Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President (4829 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / NFF President Aminu Maigari Arrested by SSS / Aminu Maigari Resigns As NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by 12large: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
discuss
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by medjai(m): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
This is the worst kept secret
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by honeric01(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2010
Maigari wins NFF election

Posted: 2010-08-26 17:25

Aminu Maigari has been returned as President of the Nigeria Football Federation following a tumultuous day of voting in Abuja.

Maigari got 31 out of the 44 votes, well ahead of former NFF Secretary General Sani Toro, who got five votes.

NPL chairman Oyuiki Obaseki got four votes, Shehu Dikko got two votes, Fan Ndubuoke one vote and Lumumba Adeh got zero votes along with Segun Odegbami, Bukola Olopade and Tijani Yusuf.

Odegbami, Olopade and Yusuf all withdrew from the elections, but electoral committee declined their withdrawals, saying it did not comply with the statutes, which require a one-week notice.

Former Super Eagles Team Manager Mike Umeh was elected First Vice President with 26 votes ahead of Jarret Tenebe with 13, former executive committee member Obinna Ogba with 2 votes and Fanny Amun with 3 votes.

Effiong Johnson was elected unopposed with 42 votes as Chairman of Chairmen, the position previously held by impeached board member Taiwo Ogunjobi.

In other positions, former international Dominic Iorfa lost out in his north central zone, with Suleiman Kwande and Yusuf Ahmed both emerging.

In the North-West zone, Shehu Ahmed Adamu kept his seat, but was joined by Muazu Suleiman with 28 and 24 votes respectively.

Enyimba chairman Felix Anyansi-Agwu defeated former Green Eagles captain Christian Chukwu to emerge from the South East, and Austin Jay Jay Okocha lost out to Rivers State FA Chairman Christopher Greene.

Green won with 25 votes to Okocha's 8. Israel Goli got 6 votes, Collins Eselemo got 2 votes and Aisha Falode 1 vote.

Anyansi Agwu topped Chukwu by 21 votes to 19.

Deji Tinubu and Olaleye Adepoju claimed the positions for the South West ahead of Adegboyega Onigbinde, Mutiu Adepoju, Ayo Omidiran and incumbent Paul Odebunmi.

Olayeye Adepoju polled 32 votes and Tinubu 31 votes. Ex international Mutiu Adepoju got 8 votes Odebunmi got 4 votes, same as Onigbinde and Omidiran.

An attempt to stop the elections by NANS President Harrison Jalla, who was accompanied by a court bailiff and some policement, was prevented by armed policemen at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, where the elections were held.

New NFF board
President: Aminu Maigari
1st Vice President: Mike Umeh
2nd Vice President: Davidson Owumi
Chairman of Chairmen: Effiong Johnson
North Central: Suleiman Kwande, Yusuf Ahmed
North West: Shehu Adamu, Muazu Suleiman
South East: Felix Anyansi-Agwu
South South: Christopher Greene
South West: Olaleye Adepoju, Deji Tinubu
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by EdwinOse: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
So many elections into the NFF with little or nothing to cheer about.It's the same breed of leaders who are mostly out to grab what they can of the national cake.To be candid,i don't have faith in these guys.Why can't they allow the professionals to manage our football? It smacks of corrupt tendencies!
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by PurestBoy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2010
Another cattle rearer to preside over our football
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by 9jauk: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2010
NFF will never move forward with this keita's brov again they lack known hw, na anywhr money dye den dey follow,idiots.
The like's of ex international Segun Odegbami will not be given automatic slot,thank God ve not given up my britiko status,would anything ever work in Nigeria looters enough,9ja must seprate amagamation is a total failure.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Redman44(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2010
I don't have an iota of faith in the newly selected NFF Board headed by Aminu Maigari. Why can't we get things right in this country? The new board is illegal because court orders were flouted and the Nigerian Judiciary was disregarded. A full blown crises will follow shortly and Nigerian Football will suffer for it. Qualifiers for the next African Nations Cup will be starting from next month and we are yet to put our house in order cry cry cry The Super Eagles do not have a coach yet as I'm speaking and the appointment of Samson Siasia as Super Eagles coach is taking ages. It is only in Nigeria that an election will be conducted when court orders have been gotten to stop the electoral process. What does this tell us about next year's general elections in the country? We can't even conduct a Football Federation election properly and we want to conduct a nationwide election free of controversy shocked shocked I'm pissed off.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2010
Here's hopin someone like Deji Tinubu,respected football journalist/sports promoter,can influence some positive change in there.Same goes for Anyansi-Agu,though I'm not too optimistic about him. He appears a government type of person.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by OvieE: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2010
This is what you get when you have people who never open a book once in their life.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by aulakyton: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2010
How can somebody who performed woefully in the presidential debate turn out to be the winner of the election
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by mensdept: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2010
aulakyton:

How can somebody who performed woefully in the presidential debate turn out to be the winner of the election

That usually happens in Naija in most elections. Imagine, those who may have made a real difference in our soccer industry woefully lost to politicians and businessmen.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by real4jesus: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2010
how can this cattle rearer whos failed woefully and new nothing abut support win?
OMG! this drawing board we went back to is the worst o!
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by eldee(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2010
I don't get it . . . so everyone that knows sumn about football loses to a politician??
Because Onigbinde that's worked with FIFA loses out, JayJay too loses out . . . Segun Odegbami too. . . Fanny Ammun too.

