Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

5-year-old Nigerian Passess Uk’s Gce… Makes World History - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5-year-old Nigerian Passess Uk’s Gce… Makes World History (1732 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / Stories Of The People Behind Famous Photographs In World History. / 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5-year-old Nigerian Passess Uk’s Gce… Makes World History by noibilism(m): 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
A five-year old Nigerian, Dee Alli, has made history in the United Kingdom by being the first pupil to pass a General Certificate of Secondary Education, GCSE, Nigeria’s equivalent of GCE, and scoring C in Mathematics.

Dee lives with her parents, Joy and Rasheed Alli, in Southwark, South London. She made a C in Mathematics and says she finds it easy.

Dee started attending Saturday evening classes with Excellence in Education in November. The charity group aims to help talented youngsters in inner cities.

“I find Maths very easy. I didn’t know I was taking the exam. I thought it was a game. Maths is a big game with numbers. I am very surprised to be the youngest ever. I’m very proud of myself,” Dee said. Last year, Dee’s brother, Jude, hit the headlines when he sat for Maths at GCSE and made a D. Then, he was six years old.

Meanwhile, another Nigerian, Chidera Ota, led the GCSE roll of honour with 15 As. She has gained admission to study Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths and Further Maths at A-levels in King’s School, Canterbury. Presently, she also studies Latin twice a week during her lunch break. Chidera, 16, attended Highstead Grammar School, Sittingbourne, Kent.

She scored As in English Literature and Language, Maths, Statistics, French, German, Latin, History, Sociology, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. She also made an IT qualification worth three GCSEs. Chidera lives with her Nigerian-born parents, Uchenna and Mercy, who are doctor and nurse respectively. She hopes to be a doctor.

“I stayed home a lot and put a lot of work into my GCSEs. I want to become a doctor. And I know it’s very competitive. So, I need to do very well to get into medicine,” Chidera said. She added: “I want to go to a top university and I have already looked around Oxford and Cambridge. I think I will like to go to St. John’s College at Cambridge.”

Culled from PM News.

Re: 5-year-old Nigerian Passess Uk’s Gce… Makes World History by chike100: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2010
That's very good!!!!!

Do you wish to purchase any good online but dont have a CREDITCARD. if yes, then join fellow nigerians applying for their creditcard @ www.Uscreditcard49jerians..com
Re: 5-year-old Nigerian Passess Uk’s Gce… Makes World History by pxjosh(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Incredible...dis 5yr old wan be like me wink

(1) (Reply)

Bank Transfer, Alibaba Tools, Scam Page, Carding Tools, Wu Transfer Paypal..more / Genuine Perkins Engine Parts / Mtn 3gb Cheat For #300 Now Posted @ Starconnect.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.