no house to the left, and can't live in the green house because his only neighbor, the one to the right, is known to live in the blue house. Therefore, the Norwegian lives in the yellow house.
We also know the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill, and that the Norwegian has a neighbor with a blue house (the Norwegian only has one neighbor, to the right.)

Also, the man who keeps horses lives next to he man who smokes Dunhill so the horse owner lives in the blue house. The center house's owner drinks milk, the green house's owner drinks coffee, and the green house is to the left of the white house. Since we know the left two houses are the yellow and blue houses, the only position for the green and white are green as the fourth and white as the fifth, since the third drinks milk and the owner of the green house drinks coffee. The middle house has to be red, and therefore is the Brit's.

The owner who smokes blue master drinks beer, since we know what houses 3 and 4 drink, neither are beer and we know what house 1 smokes, not blue master, the only possibilities are houses 2 and 5. Since house 1 cannot drink beer, the only possible beverages for house 1 are water and tea, but since the Dane drinks tea, house 1 drinks water. The man who smokes blends lives next to someone who drinks water that is, the only house next to 1 is 2. The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who has cats; so the cat house is 1 or 3.

The Dane drinks tea, he must live in either house 2 or 5. The Swede and German could live in house 2, 4 or 5.

the beer drinker smokes blue master. The only houses that could drink beer are 2 and 5, but since 2 smokes Blends, 5 must be the house which drinks beer and smokes blue master, and 2 has to be the house that drinks tea and the house of the Dane.

The German smokes Prince. He could not live at house 5 and therefore has to live at house 4. The Swede must live at house 5. House 5 raises dogs since and the Swede raises dogs, and that house 4 smokes Prince since the German smokes Prince.

House 3 smokes Pall mall. That means whoever smokes Pall mall raises birds; so house 3 raises birds, and house 1 has cats, since the only houses which could have had cats were 1 and 3, and 3 has been gotten.

Therefore, the remaining pet is the fish, which must be owned by the German.

2 Likes

Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by yungmayor02(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
Issa simple stuff....the Nigerian.
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by joshua09(f): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
Haba
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by dejt4u(m): 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2019

Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by Ebidaniel110: 7:52am On Feb 21, 2019
The German owns the fish
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by Ebidaniel110: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2019
The man living in house 4
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by Starboytwo(m): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Basildvalour:
The Brit lives in the red house, therefore, Norwegian can't. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house, so his house isn't blue. The green house is to the left of the white house, the Norwegian can't live in the white house since there is no house to the left, and can't live in the green house because his only neighbor, the one to the right, is known to live in the blue house. Therefore, the Norwegian lives in the yellow house.
We also know the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill, and that the Norwegian has a neighbor with a blue house (the Norwegian only has one neighbor, to the right.)

Also, the man who keeps horses lives next to he man who smokes Dunhill so the horse owner lives in the blue house. The center house's owner drinks milk, the green house's owner drinks coffee, and the green house is to the left of the white house. Since we know the left two houses are the yellow and blue houses, the only position for the green and white are green as the fourth and white as the fifth, since the third drinks milk and the owner of the green house drinks coffee. The middle house has to be red, and therefore is the Brit's.

The owner who smokes blue master drinks beer, since we know what houses 3 and 4 drink, neither are beer and we know what house 1 smokes, not blue master, the only possibilities are houses 2 and 5. Since house 1 cannot drink beer, the only possible beverages for house 1 are water and tea, but since the Dane drinks tea, house 1 drinks water. The man who smokes blends lives next to someone who drinks water that is, the only house next to 1 is 2. The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who has cats; so the cat house is 1 or 3.

The Dane drinks tea, he must live in either house 2 or 5. The Swede and German could live in house 2, 4 or 5.

the beer drinker smokes blue master. The only houses that could drink beer are 2 and 5, but since 2 smokes Blends, 5 must be the house which drinks beer and smokes blue master, and 2 has to be the house that drinks tea and the house of the Dane.

The German smokes Prince. He could not live at house 5 and therefore has to live at house 4. The Swede must live at house 5. House 5 raises dogs since and the Swede raises dogs, and that house 4 smokes Prince since the German smokes Prince.

House 3 smokes Pall mall. That means whoever smokes Pall mall raises birds; so house 3 raises birds, and house 1 has cats, since the only houses which could have had cats were 1 and 3, and 3 has been gotten.

Therefore, the remaining pet is the fish, which must be owned by the German.
you nailed it.... Accurately accurate.... Nothing more to add abeg..
Re: Free N2000 Give Away To Any One Who Gets This Riddle by Toluhwanie(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
dejt4u:

Answer:
The German owns the fish

How did you do it??

(1) (Reply)

2019 Weac Questions And Answers / FG Officially Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / I'm Not Getting JAMB Profile Code (PLEASE HELP!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.