Aren't these the people meant to be running our football??
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by citizenY(m): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
What is the use? Maybe we should allow the NFF to play the matches too cry cry

E be like say PDP disease has infected NFF.

Let us wait and see what happens to the court order and the position of FIFA abi the
statutes accept flouting court orders?
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by GNBohr: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2010
What are you people yapping about? Have you ever witnessed an incumbent losing election in Nigeria?

You talked as if you are all from another planet. Havent you all see the handwriting on the wall long before now. It is like a generation of thieves passing baton to another generation of thieves.

Pointer to 2011 election. Do you ever think anybody contesting against Jonathan will win? Power of incumbency is a sacrosanct password in Nigeria, be it in public, private or corporate life. We are all the same.

So stop yapping your mouths. If Odegbami was in Maigari's shoes, he would have behaved to type. The same blood run in all of us.

Maybe I am wrong. Waiting to be proved wrong. Anything for history.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by DARA1234: 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2010
I think the election result should be declared invalid, politicians barred from the election and a new board of professionals appointed; we know those that can work;
Odegbami
Okocha
and other professionals
getting a FIFA ban is better than getting the same inapproprate leadership.
I will be very dissapointed if the presidency doesnt do anything.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by DARA1234: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2010
A good advice to the professionals who lost out is to come together and form a new group or body and organise their own sport programmes football tournaments, Club competition etc; See sky and CNN they are private outfits doing very well.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Rastamann: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2010
What do you expect from an election in Nigeria? It is business as usual! I wonder what we are restructuring if the same old fools are the one there? God save us.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Smi1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2010
Whata Shame !!
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by GBT(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2010
Here's hopin someone like Deji Tinubu,respected football journalist/sports promoter,can influence some positive change in there.Same goes for Anyansi-Agu,though I'm not too optimistic about him. He appears a government type of person.

Time will tell if Deji will deliver  but i wont be optimistic about him though and looking at the composure of the body it looks like that which will favour any policy or decision /action backed with gratification/bribe.

And i knew that  Aminu will come out tops. poo HAPPENS !
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Mortiple(m): 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2010
My Garri!
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Redman44(m): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2010
I really don't see anything good coming out of this Maigari led NFF Board cry cry  I'm starting to be afraid for Samson Siasia and his plans to restructure the Super Eagles. He won't achieve much with the new NFF officials. The court orders obtained by Segun Odegbami and co should have been obeyed. If not for the corrupt nature of our politics, Maigari cannot win in a normal situation. I'm just angry about this new development. Shame on those who cast their votes for Maigari when they had the knowledge that the electoral process was illegal.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Obimek: 3:53am On Aug 28, 2010
Hmmmm! How can they continue doing like this? And want me to have faith in Super Eagles. Time has come to change my nationality to ghana.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Gayigaskia(m): 4:54am On Aug 28, 2010
All this nonsense needs to stop, if the bushman keeps winning every time he faces the wise PHD holder then who is the real bushman? It is not what you think you are instead it is what you proved to be.
I hope good luck for Maigari and the nigerian football. one thing i 'am sure of is that many problems exist in this country not only in football but all the aspects of Nigerian being, and surely no individual can repair those shortcomings alone.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by chinaaman(f): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2010
lncumbent power at work ?
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Lolasho: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2010
I prefer Mr president ban on our football rather than this crap, lets just know we don't have football anymore in nigeria than lootting money for PDP election , samething Federal Govt did on Jega' case, so so billion for electoral reform. me knw say PDP need money,na him be all these ones.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by mrofficial(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2010
Now una dey complain. This country self.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by LagosBobo1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2010
Typical Nigeria, recycling the same old, wasted and useless garbage. That country definitely needs prayers, lots of it.

O pari
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by Chongaiman: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2010
PurestBoy:

Another cattle rearer to preside over our football

May be the position has been zoned to the North.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by sley4life(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2010
moving 4 years back
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by otokx(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2010
There is something fishy about this whole setup.
Re: Official:Aminu Maigari Is Now Nff President by pheesayor(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2010
otokx:

There is something fishy about this whole setup.
There's just one name with which to qualify this , ILLEGALITY.
Those that voted were not qualified to vote and still they went on to hold the election instead of conducting state FA elections first. It's glaring for all to see. Some are saying we should let sleeping dogs lie and see how they will perform, hell no!

Let us learn to do things the right way and Nigeria will be a better place for all of us.

#It's Pheesayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mamador Rewards Nigerian Olympics And Paralympics Team With ₦6.5 Million / 2FACE VS MIKEL Who Is More Popular In The Whole World? / Marcus Rashford Gets A Tattoo Ahead Of World Cup Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.