Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... (1484 Views)

Lady Kicks Her Hubby Out Of His Own Home In UK After He Brought Her From Nigeria / Immigration Kicks As Nigerian Passport Ranks Below Niger, Chad, Others / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by pacifik(f): 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
The recent news on the deportation of about 723 Nigerians by the Ghana Immigration Service over the 2018/2019 period has gotten Nigerians screaming foul. According to the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana Mr. Abikoye Micheal in January 2019 alone, a total of 196 Nigerians have been deported, 81 individuals were deported for alleged cyber crime and illegal stay while 115 were deported on allegation of overstay and prostitution.

However before we start pointing accusing fingers, I will like to take us to a flash back scene from 1983 when Shehu Shagari was the then president of a better Nigeria. Then there was an executive order that immigrants especially Ghanaians without proper immigration documents should leave Nigeria immediately or get arrested , over 1 million Ghanaians were affected by this order and Nigerians chanted "Ghana Must Go" as these Ghanaians left frustrated with their large bags on their head and their little ones lined up behind them with wounded expression on their black faces.

Now, before you are quick to judge Nigeria it is good you bear in mind that in 1969, Ghana enacted the Aliens Compliance order in which hundreds of thousands of immigrants most of which were Nigerian were forcefully expelled from the country. So you see it's Ghana - 2 and Nigeria - 1, two goals to one..

Okay, welcome back from the flashback series, now in 2019 the tides has turned again. Nigerians are been kicked out of Ghana under the label of Cyber crime and Prostitution, in a response to this development the Comptroller General of Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) Mr. Kwame Takyi said that "some Nigerians had become laws in themselves, they block major Ghanaian streets where they drink, fight and stab one another". He further added that "this unruly behavior which contravenes local laws in Ghana has led to directives from higher authorities for the arrests and eventual deportation of those who do not have the requisite immigration papers".

As this drama continues to unfold, it is obvious that Nigeria and Ghana has had this kind of sibling rivalry since the ancient of days, now it went around for Ghana and came around for Nigeria however Ghana should bear in mind that tomorrow it might come around for them and go around for Nigeria because we all know that what goes around will certainly come around..
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by limeta(f): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
What can I say
Go put yr house in order

1 Like

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
Misleading headline, it should be Ghana kicks out the Igbo. They never stayed home.
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
This reminds me of Ghana must go by Buhari's 1984 regime

1 Like

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by pacifik(f): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
Misleading headline, it should be Ghana kicks out the Igbo. They never stayed home.

Now you are making it about a particular tribe... Are you alleging that it's only the Igbo part of Nigeria that search for greener pastures beyond the shores of their country??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Hadampson(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
Naijaguy12345:

And igbos are not Nigerian undecided

God please take me away from this country... embarassed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by pacifik(f): 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hadampson:

God please take me away from this country... embarassed

Lolzzzz... Those that left are being sent back and you're still praying to leave...Let's just hope things get better..
Amen to your prayer Sha...
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by gentlebullet(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please let us be objective with our submission or take on this issue. Lots of Nigerians have been living in Ghana before 2015 especially students whose parents were paying tuition in US dollars. Just about a year into the Buhari Administration, the influx of young Nigerians into Ghana began to rise with majority of them not having any tangible means of income apart from cyber fraud and Prostitution.

The truth of the matter is that the crime rate in Ghana in the last 2+ years has been terrible. Armed robbery, Kidnapping,etc which has never been norms in the country is now almost daily occurrence and the few perpetrators of this criminal acts the security operatives have been able to apprehend are all Nigerians.
From Accra to Kasoa to Tarkoradi to Kumasi to Tarkwa to Koforidua the bad eggs among the naija guys are messing up. Lots of them are in Ankaful and Nsawam prisons already serving different jail terms for crimes they were convicted of but the Ghanaian authority thinks its better they deport all the undocumented or illegal foreigners than to wait for them to commit crimes and then jail them. mind you, its not only Nigerians that are been deported. other nationals that are undocumented immigrants are also affected.
So this is not a deliberate hatred against Nigerians. lots of us that are documented and law abiding are still here and going about our various hustle and work without any form of harassment or arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Hadampson(m): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
pacifik:

Lolzzzz... Those that left are being sent back and you're still praying to leave...Let's just hope things get better..
Amen to your prayer Sha...

Thanks boss

As for those that was sent back. I guess they misbehaved.
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Babacele: 12:30am On Feb 22, 2019
limeta:
What can I say
Go put yr house in order
the house that your PDP scattered which put those guys out to Ghana in the first place?
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by limeta(f): 2:16am On Feb 22, 2019
Babacele:
the house that your PDP scattered which put those guys out to Ghana in the first place?

Apc Opposition government in power
Pls let me hand
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Babacele: 5:53am On Feb 22, 2019
limeta:

Apc Opposition government in power
Pls let me hand
your eyes go soon clear. Just go and prepare wetin i go use celebrate by Sunday Morning when PDP is finally humbled and sent to political oblivion. I no dey for all these your akara analysis.
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Babacele: 6:46am On Feb 22, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
This reminds me of Ghana must go by Buhari's 1984 regime
it was shagari and not Buhari. You see what PDP has done to you; it has tampered with your thinking or reasoning ability.

When the parents of pdp -NPN- headed by Shagari took over from OBJ in 1979 naira was stronger than the dollar and equal to the British pound ; 59kobo to a dollar! And oil was $11/ barrel . Then by a year later , luck smiled on us as global oil prices started increasing and by 1981 it rose to $30/ barrel and so we had plenty money ,real money that foreigners were fighting over themselves to come get jobs here in Nigeria: Ghanaians, Indians, Americans,Russians, etc. Life was good, and you would be honored to have Nigerians coming to take your country visas because we were richer! But like NPN like PDP, politicians under Shagari stole uncontrollably rather than diversifying the economy like Libya ,Algeria etc to prepare for any raining day. By late 1982 global oil prices plummeted, and we were exposed. Shagari regime had not reserve to fight the impending recession his government called austerity which he told Nigerians to go prepared for like Okonjo iweala told us to prepare for recession in 2014. The corruption was so much that many of his kitchen cabinet like umaru Dikko stole so much as $4b as at then o! while external debts increased and reserve depleted. Then the economy buckled: naira fell, job losses increased, corruption continued, prices of things went astronomical etc ,and part of shagari's strategies was to drive away foreigners to create opportunities for Nigerians hence Ghanaians were the worst hit with that policy long before Buhari annoyingly took over to save the nation. Afraid that Buhari would clean the stable and expose them ,politicians like dikko financed drug barons in the military to topple Buhari like they are doing now but unsuccessfully.
Go and do your independent research ; don't take my word for it. Then you would realise that your real enemy is the PDP who always turn oil boom to a national doom.

Do the needful by Sat. go to za Next Level.
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by limeta(f): 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
Babacele:
your eyes go soon clear. Just go and prepare wetin i go use celebrate by Sunday Morning when PDP is finally humbled and sent to political oblivion. I no dey for all these your akara analysis.

Even if Buhari win a free and fair election which he cant
He still won't be president
I guess you don't know how it works
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Babacele: 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
limeta:

Even if Buhari win a free and fair election which he cant He still won't be president I guess you don't know how it works
tell me. Onnoghen hasn't taught you lesson.
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by limeta(f): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
Babacele:
tell me. Onnoghen hasn't taught you lesson.

Let's stop here till after the election .
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Babacele: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
limeta:

Let's stop here till after the election .
and if Buhari forms the next government ,you owe me.
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by stagger: 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2019
All you PDP and APC supporters: na God go punish all of una. Nonsense!
Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by DexterousOne(m): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
gentlebullet:
Please let us be objective with our submission or take on this issue. Lots of Nigerians have been living in Ghana before 2015 especially students whose parents were paying tuition in US dollars. Just about a year into the Buhari Administration, the influx of young Nigerians into Ghana began to rise with majority of them not having any tangible means of income apart from cyber fraud and Prostitution.

The truth of the matter is that the crime rate in Ghana in the last 2+ years has been terrible. Armed robbery, Kidnapping,etc which has never been norms in the country is now almost daily occurrence and the few perpetrators of this criminal acts the security operatives have been able to apprehend are all Nigerians.
From Accra to Kasoa to Tarkoradi to Kumasi to Tarkwa to Koforidua the bad eggs among the naija guys are messing up. Lots of them are in Ankaful and Nsawam prisons already serving different jail terms for crimes they were convicted of but the Ghanaian authority thinks its better they deport all the undocumented or illegal foreigners than to wait for them to commit crimes and then jail them. mind you, its not only Nigerians that are been deported. other nationals that are undocumented immigrants are also affected.
So this is not a deliberate hatred against Nigerians. lots of us that are documented and law abiding are still here and going about our various hustle and work without any form of harassment or arrest.

You have said ut al

Nigerians who moved post 2015 messed up big time

1 Like

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by DexterousOne(m): 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=Hadampson post=75962684]

God please take me away from this country... embarassed[/quote

And me too O

I really need to exit this zoo

1 Like

Re: Ghana Kicks Out Nigerians... by Hadampson(m): 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=DexterousOne post=76009764][/quote]

Imagine what somebody said. I don tire for this country.

Na money dey delay me.. If i get money today, i dey go one time

(1) (Reply)

GIG Logistics / Lord Chosen Members Allegedly Involved In An Accident.. Over 20 Dead / Choosing Between Ontario And Alberta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.